Any Conservatives NOT happy with Bush? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Any Conservatives NOT happy with Bush?
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:09 PM on j-body.org
Zach wrote:[quote=¤§Fallen Angel§¤]People make bad decisions... it's part of being human. What's going to happen if someone invests their life savings into somewhere... and it goes downhill?

It then becomes their fault for not diversifying their portfolio. If you don't want to save your retirement or you make very poor decisions, just keep working and never retire. Its not the responsibility of everyone else to take care of you. Its not like you have a right to retire.

Never said it is everyone else's responsibility to take care of someone when they retire. But why is it that when the GOVERNMENT officials retire... they get practically (if not) full pay and medical care?? Why should they be completely taken care of with no worries, and the rest of us hard working Americans, who have spent our whole lives working hard and paying our taxes so the government officials can have these luxuries, have to struggle to survive when we get old? My grandma is one of the greatest people I know... my grandpa died when I was like 5 or 6... she can't work anymore... and she's struggling just to survive. Granted, there are some people that are older and don't need SS, but there's some who really do need it. Are we just supposed to turn our backs on them as if to say "well... yeah you worked hard your whole life... but now you're too old to work and a drain on society... so we're just gonna let you suffer until you croak."? I can't agree with that. Many many many many many years ago... when a person got elderly and could no longer do the work needed to survive... the family and sometimes even other people in the community helped them... ya know before the times of government how we know it today? My knee and back is messed up from an accident I was in 7 years ago... I know I'm not going to be able to work when I'm 60+, and unless they come up with some miracle surgery by then that will totally fix my back and knee... there's no way I'm going to be able to. I'm going to try to save up granted... but who knows how the world is going to be in 26 years when I hit 60 or 31 years when I hit 65?

Things happen in the course of life that you can't plan for. Sure I can plan for my retirement now... but who knows what is going to happen before then? What if something horrible happens and I have to use my life savings to survive before retirement?

I just don't think it's right to turn our backs on the elderly if they need help. It's not right to say "Oh well because you've made a bad choice or something bad happened to you years ago... you're screwed now and we're not helping you"

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 6:18 AM on j-body.org
NfamousZ24 wrote: Tom Delay is being attack because he is probably most effective and true Conservativein the Senate.

Is that why he's being attacked?

Cause I thought it was because Tom DeLay's airfaire for a trip to England and Scotland was paid for by Jack Abramoff's credit card, and other expenses, including food, phone calls, and golf was charged on another lobbyist's credit card. That's in direct violation of House ethics rules that prohibit registered lobbyists for paying for expenses for members.

Or possibly because Tom DeLay invited donors to share a skybox with him at a Three Tenors concert, a skybox paid for by super lobbyist Jack Abramoff, who is currently under investigation by the Senate. Just two months after the concert, DeLay voted against gambling legislation that Abramoff was lobbying against. The skybox tickets were worth thousands of dollars, and DeLay never reported the gift.

Then again, it could have been because DeLay claimed that a 1997 trip to Moscow was arranged and paid for by a nonprofit public policy organization. But they were actually arranged by lobbyists and funded by a company registered in the Bahamas that may have served as a front for Russian companies with ties to Russian security forces.

I doubt the attacks are due to Tom DeLay's political action committees and campaigns funneling more than $500,000 to his wife and daughter since 2001.

But, who knows? Like you say, it could just be because he's so effective.

Quote:

"The time has come that the American people know exactly what their Representatives are doing here in Washington. Are they feeding at the public trough, taking lobbyist-paid vacations, getting wined and dined by special interest groups? Or are they working hard to represent their constituents? The people, the American people, have a right to know... I say the best disinfectant is full disclosure, not isolation." -- Tom DeLay, 11/16/95

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:29 PM on j-body.org
A lot of people will furvently their favourite mutt is getting their tail wagged.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 9:06 PM on j-body.org
i dont like that he @!#$ up the soldiers and sailors act

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search