Christian group wants Christians to boycott Ford - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Christian group wants Christians to boycott Fo
Friday, June 03, 2005 12:07 PM on j-body.org
Isn't it in the Bible "Judge not lest ye be judged"?

Whether it's a sin or not to be gay... whether or not people are born that way... irregardless they need to worry about doing more good than stupid crap like this. I know not all Christians are that way... but like I said before. How is someone ELSE being gay going to affect a NON gay Christian? Not at all.

Like I said, if a gay person IS going to go to he11, why do Christian people have to worry so much about it? It's not going to affect them one way or another. Someone might say they want to "save" them... but if that's what they want and that's what makes them happy... LEAVE THEM ALONE!!! Let them be gay, let them be happy while they're here.

Ford is doing something to help the community... whether you agree with it or not. Ford could be donating money to the SPCA, but if you think animals are worthless and should all be killed and off this planet... you're going to be offended at that too. If Ford were to donate money to the United Negro College Fund... and you were a racist... you'd protest that too. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it right to protest it, as people have different morals and values.

I stand by "THESE Christian people need to get a life and stop "Judging lest ye be judged", and do some GOOD for the community... like said feed the hungry, cloth the poor, something along those lines...

Friday, June 03, 2005 2:50 PM on j-body.org
Some Zealots live by a similarly worded code: "judge not, lest ye be not judged."

Basically zealots will split hairs by saying they're supposed to witness for their faith and by that, they interpret that they MUST convert you (YES!!!! YOU!!!!) to their faith. It doesn't matter that your brain chemistry is dictating your sexual orientation, therefore gay ARE infact created by God....

Anyhow.

Sometimes I really wonder about religion, if it inspires ignorance, intollerance and indifference, or if that's just part of the people preaching the religion and they're using religion as a foil to further their dubious ends. I'm inclined to believe that because most Christians I know (though some are slap-ass crazy) are decent people, and they really don't hate anyone because of what they do behind closed doors with consenting adults. Then again, some people are just plain ignorant and greedy...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, June 03, 2005 6:31 PM on j-body.org
I just had some soup, now im going to have some water... mmmmm

Monday, June 06, 2005 10:05 PM on j-body.org
my religion has no place with cars

these morons need to drop dead quickly so they can be around thier god and quit whining about it to the rest of us

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:00 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

How is someone ELSE being gay going to affect a NON gay Christian? Not at all.

It does effect a Christian. They believe in hell if one doesn't repent and strive to be as Jesus. As a family member would not want their child or sibling to fall into a fire so a Christian out of love does not want any to perish in hell. Also it is a Christian's job to preach the Word of God and glorify His name while promoting His call for us such as getting away from homosexual inclinations.

Quote:

THESE Christian people need to get a life and stop "Judging lest ye be judged", and do some GOOD for the community... like said feed the hungry, cloth the poor, something along those lines...

God calls His children to promote the good such as feeding the poor and all you stated, but it is also a good to promote what He teaches, such as get help if you are thinking along the lines of homosexuality. His grace can heal any type of sin if repented except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as written in the gospel, therefore homosexuality is a sin like kleptomania that can be forgiven while the person's struggle can be healed.

Towards the beginning of the Bible two cities (Sodom & Gorrah-not sure on spelling) are burned with sulfur from Heaven because they were full of homosexuals. This shows God doesn't like homosexuality. I wonder if the word "sodomy "comes from that city Sodom.

Determination to be wise is the first step toward becoming wise.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:17 PM on j-body.org
^^again, prove Sodom and Gomorah happened...and it's not just a story in the bible.

Still, on a more serious note--there is a time that even though you don't want to hurt members of your family ebcause you love them, you can't coddle them forever. There ae going to be times when you *have* to let people you love get hurt, and times you have to turn away, and hope they make the best choices because you can't be there for them.

I think hahaha said it--something along the lines that it's better if you don't forecully preach--but welcome thoes that want to embrace God with open arms.

In a case like mine--i have not been christian for 16 years, and have no regrets. For those that are christian, i say more power to them, but that Path is not my Path. You could say that God (assuming God exists) wants me on the Path I am on right now.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:03 AM on j-body.org
yino18 wrote:
Quote:

How is someone ELSE being gay going to affect a NON gay Christian? Not at all.

It does effect a Christian. They believe in hell if one doesn't repent and strive to be as Jesus. As a family member would not want their child or sibling to fall into a fire so a Christian out of love does not want any to perish in hell. Also it is a Christian's job to preach the Word of God and glorify His name while promoting His call for us such as getting away from homosexual inclinations.

That's what I don't get. Why do ya waste your life worrying about gay people going to hell? There going to do what they want anyways. Why let it bother you?
yino18 wrote:
Quote:

THESE Christian people need to get a life and stop "Judging lest ye be judged", and do some GOOD for the community... like said feed the hungry, cloth the poor, something along those lines...

God calls His children to promote the good such as feeding the poor and all you stated, but it is also a good to promote what He teaches, such as get help if you are thinking along the lines of homosexuality.

Some people just don't want to be preached too. Why can't you just leave them be? Why force your beliefs onto them? You is not you personally yino18, so don't take this post as a personal attack, but some of the Pain in the ass preachy relighiouos types. I had some preachy door to door christians tell me and my wife that we're going to hell because we watch The Simpsons and that we need to repent now or suffer the consequences .

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 2:21 PM on j-body.org
I agree keeper, it is no fun being forced into something. We all want people to go to God with open arms, but there must be a million plus instances where one who converted had someone in their life who may have tried to guide them. So indeed it is vital that Christians give the space needed to non-believers, but just remember a that a brother instructs a sibling out of love(hopefully of course) so the sibling should try to respect that the brother cares for them and not treat them as a sales agent who could only care about their money and not their soul. Let me say I honestly am really hesitant to preach to anyone because I don't want to force anything on them, but if I feel the Lord moving my heart to help them, then I will by the courage He gives me.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 2:41 PM on j-body.org
spikej,
I am sorry for those who force their beliefs on you. Unfortunately humans are far from perfect whether Christian or not, so we all can fail to share our beliefs in a way that seems loving and informational at the same time. Ever had a bad teacher where the material seemed a lot easier if you just studied it yourself, well those sharing their beliefs could just be going about it the wrong way too while their motives are good. Usually and hopefully believers will become better as they grow so that it will be obvious they are teaching with love and not looking to force it on anyone. Jesus Himself is said to not force anyone to believe, therefore Christians are not to force it, but may accidentally out of their passion to save others. You just will have to excuse them for ineffective teaching and look at their motives. Also though, the powers of darkness want people to view any teaching of God as forceful and awful. So make sure you aren't just quick to judge and misread their intentions.

I would say watching the Simpsons isn't bad but to a Christian supporting anything that is ungodly in the Simpsons would be sin, and all sin must be sincerely repented for, following a comittment to stay away from that sin. Perhaps that is what those people meant but they said it in an obscure way.
I have troubles watching Seinfeld because I like it purely for the good comedy but unfortunately they have some ungodly jokes that may rouse my ungodly nature to laugh at. So it just may be better for me to stay away from the show altogether because of the temptations, and the same with the Simpsons.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:40 PM on j-body.org
This reminds me of the way American Media displays race relations as with every other negative aspect of American life. They take a minority and expolit them so that is would be assumed that ALL of Americans think that way, or some stereotype that has been formed.
Not all Christians believe that way. To me, those that focus on issues like this hurt the image of what the bible has set forth for us to conduct ourselves. They hurt the mission we have been tasked with.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:09 AM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire:

Ever heard: "Squeeky wheels get oiled?"

Most people that are media Savvy know that the press will exploit the hellout of each and every opportunity, and they'll happily stereotype as long as they aren't breaking any laws. Some, the latter part doesn't apply.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:50 AM on j-body.org
yino18 wrote:I have troubles watching Seinfeld because I like it purely for the good comedy but unfortunately they have some ungodly jokes that may rouse my ungodly nature to laugh at. So it just may be better for me to stay away from the show altogether because of the temptations, and the same with the Simpsons.

Oh Brother . Well you know what doctors say "Laughter is the best medicine".

Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:06 PM on j-body.org
One could also argue that its absurd to place your moral beliefs on the thoughts of ppl 2000 years ago which had less education than todays generation of 7th Graders, at least the 7th graders know the earth isn't flat, and the crowning achievements of mankind aren't fire and the wheel.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 2:29 PM on j-body.org
HEh... Rodimus has been brainwashed into thinking the earth isn't flat... hahahaha...

Humans aint doing no better than a wheel and fire..

okay, I'm being an ass.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 2:59 PM on j-body.org
For those of you mentioning the story of sodom and gamorah. Its arguable that the sodomites were actually homosexual. the interpretation of them being gay didnt come around till around the 12th century. it mentions the sodomites being abundant with idleness and pride. it dosent mention any homosexual acts taking place. people just really want homosexuality to be a sin and are bent on hating gays.
read Ezekiel. So many people say that god hates homosexuals and the bible says so but cant give you any refrence as to were it says that.

"Youre lucky that 100 shot of nos didnt blow the welds on your intake"
-Vin Diesel
Sunday, June 12, 2005 4:26 PM on j-body.org
I believe Soddom & Gommorah, the Angels that visited (I forget the name of the character) were not know to be angels, and the boorish crowd (mostly Men) were asking the Character to "let us 'know' them as we know our brethren." Some interpretations of 'know' equate it to IDB.

Similarly, there are translations of the bible that state in Ezekiel that God said man shall not lay with a man as he would lay with a woman. Nothing about women laying with women because that's a $6 rental fee.

Seems people just want a reason to hate people that are different... some may even confuse the issue with pity.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:14 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

people just really want homosexuality to be a sin and are bent on hating gays.

Quote:

So many people say that god hates homosexuals and the bible says so but cant give you any refrence as to were it says that.

Here are some verses from the Bible and other sources. If you want good information, such as how can it be wrong if one is biologically imbalanced with good answers such as, though some are inclined biologically to steal it doesn’t make it right, then check this link out, it is not a very long read. This link doesn’t bash but seems loving and helpful. There should be no hatred towards the person, only the sin. We all sin and need to help one another in walking the path that leads to Heaven. However, the sinner is called to repent and turn from godless ways.

'You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination' (Leviticus 18:22; see also Leviticus 20:13).

‘For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another...' (Romans 1:26-27).

The Greek word arsenokoitai used in 1 Timothy 1:10 literally means 'men who sleep with men'. It is the same Greek word used for 'homosexual offender' in 1 Corinthians 6:9, variously translated as 'abusers of themselves with mankind' (KJV), homosexuals (NASB) or homosexual offender (NIV).

"...Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

“It seems quite clear that homosexuality is perversion, it is immoral. If homosexuality is immoral, all the verses that talk about sexual immorality include homosexuality. And there are many, many verses that talk about sexual immorality.” -Christian source

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c040.html
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 5:39 PM on j-body.org
if were supposed to help those who sin, like the homos, why are those televangelist and other so called "christians" always on t.v blaming gays for aids and stds. and they even ask them to apologize for it. I mean no one has asked heterosexuals to apologize for teen pregnancy. im a christian but i dont have anything against homosexuals. it just seems to me like the average person dosent read the bible but they always know it says homosexuals are evil because they heard it on t.v or theyre parents told them. i think if people wanna be gay just let them knock themselves out and ignore it.

"Youre lucky that 100 shot of nos didnt blow the welds on your intake"
-Vin Diesel
Saturday, June 18, 2005 9:07 AM on j-body.org
Well, it's the same argument for gays and Christians and other religious/social demographics that I really don't care for:

- Do what you want to do... Don't hurt anybody, and don't ask me to pay for it or get involved if I'm not interested.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:26 PM on j-body.org
GONADS AND STRIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:08 PM on j-body.org
Considering that a Christian is called to care and act:
If a person is thinking about killing themself a person should help them out, pull them out of the danger. This is extreme, yet not off far since I believe there is a high suicide rate among gays. Therefore if a Christian cares enough to save one from death of suicide, they should also care as Jesus did to save one from living a sinful life that leads to hell.
People aren't required to care, but Chrisitans are called to have the love for people to care if they are suffering and illness or sin, and they should pray for that love to be in their own hearts if they find it hard to care about a person struggling with sin.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 11:38 PM on j-body.org
Well Personaly I think Gay is Choice not born, SO saying that I agree with the saying .."God made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve" ....Hmph back to my bigot hole I guess.

JBP Built 2.4
250HP
230FT
Dont race
But dont push it
Monday, June 27, 2005 11:26 AM on j-body.org
No one may want to wach a loved on suffer, but sometimes you have to. Sometimes you have to watch them make what you think is a stupid choice...

...but how can you say that choice is stupid? You are not living their life and don't know the circumstances. The powers that be (God or otherwise) are probably making it happen in a specific way for them because it's part of God's plan...

How can a mere human, assuming God exists, state for certain what God's plan is--Even the Pope?

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:04 PM on j-body.org
i work for volvo, which is a ford owned company. we got a memo that basiclaly boiled down to professional phrasing of "screw these whackjobs, we aint prejudiced like they are." i cant agree more.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 10:27 PM on j-body.org
I think you may be addressing God's divine plan. He certainly has a plan for His glory which consists also of His true love for His children. The Bible along with the Holy Spirit gives us certain revealed truths that we can pursue and even come to learn about such as the idea of the Trinity. However there are also parts to God's plan that are too sublime for us and not revealed to us for His good reasons.

It has been revealed however that people are not to sin. Christians are called to preach the Word and share the good news of salvation in Christ through repentance. So a human such as the pope doesn't know how it will all end but he does have a mission from God to go and serve and help people turn from sin.

I find myself humbled at times because of how little I know, such as how the Lord may or may not be working in one's life. Yet the one thing we can be certain of is that we are to do what Jesus taught us and that is always part of God's plan for all souls.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search