Your Opinions on Hispanic Immigration, please - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Your Opinions on Hispanic Immigration, please
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:25 PM on j-body.org
I tried this conversation on another forum I belong to and got labelled a "racist" for my point of view. I see that everyone here seems more mellow and thought I'd try it out on JBO...

Before I get into this, please understand that I do not consider myself to be a racist person - I do not hate anyone because of the color of their skin. I am intelligent and fair. If you do not wish to participate in an adult debate, please stay out of this.

I am starting to have a MAJOR problem with the thousands of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and Central America. I have no problem with someone who lives in a bad place trying to come here and make a better life for themselves, but it is starting to hurt the people who were born here, and that's simply not right.

I live near Washington, DC and this area has a ton of Hispanic people. They can not or will not learn English, and apparently no one will make them. Everything is being printed in Spanish to accomodate this. My biggest problem with it is that my wife can no longer get a front desk position at ANY doctors' or dentists' offices UNLESS she speaks Spanish! Why? English is the official language here - why do we now need to speak Spanish in order to get a job?

Secondly, I have no health insurance. It's a scary way to live but I cannot afford it at this time. But Congress just set aside 5 BILLION dollars so that ILLEGAL immigrants can have all of their health care for FREE. I was BORN here! Take care of ME first! I have to scrape together enough cash to get my groceries, but I watch hispanic families walk by with TWO carts full of prime meats, etc and then pay with food stamps.

I just don't understand why someone who is technically a criminal is allowed to work here, get free medical, have as many kids as they want ( free) and even eat better than me. I have worked hard my entire life and my wife and I can't even afford to have one child at the moment. Does anyone else see this as unfair?

I'm getting really worried that in about 20 years, English will no longer be the language of my home. I fear that soon we will begin losing our Holidays and culture to a new group of people who do not care about our way of life. I feel like there will be no money to help me when I am elderly, but there will always be plenty to help people who are here illegally. I don't want to hate anyone, but I feel like we are being "invaded" and that our way of life is under a great threat.

I am here to get other opinions that will help me feel better about this - not to spread hatred for anyone. Is there anything you can say to make me feel better or look at it from a new perspective? I feel pretty crappy about feeling like this about a whole group of people. I want to accept newcomers who are searching for a better life for their families, but I don't feel that the system is fair.

What do you guys think?

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com

Re: Your Opinions on Hispanic Immigration, please
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:51 PM on j-body.org
I hate spics, I don't have a problem with Mexicans...

spic - often illegal, doesn't even try to learn to speak English, stands around with other spics being little punks and often talking @!#$ to females. Mooches off welfare a lot. etc etc...

Mexican - someone who just happens to be from Mexico.

we have "la casa" here, they get donations and build houses (with donated labor) and then give/sell cheaply the houses to Mexicans, and they don't care if they're illegal or not. But if you're white, you're SOL.

If you're legal, good, come on in. but if not, GTFO. Stop shooting out kids to live off welfare.

You can call me racist, but I hate all stupid people equally.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:56 PM on j-body.org
Blue Cav Customs wrote:English is the official language here

WRONG

Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:01 PM on j-body.org
^^^ hes right, there is no official language of the USA.

although, i agree with you wholeheartedly. these illegals are ridiculous. recently, frnot page news nearby me was because the cops evicted about 20 of em living in one house. why? because they were illegal? NO. becaue of horrible living conditions provided by the landlord. the focus was on the landlords. this is HORRIBLE.

i shouldnt have to learn spanish. if i went to mexico, and scoffed at someone because they dont speak english, id be beaten down and laughed at. here, we are yelled at by our bosses. YOU adapt to where you go. NOT the other way around.

as far as i see it, learn english, or get out. know it already, or your not allowed in.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:12 PM on j-body.org
Furthermore (and for the sake of argument), I have come to appreciate the Hispanic/Mexican worker. Americans complain because immigrants are taking their jobs, yet the reason the jobs exist is because Americans don't feel that a job paying minimum wage (or a lower wage) isn't sufficient for them. Yet, the immigrant workers prove this wrong because most of us know of families of immigrants living off that same wage (or less). Want a better paying job? Get an education and compete for one, and don't complain that someone is willing to work for less than you.

I'm just thankful that America has workers that are willing to do those less glamorous and less paying jobs that need to be done in order for the country and our society to continue to function. I know people who go into a job market with a high school education and expect to be paid $12/hour to turn a nut onto a bolt. Thankfully, the Hispanic/Mexican workers you talk about are more realistic in their views on what little qualifications most of them have, and adjust their salary expectations accordingly.

Modern society is different from society during the industrial revolution. Employers are not minimizing costs by forcing potential employees into bargaining each other down to the point that the wage cannot even support persons to live. There are better governmental programs in place to help struggling families. I personally have less of a problem supporting those that are the backbone of this country through work in lower paying jobs, than those that are citizens but feel that jobs that are dirty or pay lower wages are somehow beneath them.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:28 PM on j-body.org
Blue Cav Customs wrote:
I live near Washington, DC and this area has a ton of Hispanic people. They can not or will not learn English, and apparently no one will make them. Everything is being printed in Spanish to accomodate this. My biggest problem with it is that my wife can no longer get a front desk position at ANY doctors' or dentists' offices UNLESS she speaks Spanish! Why? English is the official language here - why do we now need to speak Spanish in order to get a job?

I also live about 15 minutes from DC...yes, there is a large latino population in this area but that is not what is preventing your wife from getting a job. I know plenty of my friends who are in the medical field that do not speak spanish and they had no problem getting jobs. Maybe its that fact that you sit around and bitch and complain about minorities taking up jobs when you could be helping your wife look for one...

Have her go here: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/hea/
Plenty of job postings, hope that helps.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:59 PM on j-body.org
Pork Chop Sandwiches, you hit the hammer, DIRECTLY on the nail.

How many people do you know would work, for the wages of hispanics, I know none, so why get mad when someone will do something you won't do.

Experience is something you get after you need it.

Chuck Norris Can Set Ants On Fire With An Magnifying Glass..........At Night
Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:02 PM on j-body.org
I never complained about minorities "taking up jobs"

I just don't think speaking Spanish should be a job requirement in a country where English has always been the language.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:19 PM on j-body.org
Blue Cav Customs wrote:I never complained about minorities "taking up jobs"

I just don't think speaking Spanish should be a job requirement in a country where English has always been the language.

ill 2nd that. pork chop is right about that tho, but most of those people are LEGAL immigrants. i knew one from my last job. he came in my 2nd week and bought a sprint cell phone from me, he worked at wendy's mopping floors. after a year of paying his bill in my store every month, he introduced me to his wife, he finally saved enough so he could have her emigrate (LEGALLY). they both spoke fluent english. he also had a child, who they taught ENGLISH to as a first language, because he knew if he taught the child spanish, that the kid would always be behind in school. these kinds of people, i respect to the UTMOST degree. most lazy born and raised americans (myself included) dont even come close to this kind of respect level.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:23 PM on j-body.org
Blue Cav Customs wrote:I see that everyone here seems more mellow and thought I'd try it out on JBO...

Obviously, you haven't been in the WAR forum much, have you???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:36 PM on j-body.org
Personally, I'm not a fan of many immigrants in general. And I live in canada... We let anyone in. Which is brutal. As far as them taking jobs from the ppl that were here first. They take ALOT of well payin jobs, why do (pardon my short forms here) paki's, east indians, spics and spans, pings and pongs, seem to be driving benz, bmw, lexus? You can't tell me they make minimum wage. No sir. But if a caucasian person and a immagrint both perfectly the same schooling, same qualifactions, same everything right down to the last thing, both apply for the same job, the immagrint will get it. Why? Because if they don't they scream racism, or not being treated fair. Then next thing you know they are sueing for millions, or they get the job first thing monday mornnig. Gimme a break.

Also around here recently where I live we had a police racisist profiling problem. They say that blacks, hispanics, paki's, are 3 times more likely to get pulled over then whites. Well then they all went crazy and started bitching the cops are racisist and thats why they get arrested, or pulled over. Gimme a break. If you do something wrong, you get arested. If your caught speeding, you get pulled over. Breaking the law has nothing to do with race, but once the blacks and all the rest of them start to complain about it.... OHHHH its racsist. You don't see white ppl complianing they get pulled over by black cops because they are white do you? Nope..... Its all out of control, immagration needs to stop. Period. If you can't speak english and get mad that ppl dont understand you, then they turn you away. Then you say racist.... NO NO... its because you can't speak a god damn word of english. @!#$ try french even for christ sake. Better then that @!#$in click click clack @!#$ no one knows.

I also disagree with the fact that if they are coming from a bad place, then its good they come over to USA and Canada. NOPE. If its such a bad place, why does every family have 5 to 10 kids each? OHHH my children are starving put me on a infomercial. NO. STOP having so many god damn kids. Or your country is full of war, and death. OOHHH I know.. lets have more kids.. GOOD IDEA. Common sense, even without any education, is still common sense. Whatever happens to them, they bring on themselves... all the suicide bombers and all the killings. You chioce was to pick that religion. Not my choice. You think killing 100's of ppl will make god accept you. I say accept these nuts @!#$....

Draggin' That A**

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:41 PM on j-body.org
I DO 100% support anyone who wants to come here, learn English, become legal, and bring their whole family here legally. I only have a problem with our government supporting the illegal ones when I am doing without health insurance.

As far as getting myself a higher education, whenever one of you wants to pay for it, I'm ready to go to school. My parents never handed me a college education like many do. I've had to work for everything I have, and it pisses me off when illegal aliens don't.

And thanks for supporting my wife, Stephanie. She's an American woman just like you, and you totally dissed her. Sorry, I don't have time to "help" anyone get a job. Your friends are lucky to have good jobs - you need to stop judging her when you don't even know her.

By the way, my wife does work - its just sad that her choices are being limited by the fact that our "guests" have to be babied so they won't have to learn the language of their "host".

Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:42 PM on j-body.org
This is the biggest crock of B.S. I have read on here.....to use the word spic? Do you know who you are talking about when you use the word spic? Puerto Ricans! (Dale)

Look, plain and simple....a lot of companies have to hire minorities to fill a minority quota...to bad so sad.....I have yet to meet one person I know that has not gone to college and made school a priority not come out with a descent job!

Blue Cav......no beef with you but maybe you should stop hooking up your ride and get an education bro! I hate when people fail in life and put themselves in this depressive crap hole and start pointing the fingers at other things like illegals/legal immigrants.

I am Colombian and Puerto Rican but was born here. My dad was born in Colombia (for all the ignorants here, thats South America) and came to this country when he was 17.

Long story short....he is the vice president of Marketing/Sales for a well known company (Gilat) that deals with telecommunications.

If, my dad the COlombian, can do it then why can't Americans do it! He had nothing when he came here, no choices, no luxury! Not a lick of english! But now look at him!

Why can't lazy ass Americans do it! My dad did! Americans (not all) have become lazy and want everything handed to them.

I believe that if you really want something so bad and your really passionate about it then you can find a way to get it! Without complaining!

friggin stupid crap being said in here.

Now, the illegals who are here and do nothing better than to start up gangs like what we have here in D.C. MS13, they can get the hell out of here because they are doing no good for the community!

But you cant generalize all immigrants!

dumb ass comments!
Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:57 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Do you know who you are talking about when you use the word spic? Puerto Ricans!

Yes I do, I'm talking about Mexicans, I don't care who you're talking about when you say it. If I wanna call someone from Canada a spic, then I'm still talking about someone from Canada.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:01 PM on j-body.org
Blue Cav Customs wrote:
And thanks for supporting my wife, Stephanie. She's an American woman just like you, and you totally dissed her. Sorry, I don't have time to "help" anyone get a job. Your friends are lucky to have good jobs - you need to stop judging her when you don't even know her.

By the way, my wife does work - its just sad that her choices are being limited by the fact that our "guests" have to be babied so they won't have to learn the language of their "host".

I wasnt putting your wife down, I was simply saying that instead of point fingers for your "problem", why not spend the energy on a solution. Like getting a better job...

BTW, check out that link that I provided, that site has helped me and my friends out with a lot...

Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:07 PM on j-body.org
I don't get mad about it because there is really nothing that can be done about it. The only thing that bothers me really is the gang violence that comes along with SOME of the immigrants that come here. The gang MS-13 has recently sureged here in Houston with LOTS of violence against Houstonians.
Anyway, I think that there should be tighter security along the borders to prevent illegal immigrants from entering the United States. I feel that some legislation should be put in place for those who are illegal and birth children here should not be allowed citizenship because their child was bor in the United States, but rather deported back to Mexico, or wherever they came from. America should put Americans first, bottom line.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:47 PM on j-body.org
By the way official rule on official langauge, It was gonna be German at Ben Franklins request, But decided to let whatever you want to speak , But English is the "unofficial language"

JBP Built 2.4
250HP
230FT
Dont race
But dont push it
Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:14 PM on j-body.org
ich bin der mutter fikker

I look at it like this:

set the minimum wage to be that which one pwerson can get a roof over their head (not posh, but adequate), food on the table (enough to be healthy but not beef wellington), and eough to do whatever the mass form of commuting is to get back anf forth to work. That's not too much to ask for ANY race. Anything more--supporting families, kids, wife, premo cars, et al--that's luxury, and you better have some marketable skills.

Again, making minimum wage enough to be a livable wage for a single person isn't too much to ask--for LEGAL immigrants.

for illegals, do what you will with them...i'm not touching that--it's a political quagmire...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:44 PM on j-body.org
I have NO problem with peopel wanting to come here and make a better life....

However.... I do have a problem with ILLEGAL immigrants. Come here legally, or don't do it at all. I think comming here illegally is blatent disrespect. And yeah WTF is up with setting aside all that money for ILLEGAL immigrants??? I don't have health insurance either... because I can't afford it.

I do acknowledge that LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants do take a lot of jobs americans wouldn't... and that's fine. IF you're here LEGALLY.

Learn English. Heck I've gotten turned down for jobs because I can't speak Spanish fluently. Learn English... or get out.

Like was said before... If I moved or immigrated over to.... let's say Finland. They wouldn't learn English just for me... I would have to adapt to them. That's what they need to do... adapt to us. I don't care if they want to keep their religion... or culture... but it's wrong for us to have to learn spanish because they decided to come here... illegally or legally.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing but respect for those who do come here legally and learn to speak the language and work for what they want. It's just not fair for them to get all this free help... when there's PLENTY of Americans here that work hard for what they have and just need a little help here and there... but can't get it.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:21 PM on j-body.org
Alexander, it is you who appear to be a dumb ass.

At what point did I say that I had failed in life and had a bad job?

I have a great job as a graphic designer and a growing side business selling custom carbon fiber parts. I also own an online wargame accessory company.

I probably COULD afford health insurance - I just think its bull@!#$ that I have to pay for it and ILLEGAL CRIMINALS get theirs free.

You should be proud of your father - he did things the way he was SUPPOSED to. He learned English and then proceeded to provide a better life for you and your family than he would have had in South America (I am certainly nor ignorant - I'll bet my geography is much better than yours any day).

I am not talking about people like your father - I am talking about illegals. I am talking about people who shouldn't be here, who refuse to accustom themselves to MY country, and who are given EVERYTHING while I do without.

And if it wasn't for us "lazy Americans" who gabe your father that opportunity, your ass would be sitting in the middle of a turf war between some cartel or another in Colombia or forced to harvest coca plants at gunpoint.

How dare you insult Americans?

How dare YOU tell me not to work on my car and educate myself? You have no idea who I am or what my education is.

Next time, try to think about what you want to say before getting into a conversation and making a fool of yourself.

NOW I know why you people call this the WAR FORUM. Hell yeah - I love a good fight and there's no mods to protect the weak!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:23 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, I got 2 typos up there - not a sign of being uneducated, its just that I was typing fast out of being pissed off.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:57 PM on j-body.org
My biggest gripe is the lack of security of the southern border. I don't like the fact that fricikn' anyone can just crawl through a fence, or wade across a river. It's not so much the Mexicans (which BTW receive waaay to much sympathy from the public and just mooch off of our handouts), but the potentially dangerous Arab terrorist scumbags that can easily come through in this fashion. Hell it was again just recently on the news. 2 Iraqi MF'rs that were crossing..WTF man. One of our greatest vulnerabilities in this country that if was to be exploited could open up the US to an even greater threat of terror. THough good ole Texas doucebag Bush doesn't do a damn thing about it. It's all talk. Put up or shut up. If another terrorist attack took place on US soil and was linked through the southern border, there would be no one to blame but our wonderful Presidnet. Think about that one folks

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/onlyatmidnight12/hurt.jpg

im a @!#$ pussy ass liar! i lied to my girlfriend over and over, sat around with her friends naked and stayed home downloading porn...she loved me and i hurt her...i deserve to be alone and unhappy...no wonder every girl i try to love leaves me...i suck.
Friday, July 01, 2005 4:28 AM on j-body.org
Dale Marks wrote:
Quote:

Do you know who you are talking about when you use the word spic? Puerto Ricans!

Yes I do, I'm talking about Mexicans, I don't care who you're talking about when you say it. If I wanna call someone from Canada a spic, then I'm still talking about someone from Canada.

Educate yourselves....will you call a black person a cracker? Will you call a Christian a Jew? Will you call a white person monkey?

Spic is a slang word used for Puerto Ricans, wetbacks is a slang used for Mexicans!

But hey, you wanna call a Canadian a spic? Go right ahead! Let people know how stupid you are!
Friday, July 01, 2005 5:07 AM on j-body.org
Blue Cav Customs wrote:Alexander, it is you who appear to be a dumb ass.

At what point did I say that I had failed in life and had a bad job?

I have a great job as a graphic designer and a growing side business selling custom carbon fiber parts. I also own an online wargame accessory company.

I probably COULD afford health insurance - I just think its bull@!#$ that I have to pay for it and ILLEGAL CRIMINALS get theirs free.

You should be proud of your father - he did things the way he was SUPPOSED to. He learned English and then proceeded to provide a better life for you and your family than he would have had in South America (I am certainly nor ignorant - I'll bet my geography is much better than yours any day).

I am not talking about people like your father - I am talking about illegals. I am talking about people who shouldn't be here, who refuse to accustom themselves to MY country, and who are given EVERYTHING while I do without.

And if it wasn't for us "lazy Americans" who gabe your father that opportunity, your ass would be sitting in the middle of a turf war between some cartel or another in Colombia or forced to harvest coca plants at gunpoint.

How dare you insult Americans?

How dare YOU tell me not to work on my car and educate myself? You have no idea who I am or what my education is.

Next time, try to think about what you want to say before getting into a conversation and making a fool of yourself.

NOW I know why you people call this the WAR FORUM. Hell yeah - I love a good fight and there's no mods to protect the weak!

Look man, heres the deal......are htese legal/illegal immigrants really affecting your way of life? Are they really stopping you and your wife from getting the things you need in life to produce, succeed and to live a happy life?

Am I better than you, are you better than me? I was born here, Boston, Ma in 1974. Throughout my whole life there has always been a problem with immigration. Illegals comming to the US taking jobs, populating many areas that once use to be a quiet, peacefull neighborhood.

My parents are great parents but nothing was ever given to me, now I wasn't the best student, an overachiever and my goals were vague all the way through high school. I joined the Marines in '93 and did something for myself. I attended college while in the Corp and when the service was over, I continued college to get my degree.

I know work for Pepco (you know who we are because you live in the area). I am a Distribution Engineer. I make a great living and I am able to support my wife and two kids comfortably. My wife is in Nursing school (shes Salvadorian) and will have a great career come 2 years.

Why is this happening to me, I am no better than you, I never make myself out to be better than anyone because i am not! So why aren't I angry like you? Why am I not complaining like you. What path have I chosed thats different than yours. We both had the same opportunities in life to do something productive. I am not saying in no way that you are not productive because from what you said about your career you can't just jump into something like what you do without certain skill. I know how it is to be a graphic designer. You probably do more designing than I do on a different level but I design jobs on Microstaion V8 every day.

So am I better than you, are you better than me? Why am I living my life comfartably without complaints and anger towards Illegal immigrants? Why are you so upset about it? If your doing what you love and you set out to be what you are then why complain?

Health insurance....I dont know anything about that industry...lol. But if your job does not offer health insurance then why not look for something that does? Hell, you can come here and design all you want and have full benefits if you want to (let me know because we have 2 openings....serious).

Now, someone mentioned that if they were to move to Finland then they would have to learn their language and that the people there would not lean English just for them. Well, do you know of any other country that is so diverse than the US? There is not one. Yeah other countries such as England may have a large population of India people but I dont think you can find a country other than the US that has a almost every single race and religion.

Sorry that your so upset about all this but you can change things in your life to suit your needs!
Friday, July 01, 2005 5:08 AM on j-body.org
I have ZERO problem with ANYONE coming to the United States through the proper legal channels.

If you come here illegally, then you are nothing more than a wetback that needs to go home.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search