bad idea...THE FAST AND FURIOUS! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bad idea...THE FAST AND FURIOUS!
Friday, July 29, 2005 12:09 AM on j-body.org
so i was thinking, what do you'll think about the F&F and To FAST TO FURIOUS?

i think these damn movies hurt the car sence as much or if not more than they helped. i hated both movies and thought they were stupidly unreal. i street race and those damn movies hurt the racing scene. now we cant race newhere bc of dumb asses tring to be cool in their gay cars doing burn outs and stuff. before the movies, i stayed out until day break the next morning racing sometimes and never had a cop problem. that movie gave racers a terrible image. we dont steal @!#$ to pay for or cars, we dont racing for money, block off streets, and all that stupid stuff. it is all for braging rights and self satisfaction. i left a group of great guys bc they wanted to race with idiots. people started drinking, brings guns, drugs, and the cops followed soon after. it was a good time to hang out with buddies but now u have to worry about ur car being broken into, fighting, and other stupid stuff. the group i hung out consisted of about 30 guys, and then more people joined, stupid people, and before i got there, they raced for over 15 years, no accidents racing, nothing and once those movies came out, not even 2 or 3 months later, we had 2 racing wrecks and other stupid acts like standing in the street when they race goin on. it has gotten alittle better now bc i met new older guys that dont put up with that @!#$ and all they want to do is have a good time and race alittle.

how is the racing scene around ur guys area's? just wondering if it is nething like here in KC, Missouri.

Re: bad idea...THE FAST AND FURIOUS!
Friday, July 29, 2005 1:32 AM on j-body.org
street racing is stupid....so is comparing your life to vin diesel in a movie. People in here spend all this money on their cars, why risk it all over a stupid and illegal street race?

Friday, July 29, 2005 5:07 AM on j-body.org
i think these movies had a bittersweet result.

a - it brought more idiots into the car "scene"(not sence).
b - with the influx of idiots, more aftermarket parts are available for ALL cars.

AND I AGREE ABOUT HOW STUPID STREET RACING IS.

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Friday, July 29, 2005 5:29 AM on j-body.org
great movie... it is what it is...

tuner scene is hurt:

1) by the immaturity and egos of "my car is better"

2) the people who are a few fries short of a happy meal and HAVE to copy whats on TV...

3) those who do remedial crap and blame it on a form of media (movies, video games, professional drivers)

common sense kills the tuner scene....or more so lack there of.

i mean i like spy movies and stuff, but i;m not about to go emulate XXX State of the Union, and blame my actions on Ice Cube....

most action movies are supposed to be unreal.... look up the term "aesthetic distance"

it means you can sit there and know its not real, but still enjoy it, which most people here think TFATF was supposed to be a documentary like erin brockovich...

when you see sean connery or steven segal, defeat all the enemies, or james bond, never die, save the day....

thats unreal as well, but its entertainment. most people should know entertainement is for fun, not always and foremost for accuracy.

as for the local race scene.... baltimore...... depends on where you go....

you can find the muscle cars that is like your area, older and more reserved....

or the kiddie pool where billy just got his first pep boys spoiler and has to test out its aerodynamics on a crappy road at 75mph +

its safety is all based on how mature people are and how much common sense is present.

Friday, July 29, 2005 5:41 AM on j-body.org
I think the pirate is pretty close on this one. Street racing is not too bright to begin with
but since I used to do it I don't want to sound like a hipocrit. Altho things have changed a lot since I was in high school. Cars are getting way faster roads are becoming more
congestid with traffic and more cops now too. Street racing may on the surface seem like a lot of fun but take a closer look at it for just a minute. What happens say for example if a guy is rushing his wife his wife who is in labor to the hospital and you guys come blasting around the corner. BOOM, you just killed his wife and unborn baby.
Now if it were me I'd beet your ass to death before the cops ever got there. And please
don't try to tell me how bad ass you are if you've never faced someone who can't feel anymore pain cause of what you just did. Trust me you won't stand a snow balls chance in hell. Those movies brought attention to a growing segment in the comunity
but street racing has been around for as long as cars have been around. If anyone thinks they can get rid of it they're nuts, you can't.

You sound like a relativly inteligent guy what with chosing to leave when things started
getting the way they did. Just use that ilteligence even more and go to the track. No
guns, Drugs, or stupid stuff there they dont allow it. Also they have EMT's there in case
something bad happens. Also no cross traffic hell no other traffic at all. Most important
2 things tho...... #1 you cant get a speeding or drag racing ticket. And #2 they have
timing equipment so you can know how fast you are without ant b.s. involved.

Just go to the track trust me you'll love it. And yes there are tons of girls there cause they know that its where guys are. Be careful and have fun.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, July 29, 2005 8:25 AM on j-body.org
I rented the first one and took it out of the DVD player after 30 minutes, that movie was so @!#$ retarted I didn't even bother wasting money on the 2nd one. You know what's funny; all over the country there's abandoned drag strips yet none of the illegal street racers use them , They're there why not use them instead of risking innocent peoples lives on the public roads when you could use them instead?

Friday, July 29, 2005 9:23 AM on j-body.org
it did it's job, it made money. The people who financed it got a nice return, so if they had to do it over again, they would.

yes, it might of hurt a small group of people, but really, not that big of a deal.

The same way any feel good, come from behind team, sport movie hurt all the really sucky teams by thinking they could win.

or when any sappy romantic comedy where a huge nerd ends up with an amazing mate gives false hope to the soical outcast....

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Friday, July 29, 2005 9:29 AM on j-body.org
Street racing isnt cool either way.. my take on it is your one of these guys that got the idea it is cool from watching the movie.. Your profile says you are 18.. this would have made you what?? 14 when the first one came out. I'm sure you did alot of street racing from years 12-14...

POLYFIBER kits $375 (BMX, BC2, Blitz, Drift, KMAX) * CRACKED DASH? CLICK HERE!!
Friday, July 29, 2005 10:39 AM on j-body.org
We'll have to disagree, Event, i thought the movie was as lame as Highlander II or Night of the Lepus.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, July 29, 2005 12:16 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]We'll have to disagree, Event, i thought the movie was as lame as Highlander II or Night of the Lepus.

never seen either of those, so i'll take word on that

some thought it was lame, but for me it was good comedy... although right now i just finished my collection of david and peter paul (the barbarians) movie collection on vhs...

had to amazon it to find those...

theres not many movies i dislike

Friday, July 29, 2005 12:33 PM on j-body.org
No, Van Helsing was a comedy--so was Bram Stoker's Dracula--when Keenu Reeves was on the screen. I swear, his english accent is as bad as Kevin Costner's.

Still, i could not find any entertainment value in it. Which puts it beneath "plan 9 from outer space" in the bad movie market...

but not as bad as "Battlefield Earth"

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say

Friday, July 29, 2005 12:44 PM on j-body.org
Battlefield Earth was a movie of epic proportions!! WHAT are you talking about???
This was by far the absolut best movie ever made!! I loved when they use cows for target practice. And the acting... pft! you just cant find any better!

Oh wait my nurse is back with my meds I gotta go.

(kidding of corse)

Friday, July 29, 2005 1:00 PM on j-body.org
I'll be the first one to admit i liked them...but i also street race

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Friday, July 29, 2005 1:10 PM on j-body.org
I loved the first one , im not going to lie .

The second one was complete garbage.

Neither of them made me want to go out and street race.

Friday, July 29, 2005 1:14 PM on j-body.org
from a movie's standpoint....it was good. it brought a subculture to the forefront, made alot of money, and brought alot of people into the scene (luckily i am a PRE- tf&f car guy ). as far as movies are concerned.....it was a good movie...above average at the very least. and because it "started" it all for the tuner scene (as far as some people are concerned) it will be one of those movies that will live on for quite some time......our kids will watch it....its a cult classic.

from a car enthusiasts standpoint....it was bad. yes it helped to bring more people into the scene, but the majority of those people are either idiots ("lets go street race everything with a loud exhaust") or posers (they do it not because they enjoy the scene or because they have a love for cars, but because they want a certain 'look'....like they are badass just because they have a kitted, lowered car). both of those types of people help bring subcultures to the foreground, but they also eventually kill them.

had tf&f or another movie like it not come out, then i would have been happy. sure we would be paying more for our products, and would have less choice in it, but i would also be the only cav around that was fixed up. i would have stuck out more but it would have been a positive attention, not negative like how lots of people think about us.

Friday, July 29, 2005 3:31 PM on j-body.org
No.

TFATF is not a cult classic.

Heavy Metal is a cult clasic
Rocky Horror Picture Show is a cult classic
Army of Darkness is a cult classic
Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a cult classic.

TFATF if anything, is like Howard the Duck--popular when it came out but years from now it will be made fun of for the schock it is. I think it will end up the "ice Ice Baby" of the movie scene.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Friday, July 29, 2005 3:43 PM on j-body.org
I consider them entertainment.....and thats it

i like car movies, so i did like them

but i do think its retarted when i see cars with F+F stickers on them or that new NOS F+F nitrous kit? to follow the movie like that is pretty lame, but hey people follow star wars like that so i guess its kinda the same thing

Friday, July 29, 2005 11:54 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Your profile says you are 18.. this would have made you what?? 14 when the first one came out. I'm sure you did alot of street racing from years 12-14...

first of all, i was 15 when the movie came and i will admit, it made me more into racing and but i learned before that from friends that were mature and not stupid. i started goin out racing when i was 13 or 14. my neighbor raced and took me out alot with him. and if you cant do the math, that was BEFORE the movie came out. i no when to race, and when to stop. and the whole reason for not goin to the track all the time is because the track around here rapes u on entry fees and it is much eaiser to find an empty street to race on with a group of good guys. let me ask you this, have u ever been to the street races...or even raced in an organized race? it is the rush of a life time and the adrenelin(sp) doesnt stop. it is addicting, ill admit it. so there, im sry if i grew up around it, will always be apart of my life just like cars. i love doin it and i dont think i will stop netime soon.
Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:12 AM on j-body.org
I think we'll all agree that the thing that made more ppl get into racing..... Gran Turismo 2!!!
Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:17 AM on j-body.org
I'll keep it simple:

That movie was great for Aftermarket companies but hurt us as car enthusiasts when cops think that every modified car speeds or does illegal activity.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:20 AM on j-body.org
these movies made people at Pep Boys really busy

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:30 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]No.

TFATF is not a cult classic.

Heavy Metal is a cult clasic
Rocky Horror Picture Show is a cult classic
Army of Darkness is a cult classic
Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a cult classic.

TFATF if anything, is like Howard the Duck--popular when it came out but years from now it will be made fun of for the schock it is. I think it will end up the "ice Ice Baby" of the movie scene.

TFATF was a sleeper hit....something that no one thought would be big. look at what its spawned.....the popularity of our car culture. and for that reason alone it will be a movie that is watched 20 years from now. whether we like that or not...its not for us to decide. whether you want to call it a "cult classic" or another term is up to you. but our kids will watch it, thats for sure.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:33 PM on j-body.org
Keeper great movies on your list, I love them all. And I never called you stupid Sean I
don't like to name call. What I said is that street racing is a bad idea thats all, I also
told you to be careful. Its a shame tracks in your area do that kind of crap. How much
do they charge? The tracks around here, we have three, all have a test and tune night
admission is like $10.00 or $12.00 and you can run till they close around midnight.
You can set up grudge matches and the officils will let you line up anyway you want.

You guys ready for this? I heard there making a fast and the bi-cuious part 3! As bad as the second one was can you imagine how bad a third one will be?

See you at the movies.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 2:06 PM on j-body.org
i didnt take into consideration when you "street raced" before the movie you could have been riding.. Yes, I worked at a drag strip from 14-15 and i was around it alot.. I still dont care for it. If I wanted to come near death or get a rush I could find something that better suit me.. just my .02

POLYFIBER kits $375 (BMX, BC2, Blitz, Drift, KMAX) * CRACKED DASH? CLICK HERE!!
Sunday, July 31, 2005 8:06 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]No, Van Helsing was a comedy--so was Bram Stoker's Dracula--when Keenu Reeves was on the screen. I swear, his english accent is as bad as Kevin Costner's.

Still, i could not find any entertainment value in it. Which puts it beneath "plan 9 from outer space" in the bad movie market...

but not as bad as "Battlefield Earth"

well for me, quite the opposite....found alot of entertainement value in it....

partly cause when i look online, or some of the clubs i;ve visited through the last 6 years, i could relate each character to like 2 people....

so theres my comedy.

entertainment value?

"you almost had me, you never had your car....so no me and the mad scientist gotta go rip apart the block to replace the piston rings you fried...."

"torreto....swat came to my home, disrespected my family....and you know what? it was YOU!!!!!" (pointing like when hulk hogan starts hulkin up and finally he points at the heel and says "YOU!!!!!!" and the crowd says it at the same time)

then you have the famous

"yea i got that attention disorder, defeciet...... you mean ADD? yessssss.....that sh_t!" -jesse.

then vinces non coochie gettin butt get beat out by a pretty boy.....

lots of "caaaaaaaaaaaahhhh-medy"

and i agree... cult followings they dress up each year and go out to shows or gatherings of that film or music group, just to watch the same thing over and over again.... no one really does that with TFATF....

i know so many people who own it, but complain about it so much..... my view, if its that bad for them.....sell it, trade it in.... get rid of it....

but in all honesty, like said, i love the movie.... i dont try and emulate stuff in it, but the catch lines, the fact that it had something to do with one of my hobbies, i enjoyed it.

nj honda killa, dont really think the movie hurt us as much as the idiots who try and be like the movie...

its kinda like you cant say GTA san andreas made america like it is today cause you can beat up officers, steal fire trucks and such.... when some kids commits a crime, you cant blame it on a video game... the blame is on the people who do the actions...

i mean there was and still is a disclaimer at the beginning and end of the movie....both 1 and 2.... this is where common sense should come in from those who wanna try and outrun the cops on blown piston rings and harboring an ex con....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search