Why does Nintendo=for little kids? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why does Nintendo=for little kids?
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 3:33 PM on j-body.org
^ wrong

hmm ALL GAMECUBE games. realistic and violent

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:06 PM on j-body.org
All the screenshots you posted are typical for every system out there. They are nothing extraordinary.

Nintendo may have violent games, but that doesn't change what they are. Say Nintendo and what do most people think of? Mario.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:54 PM on j-body.org
hmm well the FIRST thing i think of when i hear nintendo is

ZELDA
CHRONOTRIGGER
BREATHE OF FIRE
EARTHBOUND
FINAL FANTASY
METROID

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 6:51 PM on j-body.org
And those are not inheirently graphic video Games.

If you don't consider the crossover games, and focus on platform specific games (for all intents and porpoises consider GTA3/VC/SA as a Sony platform game because of it's delayed release to other platforms), Nintendo really doesn't have all that much to appeal to the core gamer audience (adults 18-35). There are many games that will appeal, but they are ported out to other platforms for mass appeal.

BTW, most ESRB rated racing games don't fall into the Adult category unless there's profanity or clipscene violence... I think the rule is: no blood, no A rating.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:57 AM on j-body.org
^ but see it doesnt matter which games are native to the developing company of the system. becasue eventually all the popular games that people buy and want to play are released on all the systems.

i was arguing the fact that a gamecube or nintendo means all you can play is kid games. when this is nto true. you get basically an equal amount of all the regular games as other systems. all the best selling games on the other systems are also available on nintendo alogn with many others.

as far as native games to nintendo not beign adult. first thing i thought of was the launch game for gamecube. dont recal the name but its where you travel through time and can becoem mentally unstable and if you go insane ghosts and ebasts from your mind consume you and you die. sweet ass game but im going brain dead on the name

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:59 AM on j-body.org
bah! i thought of the name

ETERNAL DARKNESS

oh and the game doesnt need a esrb rating of adult to APPEAL to the adult audience.

major example of that is sports games, since the majority of all sports games are sold to adults but their esrb is E -everyone

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:54 AM on j-body.org
picture number 1...the wheels aren't wet.
picture number 2, link isn't real, hence, not realistic
picture 3. if link were real, that would be the end of him right then and there....oh, and if that were on the xbox, the chain links would look better
picture 4, no one would mod a celica like that and not change out the exhaust tip.
picture 5, there is no matrix
picture 6..she wouldn't be able to hold a blade that topheavy with such little effort
picture 7..this is a serious medical condition, he would have been in the hospital getting treated for E-Bola or whatever that flesheating disease is..
picture 8..An arm mounted weapon would not and could not be held that close to your shoulder..
picture 9..the concussion of the RPG didn't send shrapnel into his face or at least blow his hair around
picture 10..people don't have health meters floating around 2 dimensionally in random parts of the room once they start fighting.
picture 11..the monitors aren't plugged in..

i'll post the rest later =)

Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:02 AM on j-body.org
picture number 12...that beast is a total ripoff of zool from ghostbusters... and i can assure you that is NOT passing zone..
picture 13...nothing wrong here. Looks like your run of the mill nerds getting ready for a LARP(Live action role play(like real life D&D(just to let you all know where these guys stand socially, the hardcore D&D kids make fun of these guys)))
picture 14..no one on earth would dual wield desert eagles, especially in a hostage situation...
picture 15..i have yet to see a vending machine with chips but no candy..
picture 16..No one on this planet would try and take down a helicopter with an MP5.. Those bullets are designed for close quarters ,and because of that, carry a very small powder charge(9x19mm if memory serves me)...in essence, they're anything but anti-armor.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:21 AM on j-body.org
Nathaniel:

True, but again, Nintendo has cultivated the image of kid friendly forever, it's going to be REALLY tough to shed.

Also, Cross-promoting games for multiple platforms is just good business sense, there's no loyalty unless the game co funds development.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:41 AM on j-body.org
^ yeah i understand,

just because there are plenty of games for kids to play does not mean there arent just as many adult games as all of the other systems have.

so basically GC wins out over all. GC has basically equal amount of all the popular adult games PLUS games for kids.

sounds like a sweet deal to me. best fo both worlds.

Friday, June 10, 2005 10:14 PM on j-body.org
who cares? nintendo owns ps2 and xbox. nintendo is everyones roots. Last i checked you werent playing ps2/xbox in the 1980s. kiddy games or not, its the roots that make it speical.

Friday, June 10, 2005 10:41 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

who cares? nintendo owns ps2 and xbox. nintendo is everyones roots. Last i checked you werent playing ps2/xbox in the 1980s. kiddy games or not, its the roots that make it speical.

Wouldn't the magnavox odyssey be the true roots of video games?(other than an oscillosope) I mean, it pre-dates pong...

oh, as for owning ps2 and xbox.....crack kills, keep that in mind..

Saturday, June 11, 2005 3:19 PM on j-body.org
Yes Nintendo has slipped a little in the war between Xbox and PS2. With the next gen systems coming out I was almost ready to give up my loyalty to Nintendo to get an Xbox 360. I'm sticking with Nintendo because they finally redeemed themselves in theconsole market. The next system (Revolution) WILL be backwards compatible with game cube games!! Which is awesome because I have about 60 gamecube games. It will also play DVD's and the controllers are wireless. And whatever else they add to it will just make it better! bottom line..........the money I invested in Gamecube games will have not gone to waste.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 9:55 PM on j-body.org
THat was THE major selling point of PS2.. backwards compatibility.

Roots mean very little to me unless you're talking about Superchargers, plant bundles or the Movie. I had a Sega Genesis before I had a ninendo, and a Commodore Vic20 before that.

I suppose it means a lot more to me that I can sit in front of a computer, upgrade as necessary, and do a whole lot more than a PS2, NGC or Xbox can do. Other than Xbox's running *nix, I haven't heard of typing out a fast email or what not on a PS2 or whatever.

Plus.. 10 Gig HDD... 520 Gigs of space for whatever.

Until you can do that on a Playstation, Xbox or GameCube, I won't be buying another Console.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 11:11 PM on j-body.org
^ for some reason sitting in front of a PC just doesnt do it for me. idk why. granted a PC has higher capabilties, i just dont get the enjoyment from sitting in front of the PC, i need to be playin a console lol. YES I AM WIERD..

Sunday, June 12, 2005 8:57 AM on j-body.org
Well, there's a whole lot more weird people out there.

Console Gaming doesn't do it for me either... I break it down to: I don't like having to buy another Vid Card, Processor, controller, and whatnot if I don't get better performance. Then again, I have 5 PCs and 2 laptops in my basement that I just can't seem to let go of

To each their own.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search