street racing.... - Page 9 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: street racing....
Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:34 PM on j-body.org
some of you have watched the over dramatized street racing videos way to much... That or seen F&F to many times...

Seriously, 90% of the people that race don't go and crowd a road. They go to somewhere abadoned, race a few times, and leave to go hang out somewhere else.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:33 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z24 wrote:1077

i do it on roads that are not used and have people on either side.

apparantly some people race on roads lined with people.......he said he does

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:51 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z24 Your a Marine MP. Bet your CO would just love to come and bail you out of jail some night, because you got caught street racing. You might even need to think about a career change after he finds out. I would think that a CO might not want someone that breaks the law being in his command that is supposed to inforce the law.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Friday, October 28, 2005 5:06 AM on j-body.org
Oooo, Thats an excellent point Gary. I would have HATED to have my 1st sgt. or god forbid my company co pulled out of bed early in the a.m. by the cops to come sign me out of lock up. Oh god that would suck to no end, life as you knew it just ended.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, October 28, 2005 5:35 AM on j-body.org
first off, in what states is it so big of a crime that you go to jail?, and what i ment by people at both ends was, some one at the start, and some one at the end,
however i will consead the point that its ileagel, personaly on dont see it as sutch a crime that using any drug is, ie federal felony,

just my point of view.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:23 AM on j-body.org
Well i know for a fact that in Cali if your caught even watching a street race your car gets impounded. If your one of the street racers and get caught in Cali it gets better, 1st your cars impounded and searched for ANY illegal aftermarket mods then you are fined
for the mods your car is then taken directly to the crusher to be destroyed. It does not get re-embersed to you either the state takes it, puts you in jail, crushes your car, fines you for your mods, bills you for your cars towing and striping and storage till its crushed, and then bills you for its crushing. Then when you go to court you say goodbye to your licence, most probly get at least 6 months, probly lose your job, and have to try to re-build your life. Sounds like fun to me ! WOO HOO!!! And as you know Cali does something and then other states follow suit. Here in MD you'll lose your car and NO you can't get it back and you can spend time in jail and you will most certainly lose your licence. And we won't even talk about how many points you get for street raceing. But just so you know they'll hit you with engageing in a speed contest 10 points, Drag raceing 22 points, speed double that of posted will get ya 5 points, and IF you decide to run? HA! more speeding eluding and evading 25 points what other traffic laws you may break get thrown in too. Then theres the fines speed contest will get you $500.00 drag raceing $500.00 double speed limit $250.00 eluding $1000.00
then any theres what ever else they can think of court costs, lawers fees, missed work, loss of job. Yeah makes tons of sence to want ot do something this stupid.

Sorry I don't like to name call its lame but you guys who still think its cool your just being a BONEHEAD. Damn how can you argue being 100% wrong about something and still think you look cool? Your not a bunch of morons stop acting like it!

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:41 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Here in MD you'll lose your car and NO you can't get it back and you can spend time in jail and you will most certainly lose your licence. And we won't even talk about how many points you get for street raceing. But just so you know they'll hit you with engageing in a speed contest 10 points, Drag raceing 22 points, speed double that of posted will get ya 5 points, and IF you decide to run? HA! more speeding eluding and evading 25 points what other traffic laws you may break get thrown in too. Then theres the fines speed contest will get you $500.00 drag raceing $500.00 double speed limit $250.00 eluding $1000.00 then any theres what ever else they can think of court costs, lawers fees, missed work, loss of job. Yeah makes tons of sence to want ot do something this stupid.
Dude, it's cool that you've decided to rally against street racing...but if you're going to do it, don't make @!#$ up. It makes us all sound stupid and adds fuel to the fire for the street racing morons.

http://www.marylandmva.com/Resources/DL-002AMVAGuideBook2.pdf Page 26 and 27 are the point assessments.

"Participating in a race or speed contest" - 5 points
"Exceeding speed limit of 65mph by 20 mph or more" - 5 points
"Exceeding any speed limit by 30mph or more" - 5 points
"Fleeing / Eluding" - 12 points

Maryland also DOES NOT, at this time, have a forfeiture law on the books for street racing. It is being lobbied for but has not passed the state legislature. Your vehicle can be impounded if you are ticketed for an arrestable offense like driving on a suspended license, hit and run, fleeing and eluding, etc. But the state DOES NOT confiscate your car unless drugs are involved.

Like I said, it's cool that you want to be a responsible citizen and try to explain to these idiots that street racing is bad. Just don't make the rest of us look foolish in the process. Know what you're talking about before you spout off at the mouth.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Friday, October 28, 2005 7:23 AM on j-body.org
I was going off what I was told by a state trooper. Didn't know he was bsing me sorry for any bad info I may have given as a resulte and thank you Jimmy far correcting me and sideing with us on this problem.

Friday, October 28, 2005 2:35 PM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:
Jackalope wrote:Here in MD you'll lose your car and NO you can't get it back and you can spend time in jail and you will most certainly lose your licence. And we won't even talk about how many points you get for street raceing. But just so you know they'll hit you with engageing in a speed contest 10 points, Drag raceing 22 points, speed double that of posted will get ya 5 points, and IF you decide to run? HA! more speeding eluding and evading 25 points what other traffic laws you may break get thrown in too. Then theres the fines speed contest will get you $500.00 drag raceing $500.00 double speed limit $250.00 eluding $1000.00 then any theres what ever else they can think of court costs, lawers fees, missed work, loss of job. Yeah makes tons of sence to want ot do something this stupid.
Dude, it's cool that you've decided to rally against street racing...but if you're going to do it, don't make @!#$ up. It makes us all sound stupid and adds fuel to the fire for the street racing morons.

http://www.marylandmva.com/Resources/DL-002AMVAGuideBook2.pdf Page 26 and 27 are the point assessments.

"Participating in a race or speed contest" - 5 points
"Exceeding speed limit of 65mph by 20 mph or more" - 5 points
"Exceeding any speed limit by 30mph or more" - 5 points
"Fleeing / Eluding" - 12 points

Maryland also DOES NOT, at this time, have a forfeiture law on the books for street racing. It is being lobbied for but has not passed the state legislature. Your vehicle can be impounded if you are ticketed for an arrestable offense like driving on a suspended license, hit and run, fleeing and eluding, etc. But the state DOES NOT confiscate your car unless drugs are involved.

Like I said, it's cool that you want to be a responsible citizen and try to explain to these idiots that street racing is bad. Just don't make the rest of us look foolish in the process. Know what you're talking about before you spout off at the mouth.

HAHAHA! OWN3D!

and everyone brakes the law.... it happens, and you don't realize it. In kentucky its illegal to spit on the sidewalks... in one state your not allowd to walk down the street with a ice cream cone in your back pocket. Another state its illegal to scare a squirel. Everyone here has broken a law. We've all spead, ran stop signs, j-walked, parked in more than one space, ect. ect. So with what you said, only way you could be a cop is you'd have to be either a: perfect... or b: god.

Friday, October 28, 2005 4:00 PM on j-body.org
Breaking the law in the past, then becoming a COP is one thing. Breaking the law while a COP is another.

Nobody here was "OWN3D!" (or any other juvenile expression)

PAX
Friday, October 28, 2005 4:28 PM on j-body.org
cops brake the law to dumb ass. how many times do u see a cop flip the lights on to go thru a red light, and then turn them off once thru?

thats against the law...

they speed when not in a emergency... i mean come on. nobody's perfect.

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:59 PM on j-body.org
yeah, they do it, but its very very wrong and shouldn't ever happen, and the cop should be fired if caught intentionally breaking a law, i mean, if a cop does a crime, its ok to do right? i mean, he is the law

Hail Satan

Friday, October 28, 2005 7:51 PM on j-body.org
like i said, EVERYONE brakes a law... no matter how stupid, harmless, or pointless the law is, we've all broken them. some of us well more than others... some of us do it every weekend by street racing, some of us do it just by walking across the street and Jwalking... Nobody can be expected to follow EVERY single law. No matter who! be it president, average joe, cop, or FBI agent...

Friday, October 28, 2005 7:53 PM on j-body.org
yeah i know that, i break laws all the time, mostly noise laws, i don't have a problem with law breaking, if street racing had no chance of harming anyone i would have no problem with that either, i just think its screwed up for a cop to knowingly and intentionally break the law

Hail Satan

Friday, October 28, 2005 8:38 PM on j-body.org
but it happens...

and its not brakeing the law, unless you get caught... at least thats my understanding

Friday, October 28, 2005 8:42 PM on j-body.org
lol, yeah, its only a crime if you get caught

Hail Satan

Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:59 AM on j-body.org
Ha ha owned? my ass dude did you see my responce to him? I was feed bad info by a cop how is that me getting "owned" ? But it would look like you street racers are the ones getting owned around here. But you guys are just tooo thick to relize it. (shakes head & sighs) What ever I hope you don't kill anyone while in the middle of one of your races. And sure everyone breaks the law but theres a big difference between being 10 over the limit and drag raceing another idiot down a public street if you can't see that then perhaps you sholdn't be driveing at all cause your blind.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:59 AM on j-body.org
well its kinda hard to defend ones position when it 1 vrs. the org... now isn't it?

Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:22 AM on j-body.org
i street race, but lets think of something.

Anyone here who has never gone over the speed limit please raise your hand? Anyone who has never gone 5-10MPH over the speed limit please raise your hand? I doubt any hands are raised right now.

The say the speed limit on the highway is 75MPH. If im on a highway late and night with no one around but a car that i want to race, we slow down to 45MPH or so. Then we race to 80-85MPH. How is that any more dangerous or stupid than the guy doing 80-85MPH just driving?

Lets think about this. The guy doing a constant 85MPH, does that seem safe? Not to me. I see a guy speeding above the speed limit at a constant speed. That means his mind is pretty relaxed. Hes prolly been going that speed for a while and got used to it. He might be day dreaming or listening to the radio.

Now lets look at the street racer. First hes gonna be cautios no other cars are around. 1 for cops, and 2 for safety. Then during the race he is going to be focused on nothing more than driving the car. No day dreaming, no radio, nothing but driving. His eyes will be fixed on the road ahead of him.

Id rather drive next to the street racer going 85MPH than the speeder going 85MPH.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:13 PM on j-body.org
OOOOKKKK.

Your right 2G I made my point I promiss I'll get off your back dude I don't want any hard feelings man. I know its rough when it seems like everyone is after you so I wont be.
Cool?

Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:23 PM on j-body.org
its cool, its just everyone is putting there focus point on ME

why... because im one of the only ones that have not gone and hid there tails between there legs.

And Jayson made some good points there that I hadn't mentioned.

i know when im racing im more focused on the road and surrondings when im doing 70-80 just cruizing the hi-way.

When we went to the bash there was probably about a 20-30 car convoy that went from Dayton to Ohio... We all pretty much has a close call. wether it was Geed's trailer not being able to slow down as fast as everyone else, someone tring to get back into the line so that they don't get jamed up behind 3 tractor trailers, or just following way to close to one another.

We all did 80+ the whole way. Speed limit was ranged from 55mph-65mph. And there were alot of close calls just in that drive.

Now lets compare this to me racing.

I haven't had that many close calls. I've had my share (damn tankers) but we probably had more close calls going to Indy, than I have ever had COMBINED while street racing.

Those who are racing in popular area's are what 'causes wrecks because they don't know who's about to come around the corner. However, those of us who go to old roads with no intercetions around, parking lots of base ball stadiums ( ) or 2 lane (for one direction of traffic) are going to be better off. Its not like people are driving down the wrong side of the road when they're racing... they normally on most cases do it with the direction your suppost to go.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:39 PM on j-body.org
But you can at least see why were saying what we are right? And No I'm not gonna say well then why do you still do it. That would be lame of me big time. I do respect you for the fact that your the only one who has stood here and taken all our crap as long as you have. And to not name call too!! I must say I'm impressed. Anyway I won't flame you anymore cause you know how I feel and I don't want you to think were all out to get you.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 2:42 PM on j-body.org
well see, where i come from street racing is idiot kids doing about 60-80 in residential zones, and doing whatever the top speed of thier car is on the highway, regardless of traffic, that is the kind of street racing that i just absolutley hate, now the race that was described by jaysonz24, i don't mind that really, empty highway, slow down to about 45-50, then go till 80-85, thats not so bad, i mean its stil in the range most cars drive on the highway anyhow

Hail Satan

Saturday, October 29, 2005 4:39 PM on j-body.org
thats exactly the kind of street racing we do in my town. usually on this dead end frontage road from a dead stop or on the interstate from a 40-45mph roll. we have 3 interstates right near where we cruise to pick from. one of them is deader than hell. im not saying its right in no way becuase its still illegal. but where we hang out is a very populated area with lots of intersections and yet some of the other people that we dont hang with race through there all night long. even bikes do it. its kind of scary to see these people do that. i will not race in a spontaneus street race cause some dude reved his motor or called my car crap. it has to be a little more organized than that. we usually talk it up for 20-30 mins before we race. we are all friends there and watch out for each other. it may be wrong but its how we do it. go ahead and flame me. i dont have any arguments for anyone.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Saturday, October 29, 2005 4:48 PM on j-body.org
werd

._____________________________.
hostis humani generis - Causa latet vis est notissima
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-12-11 18:21:36. This ban will expire 2005-12-18 18:21:36 Pacific Time.

Reason: Your comment about Grim Raven's wife was completely uncalled for and way over the top.

My other car is a boat. Supermotors
Free FlatScreens, IT WORKS!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search