Sick and tired... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sick and tired...
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:33 PM on j-body.org
Is it just me, or is anyone else here getting SICK AND @!#$ TIRED about this Liberal vs. Conservative rhetoric?

Please, spare us. It's about as dated as Paris Hilton's c***.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Re: Sick and tired...
Monday, March 21, 2005 2:12 AM on j-body.org
It is not just you. But remember, botrh sides KNOW thye are right and the other side is wrong. The other side is a bunch of blithering idiots hell-bent on ruining evertthing.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:01 AM on j-body.org
I love toying with the dolts that think the world is all back or white... Some are just too simple to see that it's mostly grey.

Toying with dolts gets boring...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, March 21, 2005 3:35 PM on j-body.org
Toying with them is one thing, but it gets tired as every person on here spews this liberal this and conservative that and all that other horse-@!#$...like we're "supposed" to be on one side or the other...

It makes me retch knowing that people are actually dumb enough to believe that either of the opposite ends of the political spectrum are the hope and salvation for everyone. I swear, if my ethical compass wasn't so finely-tuned, i would be trying to sell these yaboloos some dehydrated water.

And these are the ones that say WE are brainwashed for actually (gasp) thinking for ourselves!

"Ahh, don't worry about GAM, Event, or KOTL...this free-thought craze will blow over and soon they will be the obediant sheep everyone else is..."

Yeah, and maybe i'm a chinese jet pilot.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:29 PM on j-body.org
ive been tired of it for awhile...isnt it awesome how politics can take words and totally change the accepted meaning of them into something completely different from what there literal meanings were intended to be.

Supercharged 95 BMW 540i M-Sport
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 4:29 PM on j-body.org
no fair giving up. your guys replies are the ones i generally like reading most.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:15 PM on j-body.org
OK, I've had one question and have been meaning to ask it for a while now. All this talk about liberal, conservative, ect. According to what??? What are these people being so liberal or conservative about??? So many people try to see only 2 sides to an arguement, but in actuality it's a lot harder to criticize any particular point. Most of the time, the 2-sided arguement ends up being a case of "Want in one hand and $#!T in the other, and see what you get first.)

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:55 PM on j-body.org
I believe the conservatives have become more conservative because they are tired of the change coming from the left becoming more liberal. I know I am.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:52 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I believe the conservatives have become more conservative because they are tired of the change coming from the left becoming more liberal. I know I am.
You do realize that just as many liberals go more left for the same reason, don't you? And both sides are always so damm self assured that what they think is right. Honestly, what makes you so sure that you are absolutely correct and the opposite side is wrong?(and you could also ask the exact same question to a die-hard liberal) I can answer that one for you. - arrogance.

Conservative vs Liberal - Us vs Them - shirts vs skins - sheep vs sheep - Massive political pissing contest. People on both sides are just so damm sure they are right, and people can get more than just a little irate when you don't see eye to eye on every issue. Yet it not just about the issues here, its mostly about being right, always unconditionally right at all times. If you want to know the absolutely fastest way to piss off almost ANYONE(note that this isn't too effective on people who are truly secure in what they believe - and usually these same people are neither straight Democrat or Republican), tell them they are WRONG. Go ahead and try it. It almost never fails to get under someone's skin. Just how many of you have gotten mad HERE, now and then, over a post someone made - which contradicts your own point of view. I have no doubt I've personally pissed people off here. I've pissed of people in some of this site's other forums for simply disagreeing on just how much better certain engine are than other engines. Now why would anyone get irate - if I feel my 2.2 is more capable than they think it is? Honestly why would that matter to them? Because I think they are WRONG, thats why they get angry. And the more I may feel positive about what my engine can do, the more these people get behind their engines(which is a obvious defensive response). And then what do you have? Even more us vs them , only about engines.

And people will do this for ANYTHING. Boys are (better/worse) than girls.
This school/sports team/fund raising team/WHATEVER vs the other guys.
Catholic vs Protestant. East coast vs West coast.
Favorite race car driver/wrestler vs whoever.
Our country vs your country.(yes it is a fact that the US is quite powerful - but our arrogance could easily be our downfall - no world power last forever - and even if we weren't that powerful, even if we had no freedoms or advantages over anyone, we would still think we are the best anyways, despite the facts)
Etc vs Etc.

Hell, how many people here are constantly comparing their car to imports, saying how much better they are than imports. At the same time, many in the Import crowd do the same to us, saying how crappy our cars are. There are advantages to both, and neither side is completely right.

Conservatives think Liberals are all radical Anti-American idiots who are hell-bent on ruining everything the can touch. Liberals feel that Conservatives are all selfish inbred redneck idiots with their heads so stuck in the past they can't anything of the hear-and-now clearly, and are hell bent on stopping this country from becoming a better place for all.

Now I think that Conservatives are right some of the time, Liberals are right at other times, and sometimes neither one has any FUC#ING clue. <---And most of all I think BOTH groups are FUC#ING Idiots for not realizing this.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:29 AM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:I believe the conservatives have become more conservative because they are tired of the change coming from the left becoming more liberal. I know I am.

that right there is why less and less is getting done, people are becoming more "my way or no way" instead of compromising, u want 100% your way, they want 100% their way, if you compromised youd both get 50% of what u wanted, but instead you fight and get nothing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 24, 2005 4:36 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

if you compromised youd both get 50% of what u wanted, but instead you fight and get nothing.

but most of the time if you go 50% both ways nothing gets changed.

Supercharged 95 BMW 540i M-Sport

Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:56 PM on j-body.org
I like how people blame everything that is wrong with society today on "the other party" no matter who is in power. As of 2003 in Ontario the liberals have been in power and thats why according to most of my co workers everything is screwed up, yet for the 8 years before that the conservatives had power. If your party is in power than it's the other guys that screwed up last time they were in power if the other guys are in power then they are screwing up everything the good guys did.Thats why I like the idea of the independent candidates, they can have their own ideas with no party to tell them how to think/vote, the problem is they will never win.

AmazingJay
Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:10 PM on j-body.org
cmon keeper you sound like barry bonds...

Friday, March 25, 2005 4:34 AM on j-body.org
CrSublimeJLC wrote:
Quote:

if you compromised youd both get 50% of what u wanted, but instead you fight and get nothing.

but most of the time if you go 50% both ways nothing gets changed.

things change but people arnt satisfied because they want it all.

im pro life, would i be happy if 50% of abortions didnt happen? yeah
im for reducing the debt, would i like 50% of the debt wiped out. sure

50% is way better then nothing. people are just to greedy to live with that.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:55 AM on j-body.org
bring back the whig party

Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:30 PM on j-body.org
It's why you WALK AWAY from it. It's like restoring a car, you do so much then get burnt out and you walk away from it. So that is what I do.

Dealing with you left wing canadians gets very old very quickly. :p
Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:40 AM on j-body.org
And Dealing with know-nothing americans is just OH-SO-Enjoyable too.

BTW, did ya notice most of the people that disagee with you are American?

Just thought I'd ask.

Monday, March 28, 2005 7:20 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

It's why you WALK AWAY from it. It's like restoring a car, you do so much then get burnt out and you walk away from it. So that is what I do.

Actually if you were a true enthusiast you'd take a break from it and work on another project and then get back to work on your pride and joy.
The thing I'm really sick of on this site is the flaming. I'm even starting to get email flames now from stupid pissants on this site or at least they say their a member but they didn't reveal their Jbody nick.

Monday, March 28, 2005 9:56 AM on j-body.org
^^^that's what i mean...

If you take a "conservative" or a "liberal" stance on something, that's your choise, but when you use the opposite of your stance as a point of insult for someone that doesn't share your beliefs, that just shows narrow-mindedness on your part.

Remember, it's bi-partisanism and the us vs. them attitude that caused all the problems in the firstplace.

Anyhow, i'm sick of that flaming--liberal this and conservative that.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, March 28, 2005 1:36 PM on j-body.org
Maybe its just easier to flame than to think or become educated on things that matter.

I'll give an example, 2 threads, same topic, very different outcomes:
Nathaniel and I had a decent thread about veganism versus USDA diet, and their merits... It didn't get hostile, or really even very heated. it was a DISCUSSION. At the end, I'm still pretty sure of where I stand, but I have more info from where Nate was coming from. I think the Genesis was our of Fur is bad... anyhow... The thread was in AG.

The Same kind of topic in OT, and there was flame after flame regarding the vegan ideals, frankly, Nate was saying the exact same things, but, in the absence of useful conversation and the like, it degenerated really really fast into a flame thread.

Like I said, 2 threads, same topic (roughly) and much different outcomes.

I think that in this case, Nate and I were willing to TALK about the topic (I've had the same kinds of go-arounds with Jive, and a few others like Event (when he was around...)) in a civil manner, both of us thought our way was better, and at the end, we still thought the same way, but after listening (or in this case, reading) and thinking very critically, and even running down information, we cut through the junk and BS and got to the meat of the matter (no pun intended, but its funny ).

The Audience in OT was not receptive to ideas, or reading information provided, so they got snippy, and terse and then just broke into flames (I stopped following when I started seeing the junk fly... didn't want to start throwing gas on the fire... Sorry Nate).

I guess that there's a forum for exchanging ideas, and the audience will probably be pretty unreceptive to new ideas. I think that exchanging ideas and cutting through rhetoric is a better goal than proveing someone abso-f**king-lutely wrong and rubbing their face in it. Not that I'm immune, but I'd rather someone tell me the facts and back them up, then let me decide what's what.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search