A Letter To Christians...... - Page 7 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A Letter To Christians......
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:49 AM on j-body.org
Let me clarify--Bastardking...

Dimensions and reality paths are not necessarily the same thing.

Dimensions, for lack of a better way of putting it, are a given selection set on which to experience reality.

Reality paths are just that.

However, you'd have to consider exactly how many there would be, and how interwoven they would be...

Let's consider a theory i've been working on:

in 1 dimension, you have 2 adjacent points--immediately forward and immediately backward.
in 2 dimensions, you have 6 (picture the most you can get around a single point while still fully tesselating the plane).

carying this out, logically--the amount of ajacent points as you move up in dimensions goes up as a ratio of the total points, including the current point of the previous generation times two--i.e. D[prime]=(D[current]+1)*2. That means in 3 dimensions, you have 14 adjacent points. Carrying this out to time, in 4 dimensions, you have 30.

Which means at any given point in time, there are 29 different ways things can happen (because of of the adjacent points is where you were). Now, given this, and also keeping in mind how small a "point" of time is (we're talking many decimals in the yoctosecond range, or 10^-24 seconds), you can see that time doesn't only branch out from before you, but also behind and around you.

However, as you said, circumstance, and not just genetics, is what gives people their personality traits, if we limit this to the human levels. My basic point was that ever fraction of a yoctosecond, your conscious and/or subconscious thought chooses a point in which your consiousness will follow, and thusmeans that the reality paths, as they were, aren't like a grid of highways, but more like a tangle of cobwebs, except infintely more complex--and in most, if not all cases, your conscious mind can only sense where it's been, and can't diverge paths into areas where you haven't been yet, or where your conscious mind hasn't been.

This basically says that if God exists, he would be judging your conscious mind based upon the path it took--the free will, as opposed to all possible outcomes, which reaches close to, if not, infinity.

However, going back, on a short aside without changing the course of this post, for God to be omnipresent within the universe within infinite dimensions, reality paths, and planes of existance, and all that stuff WAY beyond human comprehension, it would be nigh-impossible for God to be exactly as God is in the christian, Jewish, or Islamic doctrines, and have everything else fall into place EXACTLY as the bible says it--God would either be a non-factor for fear of destroying himself (thus negating the 10 commandments), or Satan is at least as powerful as God is.

At least that's how I see it.

My point, though was, in a very simplistic way, that God can be onmipresent and still be able to give us free will if god could perceieve EVERY possible outcome, and we just choose the paths we want.

Again, cobweb as opposed to a road.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:49 PM on j-body.org
KOTL wrote:so then, it can be inferred that God can have precience to the level of not only seeing what you do, but eveything you could do/could have done (assuming that everything that can happen does inded happen but our consciousness only can see that which happens in the plane of reality in which we inhabit). As such, free will doesn't necessarily negate God being able to see everything.

I wish to disagree.

The xian god knows which thread on the cobweb one will travel. It would know the decisions made along the path. It would also know the termination point of that thread (time of death). As such, the xian god, by definition, being all-knowing, has negated free will:

1. Suppose the xian god knows that you will do A 20 yrs from now.
2. The xian god, by definition, is omniscient, and infallibly so.
3. Therefore, you must do A 20 yrs from now, regardless of what decisions are made between now and that specific moment in time.
4. But if this is the case, you do not have free will, and this can be extended to any action you do at any given point in time.

Another way to look at it from the omiscience standpoint would be as follows:

"A" refers to any given action, e.g., "post this reply." "~A" refers to the opposite of that action, e.g., "not post this reply."

1. The xian god's (for ease of read, it will be referred to as "god" or "goD" for the remainder of this reply) knowledge cannot be wrong.
2. goD knows that I will do A.
3. If I have free will, then (I can do A) and (I can do ~A).
4. If I can do ~A, then it is possibly true that I will do ~A.
5. If it is possibly true that I will do ~A, then god's 'knowledge' that I will do A is possibly false.
6. If god's knowledge that I will do A is possibly false, then god's
'knowledge' can be wrong.
7. Therefore, god's knowledge that I will do A is not possibly false.
8. Therefore, it is not possibly true that I will do ~A.
9. Therefore, I cannot do ~A.
10. Therefore, it is false that (I can do A) and (I can do ~A).
11. Therefore, I don't have free will.

Hahahaha wrote:
So you couldn't be bothered to read the argument then eh? ... Read it, you might learn something.

I have read that article out of the Catholic Encyclopedia several years ago. Again, this is another good example of posting the link.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:55 PM on j-body.org
Post you own links.. People won't always click.. Scroll past it if you choose not to read it, whatever.

You seen to be missing the fact that you already made your choice.

PAX
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:00 AM on j-body.org
Kardian - a few of thoughts.(Although consider my thoughts are based off my personal beliefs - so you need not agree)

1. Knowing something doesn't decide it.

2. As I said - predicting the future is mathematics.

3. I think God (by choice)predicts the general flow more than all the details. I think that perhaps even God likes to be surprised. (how boring would it be to know everything already - almost takes any point out of doing anything)

4. Because God quite intentionally gave us free will, I think that he understands that we may do different things. I don't think that God chooses to foresee what we will do. Rather I think God chooses to see the results of each path we may choose.

5. In general, I don't think God prefers to see the "future" before it happens. This is evident in the book of Genesis - Chapter 5

5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.
Now this being the case that although he could easily have foresaw how mankind would turn out before creating us, rather he just created us and watched what unfolded.

Now God also considered destroying man, but decided against finishing the job(he spared Noah and his family) Since that point however, God has become more accepting of us(accepting us does not mean approving of our nature). That's is at least part of the reason why God choose to send Jesus to atone for our sins. There are also other parts of the Bible that demonstrate the fact that God can, and does change it's(God has no gender) mind.

However if there was no free will, this would be impossible. Equally, the mere existence of free will(even if God alone where to posses it) - would effectively negate your entire predetermination theory.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:59 AM on j-body.org
Kardian:

You're forgetting that according to my theory, while the consciousness that you embody right now is yours, then from every point you have 29 other consciousnesses that are constantly branching off in all directions within the 5th dimension.

As such, God don't know what you will choose, he knows everything you can choose, and just take the thread that you wove of your life (for lack of a better term) and judged the consciousness that you experience based on that.

Thus not negating free will and preserving omnipotence (funny me of all people arguing for christianity--especially since i don't beleve in it ).

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search