BASEBALL STEROID SCANDAL - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BASEBALL STEROID SCANDAL
Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:06 PM on j-body.org
So whats everyone think about this??? My take on it is that steroids should not be considered cheating...sure it gives you more muscle but you still have to have the skills to hit the ball and make the plays...what is the difference if your HR is 400 ft or 600 ft it's still a homerun, if they wanna risk thier bodies thats on them hell it makes it more interesting to watch for the fans when players are jacked up on roids....Do i condone sterioids...No..i think the players should set a good example for youth by staying drug free...all i'm saying is that they do not make you a better baseball player...take the average guy off the street put him on steroids and he still most likely couldn't even compete at the high school level, all it does is make you physically stronger it does not improve your skills that's all i'm sayin...

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Re: BASEBALL STEROID SCANDAL
Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:31 PM on j-body.org
barry bonds is a douche

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:34 PM on j-body.org
but anyways...jose canseco flat out said that if he did not take steroids he would not have been a good enough player to make it in the major leagues..so obviously from someone whos been in that position, steroids does have a substantial effect on your ability to play.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:40 PM on j-body.org
bullcrap...he still would have made it he just woouldn't have been such a 'power hitter' he would have been just average like most players...i think w/o the use of steroids baseball will be even more boring to watch then it all ready is, the days of superman power hitters will be over, canseco just wants to sell a book thats all it is he's money hungry

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:40 PM on j-body.org
What i would like to know is why this is in congress dont they have better things to do with taxpayer money like fix social security or nuclear weapons?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:52 PM on j-body.org
they are probably trying to get ppl more interested in baseball again, little do they know without the sterioid induced power hitters it will be a lot more boring...

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Thursday, March 17, 2005 6:54 PM on j-body.org
The problem is, if it becomes okay in one professional high-profile sport, it can be used in other sports to justify their use.

Kids that want to be athletes shouldn't have to start alotting money out of their weekly allowance to pay for roids, by that same idea, the deck shouldn't be stacked against them if they make it into the majors.

Steroids do have an effect on people, and it is fleeting... Risking their long term health for short term gains is foolish, it's the reason why there are DRUG LAWS in the country, otherwise, why not start addicting kids to medical grade heroin at 12? Drugs are drugs.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:46 PM on j-body.org
The steroid scandal isn't as big of a deal as what everyone is making it out to be. The congressional hearings are saying baseball needs to be doing something, and develop a strict policy. Baseballl developed the strictest testing policy(in regards to steroids) of the four major sports.
With regards to the Conseco argument on not getting to the majors. Conseco without steroids may have been an Augie Ojeda type player. Bounces back and forth as an utiliity infielder. Can hit somewhat, but doesn't have the power. The strength gained from steroid use made him get the recognition that kept him at a MLB level. We all know Conseco wasn't there for his defensive ability. A lot of this stuff isn't around based on fact though. Most of it based on he said bull. So believe what you will, but until I get evidence I won't point my finger.
Friday, March 18, 2005 3:30 AM on j-body.org
Last time I checked Steroids were illegal in the United States. MLB and the Players Union knew that players were using illegal subtances and did nothing about it.

They are in deep do do.
Friday, March 18, 2005 5:16 AM on j-body.org
I think there are a number of problems with steroid use, but one of the ones that bugs me is that the old record holders whgo did not use steroids have ther records broken by drug poppin' cheaters. You can bet that Babe Ruth didn't use steroids, or any of the players from more than a couple decades ago. How is it fair for them to lose their titles and their hard earned records to this buch of spoiled brats?

I haven't watched baseball since the early 90s and I doubt I'll ever watch again. Golf has the same entertainment value. A bad MotoGP race is 10 times more exciting than the best baseball ever played.

PAX
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:13 PM on j-body.org
BASEBALL SUCKS

I HATE BARRY BONDS, I HOPE HE NEVER PLAYS AGAIN. I THINK A PITCHER SHOULD THROW A BALL AT HIS HEAD FOR CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:37 PM on j-body.org
Wow.. mrgto and I agreed on something.. again.. Simply amazing!

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 4:10 PM on j-body.org
not just that, but since steroid use is illegal...

why don't the cops start arresting people?

Oh wait, i forgot, the system is corrupt.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search