Cant cut in in Marine bootcamp? Get Murdered. - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cant cut in in Marine bootcamp? Get Murdered.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:38 AM on j-body.org
it's perfect, just encrypted so not everyone can read it.

maybe you need your ovaltine little orphan annie decoder ring.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:51 PM on j-body.org
You've been watching too many christmas movies. So all of that was to getr me to drink more Ovaltine?
Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:38 PM on j-body.org
There definately does seem to be a line between those in the military and those not on this issue. The ones in the military can relate to what happened and those not in the military frankly can't.

I myself did not join the Marines because I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle it or not. Hence I joined the air force, 3 days after graduating high school. Yes the air force has a much lighter load then the marines or army, but we all go through the same mental obstacles. Some people can't handle those, the recruit here obviously was one of the many that couldn't. Every military member gets trained in CPR at some point in their career and I would like to reiterate the fact that not every person trained in CPR has the ability to save everybody that is drowning.

Now myself coming into the air force as spec ops seem to be some of the closest air force can relate to how marine boot is, first coming in as EOD and then trying to crosstrain into Combat Control until I injured my ankles. It's not easy, and as a pararescuemen you actually have to drown during some part in your training, they will make you stay under water until you drown and then revive you. This is definately not easy for the weaker emotion people out there and they just don't make it through.

Personally I think that everyone there is at fault. Yes I'm sure I will get flamed majorly for saying that but the DIs did their job by laying down so many stresses on the recruits, if they can't handle stress how are they going to do in a combat environment, they can't run home. They are trained to handle anything that comes at them, and if they can't handle it then they can get out. Peer pressure also has a factor in that I know this recruit wanted to get out but with the pressure from the DIs and other recruits he sticked with it. This I think was his downfall.

Now that I am confused as to what I just wrote I will end.

Prayers please be with the family of this recruit and all other recruits and everyone else serving our country doing that own part.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:50 PM on j-body.org
wow lot of reading
and i must say everyone has good points the recruit shouldn't have died that was one step to far. whose fault it was who knows? not us! basic is hard, point blank if you went through it you thought about giving up. this is what seperates the men from the boys the weak from the strong just remember it is those men and the men before them that allow you and i to be typing on this forum

i myself went to iraq at the start of the war i am a loader on a m1a2 sep tank ,basic did not even compare to that type of stress put on you nothing prepares you to kill another person with a m240 machine gun you will never forget looking into the eyes of your target knowing its your life or his i have killed people. i am not proud i think its a shame that we cant be peaceful and work towards peaceful resolutions

i signed my name on that little line and so did he

"dude, thats a girls car"
NOT ANY MORE!!! PSHHHTTT!!!!
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:38 AM on j-body.org
good points muff
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:55 AM on j-body.org
Muff: You chose to, I dare say, the other guy had no other choice except death.

Either way, it's not about the dead (you can't help them after they die), it's about what is done with the rest of us.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 12:17 AM on j-body.org
I just recently got out of the marine Corps after 4 years and when I went through boot camp they put us through the same thing that that recruit was going through the one thing that you have to know is that in the report on the news they also said that the recruit did not want to get into the water because he did not know how to swim. The one thing that you have to do in boot camp is try everything that they tell you to do the only thing that the news cameras caught was the instructor striking the recruit the thing that they didn't show was why he got hit. The only real reason that any one in boot camp would get something like that was if the recruit tried to strike the instructor first. The instructor's can correct a recruit in any way that is need to get them to Train.

The only thing that I could think of the would cause a recruit to drowned would be what happened to me. When I was doing the basic swimming exercises we had to do the back stroke what camies, boots, helmet, and pack on. The one thing that you need to know is you may be waring all of this stuff but when you get into the water the pack floats. They do that on purpose. Any way when I did this part of the training a recruit that was in the pool swam over the top of me. Which pushed me underwater. When you in the pool with 40 other recruits. your not going to have eyes on you at all times but most of the time. In this guys case he had a few things weighing against him. 1) he wasn't an good swimmer. 2) he must not have been listening the the instructor or he would not have gotten smacked on camera. 3) he wasn't alone in the pool there were a lot of recruits in the pool. He could have gotten pushed under water, freaked out, got tired, in the process lost his pack if he was waring it, and sank. Now with the option of floating with the pack on cammies get heavy and your boot fill with water turning into nothing but a weight on your feet. once he hit the bottom of the pool it would be even harder to get back to the surface. Now while all of this is happening the instructor are watching the recruits in the pool but don't see this happening or see it to late as he goes under. From there we know what happened, but we didn't hear about what the instructors tried to due before the kid croaked. Know one except the instructors and the recruits on the side of the pool know.

That my $1.50 on this subject.

The Faster the Better
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search