God is Good - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: God is Good
Monday, May 02, 2005 8:55 AM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:Thanks Keeper. Shamillionare, what are you talking about. You've always promoted the utmost confusion about preaching. God doesn't want people that will run from Him, He wants people who run for HIm. Your first sentence is the answer to your second sentence. You must not have that much faith. Having faith is knowing Heaven and Hell exists. Questioning if Heaven and Hell exist shows lack of faith on your part. God BLess, we don't need what if's, we need the answer, Jesus. Peace and God bless!
No actually you have al;ways been the one to cause confusion...I'm surprised you're still around.

Faith is the substance, for without faith we could believe in nothing. Hebrews tells me that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report."
Having faith is FIRST believing in God, and once you do that, the rest will follow.
Apparently you have a comprehension problem because you fail to read the first post I made....I said what if there is a heaven, and what if there is a hell.
Hell to me would be finding out the truth too late. Now a person with common sense would be able to tell that I am a Christian and a firm believer in God, so they would be able to see that I'm saying to those that choose not to believe that it would be hell finding out that there really is a heaven, and there really is a hell.

Now since the bible says that faith is the substance...so without faith you cannot have beliefs.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:54 AM on j-body.org
You either brought up faith due to the fact that I went on a mission trip to do work. I truely understand that faith comes first in my relationship with God. I read the first and second question and wonder why would you ask that? Faith according to my NIV bible here is a belief and trust in God; knowing that God is real, even though one can't see Him. So if God says there is a heaven and a hell, which He does, would you know it by faith, or would you question it ? You questioned it, unless you were just throwing those two questions out there to see what others believe.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 12:22 PM on j-body.org
Heres a question: How the hell can you believe in something that you cant SEE, TOUCH, or HEAR???? You don't know "GOD" , you've never seen him or talked to him, hell "god" could even be a woman!!
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 3:51 PM on j-body.org
Do you believe in love? Sadness, anger, happiness? You cannot see, touch or hear them, and yet they are real. God is without gender, there can be only one, and that one has no needs, including procreation therefore God is niether male nor female but encompasses both. The creative side being somewhat feminine (mother Earth, and bringing forth life), and the ruling side (God's laws, judgment and punishmient) being a more masculine aspect. God could present as a woman, but so far has not (in Western culture, for the most part), or at least it hasn't been acknowledged by the universal church.

Brother wolf and sister moon if you like... Different fingers of the same hand.

PAX
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:47 PM on j-body.org
God is masculine in nature, Jesus is his Son, The virgin mary is Jesus' mother.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:05 AM on j-body.org
God is all things and cannot be limited to a masculine nature. Jesus is God, presented as a persona who was male, but whos actions demonstrated the merciful, forgiving side of the Godhead. Mary was a vessel, a very special vessel, but just that. Mary is not part of the Godhead, Jesus is, as is God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

PAX
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:10 AM on j-body.org
Even though i don't believe in the christian God--i'm siding with hahaha on this one:

I'm more inclined to go after the "Different fingers on the same hand" ideal than "the only true religion (no matter what it is)" sicne my view is that on nigh-pure relativity. As such, if we take his approach (which makes more ligical sense from where I stand), that would explain a lot of the "Mother Goddesses" in many ancient and modern religions (wicca, being a prime example). As such, If there is a god, it would be THE absolute, which means it is everything--male and female.

Converesly, though, looking at how screwed up the world is today--God would have to be showing his masculine side for at least the past age (since the new age is at max about 15 years old--when they last about 2000)--no female could or would @!#$ things up like this--it would be just as @!#$ up, but @!#$ up in a totally different way.

Still, nothing has been able to convince me that there's an absolute deity in any form--the closest i can see is being that are on such a different plane from us that we percieve them as deities (like an ant would perceive a human), but just as fallible--and being an intangible, how could we prove (other that personal faith), that they are what they claim to be?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:40 PM on j-body.org
Do you actually believe whats written in the "Bible"
Friday, May 06, 2005 5:06 AM on j-body.org
Yuppers.. Especially the parts that are supported by physical evidence and other historical writings. Heck even my Athiest history teacher said it was a good history book.

PAX
Friday, May 06, 2005 10:11 PM on j-body.org
Jesus isnt a religion, Jesus is God in the flesh. If it werent for Jesus, we would all go to hell because hell is made for the fallen angels. He gives us the opportunity to join Him at the right hand with the Father up in Heaven. And Yeah if this sounds preachy, yeah so, yeah, so! Your local bible thumper.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:47 AM on j-body.org
The Bible can be compared to any history book in our written history in the fact that we have to trust the writters who wrote the stories about the events that they were writing about. We weren't there in veitnam, we weren't there in War World two, we have to assume that what is written about those events is what really went down. Of course there are some discrepences from the history books that we read to what really happened, but that's not the point. The point is we believe what's in these history books to be true, trusting the authors, the many times that these stories have been revised, we still trust them. The Bible has gone through the same tests of time, but we have such a big problem with it......

Saturday, May 07, 2005 11:39 AM on j-body.org
Jive: I think most people's problem is that its history is long, convoluted, and bitterly political.

As a tome chronicling history in a larger sense, yes... great book.

But then again... Until lions have their own Librarians, History is written by the victors.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:53 PM on j-body.org
True, humans are at the mercy of our own short comings...what we don't know and don't understand will forever contorl our belief system. Which ever way you swing will define you and all that you do......

Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:46 PM on j-body.org
jbody4jc, I haven't seen a post from you in a couple months, and I see you are just as stupid as ever. Congratulations. No, you're not stupid for "standing up for the truth" or "preaching the lord's name" or whatever the hell it is that you're doing, you're stupid just because I said you are and I'm always right.

Friday, May 13, 2005 6:51 AM on j-body.org
Jbody4JC:

Correction, if It weren't for Jesus, you'd probably be praising a wolven priest or something.

Saturday, May 14, 2005 7:40 PM on j-body.org
Dual, as much as I want to flame on you, I don't want to stoop to your level to spit at you with some idol chatter. God Bless.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 12:26 AM on j-body.org
It's duaLife, not Dual. And it's "idle", not "idol". You can't stoop to my level, but you sure can go around proclaiming everyone else's ideologies and beliefs, which may or may not coincide with yours, are wrong, dumbass. That's even worse than me saying you're stupid. Which you are. Plus you make posts like this that have -no- point. There wasn't even any basis for argument; there was nothing to argue about. You're just using up space to preach, like always.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:01 PM on j-body.org
Hey Dual Death. Like walking out the door to people like you isnt getting it shoved down my neck? If I were really pushing it on you, you must be the hippicrit doing the same thing back. I don't go around procaliming everyone else's ideologies, just mine, Check yourself. Oh and like you have any good post's. Stick to what you do best, ride that bandwagon and keep being the org flamer you are, thats all you do when it comes down to it you have nothing to say, so zip it. You can't silence me, Jesus is Lord, whether you like it or not, shut up, if your willing to get persecuted for what you believe, yeah and what do you believe? what are you going to do when you die and find life still goes on? ha haaaa.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:56 PM on j-body.org
last i checked, people who actually followed the bible, lord, etc were supposed to be humble, respectful of others, and some what mature.

that last post harbored none.

you claim you werent gonna do something, then turned around and did it.

hahaha pretty much hit the nail direct on the non masculine thing, granted i def dont adhere to christianity when theres so much else out there, i see it as vain to think one religion is the only one.

thus far everyone has survived, even those who have never heard of christianity.

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:26 PM on j-body.org
Event: welcome back to the War Forum...

Monday, May 16, 2005 7:48 PM on j-body.org
danke!

Monday, May 16, 2005 9:24 PM on j-body.org
I am not gonna sit here and get run over by some org flamer like dual who never has any constructive criticism. So because Im the Christian, he can flame when he wants, or shouldn't have to hold his tongue, and yet I got to be humble because he can't control himself. I am humble, but I will also stand up for myself. I wish he would do the same, oh wait , he's not christian, he has the right to run rough shot. You guys kill me!!!

Monday, May 16, 2005 9:43 PM on j-body.org
JB4JC:

You think ripping someone else is standing up for yourself?

What would Jesus do?

Event:

Bitte!

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:19 AM on j-body.org
funny post, it's up to you to believe in what is actually the crutch of the weaks, oops sorry I mean humans.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 7:41 AM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:I am not gonna sit here and get run over by some org flamer like dual who never has any constructive criticism. So because Im the Christian, he can flame when he wants, or shouldn't have to hold his tongue, and yet I got to be humble because he can't control himself. I am humble, but I will also stand up for myself. I wish he would do the same, oh wait , he's not christian, he has the right to run rough shot. You guys kill me!!!

so you forget the teachings of "turn the other cheek"?

see thats what i speak of. he says something. these are words on the internet. it doesnt physically hurt you. maybe mentally IF and ONLY IF YOU let it get to you.

sticks and stones may break some bones, but words dont do sh_t ..... unless you let em, but then why is he the bad guy when you reacted to something thats "allegedly" not true.

your sitting here talking about hes an "org flamer". sorry, but many of you are so sensitive, talking about getting "flamed"..... thats a number one key you spend too much time taking online satire and comedy way serious.

Quote:

So because Im the Christian, he can flame when he wants, or shouldn't have to hold his tongue, and yet I got to be humble because he can't control himself.

i'll answer this for you in a biblical sense.

wasnt jesus the man who took everyone crap, abuse, torture, but still was civil.....especially when others verbally and physically assaulted him....

apparently he knew the truth of his beliefs, so he had no need to try and be a wild guy and force proof....

nailed him to a cross, took everyones criticism, etc etc etc. even healed people along the way whether they deserved it or not.

in the end he was crucified....

being you claim to be soooo christian, you sit here and show us all how ruffled your feathers are from duallife, and his last post def had a point.

you claim its your ideologies, but then you got taken out your game like a rookie in the NBA playoffs cause someone challenged your beliefs and motives, yet you are on here challenging others....

so basically you pulled the "its my ball, we play my way or i get tiffed and grab my ball and pout or go home"

not very christian.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search