Why does Nintendo=for little kids? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why does Nintendo=for little kids?
Friday, May 27, 2005 7:34 PM on j-body.org
How come some people bash nintendo and say the games on their systems are just for little kids? Is it just because nintendo censored mortal kombat in the early 90's?? is that all or is there more?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Why does Nintendo=for little kids?
Friday, May 27, 2005 9:19 PM on j-body.org
nah nintendo rules.... its classic, retro... but as the way things are in life, egos run fads... so when people or celebs and mainstream says nintendo is cool again, people will be sweatin to get em...

but for now, x box and ps2, soon to be ps3 and xbox360, and gamecube rule gaming now...

sure its more realistic and accurate and graphic oriented, but sometimes simplistic is nice

Friday, May 27, 2005 9:43 PM on j-body.org
Because it's true. Nintendo would be the first to admit it. You'll never play a GTA-type game on a Nintendo system.

---

Friday, May 27, 2005 9:48 PM on j-body.org
nintendo systems keep it like it should be...GAMES not trying to make it realistic

Friday, May 27, 2005 10:18 PM on j-body.org
The Other Matt wrote:nintendo systems keep it like it should be...GAMES not trying to make it realistic

what does realistic have to do with something being games or not?

juuuuuust asking....

whether a game is realistic or not, has no bearing on it being a game or not. some people do prefer realism in games, and there were alot of nintendo games that actually kept things as realistic as the technology would allow..... but they were on nintendo.

alot of times the realism makes you make more effort to complete a game, such as if you get shot, you have to mend yourself, or you die....

in older games, you had a magic sheild to where shots never hurt you.... not really realistic hence those games werent as challenging....

games are supposed to be fun as well as challenging....

10 yard fight was good for the time, but no one got hurt... no one was put out on the injured list not matter how many times he got sacked or tackled...

after beating the pink and purple team for 50 times straight, wasnt as challenging...

point i am getting at is the realism in todays games add to the challenge

Friday, May 27, 2005 11:24 PM on j-body.org
can't beat old school NES or SNES.........i'd play that over PS2 anyday
Friday, May 27, 2005 11:30 PM on j-body.org
i have a NES and an SNES and i play them ALL the time...i love them...i also have an xbox though lol

Friday, May 27, 2005 11:51 PM on j-body.org
The Other Matt wrote:i have a NES and an SNES and i play them ALL the time...i love them...i also have an xbox though lol

hahaaaa! sinner

i can honestly say i have kept EVERY game system from commodore, to atari, to nes, snes, sega, the cd attachment base, original psone, ps2, etc... neo geo even and more

Saturday, May 28, 2005 6:30 AM on j-body.org
i'm just now getting my hands on a gamecube.

does that make me a kid?
Saturday, May 28, 2005 11:34 AM on j-body.org
I haven't had a Game system since NES/Sega days.

I don't think you'd be missing anything.

Besides... Nintendo = Mario Brothers franchise, X-Box = Halo, PS2 = Resident Evil/Grand Turismo.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, May 30, 2005 9:05 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:Because it's true. Nintendo would be the first to admit it. You'll never play a GTA-type game on a Nintendo system.

Skip says I have Frotteurism... I say I just thrust my hips at strangers.

Monday, May 30, 2005 10:19 AM on j-body.org
because that is there main market. I thought the hardware was designed to better play cartoon type games? (could be wrong on this?)

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Monday, May 30, 2005 11:27 AM on j-body.org
steveo wrote:How come some people bash nintendo and say the games on their systems are just for little kids? Is it just because nintendo censored mortal kombat in the early 90's?? is that all or is there more?

Do you really not see it? Just look at the games Nintendo produces and the games say PS2 produces.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:42 PM on j-body.org
Nintendo has the resident evil series now. that is why i have my gamecube.
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:53 AM on j-body.org
Nintendo rocks!! to bad it is getting its butt kicked by Mirosoft and Sony oh well but the best was ...............

Lets see XBOX or PS2 come out with a cereal that can beat that!

Warning: Your sig is in violation of rules 4, 5 and 6. Change it before you post again.
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:37 AM on j-body.org
because at the moment ps2 and xbox have the older market.....if nintendo goes for the younger kids, they have the whole market to themselves almost.....

large profit

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:21 PM on j-body.org
Yeah Nintendo has the Resident evil series now. I would choose a nintendo over any system anyday just cause i like their games and characters in their games. I personally think they have the best system.

SPONSERED BY: Cavalier Extreme

West Virgina J-bodies[/URL]
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:02 PM on j-body.org
I still like to kick back with my NES sometimes and get into some heavy Tetris, Monopoly, and Mario. And Dungeons and Dragons is pretty good. Also Wizards and Warriors. I'm feeling nostalgic...

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:09 PM on j-body.org
well i just finished playing Zelda on my oldskool NES...and it was fantastic...

btw...did anyone else have Sega Channel back in the day when the Sega was the thing to have? i had it and i loved it...i was soooo pissed when they stopped doing it

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:22 PM on j-body.org
I love nintendo, But dammit I never beat the old Zelda. I remember the Sega Channel didn't get it though.

Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:40 AM on j-body.org
PS2 = Resident Evil/Grand Turismo.

i used to like GT4 until i picked up Forza.....Yep, sold my PS2 that very day!

Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:51 AM on j-body.org
nintendo HAS games for kids but does not make nintendo=for kids

and anyoen who says so is just well, slow

GC has:

resident evil
need for speed
zelda
mortal combat
xmen
many marvell games
starcraft
all the EA sports games
splinter cell
metroid

i could name TONS more of adult/realistic games that are available for the GC

so having a GC you are playing equally as adult games as any other system. its just that GC ALSO has games appropriate for kids. whats wrong with that?

not to mention i pray for the day square enix formerly squaresoft makers of the final fantasy and crono trigger return to a partnership with nintendo. would = awesome!!

as far as the hardware goes. gamecubes graphical hardware is more advanced and more capapble than the ps2. and in MANY cases with many games ive played on both xbox and gc, GC is EXTREMELY close to xbox in graphics and sometimes equals it

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:58 PM on j-body.org
Recently I just sold my PS2 and went with a SNES and N64, couldn't be happer. As the Other Matt said "nintendo keeps it how it should be, GAMES, not all realistic like PS2 and Xbox. I'm really into games that you can have alot of fun with...I played Halo 2 for Xbox once, it may not be complicated for you but for me it wasn't even any fun. Ill stick w/ Nintendo forevaaaaa......muahahahhaahahaha. Its in my roots.'

Monday, June 06, 2005 10:09 PM on j-body.org
Nintendo hasnt been cool for like 15 years

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:19 AM on j-body.org
all the graphics for the games look like kids tv programmes and none of the games are violent.

----------------------------------------------------------------
DIDDE 2005 (AKA DAVE TURNER) (THE BRITISH GUY)
Quote:

You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Do not bypass the language filters, they are there for a reason.
Expires: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:01 PM PT

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search