what do you do..... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do you do.....
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:29 PM on j-body.org
when you feel like all of your "friends" have abandoned you? I'll admit I changed a LOT over the summer, but I'm really not a bad person.... I'm not throwing a 'pity me' post, but I feel like I have very few friends left.... And the worst part is... I let that get to me. I know I shouldn't, because if they want to be dicks, then they can. I don't see why they no longer associate with me because I look different. These are friends I've had since 4th or 5th grade! Sorry for all this @!#$, I'm just feeling quite somber at the moment, and need to let some of my gloom out. I don't really expect any replies, because, honestly, what can you say to a post like this? I think I should be done by now... so I think I'll click the post button and go mull over some thoughts......

-Jason

"Love life for what you get out of it, not what it gives you"
"What happened has happened, and there's nothing we can do about it"

Re: what do you do.....
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:48 PM on j-body.org
I'll sum it up like this:

Everyone comes into your life for a reason. When there is no more reasons, they may not need to be in your life prominently anymore.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:06 AM on j-body.org
Try being a military child... Then we'll see how somber you are. The oldest friend I frequently associate with I've only known for maybe a year.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:18 AM on j-body.org
Why don't you just talk to them?

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:23 AM on j-body.org
agreed...if you feel your friends drifting away, ask them why they're distancing themselves from you.

maybe your interests differ from theirs?

grammar tip of the day: don't use "at" at the end of a sentence.
it makes you sound like an idiot. example: "where are those at?"
the "at" is unnecessary. thank you all for reading this, and have a nice day.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:47 AM on j-body.org
Just be happy you weren't the butt of jokes by your so called best friends because a ho you've been dating for awhile cheated on you with 3 other guys. I found out who my true friends were that day. Alot of friends come and go, thats life. Go out and meet some new ones.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:09 AM on j-body.org
1988, that makes you what, 16? 17? People your age are just starting to develope indivdule personalities. People tend to pick a direction and go with it. I know i used to have have good friends for mulitiple years, just to turn around and never speak to them. (sometimes by there choice, sometimes by mine) Just a part of growing up. In a year or two, you'll head off to college and leave 75% of your friends behind, of the friends you still talk with, give it another two years and you won't talk to half of them...

Growing up sucks

As for what to do, i suggest making a bigger effort with people you are just aquantency with now. If there is a friend of a friend that you kinda know, call him up to play some basketball or something like that. You will will aquire a whole new network of friends.

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:12 AM on j-body.org
Youll find as life goes on that friends are overrated. Most of the people you thought were your best friends in high school youll never talk to again the minute you flip your tassle over. Its easy to make new friends

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:17 AM on j-body.org
That's all well and good, but it does feel like @!#$. I'm not even sure yet why I really care.... I suppose it's just my human mind rejecting changes. Anyways, thanks guys for all your comments. And yes, I'm 16, and I'm sure that's got at least something to do with it, but I do need to find some new friends. I suppose it's just part of life, you know? Times change, people change? I'm the one changing, and they change in the opposite way. I've always considered myself at least more mature than most in my class, but I've become such a freak, and no one even recognises my accomplishments because of this. I love it. I've learned a lot this past year about human nature, and it scares me to think I'm blind to the probability that I act the same.... I should be done with my ranting by now... later

-Jason

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:35 AM on j-body.org
It does suck. My best friend through 4 years of high school just stopped returning calls & got weird the one time i stopped by her place to talk after she didn't return calls. Sad thing is that it was around Christmas time that i stopped by to see her & i had made her a present - a collage of pictures of us together in a frame. To this day 6 years later i'm still hurt and wonder what went wrong. I've found a phone number for her, but am too afraid to call.

Who knows why people do those things, but it does happen a lot until you're out of school. I've been at my job for 5 years & i'm not sure that i'd really keep in contact with anyone if i left even though i spend so many hours with them talking about everything and anything. It seems, at least in my case, that friends gather around where i'm at in life, be it a job or school. That's why activities are a good way to meet new folks with similar interests.

My guess is that many people are hurt by others & become more protective of their feelings & sometimes selfish to use others for what they want. It's harder to be open when you're older - remember as a kid making friends at playgrounds? I sure do, but if anyone was to just come up to me and start talking now i'd wonder what was wrong & why they're so friendly.

It's also hard to find time when you get older, there are so many things to do that it's easy to not have time for someone you should. In my case, the longer i go since i called someone, the more guilty i feel about calling & i'm less and less likely to call.

On a bright note, i do still have 2 friends from over the years that i still talk to on at least a semi-regular basis. I've had one friend for 19 years and another for 11, which seems like forever to me! ...i'm 25.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:00 PM on j-body.org
don't worry aboot the ones that fade away, enjoy the time with the ones that are hangin around. that's life, grab it by the horns.

BTW Glace (GP)= killer SIG

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:19 PM on j-body.org
Dont worry about it man... by the time you go to college you will meet so many new people that you probly won't keep in touch with 90% of your current friends. It's not you, it's just everyone will go in their own direction and many times friendships just fade away with time. If it is something you are doing or if you have changed in some way maybe they might not want to chill anymore but you cant find out unless you confront them...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search