I have never seen gas prices... - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I have never seen gas prices...
Sunday, August 03, 2008 4:09 PM on j-body.org
Lets put Cat's on Cows, they release methane!.....oh, waste, the tree huggers wanted to do something like that in the 90's!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 4:58 AM on j-body.org
Why the @!#$ are you people not bitching about the prices going down!

bitch away!

(still driving my GTO!)

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 5:05 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Why the @!#$ are you people not bitching about the prices going down!

bitch away!

(still driving my GTO!)

Chris

agreed.

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 5:15 AM on j-body.org
i dont really give a damn about he price of oil.

we should be looking for other, cleaner sources of energy and not fighting about 17th century technology. it is old and like most old things it is @!#$ done.

and to the guy that said it IS a renewable source of energy, tell that to the middle east.

again, end of discussion.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:35 AM on j-body.org
Read.

Chris

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:46 PM on j-body.org
this doesnt prove anything.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 5:49 PM on j-body.org
OK!

Chris

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:42 PM on j-body.org
so we should keep using gas till we have to move to another planet?

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:04 PM on j-body.org
Why not!

Earth first, we can mine the other planets latter!

Chris

Thursday, October 09, 2008 6:30 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Oil prices will be close to 80 a barrel by the end of this year, thats the road we're on, think im crazy...

Anyone else find a little irony in this quote from 3 years ago, now that we're on the other side of it, watching the prices fall back towards $80/barrell?

I hadn't seen this thread before yesterday, and when I saw the above quote on page 4, not knowing the original statement was made 3 years ago, I first thought we had a clairvoyant among us, until I read it again and realized it had to be significantly older than July when T2 quoted it.

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:14 PM on j-body.org
2.49 for 93 Octane..... Still driving the GTO......

Chris

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:30 AM on j-body.org
its around 2 bucks here, and last i heard oil was down in the 65 dollar range.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:54 AM on j-body.org
last night i saw a gas station by the interstate selling it for $1.86/gal. i simultaneously almost cried and @!#$ myself.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:57 AM on j-body.org
I'm still up about $2.75 here in NOVA. you all suck.

I'll eventually take the time to put something here. I swear.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:16 PM on j-body.org
at its worst it was almost 4 a gallon for 87 here in virginia , now its 1.84
dont count on it lasting tho, remember the apocalypse is still scheduled for 2012
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:08 AM on j-body.org
Just saw $2.13 in the next town over from me yesterday. I'm sure we'll see it drop below $2 in a week or so.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:11 AM on j-body.org
ScreamingBanana wrote:at its worst it was almost 4 a gallon for 87 here in virginia , now its 1.84
dont count on it lasting tho, remember the apocalypse is still scheduled for 2012

it wont last long. as soon as this recession is over the gas will double or maybe even triple its current price. mark my words.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:33 AM on j-body.org
Its suposed to be going up back to 100/b in the comming months...trust me opec isnt liking his lol. I personally think the prices should just stay up. And us canadians pay alot more then you do.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:59 PM on j-body.org
Congrats!

I say we trade with the hogies, bushel for a barrel.

or we start punching holes here.

Chris

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:10 PM on j-body.org
Philly D wrote:I personally think the prices should just stay up.

.........why? do you have stock in the oil companies?

and doesnt 90% of your population live within 100 miles of the us border? and you have less people which gives you less buying power. so you buy less gas and use less gas daily. thats why you pay more for it.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:05 PM on j-body.org
In theory, if this trend continues the the prices of all goods and services should drop - since fuel is a major factor in all areas of our economy. I haven't seen this happen yet and I would understand if it doesn't until this becomes a long term trend, but eventually it should happen. If prices stay like this for a long time it will provide a bigger boost to the economy than Washington DC could ever hope to provide in 100 years.

Considering the drive I have between work and home, this is already like getting a decent pay raise. I actually have something to spend!!

Funny though that I read somewhere that SUV sales have had a sudden spike in response to the drop in prices. Americans really do have the memory span of a gnat...

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:16 PM on j-body.org
1.99 here in la around 25 to fill my cav...not looking forward for it rising
Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:03 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:Funny though that I read somewhere that SUV sales have had a sudden spike in response to the drop in prices. Americans really do have the memory span of a gnat...

isnt that the truth. ugh...more suvs
*shakes head*

Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:00 AM on j-body.org
Its 1.86 here in champaign illinois, been under 2 bucks for almost 2 weeks now

Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:04 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:
Bastardking3000 wrote:Funny though that I read somewhere that SUV sales have had a sudden spike in response to the drop in prices. Americans really do have the memory span of a gnat...

isnt that the truth. ugh...more suvs
*shakes head*

Sounds about right.

Some people have no foresight.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search