God is Good - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: God is Good
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 4:34 PM on j-body.org
But then you get into the whole business of not NEEDING assurance. What will be will be.

However, he's an intresting question for the Christians en masse to ask themselves:

If Christ, or God, was to come back to earth, guring halftime of the super bowl, on camera, and then and there give a further Testament...
How many would believe? Would you?

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:28 PM on j-body.org
keeper you are one confused human-being.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:39 PM on j-body.org
Rollinredcavi wrote:But if heaven and hell are actually the way that the christian churches say it is, Even people like KOTL will hate themselves for thier choices. As said by the christian churches, hell isnt a place of physical suffering. It is a suffering where one realizes how mindless they were. These people in hell are able to see heaven, and it will be the greatest thing they have ever seen. This causes a mental distress and suffering greater than any suffering any single person has ever indured.

I am not saying this is how heaven and hell are. There might be no heaven and hell. Humans may just die and rot, and thats life. But if the christian churches are right, those who wish for hell, even if they think they would never want heaven and they do want hell, would have a change of mind imediatly upon death. Again this isnt necessarly my view, just a thought for everyone.

Exactly what I would say. The actual worst part of hell is not the constant torture, not the constant emotional distress, it's the separation from God himself that is the worst torture to me. I just don't see why anybody would want to go to Hell. The answers and truth are right there for everyone to see and believe, but however, your "logic only" thinking may get you in trouble. However, I do not KNOW that there is a heaven and a hell, however, I have a very very very strong belief that there is.

I don't want to offend anyone at all, I just don't understand why some people are so stuck on not-believing. I can understand why you wouldn't believe in God, humans are very skeptical creatures, but atleast see it from my point of view, just for a fraction of a second. See a believer's point of view.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:40 PM on j-body.org
Just my opinion on the topic "God is Good"... Yes, the idea of God is good. Unfortunately, religion destroys that idea.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:58 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

I don't want to offend anyone at all, I just don't understand why some people are so stuck on not-believing. I can understand why you wouldn't believe in God, humans are very skeptical creatures, but atleast see it from my point of view, just for a fraction of a second. See a believer's point of view.

That knife cuts both ways, and is not a simple black/white issue. It's not simply "belief in god/nonbelief in god, since there are many other dieties out there that people believe in--not YHVH/God/Allah. I think it has less to do with "stuck on nonbelieving" and more to do with, "can't see the point to believe in emptyness/nothing." How can I say that without batting an eyelash? Simple--the "religious experience that you/most other christians experience when "in God's presence" (for lack of a better term) doesn't happen to me...so why believe in it?

I think I can say that most "non-believers" have sincerely tried, but came up empty. And I can say that I personally don't care if peope do or don't believe in whatever--it's their life--their choice. But as Believe is not an attack on non-belive in it's intrinsic state, non-belive is nt an attack on believing in it's intrinsic state.

Hairy: Are you sure that it's me that's confused, and not everyone else?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 12:06 PM on j-body.org
bliZsham wrote:Just my opinion on the topic "God is Good"... Yes, the idea of God is good. Unfortunately, religion destroys that idea

good call. i'm not even going to get in to this conversation, but i just wanted to quote that. ^^^

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:01 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]Emor8t: Thank you.

Your.... uh Welcome?

I fail to seem your "backwards" logic in a lot of these threads .... therefore I do not understand you..... and to debate with some logic I do not not understand is a lesson in ignorance.....

So I just quit haha.

BTW: backwards is relative to my logic not yours. haha.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:08 PM on j-body.org
No worries, it just takes different strokes. See, everybody's got a special kind of story; everybody finds a way to shine. So it don't matter what you got--not a lot? (So what?) So they'll get their's, you'll get your your's and I'll get mine, and together woull be fine.

Besdies, you like pontiacs, how bad could you be?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:52 PM on j-body.org
A guy that digs Ponchos is ok in my books..

Even got the Indian Head too.. nice touch.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:57 PM on j-body.org
Thanks......

And GAM. the GTO wil be MINE! haha.

Ill race your Skyline mwhahaha.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:26 PM on j-body.org
Damn you... damn you...Damn you...

Ahh... anyhow, I'll own one... I may even be able to afford a tank Gas if I take out a second mortgage.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:03 PM on j-body.org
Gas prices are going down .... well right now they are but dont blink.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:26 PM on j-body.org
Who told you that??? GAS GOING DOWN!!! SAINTS DELIVER US!!!

Yeah.. but I sitll remember refusing to pay 50 cents a litre because that was too high.

Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:48 AM on j-body.org
Man, you all mised that reference...i was hoping for at least a "whatchu' Talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:46 AM on j-body.org
lol...

Monday, April 18, 2005 11:36 AM on j-body.org
Glace (GP) wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?

I like the "Oh, God, Book II" answer.

You can't have an up without a down. You can't have an in without an out. You can't have a good without a bad. So if good things happen to bad people, then bad things happen to good people.
Monday, April 18, 2005 7:44 PM on j-body.org
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOD!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE

*Jammit has been here since 1998 everybody!!!!!!!Should you care? YES!*
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:06 AM on j-body.org
Care to prove that to a believer, or would you rather waste everyone's time and bandwidth?

Arguing about the existence of God is <a href="http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=Arguing%20About%20God">futile</a>.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:37 AM on j-body.org
keeper and gam are awesome...

My Cavillac

Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:52 AM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:God is good. He is such a force in the lives of those who seek Him. I''m so excited to be going on a mission trip this next upcoming weekend, there's nothing like a humble appreciation after coming back from a third world country to know that God blesses those who bless Him. I know I can't give a good heart felt testimony or I'll get banned again, but God is love, and His Word is His promise to the things that happen today and are to happen in the future. Belief isn't a weakness, but the flesh can be played with as Satan's tool in sin and idol chatter. What can be weaker? Having a relationship with God is spiritually empowering with an eternal hope. The Son God sent is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, Jesus Christ! Peace to all and God BLess!

ps your local bible thumper.

so how did it go? I don't think I saw what had happened over the weekend..?
Saturday, April 30, 2005 4:43 PM on j-body.org
It went really good. I didn't get to see much of the kids because I was busy digging aup weeds which needed to be removed before summer as a fire hazard to the orphanage. The drive down was scenic along the coast of the pacific. Last time I was here there was a road racing event taking place on the road to the orphanage which had to be shut down. It was fun watching that though, there was an orange second generation cav that was sweet that was also racing in the class along with vw jetta's. corvettes. camaros. imports, Im hopin to go down to a place called los alamos about 9 hours south of tucson, Arizona into Mexico on the mainland side where from what my dad tells me, is a really beautiful spanish style city. There is an orphanage there sponsored by Calvary Chapel. We'll see.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com

Sunday, May 01, 2005 1:55 PM on j-body.org
I'm glad you had fun, JB4JC.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, May 02, 2005 5:13 AM on j-body.org
Those who profess their love for God basing their belief off of the substance of everything we are which is Faith. What if there really is a heaven? What if there really is a hell?
To me, hell is finding out the truth too late...

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Monday, May 02, 2005 5:15 AM on j-body.org
Damn we need an edit button!
Those who profess their love for God base their beliefs off of the substance of everything we are which is faith.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Monday, May 02, 2005 8:39 AM on j-body.org
Thanks Keeper. Shamillionare, what are you talking about. You've always promoted the utmost confusion about preaching. God doesn't want people that will run from Him, He wants people who run for HIm. Your first sentence is the answer to your second sentence. You must not have that much faith. Having faith is knowing Heaven and Hell exists. Questioning if Heaven and Hell exist shows lack of faith on your part. God BLess, we don't need what if's, we need the answer, Jesus. Peace and God bless!

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search