Why is my car dissed more than Si? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why is my car dissed more than Si?
Monday, July 11, 2005 9:33 PM on j-body.org
LOL at calling the mazda and the nissan's RELIABLE...dude

i LOVE (REPEAT LOVE) the nissan rx7's, every generationa nd i love the Twin turbo nissan 300's Both of which are probably the most unreliable sports cars ever made.

do you know why mazda stop making rotary's originally? cause they couldn't keep them from going KABOOM!!! same thing with nissan and the 300zs that is why both the rx8's ad te nissan 350's have totally changed their motors.

now don't get me wrong the nissan 240 is a great car...however the american versions are anything special until alot of work is done to them.

however comparing a 240, a 300, a 350 or an RX7 to a cavalier is like comparing a pencil and paper to a computer...totally different tools that CAN do the same thing.

Monday, July 11, 2005 9:40 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]A couple of mistruths explained:

Any car can be a "hot rod" iof enough money is dropped into it.

and no matter how "bad" you think your/someone elses' car is--it could ALWAYS be worse.

Thy Keeper has spoken.

i can't ever call a civic a hotrod

around here on long island in ny everyone i know hates on civics....... aall the civic owners around here are fans of the "dumb and the curious" movies heheehe

before my s/c'er blew i was killing civic si's with my 2200 2.2

oh well i am on thhe hhunt now for a 2000 z28 camaro or ss...... time to get something that can be called a hotrod

Monday, July 11, 2005 9:48 PM on j-body.org
hey i'm currently working on a 454 67 camaro and a flathead 53 ford(possibly going to put a buick fireball motor in it instead) a 88honda prelude adn my 96 cavalier. and i liked the fast and furious movies.

not just civic lovers liked them.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:25 AM on j-body.org
sinrocker wrote:oh well i am on thhe hhunt now for a 2000 z28 camaro or ss...... time to get something that can be called a hotrod

again, not a hot rod. ever.

muslce sports car i would call a 4th gen f body.

-Borsty
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:58 AM on j-body.org
John Doherty wrote:Well, s*it, god forbid I don't know what kind of engine an ENTIRE line of cars had... I was under the impression that the RX-7 and RX-8 only had them, and thats why they stood out.

problem is, deary, there's more to th RX7 than just the third gen TT. they went through 3 motor revisions(starting with the 12a, going to the 13b, then the 13bt, THEN the 13bTT) before they came up with that little firestarter of an engine. just making a point - before you say something you believe to be fact, doublecheck yourself.

Pretjah wrote:do you know why mazda stop making rotary's originally? cause they couldn't keep them from going KABOOM!!!

they should have just kept the n/a 12A or first gen 13B. my 7 had 220k miles on the original seals on the first gen 13B...she died shortly after, but how many 13btt owners can say that? they have to rebuild every 40-60k miles(give or take), and that's assuming they haven't overheated.

i WILL say this, though. the Japanese managed to avoid the fires caused by the proximity of the turbos to each other. manymany folks over there had the second turbo removed, and upgraded to a larger turbo(with better cooling). the only reason the motor busts seals is from heat...it's notorious for overheating like a mofo. with just one turbo and much better cooling, you've got a car that WILL live out its full lifespan.

unfortunately(or fortunately, depending on your perspective), i see a LOT of 7 owners shedding their rotary engine and going with a chebby turbo V6 or 350/LS1/LT1. while that's a great concept, as it bumps gas mileage and reliability, it's just not the same

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 3:06 AM on j-body.org
oh...to clarify for the masses...

12a was the motor used through the 70s into 1985(and was used in all trim levels but the GSL-SE). in 1985 they introduced the 13b, which had larger rotors/housings, and better power output. in around 1987/88 they decided to toss a turbo on it, and the 13bt was born...this wasn't available in every trim level. through the second gen line, the 13bt was faster, though it had NASTY turbo lag - you can feel it just going up a hill. it's still much more fun than the n/a 13b, and cars that came with it looked pretty slick with the offset hood scoop. enter the 3rd gen(don't remember the year, it's too early)...stick a second turbo on it, and the 13bTT was born. slick looking - this is the car Vin Diesel drove in F&F, and it's the first image most people have when they think RX7...but, they're fire hazards on wheels. talk to ANY 3rd gen owner, and there's a very good chance they've had a fire at least once in the life of the car.

k, that should explain it a little better...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:09 PM on j-body.org
I've seen older model RX-7's and I've seen the one from F&F before too. I never knew they went through so many revisions. Kinda cool though. I gotta warn my brother about the RX-7 now, lol. He's looking into buying one of the twin turbo ones.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:43 PM on j-body.org
tell him to find a rolling chassis(no motor, solid body, etc) and stick an LS1 into it.

www.wrongmotor.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:34 PM on j-body.org
yeah if he's building it strictly to race that's the way to go...however even though the Rx7's have a horrible track record with durability i still love to get a 600-700 hp rotary in one!!!
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:38 PM on j-body.org
why would someone go through 4 transmissions? seems like a build quality issue to me

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:40 PM on j-body.org
uhh...a 2-rotor with that kind of power is NOT a safe vehicle for normal street use....

unless you feel like rebuilding every couple of years

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:27 AM on j-body.org
Pretjah wrote:Both of which are probably the most unreliable sports cars ever made.

Apparently you don't know about DSMs then.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 3:14 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:why would someone go through 4 transmissions? seems like a build quality issue to me

you didn't read my response, did you? they are CRAPPY transmissions.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:09 AM on j-body.org
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:
Pretjah wrote:Both of which are probably the most unreliable sports cars ever made.

Apparently you don't know about DSMs then.

Neither do you. I have been driving DSMs for 9 years with a singal signifigant failure. It's all in the maitanence, and in having some understanding of how turbo systems work. If you don't overboost and beat the crap out of a DSM they are just as reliable or moreso than the average car. They are very well built, you just have to do your part as an owner. Most DSMs that are failing out there have been abused. Very, very few cars can handle that level of abuse. Think about how people double the output without doing any supporting mods.. That's usually the reason for a failure. A bone stock DSM is very reliable.

PAX
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:47 AM on j-body.org
lol dsm's are like rocks compared to rx7's and 300's
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:03 AM on j-body.org
for everyone how says its an ecobox p.o.s. there right it is. but what do you think the
nova was or how about the mailbu ( of the 60's ) they were both considered small
cars that were built for economy. now look at them there legends. will our cars be
legends..... prob. not. but its at least nice to know one day in 40 years they could be.
especialy if the greeny weenie tree hugers get there way we'll all be putting around in
20 hp battery powered golfcarts made of recycled how knows what. gives me chills just thinking about it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 2:55 PM on j-body.org
falnfenix wrote:
exodus 259 wrote:RX-8 on his 4th transmission...? My LeSabre only had 2 transmissions, and I pushed that thing for 164,000 miles before I sold it!!! Either he has a broken car from the getgo, or he just drives the thing like a jerk, lo.

no - the RX8 tranny is weak.

exodus 259 wrote:The only rotary powered Mazda's are the twin turbo RX-7 and the RX-8 as far as I know, lol

you're a rather...unknowledgeable...person. everything in the RX line, from the RX2 to the RX8 has had a rotary. so has the Cosmo and the VERY rare Japan-only rotory truck. i'm probably one of the few on this site who knows that car/engine rather well...so definitely educate yourself before you yoink "facts" out of your nether regions

WAY TO SET HIM STRAIGHT..................oooh and can I be included in that little Mazda/Rotary knowledge club????

Laura, a technician at my work just got done putting a "race ported" 13b in a 2000 Miata.That joker flys.

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:35 PM on j-body.org
whoa.

i want to seeeeeeee it. canicanicani?

Friday, July 15, 2005 6:30 AM on j-body.org
um sorry i didnt know this was about mazdas i thought it had to do with our cars.
my bad.

Friday, July 15, 2005 6:43 AM on j-body.org
it's a forum for DISCUSSING things.

why can't a conversation evolve?

Friday, July 15, 2005 7:00 AM on j-body.org
i don't know why cant it . i was only kidding

Friday, July 15, 2005 11:31 AM on j-body.org
the one thing I hate is ppl dissing my car because its a GM. For example some guy came by, hes one of our customers, hes a veteran and only drives old dodge caravans. He told my dad that I made a mistake buying a Cavalier because GM puts alot of @!#$ty electronics in their cars and that I will have problems, I was pissed when I heard that. I think he was kinda hinting that I should of got a Neon but I disagree Neons are garbage Cavaliers are 200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better cars than Neons.

As for the imports they can't realise that its all about the numbers, sure maybe their made a little bit better but thats not usually the case. For example the number of american cars is really large vs imports this means there are more problems with the domestics and your gonna be hearing more and more complaints. This will probably change soon Toyota's and Honda's quality will fall because more and more people are buying them and they are mass producin more of them. I know for a fact that our 2003 Toyota Sienna isn't a perfect car as most import owners claim. I also know that in Japan alot of people drive Toyotas or Hondas (domestics for them) because they are cheap, easy to maintain, but they buy american/european cars because they are looking for reliablility and less problems.
Friday, July 15, 2005 12:00 PM on j-body.org
All a bunch of retards, this is one big infinite loop.
Friday, July 15, 2005 12:01 PM on j-body.org
mmmh i like my cavalier alot..but it's not anything close to the neon srt sorry man.

and next time he busts on GM laugh at the caravan's transmission record!
Friday, July 15, 2005 12:01 PM on j-body.org
hey jacob next time the old fart with the caravan says jack about your car ask him how many axles hes been thru, or transmissions. hell just point out to him that dodge,
chrysler,plymouth was on the verg of becoming extint untill the were bought out by a
( gasp ) forign company. the lines between import and domestic are so blured now
its hard to tell whats built where. bmws come from cali so do must mercedes.
toyota doesn't import cars here anymore they're all built down south except the
land rover thats still imported. honda, mazda,lexus, hell even some porsches are made right here in the u.s.a. ( so much for german precision )

do you guys know what the top rated car is right now? a freakin hyundia!!!!
and there built in korea. tell that to the numbnutz in the minivan and watch the sparks fly from his ears.

btw most v.w.'s come from mexico.... again so much for german precision, its more
like paco's precision.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search