I have never seen gas prices... - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I have never seen gas prices...
Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:11 PM on j-body.org
regulate fuel here in the states. let the government handle it and we would not pay outrageous prices.....on that note i paid 2.29 the other day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:11 PM

Monday, November 17, 2008 6:11 PM on j-body.org
1.99 here in Aberdeen SD

Thanx Charles
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:33 AM on j-body.org
Gutty96 wrote:
(tabs) wrote:
Bastardking3000 wrote:Funny though that I read somewhere that SUV sales have had a sudden spike in response to the drop in prices. Americans really do have the memory span of a gnat...

isnt that the truth. ugh...more suvs
*shakes head*

Sounds about right.

Some people have no foresight.

or hindsight. and thats supposed to be 20/20

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:55 PM on j-body.org
Start punching holes in the ground, we wont have to worry about it going back up.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, November 22, 2008 12:58 AM on j-body.org
Gas here has gone down to about 2.98$ a gallon from a high of 5.68$ this summer. 2.98$ CND is about right for gas here, I've been driving since 1988 and I've never seen it much lower than that since 1996 or so.

I've kind of found this thread amusing since "normal" to me is about what I'm paying now and even with a V8 I could afford it easy. Even this summer when gas was high I could still afford it, though I had to be more careful for long trips.

Personally, I've always thought that using a V8 car as a daily driver is a waste. You drive an econobox to shop for groceries and keep the ponycar for a fair weather driver.

I'm still thinking of buying a Challenger R/T, although I'll wait a bit to find out if Chrysler will become a brand of candy bar by next year first, but if I did you can bet that I'd keep the Sunfire as my regular car. Why waste gas and risk door dings just to go to work? It's pointless.
Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:05 AM on j-body.org
after i fixed my TOB, i drove the GTO every day for 6 weeks, it would average 20-22 MPG....

and getting @!#$ty in a corner was just fun!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:30 AM on j-body.org
I pay 1.79 for gas the last time I filled up around a week ago. Its great just 40 more cents to go down and this @!#$pocalypse will be over

Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:14 PM on j-body.org
Here in Northern NJ
Regular (87): As low as $1.57
Premium (92): $1.99

Regular gas is now cheaper than it was when i started driving.

2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged Coupe (2500 Miles)
2001 Chevy Cavalier Coupe (SOLD) (86,000 Miles)
1989 Ford Bronco 5.8L 351W (107,000 Miles)
Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:20 AM on j-body.org
Every time i hear on the radio about some good poor economy car, "with gas prices we have theses days"

makes me LOL in the car.

punch holes in the states and bring it down lower\make money exporting it!

Chris

Sunday, December 07, 2008 11:38 PM on j-body.org
Tonight I paid $1.51/gal 89 octane. Cheapest I have paid since high school (2002ish)

Monday, December 08, 2008 12:56 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Every time i hear on the radio about some good poor economy car, "with gas prices we have theses days"

makes me LOL in the car.

punch holes in the states and bring it down lower\make money exporting it!

Chris
You know darn well as it has been pointed out - that our reserves (for which we aren't using many that are cleared for drilling today) are insufficient to have a noticeable impact on prices. Its not like we are sitting on Middle East Part 2(unless you are including oil shale - once technology gets to where it is cheaper to extract).

And even then, if we started drilling everywhere possible in US territory, its not gonna be producing anywhere near capacity for years. Just doesn't work that way - any more than you can fix all that is wrong in Iraq within a weekend.

But at least I'm glad that you are here to provide simple solutions to complex problems.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Monday, December 08, 2008 4:24 AM on j-body.org
If we had that "it wont help for years, so why try" mentality 10 years ago, would it not help,,,, Oh IDN

NOW?

Chris

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 6:02 AM on j-body.org
today I paid $1.37 for 87

we need to stop depending on oil to run our cars. drill drill drill is not the answer. how about Natural Gas or make electric cars. what's the hold up?
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 4:09 PM on j-body.org
Do we not have to "drill" for Natural gas?

Chris

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 4:31 PM on j-body.org
$1.59 for 87 and $1.82 for the premium down here... I can at least afford to drive my G now
keep going down !!!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:45 PM on j-body.org
lol @ OPEC cutting production to try and raise the price of oil, yet the price dropped.

@!#$ you OPEC

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:11 PM on j-body.org
I say we open up Alaska, and put opec out of business, and start making some money for ourselves

Chris

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:10 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:I say we open up Alaska, and put opec out of business, and start making some money for ourselves

Chris
404 - sufficient oil not found. Will not put OPEC out of business. Seriously. Department of Energy website - research for yourself. The oil we are not currently tapping is not enough to make any noticeable difference. Its a feel-good-like-we-are-making-a-difference issue. If you had all the oil drills and supporting infrastructure set up and ready today, that oil being pumped wouldn't make a 2 cent/gallon difference.

Open it and the most likely case is that oil companies would just hold the rights to the area and sit on them - like they do many other spots they could drill yesterday - in order to drive market prices up.

Now if we invest into more research that makes oil shale extraction cheaper, the US and Canada could put OPEC out of business for real. We could be totally self sufficient and export a ton. With oil prices this low combined with our economy however, motivation to do so is lacking. Same with alternative fuels. We need to press on despite this, because prices are not gonna stay this low forever, and its better that we prepare for that day than get hit by it yet again with our pants down.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the

Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:07 PM on j-body.org
Have you ever been there?

Strange how the people up there, like in prudu bay its self, say there producing less then 1/8 what they could.

The pipe line is hindering them.

"But the poor caribou!"

LOL

I don't believe its the oil company's that our out for control....... That would be what the government is for\doing.

anyways.

Get to Drilling!

Chris

Thursday, January 01, 2009 11:48 AM on j-body.org
Anyways.

it went down after the holidays not too.

how about this as a custom license plate

FUOPEC

?

Chris

Saturday, January 03, 2009 11:21 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:how about this as a custom license plate

FUOPEC

?

It would only be appropriate on an electric car. Amusing on a Tesla roadster, maybe.

Monday, January 12, 2009 5:18 PM on j-body.org
"It would be appropriate on ANY CAR!!!!"
Fuel car because people are paying the price and electric car because they're not.
Monday, January 12, 2009 8:32 PM on j-body.org
So, with the threat of us not drilling our own oil, prices are going up!

Thank you osoma!

Chris

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:08 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:So, with the threat of us not drilling our own oil, prices are going up!

Thank you osoma!

Chris
With that silly line of thinking, I could just as easily say gas prices dropped when Obama's victory seemed more and more certain. I could do that, but it would be silly since it is obviously coincidental.

Prices are on the rise because OPEC is dealing up massive supply cut after supply cut. It helps to research these things. Prices only went down because demand dropped below supply, so OPEC is cutting supply. Saw that coming a mine away.

As a side note - if the economy recovers, expect gas prices to skyrocket again(as demand increases again). So if Obama does well, you will be able to legitimately thank him for gas prices rising.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:41 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:

As a side note - if the economy recovers, expect gas prices to skyrocket again(as demand increases again). So if Obama does well, you will be able to legitimately thank him for gas prices rising.

you do realize that the demand never got up enough to cause the prices to go up as high as they did. In all actuality the demand started going down way before the price of oil got up so high. The reason behind the prices sky rocketing was the big banks like JP Morgan was using the oil market to make money causing a fake demand increase. Then they were selling it off before taking delivery. Notice the banks started getting in trouble they started selling off, which in turn made the value bottom out on oil. If the government would watch the futures market alittle bit better it would keep them from doing business like that if the economy ever rights itself.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search