STOP SMOKING?!?! - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: STOP SMOKING?!?!
Friday, July 15, 2005 6:04 PM on j-body.org
Pretjah wrote:no i'm in favor of a decent(not a horribly large tax) on gas.

i'm just in favor of straight line flat tax.

elimintate income tax.

raise gas tax...all tqax from gas, and car sales and mechanic services and tolls go directly to road and bridges.

and etc.

You already pay gas tax an AVERAGE of 37.4 cents a GALLON!!!!!!

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Friday, July 15, 2005 6:05 PM on j-body.org
Pretjah wrote:dude it's only fair. tax people who use the highways and use that tax to fix the highways.

We already do it is called a toll road, freaking rip offs.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Friday, July 15, 2005 9:20 PM on j-body.org
"You already pay gas tax an AVERAGE of 37.4 cents a GALLON!!!!!!"

yes but that tax isn't streamed lined into the transportation dept of each state. it's stripped into all kinds of programs and pplans that are a waste of money.

eliminate the waste. and the tolls
Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:32 AM on j-body.org
Since not to many smokers have replyed here I will.

If it is a privately owned establishment the owners should get to decide. Where I live they just banned it and bars are closing. Dive bars are the first to go cause the majority of people who go there smoke. Poeple don't go out in the winter anymore cause its too cold to smoke outside. Then people complain they have to walk though the smoke from all the people outside year round. They to stop going out. Let the people decide where to go. a bar that you can smoke or one that you can't.

Workplaces should be banned from indoors. When I started at my place we had a 20 by 20 smoke room with 50 people in there at a time. It was sickening even for a smoker. Now we are outside where they built a shack. Workplaces need to have a designated outdoor smoking area and if you want to smoke in the cold you suffer.

Public smoking in general should be allowed. If you want to have a smoke walking down the street you should be allowed. However there should be more public astrays to keep people from tossing butts all over the place. As for in your car, if someone bans that all people regardless of smoking or not should be pissed. Eating, drinking or music could be next for all you know. No one should be able to tell you what you can do in your own car except for boozing and crap like that. Smoking with kids in the car should be fine or charge or somekind along with throwing butts out the window.

As far as taxes go on smokes it doesn't matter how high they get people will still buy them. Over the last 4 years the price of a pack has doubled and yet I know no one that has quit because of the cost. It will not prevent people from smoking cause there is always an alternative. Around here people go to the native reserve and get them for a quarter of the cost.

I can understand all your complaints though. Even though I smoke I hate it when others smoke around me. Even outdoors I hate it but thats life. I am for people having the option, good or bad for me. In a way I would like it cause then it would be easy to quit if I can only smoke in my house because I don't smoke in my house. If you inconvinence me enough I will quit and I think other would too.

I plan on trying to quit next week after my buddy's wedding. I wanted to try before but that weekend will be to stressful and I know I would relapse. Hopefully I will soon find out what its like on the non smoker side of the fence.
Saturday, July 16, 2005 8:12 AM on j-body.org
^^^ Guarenteed, food will taste better, you'll breathe easier, and your fingers won't get all yellowish.

And after the 3rd week, it gets better

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, July 18, 2005 6:25 AM on j-body.org
I smoke and the only side effect I've noticed it that I can't smell things hardly at all while or shortly after I'm smoking. No yellow fingers or caughing, for some reason when I first started, everyone said I looked like I've smoked all my life, didn't bother me

I used to really be against smoking, but since I've started my opinions have changed a little. I said I would never smoke, but I ended up starting when I was in the military, fear of dying, caring about nothing else but making it through the day, and eventually not even caring IF you die can lead to habits like smoking (and alcoholism with I used to have problems with). In all honesty I think people need to lighten up and stop pissing and moning about everything (not you guys, I'm talking about the world).

As for bars, your not going there for your health even if you don't smoke or drink, so bars should allow smoking thats what there about, smoking and drinking. That like going to a NASCAR race and bitching about the noise. As far as smoking outside, if someone is complaining about you smoking outside, they need to get the sand out of thier vagina, someone would have to be half a foot from you for an extended period of time for the smoke to ACTUALLY bother them, it OUTSIDE for christs sake, you cant get more ventelated trhan that if you try.

Smoking wile driving doesn't distract you, I don't care what anyone says, the only thing I can think of itstrying to light up with the window down going down the highway. As for having kids in the car, you should have your genitals removed if you smoke around your kids anywhere (exept outside when there not right next to you). Although I'de quit if I had kids because I woudn't want to lead that example. Unless where on a really long trip I don't smoke in my car if the passenger prefers I don't. And If I do I have the window down even in the winter.

As for resturants, I don't smoke while I eat (exept for nachos and burgurs sometimes at sports bars), and I really don't understand why anyone else would want to. I do however smoke while I'm waiting for food and afterwards. They should have smoking sections but make sure they actually work, most truck stops are smoking only, and I've never heard anyone complain.

Yes...Leagalize marijuana, tolls suck, and the more people tell me not to do something, the more I wan't to do it.

Monday, July 18, 2005 11:16 AM on j-body.org
As for Mary Jane...legalize it. Tax it if you want to, but legalize it for @!#$'s sake. Cigarettes and alcohol are worse anyway.

Now, as for ciagarettes: In any public setting: if it's outdoors have a designated area. indoors--ban it.

In a private estabishment, it should be up to the owner--after all, anyone versed in business is well awar of the lucrativeness of niche markets (a non-smoking bar will attract many hardcore non-smokers as a smoking bar will attract smoking ones). But it should be posted if the estabishment is smoking or non-smoking and that patrons enter at their own risk.

Personally, i think it's disgusting, but considering that my bro and one of my best freinds smoke like a freight train, you're not going to get them to quit unless they want to, and i don't see issue with opening up a smoker's bar--if you don't like it--DON'T FREQUENT IT!!!

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:06 AM on j-body.org
The bars and resturaunts here are all non smoking. There are areas within these establishments that are totally sectioned off from the rest with glass and the area is well ventilated. Nobody else has to deal with it unless they go into this area. You kinda feel like you're in a fish bowl.

As far as smoking in public... we are outside!! What else do you want? Its been said already, remove the sand from the vaginal area.

I don't smoke inside my house... I go outside. I don't have kids but if I did, I wouldn't smoke around them.

As for making marijuana legal... I can see arguments for and against, a good chance to make more in tax money. But, its not like you'd get anything that is half decent if the government is controlling it. They government controls medicinal marijuana in Canada... its super expensive and nothing close (quality wise) to what you get on the street. But, I'm from BC so I guess we're a little spoiled.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:49 AM on j-body.org
Why i said it should be the establishment's descsion, not the government.

You do realize that the marketing potential is the same for a smokeless bar as it is for a smoker's bar, right?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search