I have never seen gas prices... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I have never seen gas prices...
Thursday, January 25, 2007 2:25 PM on j-body.org
I was just in Florida for three weeks and gas prices were 2.39/gallon when I left (1/23/07). When I came back to Michigan (1/24/07) gas prices are 1.99/gallon. I think that colder states have lower gas prices because of the "warm" weather and people are not using as much oil as they normally do. Hence the global warming @!#$s. People complain when oil is high but the weather is warm and then people complain that global warming is happening but the oil is down. Can't there be any median??

dan

Thursday, January 25, 2007 5:19 PM on j-body.org
here in richmond , ky its $1.89 for unleaded at one place, and right down the street its $2.19 been like that for a few days

*~*Andrea*~*
Thursday, January 25, 2007 5:59 PM on j-body.org
so i got a little too greedy. Last week the lowest I saw was $1.81. I was like... nahhh i'll wait till its in the $1.70's. today it was $2.18.

Friday, January 26, 2007 3:38 PM on j-body.org
Was 1.79 but then went up to 1.87 yesterday. I'm going to wait a bit and see if it drops again. Wal-Mart does a thing where if you buy with your gift card you get 3 cents off per gallon.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Saturday, February 10, 2007 8:17 AM on j-body.org
when hurricane ivan hit here in north florida we were paying 3.99 a gallon plus wating in line 2 hours to get it

Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:18 AM on j-body.org
I pay about 3.80 (CDN) a gallon. I hear a lot of whining aboot nothing.

And we EXPORT oil.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 8:39 PM on j-body.org
$1.99 here in bartlesville, OK, wish i was near james in norman so i can get it for 1.87!!!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:49 PM on j-body.org
here on pei its 1.09 a liter (canadian) and is going up at the end of the week

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:03 AM on j-body.org
Wow the topic that never dies lol. $2.49/gal. here. I'd be perfectly happy with it staying at $2.50/gal. though, heck of alot better than $3.00+/gal.

Friday, March 16, 2007 8:25 PM on j-body.org
Just a twist on the issue and that is a gallon of milk averages 3.50-4.00 dollars a gallon.Now granted it will not run your ride but,in comparison what we are paying for fuel is a great buy for the gallon.I would prefer a lower cost as anyone would but,the reality is while the usa is very dependent on other countries to provide us additional fuel/oil for our use we will be subjected to constant price change.Granted I might buy gas every 2wks being I drive my tractor trlr as my daily it cost me zero company cost and gratefull for that end of the deal.Fuel prices vary based on demand and with summer approaching prices will ride the roller coaster up/down so just expect it.We all will see this until the usa utilizes the resources it has and open new refineries which has not been done in over 30yrs and fill the need for our consumption.It really boils down to that.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:28 AM on j-body.org
there was talk of a big surplus for the summer so prices would come down or stay where they were at
then the prices went up about 40 cents and i heard it was because there was a shortage
wtf, there never is a shortage, @!#$ bs

Saturday, March 17, 2007 7:24 AM on j-body.org
highest ive ever seen here in Indiana was about $3.13 (why it's so high here I have no idea) but lately its been bouncing from about $1.80 to about $2.20, but the lowest ive seen here was about $1.30 that was a truly great day lol
Saturday, March 17, 2007 10:46 AM on j-body.org
lowest in janesville wi has been 1.99 gallon

Saturday, March 17, 2007 10:54 AM on j-body.org
i remember when we used to drive around looking for the 97 cent stations instead of 99 cents....the good ol days lol

http://www.gadomestics.com/

Saturday, March 17, 2007 9:02 PM on j-body.org
Well back in the day of when I bought my new 87 mazda cabplus pu gas was typically 85-90 cents a gallons I am sure we won't see those days again.And btw I still have the truck with only 185,000 on it.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:45 AM on j-body.org
99.9 per liter here. I'm sure it'll go up to 1.25+ this year. I try not to think of it as more money spent on gas, I like to think of it as motivation to get some exercise .

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:10 PM on j-body.org
I can remember back in 01 when I got my first car it was like 1.25 a gallon...

Is it bad when Im only 21 and I can remember "the good ole days"????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe Im just pissed, pissed that my freinds are spineless, What else would you
call abandoment some night, when you're in a fight, and they could make things right?
Spineless. I miss some of my old friends, the ones who you could count on,
bet a huge amount on, the fact that they'd always have your back... Its like a kick in
the sack, just knowing, you've got nothing to fall back on. @!#$ this, Im done.
Monday, March 26, 2007 7:35 AM on j-body.org
I can remeber back to '97 when it was less than $1.00/gallon for 87 octane. So unless it gets back to that level, gas is expensive.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, March 26, 2007 7:44 AM on j-body.org
I can remember when it was 30 cents a litre... when I was 11.. in 1988....

Friday, March 30, 2007 1:53 PM on j-body.org
ooooohhh i can remember in the early 80's i believe during the gas wards when it was down to 25 cents a gallon. woo hooo generally speaking most things increase in price over time (most) so if your expecting gas to ever get cheaper dont hold your breath.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 30, 2007 3:32 PM on j-body.org
yes its called inflation, problem being is that wages dont increase as fast as inflation does, so therefore at some point we will have another depression cuz basic needs will cost more than the majority of americans can afford

Friday, March 30, 2007 4:11 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Exactly..

It's been about 15 years since the last real recession (or 2 consecutive quarters of prolonged downwards trading, I forget the technical term for a depression, but I believe it's 5 consecutive quarters of net losses) and i think I saw a while ago that the average working salary has only been raised 10-11 percent, but cost of living has gone up 38%, and inflation has gone up about 47%.

Friday, March 30, 2007 7:43 PM on j-body.org
last recession was when bush first got into office. that was only 6 years ago.

depression sounds about right i was thinking it was 4 or 5 quarters

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:53 AM on j-body.org
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:yes its called inflation, problem being is that wages dont increase as fast as inflation does, so therefore at some point we will have another depression cuz basic needs will cost more than the majority of americans can afford
I wouldn't call what happened to gas prices over the years inflation. I mean yes inflation has occured to everything - but the % increase in gas prices over the years I've been driving have greatly dwarfed the price increases of everything else. Gas price increases have kept well above the general inflation curve. If other things where nearly as bad as gas has been I'd probably be paying roughly $15 for a 12 pack of Mountain Dew by now.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:10 AM on j-body.org
Funny.. I was driving a 68 Camaro in 1988 and I don't remember $.30/L... I do remember paying $.38 to $.42 though. the $.42/L was no later than 1989. I still spent most of my cash on gas, but I drove a gas guzzler about 30 miles each way to work... SO there ya go. That car was no friend to the gas buget, but I still miss it.

paid $1.118/L on my last fill.. Mid-grade (91). That's a bit steep if you ask me.

PAX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search