Question for the Canadians - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Question for the Canadians
Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:37 PM on j-body.org
yeah but I like it more in the taxes then seeing a bill of a few grand when I get out of the hospital.

It's less paper work.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:38 PM on j-body.org
Keeper talk english please. you talkith like a gothith. your not cool being "Different " , your not scarey, and your vocabulary you use(which half of it is made up, your own lang) is not cool either. are people supposed to be scared of you? what is the point in dressing so goofy? do you wear that to a wedding, a church(oh i forgot you dont goto church, you have your own cult), out to a fancy dinner? people make fun of you in real life i am sure, but you are so spaced out in being different that you dont see it.

GAM, i dont even know what to tell your frenchy @ss, but i do say this, I love US, hate canada and most of its people, and i love bush. hows that GTO treating you? oh yeah, the french arent allowed to have it there!
ps:
hey kepper---bush rocks
Sunday, April 03, 2005 10:24 PM on j-body.org
Unfortunatly for Brett this thread is toast. Too bad cause some of us had a lot of good information but what is the point in posting it if some jackass who's been here for a week is going to make fun of it.

When you are ready to come up to Canada for a visit post again and we will be glad to help you out and hopefully some of the org's more ignorant members will have moved on.

Man I hope my spelling is ok so I don't get made fun of too.
Monday, April 04, 2005 5:05 AM on j-body.org
Don't sweat it. I saw one type-o in Keeper's post, and a couple big words. That made Hairy there think he makes up words.. Ha ha ha.. Nope, everything in that post was English.. Too bad he doesn't understand. Perhaps a dictionary is in order?

PAX
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:49 AM on j-body.org
wannabe americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:00 AM on j-body.org
What gives you that idea? We have everything you guys have except the pollution, greed and violence. If I was forced out of Canada and had to live in another country, the US is about 5th on the list. I am certainly no "wannabe" American. I am a North American, and that's as close as I will ever get to being a US citizen. I have family in the US that could help, but no.. I'd choose somewhere else.

PAX
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:31 AM on j-body.org
You missed the <j/k> on Destiny's post, hahaha...

Actually, if i was going to call it, I would say Alaska and Washington would be the first two states to defect to canada.

At least the puget sound area, and thanks to GAM, I think i have a job reserved as part of the RCKY

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:53 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

You missed the <j/k> on Destiny's post, hahaha...

Thanks Keeper of the light!!
Monday, April 04, 2005 10:35 AM on j-body.org
When ever there is a lock on the door, 99% of the time I lock myself in. But I know a couple of people that do not lock there house not even there car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Monday, April 04, 2005 1:26 PM on j-body.org
Brett, its too bad this thread turned into this but you can't really avoid it with some of the people around here and their level of intellect.

Hairy, I don't even need to make a comment about how closed minded and uneducated you really are. You think that all Canadians are Canadiens ?!? Ha... You must even think that western and eastern Canada are very much the same as well. We don't all speak french, Canada is known as the "melting pot" of nationalities throughout the world. Why don't you just say that you hate all Canadians just because we have citizens who have Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, European etc... decent?

You seem to only be here to start $hit with our members. Why? do you get off on acting like some bada$$ e-thug on the internet? We have seen many like you come and go, don't think that you are accomplishing anything. You're just another pain in the a$$ who will, once again soon be forgotten.

This site is about a common interest that many of us have, our vehicles... Most of us are here and frequent this site because we learn alot about common interests of ours, we like to keep in touch with members that we have grown friendships with and we share what we have learned for the good of all our members.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Monday, April 04, 2005 2:40 PM on j-body.org
the more you guys respond to people like that, the less productive the site gets. just ignore them.

allot can be said about things like moores documentary. its all in how you set it up. i live in the suburbs of indiana, and ive gone out for the day and left the garage door open before and decided not to even bother coming back till i was thru running around, the door is locked at night but if i forget its not a big deal. same with some other people i know, im sure you can find just as many safe little neighborhoods in the us as u can in canada. and i'm sure just as many people lock their doors there as here. the healthcare is somewhat free, but free doesnt allways nessicarily mean the best. nor does it nessicarily mean free.

people who say they hate canada are just as ignorant as people who say they hate the us or iraq or any other country for that matter, i know if i went to any of these countries i can meet good down to earth people who i could become good friends with. but it seems that people can find one guy they disagree with so they decide to hate everyone like them versus just hating that specific person.

gam i feel ya on the locked cars thing, there was a spree this winter of car thefts where people would go turn their cars on and go back inside and let them warmup. and seems allot of high shcool kids were snagging them to go joyriding them, so the polic wanted to start a law ticketing you if you left your car running. another sign of idiots in power, they want to punish the law abiding citizins instead of punishing the criminals.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Monday, April 04, 2005 3:07 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Graden wrote:Canada is known as the "melting pot" of nationalities throughout the world.

The Melting pot is the US, Canada is considered multicultural. I know it seems like the same thing but look at it this way put a buch of different types of cheese on a platter thats canada take said cheese and put it in a pot to melt it thats the US. While you are allowed to practice your own culture and religion in both countries it seems that the US rather that everyone be "American"

AmazingJay
Monday, April 04, 2005 3:37 PM on j-body.org
Graden: just Squelch HairyBlackDude. He's not saying anything worth reading.

KOTL: Only if you can deal with wearing a kilt all the time do you have a shot at being RCKY.

Amazing Jay:
We're not a melting pot per se, but the multi-cultural tapestry is a good analogy. I like the cheese-plate vs. Fondue analogy though

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, April 04, 2005 3:39 PM on j-body.org
Jay, point taken. That was a great analogy you used. My comment on Canada being a melting pot of many different cultures was not intended to sound like we were the ONLY melting pot.

It is quite interesting that you mentioned how in the US, assimilation of each ethnic group is much more common. I totally agree with you that Canada definitely has many more ethnic groups who tend to keep more to themselves. Especially around the big cities it is common to have whole areas where certain cultures live and more or less "stick to their own".

Canada definitely still has many more of these divisions between its cultures. Mainly because of the openness of our borders to welcoming immigrants into our country and the fact that once they are here they are allowed to keep as much of their culture as they want. In many ways it is even encouraged.

I just find it so interesting how different things are on this subject when it comes to the differences between our two countries.

I am Canadian and I am very proud of that but I am also very proud of my family's rich German and Swedish heritage. My question is... in the United States is that something that you feel really tied to as well or is it more about being an American?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Monday, April 04, 2005 4:42 PM on j-body.org
GAM, i'm a regular at ren faires...of course i coukld wear a kilt...

granted, i need to bulk up a bit before I try the Caber toss.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, April 04, 2005 5:19 PM on j-body.org
I'll bet

I do the Caber once in a while... apparently I'm betraying Irish Roots... Which is funny, I've never died my hair.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:27 PM on j-body.org
back to the topic at hand, i am an american and i think quite highly of canadia, have since the first time i visited there.

1. general public is much more outgoing and considerate
2. GP is much more understanding and accepting of other views/lifestyles
3. don't remember if the air was that much better since i haven't been there in a while but if you drive out to the countryside here the air is so much better, gotta have the forests though.
4. and michigan would be a part of canadia if ohio didn't suck so much.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 7:24 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Ohio doesn't suck that much. Just because we have a stupid head in his asss governor and a few other idiots in office doesn't mean Ohio doesn't have anything to offer. We've got beautiful farmland and a few forests here and there and some great foot and bike trails. Of course one of the bad things about this state is it seems money talks, A well to do developer can usually get the local zoning boards approval to build whatever wherever even if 90%+ people in the neighborhoods sign a petition against whatever being built 9 times out of 10 it will get approval to be built.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:13 PM on j-body.org
hey here we go, ask someone who has lived in both countries MEEEEEEEEEE
Ive lived in Texas and North Carolina.... I now reside IN Hamilton Ontario Canada, which is about 45 minutes south of toronto and about 40 minutes north of niagara falls, sooo, in between... I must admit that the crime in canada is way more controlled, and everyone is cool within eachother..... If you go downtown hamilton you'll see some crazy crack heads, but im sure with good comes bad........ I liked the states, my parents did too, but they said it doesnt compare to the lifestyle of a canadian, they love it here, as do I......... and adding on to the other guy, I wouldnt move back there, unless it were cali or florida.... and even still thats only good for a month or so..... ONtario and Quebec are beautiful....... next on the list would be AUstralia...... I couldnt live in the states again....nopeeeeeee
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:18 PM on j-body.org
oh ya and my proof would be my friends, 3 guys came up here from NC in the summer and are coming back to my cottage in muskoka this summer..... they want to live here aswelll.... If canada was garbage, how come all the huge actors and celebs fromt he states have property in northern ontario.... on the huge lakes??? hmmmm .... and also i was at muchmusic the othernight and 50 cent is in Toronto filming a documentary on his life, he said the atmosphere here is something he could get used to.....
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:56 PM on j-body.org
Well, like I said, in winter in Canada, black, white, red, yellow or brown, everyone's ass is uniformly blue in January.

Also, like I said, politeness is something that Masks some of the racism, but it's not as prevalent as it is in Missiisippi..

Also, the Muskoka's are VERY nice in summer, but I'll take the Gatineau's thanks

Monday, April 18, 2005 8:41 AM on j-body.org
wow.. some ppl have alot of time on their hands to write so much... wish i had that luxury So yeah... I lock my door when I leave the house, I'm not afraid or anything just don't want some punk kids comming in and stealing my sh*t! As for being laid back, well yeah most of us are, but like enywhere, there are those that are always uptight... I live in a small town.. ppl are nice I love it.. Went to the states twice, I did find alot of rude steryotypical ppl, but there where some very nice ones too.. anyway, i will say no more

*Excuse me?? It's not "just" a Sunfire!!!*
Monday, April 18, 2005 10:00 AM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn EsQuIrE wrote:back to the topic at hand, i am an american and i think quite highly of canadia, have since the first time i visited there.

1. general public is much more outgoing and considerate
2. GP is much more understanding and accepting of other views/lifestyles
3. don't remember if the air was that much better since i haven't been there in a while but if you drive out to the countryside here the air is so much better, gotta have the forests though.

Stop saying Canadia!

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Monday, April 18, 2005 5:07 PM on j-body.org
He's doing it to be a jerk.

as long as he isn't saying Canuckistan with the imbecile fervor of Pat "close the borders and kick out all the immigrants" Buchanan, it's fine.

Monday, April 18, 2005 5:13 PM on j-body.org
If Canada is Canuckistan, whan what's the U.S? Assholistan?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search