Politically Correct - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Politically Correct
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:01 AM on j-body.org
Anybody sick of all the P.C. crap these days. It seems if you offend even one person all hell will break loose anymore especially on internet forums. Here's a couple examples
WWE drops Arab-American character
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8671772/
If you don't like the Tshirt Don't buy it!

Re: Politically Correct
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:26 AM on j-body.org
The WWE one just goes to show that there are enough people out there that incapable of distinguishing reality from fiction that they probably shouldn't have Televisions in the first place.

The other one... Well, I haven't been to NM or Mexico, so I can't say which is cleaner.

I wonder when people will start to realise that being an American does not guarentee you the right to never be annoyed or bothered.

Sometimes the price of freedon is what it brings.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:09 AM on j-body.org
The WWE is being disingenious, to put it mildly. I've seen the character, and it is rather offensive. This quote from the article kind of riles me...

"The whole point of the story line and this character was to point out the injustices Arab-Americans have suffered since 9-11,” Davis said."

That's not true at all. The point of the character was to play to stereotypes and play off anti-Arab setiment.

This is nothing new to the WWE. Past wrestlers such as the Iron Shiek (Iran), Nikoli Volkoff (sp?, Soviet) did the same.

All that being said...who cares. WWE is what it is. Last year they had a spot where an unborn baby was killed. Either you accept it, or you don't.

---

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:12 AM on j-body.org
Policial correctness is a contradictions of terms.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:25 AM on j-body.org
Political correctness is also what led AGuSTiN and I to get into an argueement in another thread. I wont bring it here but I do think its a big one plagueing us right now.
Think about it for a minute if we were all politicaly corect all the time how bad off this
world would truely be. Its a shame people get there feelings hurt but for the love of God grow up!! Your not 5 years old anymore I'm not your mommy and I dont care if you get offended by what I say. Now I dont go out of my way to step on anyones toes but I'm getting kinda tired of haveing to tip toe around every special intrest group out there.
I could care less if you belong to the organization of lesbian daughters of single lumberjacks for clog danceing. But dont expect me not to laugh at your wooden shoes
and plaid shirt combo. Don't even get me started on the b.s. law suits for this type of crap, what a waste of time and energy.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 1:03 PM on j-body.org
yea i am so sick of all these stupid groups, national association for fat ppl, kids and cars, etc

Everyone of them needs to be offended

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:55 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:yea i am so sick of all these stupid groups, national association for fat ppl, kids and cars, etc

Everyone of them needs to be offended

AGREED 100%

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:32 AM on j-body.org
Hey, getting offended is a concept i cannot grasp no matter how hard I try...

Now, i'm not saying along the lines of, per se, me saying GAM distills goatloads and adsorps the results rectally (as an example), because that's slander, not offense--same thing with deliberatly calling someone a defintily derogatory term. I can see that--it's slander and a personal attack.

However, If i'm, say, talking to rodimus, and i refer to my stepmom as "Überc**t", and say, some female overheard and gets sand betwen her vulvę because i tarished her presence by using the dreaded c-word, or i make some statement like, "What the hell?!?!!" when i'm fixing a cow-irker's computer and because they are heavily religious, they get offended, i don't get that.

For starters, they are just words and are not used as a personal attack. If you're worried about hearing a word uttered, you need to look at yourself as the problem. If you can't stand me using the term "c***sucker" in front of you, them maybe you need to deal with yuor inner fear of being a c***sucker, because i would never call you a c***sucker unless you were being a c***sucker. Ditto goes for "motherf***ker", "a**hole", "f***king pr**k" (which i am, BTW), "rectal ranger", and "c**t." Other than that my conversation is not deragatorily offensive, and as such, i feel that it's a necessary expletive to describe my distates for something, so take it in context.

I was not put on this planet to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. There is only one person that i go out of my way to give a warm and fuzzy feeling inside to--and that's my girlfriend because she deservs it and she gives me reasons to. The rest of you scurvy scalawags , i will not go out of my way to make your experience on planet eart a comfortable one--i call it like i see it--and if that removes the rose-colored glasses from your eyes, so be it. Life is not candyland or chutes and ladders.

Which means that if i call my stepmom a c**t, it's because i see her as a c**t and she has acted like, and tread me like one--and i'm not about to mince words.

Which means that i could care less if you call me deluded, arrogent, self-riteous, megalomaniacal, a f**king pr**k, or whatever. I won't take offense to that.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:24 PM on j-body.org
Keep: I thought we agreed, what happens in Vegas, stays in vegas

OKay...

I look at it like this: People have the right to speak their minds and try to do whatever to get you offended or whatever misnomer you like to attach to the general feeling of getting your dainty panties in a knot.

Political Correctness, like most well-meaning ideas, has gone berserk. (Insert Carlinian monologue regarding political correct language here)

- If I want to get a point across: I use direct language, and I will sacrifice eloquence.
- If I want to persuade you to my line of thinking, I'll use direct language, but I'll be more eloquent.
- If I want to piss you off: I'll be blunt, cut straight to the chase.
- If I want to totally alienate you, I'll piss up your rope and use words that will offend you.

Making some things "taboo" or "incorrect" is a thin veil for censorship. Using proper candor when communicating, its more of an art, but you need the words to speak your mind, use the right ones to convey your point, and keep in that area to suit your audience.

Friday, July 29, 2005 10:54 AM on j-body.org
No, you're thinking Pago Pago. Vegas was when we had the contest of who could hold a rabid ferret in the front of our speedos the longest (I still think i was riobbed because mine keps squirming out the back)

Anyhow, you can be tactful and still be candid, but there are many cases where you have to be brutal or they.just.don't.get.the.picture.

Still, i'm waiting for the PC euphamistic squad to make us start calling rape victims "unwilling sperm recipents" and secual predators "amourously gifted"

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Friday, July 29, 2005 6:56 PM on j-body.org
Rape victims probably will get the misnomer, Sexual Predators will probably stay sexual predators.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 9:22 PM on j-body.org
One thing that pisses me off about PC is the useage of the word "man" like fireMAN or policeMAN, I hate it how they (seems to be middle aged women who have their hair cut to short and are to %$#@ independent for any MAN) seem to think its sexist, it stands for huMAN, not just males, otherwise they would call them fireMALES, not fireMEN.

just sounds stupid don' it?

Oh, by the way, i was joking about the whole middle aged woman thing...

Sunday, July 31, 2005 9:42 PM on j-body.org
Fireman? Police man? officer does fine in either instance, it's a vernacular shift... Congressman = Congressperson
Chairman = Chairperson

Manhole Cover != personhole cover.
Come over here and fight like a man != Come over here and fight like a person
For he's a jolly good fellow != For it's a jolly good person
Boogeyman != Boogeyperson
Latenight with David Letterman != Latenight with David Letterperson

In context, I can see equality of language being okay, but taken to extremes, the argument becomes farce.

I guess it's like everything: working within a semblance of normality is fine, but somehow someone inevitably wants to take it too far for some dumbass reason.

Of course, I cribbed mercilessly from George Carlin, and I give him full credit.

Monday, August 01, 2005 10:00 AM on j-body.org
I have but one quote for this and it is one that came from an excellent debater/very knowledgable person.

Quote:

Of all the freedoms and rights that you DO have, you DONT have the right to never be offended.

Yall can figure out who it is.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:50 PM on j-body.org
I hardly ever aim to offend, and I would say that for the most part my speech is pretty neutral in terms of PC. However, unless I'm in a business setting where appearances really matter, I could care less if someone next to me gets offended by something I say. If I make a comment and you overhear and get offended, then that is your problem. If these PC freaks had there way it would be illegal to offend another human being, and our jails would be even more overpopulated.
Friday, August 05, 2005 2:56 AM on j-body.org
Andy Rooney is the man!!!!

Friday, August 05, 2005 5:23 AM on j-body.org
I'm an equal opertunity offender. I don't care who you are I'll still piss you off.

Friday, August 05, 2005 12:23 PM on j-body.org
Adam Asmus wrote:One thing that pisses me off about PC is the useage of the word "man" like fireMAN or policeMAN, I hate it how they (seems to be middle aged women who have their hair cut to short and are to %$#@ independent for any MAN) seem to think its sexist, it stands for huMAN, not just males, otherwise they would call them fireMALES, not fireMEN.

Are you sure? I really don't know, but if you have more than one human, you have "humans." More than one fireman isn't "firemans" but "firemen," which would seemingly make man/men the appropriate etymological origin...

Friday, August 05, 2005 1:21 PM on j-body.org
Firepeople, policepeople, mailpeople, all sound too damn weird to me whats next
longshorepeople? Its all the ultra wacked out neo nazi feminist wack jobs that are soo
up tight about being born a women and can not stand men at all. I'm sure you know the type dont shave dont bathe dont were shoes only sandles and there feet are always black on the bottom they have dreds and smell like that damn hippy stuff pachully.
You don't hear me bitchen about the need to throw the word male in front of nurse,
or receptionist or hairdressor do you? no I didn't think so. So why does the whole world need to bend over and kiss the buts of these feminazis? Sorry I'm not one who will. I'm not gonna go out of my to start with them but I'm also not gonna go out of my way to tip toe around how they feel.

Friday, August 05, 2005 7:48 PM on j-body.org
Jack: read my previous post

Friday, August 05, 2005 7:52 PM on j-body.org
I saw it I just wanted to add my rant too

Friday, August 05, 2005 9:21 PM on j-body.org
lol.. ahhh.. premium rantings.

Friday, August 05, 2005 11:37 PM on j-body.org
Hmmm... It all leads back to the ideal that life should be Chutes and Ladders (though I prefer Operation). People don't want to be exposed to negativity, in a generalization. They generally want to hide behind the facade of a perfect life, free of adversity, much like Keep's former tagline 'Sugar-coated for ease of consumption.' They deserve the occasional 'rude awakening' of being offended. Like said above, you don't have the right not to be offended. When people are offended, they are being nothing more, nothing less than selfish. If they really expect things around them to be molded to blend with their life, they have another thing coming. You don't have the right to have things the way you want them, sauf in solitude. Get over it. Most people don't even mind being 'offended', as long as they get the attention given to them when they whine about how offensive something was. Human nature.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 5:57 AM on j-body.org
If people don't get offended now and then, they think everything is okay.

Monday, August 08, 2005 9:52 AM on j-body.org
you shouldn't need to get offended to realize things are not okay...but many people do have to get offended.

I like to call those people "deluded."

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search