war forum and christ followers (for the rest of us - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: war forum and christ followers (for the rest o
Friday, June 03, 2005 6:01 PM on j-body.org
Death and Guts are useful.

There are more than one bible.

Utopia isn't a destination its a journey.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 12:54 PM on j-body.org
stock gt wrote:1 bible ........and all religions read it different.

How can i put this mildly....

BULL@!#$!!!!!!

Ask anyone of a pagan descent if the bible has anything to do with their religion and they'll laugh at you.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, June 06, 2005 10:06 PM on j-body.org
I believe in God, I also accept that my belief may not be correct and no such thing may exist for that reason I dont think its right to speak about my "opinion" to others because religion or lack thereof is just a persons opinion nothing more

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, June 26, 2005 11:17 PM on j-body.org
I only read a couple parts of page 1 but

Quote:

read the whole bible and count how many times it actually tells you to do an act of violence against your neighbors, such as when it states that any unruley child should be stoned, any man with long hair should be cast off and made to feel shameful.

It is so important to have good knowledge of something before speaking. Many topics I cannot discuss because I know little about them. But to make an opinion on the Bible, I would be ready to debate with some very knowledgeable scholars not to mention even actual geniuses who have believed and studied the Bible. Be careful to not pull things out of context.

Briefly, in the Old Testament the Jews were God's chosen people and they were to be clean. For certain sins one was to be stoned. This shows how serious God is about people not sinning. Jesus came and took the punishment all sin deserves which is death. Now they are forgiven if they accept Him and no longer is punishment by stoning required because it was satisfied on the cross. Jesus offers forgiveness to those who once should have been stoned to death.

Personally, upon reading the Bible I have come to many things that seemed odd or unholy, but after prayer, further study on each of these areas and help from good knowledgeable sources I have come to see God's holiness in each situation. He reveals a plan through the ways of the Old Testament and it prefigures what He needed to do in the New Testament where it describes how perfect Jesus' atonement was.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search