GO CANADA GO - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GO CANADA GO
Monday, August 15, 2005 6:27 PM on j-body.org
Best of luck to you again!

Either way, if TPS doesn't pan out, you might give RCMP training a whirl... you know... Sunny Regina in february is just so.. picturesque!

Either way, I think TPS has it's own training programme... PF is just an extra notch on your belt as it were. If you ever have to go to CPC, give me an e-holler.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 10:48 AM on j-body.org
Will do. Thanks...

I would have been really interested in the RCMP however, I don't really want to uproot and move at this point. Maybe a few years down the road.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:05 AM on j-body.org
either way... If you're getting into TPS for certain, then I wouldn't gamble it... RCMP is very hard to get into, and it requires a bit of uprooting (1 yr. training at Depot, and then field work for at least 5-6 years depending).

If you have a family, I'm not sure about how much lee-way they give you.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:26 AM on j-body.org
It's not certain at this point with TPS. I will let you know after my testing.

Actually, I am not sure if you would know or not... If I were to get hired by the TPS as a PC would I keep the same badge number as the one I have right now as an AUX?

As for family... I have a wife... but NO kids!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 5:43 PM on j-body.org
I'm not entirely certain, but I suspect you would get a new one.

RCMP/OPP auxilliary get new badge #'s if they get signed on as Reg. Member/Constable, However, when a number is retired, it's retired. Your aux # will probably be retired in favor of a regular constable's #, if TPS uses that kind of scheme.

RCMP uses a different regimental prefix # to distinguish between Civillian members, Applicants/Regular Members and Auxilliary Members.

Monday, August 22, 2005 1:09 PM on j-body.org
Hmmm... I have an interview with TPS Parking Enforcement... I applied for it just because the opportunity came up and it starts you off with 44k... which is better than my current job, so no complaints on that.

I am going for the test on Sep 14, 2005. I will let you know if I got into that... Then, I will probably go for the PC position by March next year.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:39 PM on j-body.org
44K is about what I make in Base Salary. Once the re-organisation happens, it otter be better than 65K. If I can keep doing SOC stuff I'll be happy.

Good luck on the test.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:01 AM on j-body.org
Thanks...

That 65k looks so good... I hope you get it soon.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:04 AM on j-body.org
You and me both!!!

The only bugger is that I won't be able to do SOC stuff. Well, I can't anymore anyhow... what a bitch.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search