collapse of China - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
collapse of China
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:56 AM on j-body.org
Do you guys think that communism might collapse in China as it did in the Soviet Union? I was reading some stuff on google and some people are saying its possible.

Re: collapse of China
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:49 AM on j-body.org
Uhhh anything is possible. Collapse of capitalism is possible.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:06 AM on j-body.org
Comnmunism has a lot stronger foot hold in China than it did in Russia... it's corrupt (as is every political system) but it's not AS corrupt as the Soviet variety.

Maoism has a lot more people to defer to, so the portions to the political wings is substantially smaller. Also, Czarist russia was a much nicer place (for most, a lot of peasants in Ural and the Ukraine will probably object, but that was droughts IIRC) than it became under bolshevism. Maoists actually endured real hardships, but they also got a lot more for their suffering.. women in particular.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:16 AM on j-body.org
i honestly think Communism in China will outlast democratic republicism in America.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:23 PM on j-body.org
Hasn't China gradually moved towards a "brand" of capitalism over the last decade... people were wondering how the Hong Kong transfer would go since the city was capitalist-run before the turnover... it turned out pretty well for China... it will not be as dramatic as the Soviet collapse but will happen eventually.
Quote:

i honestly think Communism in China will outlast democratic republicism in America

how do you think we will oust the democratic system? Revolution, invasion, coupe de etat? Despite the corruption of the US system, I don't see the US adopting a different system of government... our Constitution allows for nothing else and I don't think we would throw that out.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 5:51 PM on j-body.org
It's more like internal rot--like rome. I basically seeing the U.S. loosing cohesion after something like ,losing the pertoleum reserves, people distrusting the government, charlatains (like the goverment itself) promising the populace salvation, and internal strife.

Basically, how much of the constitution is *really* followed by the government nowadays? Not much--maily for "morality", "protection", and "our own good" (after all, there's the B.S. going around about "limits of freedom."

And can we really call ourselves "americans" in the extent that the founding fathers and the other eras of americana were? Not really. Although i con't condone a lot of acts done by the forefathering americans, think about it--I seriously DOUBT they would look to the government to protect them from terrorists and the like--and rather trust in their own resources.

Now, as has been said multitudes of times before...we've traded our freedom for the *illusuion* of security. The populace puts too much trust into big brother to protect them that right now, they NEED big brothers protection (en masse--there are those that could do fine without it--but they are few and far between and mosy likely have never watched "American Idol" or "Must See TV").

Where we are in the life and death cycle of empires is indeterminant, but it's somewhere on the downslope.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:18 PM on j-body.org
SPITfire: They've been using the mantra "one country, two systems" for a long, long time (since re-unification in 1997). Basically, China has had to evolve their economical model from one of military-manufacturing based, to one of a larger goods manufacturing economy. They've known for at least 60 years there's been a huge (and largely latent) manufacturing potential, and until recently they've had no economic leverage in the world markets.

That changed, once Hong Kong was re-patriated, many former british businesses that did not pack up gained license to a larger pool of cheap labour. Basically, they were the bridge to the western economies of the USA, Europe and former eastern block countries.

The other big thing is that China hasn't really developed its oil industry yet. The 3rd/4th largest nation by landmass on earth is still getting by on imported oil from Syria, Yemen and Oman, and will soon become the prime buyer or perhaps only buyer of UAE light, sweet crude.

Basically, if the USA is going to keep its hold in the world economy, it's going to have to move from a manufacturing based economy to a technology/services based economy because as it stands now, India is in that postion but is not a big creator of technology, China and Russia as well as India will have the economic thrust to become the major Manufacturing nations of the world. The US is basically heading down the same path that Spain, Britain and France did after WWII... albeit at a greatly accelerated rate. Those that want to be nouveau riche will do well to look to those emerging economies.

If you can, try to find out about an IPO for a cellular provider in China... they're going to make money

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search