Why is my car dissed more than Si? - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why is my car dissed more than Si?
Friday, July 15, 2005 1:19 PM on j-body.org
Jacob B wrote:As for the imports they can't realise that its all about the numbers, sure maybe their made a little bit better but thats not usually the case. For example the number of american cars is really large vs imports this means there are more problems with the domestics and your gonna be hearing more and more complaints. This will probably change soon Toyota's and Honda's quality will fall because more and more people are buying them and they are mass producin more of them. I know for a fact that our 2003 Toyota Sienna isn't a perfect car as most import owners claim. I also know that in Japan alot of people drive Toyotas or Hondas (domestics for them) because they are cheap, easy to maintain, but they buy american/european cars because they are looking for reliablility and less problems.

deary, you're pulling info out of your posterior. toyota corollas, which are in the same class as the cavalier, have far better performance records. my first corolla died ONLY because it was smooshed into the back of a subaru. it had no issues whatsoever in the 6 years i had it, and i drove that poor car into the ground. i abused the crap out of it - oil changes every 10k miles, etc - and i didn't need to replace ANYTHING. for how many third gen cavaliers can you say the same?

pirates kick ninja asses, f00

Friday, July 15, 2005 4:33 PM on j-body.org
yes I agree but take a count at how many cavaliers there are vs corollas the number of cavaliers is greater, thus more problems, there are people on this board that have not had any major issues with their cavaliers and they swear by them.
Friday, July 15, 2005 7:52 PM on j-body.org
heh

the same goes for the corolla fanatics.

however, lets look at facts...more spefically, numbers. corollas are THE most popular of the "import" demographic. why? because they are built to last. let's compare years: until they went with the VVT-i motor, toyotas CREAMED cavaliers in reliability tests. why? because, quite frankly, they were built better. why did Chevy start selling the corolla as a Prizm? hmmm...let's see...because they were built to run better and longer than chevy's equivalent vehicle...

furthermore...if Toyota was doing such a bad job, then WHY did GM develop a VVT engine? you DO realize that it's based off the VVT-i technology that TOYOTA deveolped, right?

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:39 PM on j-body.org
I'm not saying Toyota is doing a bad job... its just the numbers, the amount of Corollas on the road is far less than Cavaliers, there are less lemons of them out on the road than Cavaliers. Some people on here will say that Cavaliers are the best cars out there or vice versa, the samething goes for the Corolla sites, some people swear by them and some people don't.

GM and Toyota are sharing alot of their stuff , Cavalier/Prizm VVT, there is even discussion of using hybrid technoloy, heck some their parts are even from GM cars from what ive been told.
Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:03 PM on j-body.org
well that's what happens when they've been bedfellows for so long.

regardless...the technology in Toyota's vehicles is more advanced than that of GM's...and the Japanese HAVE managed to make cars that will last longer - this is after having spoken to service managers at both dealerships. i have a slightly better insight into how often the SAME cavaliers will come back with severe issues - i work for a chevy dealership.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:07 AM on j-body.org
Jacob B wrote:As for the imports they can't realise that its all about the numbers, sure maybe their made a little bit better but thats not usually the case. For example the number of american cars is really large vs imports this means there are more problems with the domestics and your gonna be hearing more and more complaints. This will probably change soon Toyota's and Honda's quality will fall because more and more people are buying them and they are mass producin more of them. I know for a fact that our 2003 Toyota Sienna isn't a perfect car as most import owners claim. I also know that in Japan alot of people drive Toyotas or Hondas (domestics for them) because they are cheap, easy to maintain, but they buy american/european cars because they are looking for reliablility and less problems.

I'm not saying Toyota is doing a bad job... its just the numbers, the amount of Corollas on the road is far less than Cavaliers, there are less lemons of them out on the road than Cavaliers. Some people on here will say that Cavaliers are the best cars out there or vice versa, the samething goes for the Corolla sites, some people swear by them and some people don't.

GM and Toyota are sharing alot of their stuff , Cavalier/Prizm VVT, there is even discussion of using hybrid technoloy, heck some their parts are even from GM cars from what ive been told.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search