Contitutional amendments that should be made - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Contitutional amendments that should be made
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 3:23 PM on j-body.org
when all is said and done will you be canadian?

i selected as such for mostly shipping reasons and some agricultural reasons also. some may not agree but i would think at least tying up all the land around the great lakes and all of washington state would be a good idea.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 5:25 PM on j-body.org
UMM...NO...

Oregon would be more canada than mexico.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 7:06 PM on j-body.org
I, for one, wouldn't mind a bit of California, I need to get a bit more sun

Plus, with that map, My Canada can include Florida (OLD Soverignty Referendum joke)

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 10:50 PM on j-body.org
hmm, does anyone honestly think mexico could claim anything? i would see canada taking everything but california, because honestly its mostly mexico's already, i do agree with kotl on alot of his theory and idea, if you look at history there is a deffinate pattern to it all, america just seems to be making that swing much slower, personally i feel this swing is due to the fact that we change leaders at least every 8 years, revolution takes dedication, by the time a group finally realizes somethings wrong the current power is handing over to the new, bush just seems to be a very greedy little texan, cheney isnt much better, both of them are loaded guns in the hands of children, bulls in china cabnets, land mines in a wheat feild....just ticking away every day. personally i wouldnt mind canadian rule, at least we'd have health care....

J~
Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:23 AM on j-body.org
I don't need more sun---i'll stay in Seattle, thankyouverymuch.

Anyhow, i could see up to N. Cali going to Canada. SoCal, nope.

I also don't see the South going to Canada.

I see Alaska going to either Canada or Russia.

Hawaii would go to Polynesia.

Anyhow, i could see all of Washington and Oregon state going to Canada--hell, the weather there is about the exact same as BC--west mild and rainy, middle is mountainous, the east scabland desert.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:15 PM on j-body.org
J~ wrote:hmm, does anyone honestly think mexico could claim anything? i would see canada taking everything but california, because honestly its mostly mexico's already, i do agree with kotl on alot of his theory and idea, if you look at history there is a deffinate pattern to it all, america just seems to be making that swing much slower, personally i feel this swing is due to the fact that we change leaders at least every 8 years, revolution takes dedication, by the time a group finally realizes somethings wrong the current power is handing over to the new, bush just seems to be a very greedy little texan, cheney isnt much better, both of them are loaded guns in the hands of children, bulls in china cabnets, land mines in a wheat feild....just ticking away every day. personally i wouldnt mind canadian rule, at least we'd have health care....

J~

the south was included just to swallow up the mississippi for import/export reasons, i don't think it would be so much a mexico claimed it as a no one else wants so they just get it if they want type thing. KOTL, okay oregon can go too along with just a lil bit of northern cali. hell let the south "rise again" if it wants too. it would be fun to watch.

Friday, May 27, 2005 7:26 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]This is something I'm thinking about--what are some things you think should be constitutional amendments?

This is one that I've came up with:

The government an only call the draft when the United States is currently engaged in a major war, and then only when the military is understaffed. Further, the draft will apply to both males and females.

This may not apply now, but it sure as hell would have helped during Vietnam.
your thoughts on things that should be amended to the constitution.

If the Bush family keeps getting elected, we'll be at war for years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, May 28, 2005 12:17 PM on j-body.org
After Terry Schiavo, i doubt it.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Sunday, May 29, 2005 5:32 PM on j-body.org
back to the topic of discussion.

i would like to see the ability, although an insane amount of work, of citizens or groups of citizens to audit the governments spending. i know it would never happen but i can't imagine the pita that being audited by the irs can be. my parents fought the irs for aboot 7 years before they finally won, now they get audited aboot every other year.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 5:58 PM on j-body.org
Yeah...

The IRS isn't in the business of auditing the books on Gov't spending. I think it's the General accounting office.

Either way, the current government doesn't give a damn about a balanced budget, paying people a living wage, the health-care system, or anything that will really benefit the people LONG TERM. If it's a TAX CUT, that's short term... the phrase "Read My Lips" comes to mind.

Monday, May 30, 2005 4:39 AM on j-body.org
Just a couple points.. As already mentioned, Bush cannot be re-elected, he's served his terms and he's done. It would take constatutional reform in order to make his re-election legal.

The US is following a historical pattern and its not doing it slowly. It took 500 years to build Rome and 300 to destroy it. The US is a baby when placed in context. The Brittish Empire took about 400 years to build and isn't done falling yet, but is in decline.

PAX

Monday, May 30, 2005 7:38 AM on j-body.org
ummmm.......special third term in time of war, has happened before so there is precedence no matter how unlikely, so the war on terror dies down a while them bam we are right back in it and...........

then you will see........

BUSH for President 2008

then the end will be nigh

Monday, May 30, 2005 10:07 AM on j-body.org
Well, In that case I just hope some crack pot spends his Tax Return on a .50 cal BFG and ammunition.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:00 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Just a couple points.. As already mentioned, Bush cannot be re-elected, he's served his terms and he's done. It would take constatutional reform in order to make his re-election legal.

The US is following a historical pattern and its not doing it slowly. It took 500 years to build Rome and 300 to destroy it. The US is a baby when placed in context. The Brittish Empire took about 400 years to build and isn't done falling yet, but is in decline.

PAX

The difference is that we didn't have that time-consuming thing known as "civilization" to prolong things, hahaha.

I really think America hit it's climax in the 1950's--it's been downhill ever since.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 2:31 PM on j-body.org
America climaxed in the 50's, damn i didn't feel anything.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search