What do you love about Canada or America? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What do you love about Canada or America?
Monday, April 04, 2005 5:20 PM on j-body.org
Lacrosse... I know

Actually, I'm looking to find a decent Microbrew.. there aren't that many around here....

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, April 04, 2005 5:43 PM on j-body.org
I had a Labat shop at 15min from my house. They closed it and they do nails now. Harder to digest

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:33 PM on j-body.org
What I like about Canada:

-Curling (I've never played it before, but man, do I love watching it on CBC.)
-For the most part, very down-to-Earth, open people.
-Beer (Duh!!!)
-Hockey!!
-Beautiful landscape
-Being able to put up with (well, somewhat...) the U.S.
-CN Tower (walking on the glass floor was quite the experience, although I couldn't manage to produce the testosterone to push myself to jump on it like some kids were!!!
)
Monday, April 04, 2005 8:55 PM on j-body.org
Bob: Curling is great.. but you GOTTA STRETCH BEFORE HAND!!!! I went curling for the first time this year on Friday... My Right leg and lower back are hating me right now Also, wear black pants... just trust me on that one.

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:29 PM on j-body.org
GAM: I bet!!! When I watch them take off, it looks like they are quite limber and stretched out. So, I believe your pain. And, I'll take your word on the pants. Haha. BTW- how hard is it? And, did you use "scrubbers" (proper terminology?)?

I would definately love to give it a shot in the future. So, I guess I would have to make the drive (eh, an hour) to the boarder and find a place to play. Is it hard to find places to play? Sorry, but what I see on CBC is essentially all I know about curling. Sad... yes, indeed.

Man, it's been a long time since I've been in Canada. Work = the ownage of me

I am surprised there hasn't been talk about a JBO curling team. Hahaha. Talk to you later.
Monday, April 04, 2005 10:30 PM on j-body.org
gotta give americans credit for New York City and Las Vegas.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:14 AM on j-body.org
as long as I could use an industrial floor polisher rather than a pushbroom, i'd try curling...although i don't understand it at all...

And GAM, i was talking about Hockey, even though lacrosse is cool...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:22 AM on j-body.org
^^^ And El-Lay, Miami and Houston.. t3h b3wbag3!

Bob: They're just called brooms... at least now they're not the cornhusk brooms we had in Highschool. although, they made a great sound... Watch Men With Brooms if you want to see what I'm talking aboot.

Black pants because the knee you steady yourself on usually gets wet. Jeans aren't all that great for playing even though they're comfy. Also, you want stretchy material because you're basically trying to launch 44 pound hunks of granite... joy

If you're looking for a sheet, you can go to <a href="Http://www.curling.ca">Curling.ca</a> or go to <a Href="http://www.canada411.com">Canada 411</a> and look up curling clubs, but most rec associations have them... I know there's a few in Michigan, Team USA is from there

If you go to curling, you'll get the rules of the game, but like most sports, there's a big difference between the places of play. Just Ice tending and all that jazz.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:33 PM on j-body.org
see here

plus the hockey thing, i want to boycott next year out of principle though

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search