Memorial Day Thanks - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Memorial Day Thanks
Sunday, May 29, 2005 10:40 PM on j-body.org
I want to thank everyone who has ever, currently or even knows someone who is serving this fine country of The United States of America!! Lets keep them in our hearts and on our minds each and every day we breathe. Without these individuals we would never know the Freedoms we know today. Go outside today and wave that wonderful Red White and Blue Flag for all of its True meaning. Remember the fallen, the missing and the living, for making some of lifes greatest sacrifices. God Bless!!

American Flag Fact Site

Re: Memorial Day Thanks
Monday, May 30, 2005 11:16 AM on j-body.org
Amen!

Determination to be wise is the first step toward becoming wise.
Monday, May 30, 2005 3:32 PM on j-body.org
lets not forget our civil servants at home also. most people only complain aboot how cops are there making their life miserable but no one complains when they get some help from the police. so give a good 'ol american thumbs up to law enforcement and firefighters too.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:45 AM on j-body.org
...and paramedics for that matter

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, July 01, 2005 7:01 PM on j-body.org
bringing back a dead horse instead of making a new thread.

anyways thanks to all of you that had relatives that fought for us in the revolutionary war, i am unsure if any of my family did, if so they disgrace their nation later with their views on equality, but to those still serving keep it going.

that includes soldiers, marines (sorry saint i was a soldier not a marine so they come first), police, paramedics, firfighters, and anyone else you don't appreciate until they don't do something for you.

don't get picky that it is independence day and everyone is thanked either

Memorial Day Thanks
Friday, July 01, 2005 7:46 PM on j-body.org
Once again let us not forget the true reason we're celebrating the 4th of July....Independence! While you're out setting off fireworks, watching an amazing pyrotechnic display, eating cookout foods and enjoying great company of family and friends Remember how we got here. Even though there are so many things that are screwed up in this country Never forget that your right to bitch was fought to the death for you. Love where you live or live somewhere else!

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:12 PM on j-body.org
How about instead of the futile "love it or leave it" ideal that is not only myopic but ignorant in the extreme, why not: "Leave it better than when you came into it"?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:27 PM on j-body.org
Yeah that came out kinda wrong on my behalf! Sometimes I just get fed up with people who bitch and moan about how they hate America. Sometimes I just want them to love it as much as I do and to understand what America really is and then sometimes Im ready to buy their plane ticket to anywhere they want, since they hate it here so much.

But anyhow, sorry that came out wrong and I totally agree with you about leaving it (it being nearly everything) better than when you got here. That has always been a practice in my family thanks to my Dad.

Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:25 AM on j-body.org
Loving your country is the idea... some people get crabby for one reason or another and just gripe to have something to gripe about.

If there is something THAT wrong with the country, fix it, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

I wasn't ragging on you personally, I do get frustrated with people that drag out that archaic statement thinking it'll end all discussion (it will in most cases, except when I'm in earshot ), instead of realising that some people have well-founded issues with their Gov't, and others think there's no problem.

Anyhow..

Anyone got any plans for this 4th? I might play hookey and go to watertown NY for a bit but I'm not sure yet.

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:03 AM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:lets not forget our civil servants at home also. most people only complain aboot how cops are there making their life miserable but no one complains when they get some help from the police. so give a good 'ol american thumbs up to law enforcement and firefighters too.

SOOO.. what if im a cop and serving at the same time.?

And by the way, the term Marine has its first letter caped.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, July 02, 2005 6:22 AM on j-body.org
TaetschZ24 wrote:
ToBoGgAn wrote:lets not forget our civil servants at home also. most people only complain aboot how cops are there making their life miserable but no one complains when they get some help from the police. so give a good 'ol american thumbs up to law enforcement and firefighters too.

SOOO.. what if im a cop and serving at the same time.?

And by the way, the term Marine has its first letter caped.

Chris

i don't capitalize, soldier should also have a capital s

and btw question marks don't come after periods

also here is a "caped" m

Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:15 AM on j-body.org
Oooh... that's gotta be a bit deflating.

Taesch: Capitalised is the word, or upper-case. If you say capped, there's likely to be an image shack thumbnail with an M and a yankees cap hanging off it.

Saturday, July 02, 2005 11:08 AM on j-body.org
I think Im just gonna be hanging out with the family at my Bros. house this year. My girl is in Cali so fireworks just wont be quite as exciting as usual without her around!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search