Buy me a new car mommy/daddy - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Buy me a new car mommy/daddy
Monday, August 15, 2005 7:56 AM on j-body.org
CavFire.com (tabasco) wrote:not to be rude....but paying for the mods on your car is nothing compared to buying the car. whats $1000 on a $15000 car? not much..... and if you arent paying for the car, then that just means you have that much $ to put into it. you should try to mod your car while paying for the car, gas, insurance, rent, utilities, school, etc.

and you say youre parents are going to get a new GTO for you soon? the MSRP on one is $33k. youre still 17 and your parents are going to toss a $33K car your way? yes....this is exactly what we have been talking about. i doubt you have learned any semblance of responsibility from the whole debacle. if you disagree, please enlighten us.

Quote:

just because my parents are well off does not mean i don't work for what i have...

youre parents bought you a new car when you were 15....and are about to buy you a new $33k car and youre still 17? yes, your parents being well off DOES mean that you dont work for what you have. that should be quite obvious.

Ben, I still agree with you even after her post. She still has yet to help her cause with whatever explanation she gives. Being a snob about a being given a free car and then trying to make herself look good by saying what she pays for does nothing.

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:06 AM on j-body.org
well my "almost rich" (like a few dollors from millonaire) girlfriend (redecocav can vouch for this) has NEVER bought her own car her parents always buy her cars she has had about 8-9 cars all brand new off the lot ranging from sports to suv and has never paid a dime for any of them. she also never pays her own credit cards or school tution. this is all paid by daddy...some times we even fight because she doesnt understand why im broke sometimes and cant give her what she wants like the engagement ring she wants now is $7000 i cant afford that @!#$ now and she is like well i would get it for you.
im like i know because your f*ckin RICH!!! im not. but i do see some of the money if you look at my cavy some of the stuff on it she bought like my rims, drift front, paintjob and other things. she has spent about $5000 on my car. also her parents put a down payment on a house for us a few weeks ago...

Sinister Ambitions
when your girl is getting on your last nerve f*#k her dont fight her
Monday, August 15, 2005 8:09 AM on j-body.org
money does not equal love...she needs a punch in the mouth the next time she says some BS like that to you

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:09 AM on j-body.org
My Dad got me a car for my 17th birthday. A brand new base model Cav. I loved the hell outta it..............week later he gave me the payment methods lol! Then when it got totalled I got to pay for the rest of my new car! Me and my x paid for all the mods on my first car, and I did for all the mods on this. Only thing my parents paid for is downpayment and paint when I got my front bumper! Must be nice to have mommy and daddy pay for things.

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:15 AM on j-body.org
Life is grand when you pay for school, car payment, car insurance, rent (while living in your parents house), phone bills, credit cards, loans, etc.

BUT never once have I complained to anyone. I work 2 job and go to school...I worked 40 hrs/week from the time I was 17 until last year, then I started with 60 hrs/week. I know that by doing this young has taught me the value of a dollar and that it will only make things easier when I have my own house and kids. I can balance a budget like a mutha @!#$!

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:18 AM on j-body.org
The hated one.....get off it! wrote:My Dad got me a car for my 17th birthday. A brand new base model Cav. I loved the hell outta it..............week later he gave me the payment methods lol! Then when it got totalled I got to pay for the rest of my new car! Me and my x paid for all the mods on my first car, and I did for all the mods on this. Only thing my parents paid for is downpayment and paint when I got my front bumper! Must be nice to have mommy and daddy pay for things.

A few days before Christmas when I was 17, my car decided to die on me for the last time. So 3 days after Christmas I got a new car! Thats right, lucky me, new car at Christmas time!

Here is the hitch...grandma signed the loan and I got the loan payments for 4 years!

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:21 AM on j-body.org
^Steph you know my situation. People think Im Daddy's little girl and that isn't the case. I too pay rent and I live at home, rent went up when I got a Chinchilla! lol idk what thats about!

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:33 AM on j-body.org
Anyone who trys to put a price tag on her love for you is no better then a common street walking whore. If all shes worried about is what you can give her then you need to bail on her ass quick !! Trust me man NO woman is worth giving everything you got to only to be told its not enough. Shes a spoiled rotten brat created by her daddy and mommy
and you do not want that trust me, been there done that, it gets old fast. I don't care how great the sex is she is not worth your sanity. Go find yourself a woman instead of a girl and you'll find out the difference. A girl says " Is that all?" A woman says " Wow omg
thank you! " see a difference there? A girl just lays there in bed and you do all the work.
A woman will thro you onto the bed and work you. see a difference there? Woman are sooo much more fun then little girls and once you see this you wont go back.

And all thanks to daddy and mommy handing her everything she every wanted on a silver platter. Wow you guys just keep proveing my point this is awesome !!!!!
Keep up the good work !!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:38 AM on j-body.org
snoeterp82 wrote:money does not equal love...she needs a punch in the mouth the next time she says some BS like that to you

i know but she is kinda freaky so she may like it
but for real she is sweet, she just doesnt have a good grasp of the real world. i swear we have been together for almost 3 yrs and she has never had a job more than a month but she always has money to blow...

Sinister Ambitions
when your girl is getting on your last nerve f*#k her dont fight her
Monday, August 15, 2005 8:47 AM on j-body.org
Honey sweetness has nothing to do with it. Money doesn't buy happiness or love. You need to ask yourself, if I was poor living on the streets would she still love me. If you question it or doubt it leave. More then half the women on this earth are ONLY about the money, no matter how nice you are. If you have money, look good or have a nice car, it doesn't matter to them. If you have nothing they will move on. You know people can act sweet!

Monday, August 15, 2005 9:08 AM on j-body.org
Psycho_Love wrote:I'm just saying that the fact that you bought yours does not give you license to flame on me because I didn't. .

im hardly flaming you. just expressing my thoughts on buying a kid an expensive car. thats what this whole post was about. now $6000 for a car isnt alot when youre in your 20s. however $6000 for a car IS expensive for a 15 yr old. and i dont even understand the point of buying a 15 yr old a car anyway....if its just going to sit for a year, whats the point?

now i can believe having to pay for your gas, maintenence, and insurance on your car. and its also believable that you have to pay for clothes, road trips and pool maintence fees (although i still dont see it happening in your case). but the other things youve listed....?

i really mean no offense to you here, but im going to call the flag on your bills. you are still 17 and in school and you say you have to pay
-- for your food??
-- for your school tuition and books?
-- the cable bill??
-- cell phone bills? two of them?
-- water bill?

sorry, but those ^^^^ just arent happening. unless you are making $10/hour (and you said you were making $4/hour), i dont see how you could make that much money to pay for it PLUS the other things you listed above, unless you have an allowance from your parents that you are counting as a "job".

now before you get your panties in a bunch....dont. im not flaming you and i am hardly jealous. however the original point of this thread was to say that buying your kid a car at 15/16/17 years old doesnt teach them responsibility. if you disagree, please tell us why. tell us what sort of responsibility you have learned as a result of your parents buying you an expensive car. you have yet to do that.

and one a final note....im not saying that you arent responsible (although lying or making up stories to prove a point isnt exactly helping your case). so dont take any of this personally. just tell us what you have learned, if anything, from being given an expensive car at a young age.

Monday, August 15, 2005 9:34 AM on j-body.org
The only car that was ever given to me was a 1993 Ford Aerostar van that I used to get back and forth to my first job until I had enough money to buy my first Cavy. I paid $1000 for it and it was in decent shape. I searched for a car for about six months before I found that one. That is the car that is in my signature now. I paid for all of the mods myself and did all of the work on the car myself. The new Cavy is the same way.
The best part is that I have no debt in my name. I paid off school up front and didn't pay for anything for my car (or anything else) that I did not have the money for. To hell with credit cards.
Even though I feel prideful in all of that sense.... I would still accept a brand new Corvette if my parents wanted to buy me one. My parents can afford it, but I don't think I deserve it in any way. When something good is free to you though, you take it. I don't care what it is.
There are so many kids rolling around in Evos and SRT-4s around my way that are still in highschool and could never afford the cars on their own. I don't hate them because of what they were able to get. I think it's cool actually. When they get overly cocky about it, that's what I hate. That is a big part of why I am building this new Cavy.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, August 15, 2005 10:40 AM on j-body.org
I pay my cable Internet bills...33 bucks a month...water bill which again isn't much and usually only pay it in the summer because of the pool and such, 2 cell bills, one of which is prepay and only costs me 10 and the other cingular and costing me 20, food is mostly fast food from work or town being as i go out in town to eat alot, tuition was 600 which was broken into monthly payments of 35 bucks which has since been paid off and I'm not in school...already graduated. I got my car when over freshman spring break partly as a reward for academic achievement, and since then I've had to be responsible for my car, I've had to take care of it myself. Having a car of my own at a young age has taught me that even though something was a gift does not mean you should disrespect it, I feel responsibility is taking care of what you have and proving yourself worthy to continue having it. and i understand you mean no offense because i can see where that sounds like utter rooster eggs, but it isn't. I'm a very responsible person, just because my parents bought me a nice gift does not change that....but there is something i think we can all agree on, I'm a spoiled brat, that's very clear. and No I do not get an allowance, I'm a bit old for that dont you think? and I never said you were jealous...because I dont feel you are, I think you are making a valid point, some parents buy their kids cars and they give the rest of us a bad name. But i must reiterate the fact that at least here, very very very few kids buy their own cars...how did you get your first car, just out of curiosity.......

It's a four banger, you gotta bang it four times to get it goin'....
Monday, August 15, 2005 11:00 AM on j-body.org
You guys are not getting the point of this post. Its not about anything other then giving your kid these expensive things for no reason other then you can does not help them learn anything at all about the real world. Nothing. Has haveing a car given to you helped you understand the value of money? Um no you had a car given to you so you do not know the value of money. Has haveing a car given to you helped you learn about the pride of ownership? How could it you didn't earn it. Or how about has haveing a car
given to you helped you learn about responcability? Again how could it? you were given the car the car so you learned NOTHING. Kims dad gave her the car and then the payment book. Good for him. She's learned what its like to have to work hard for something you want haven't you kim? Josh getting to use dads old beat to s--t minivan hardly quailify's as the same as a new $45,000.00 car so you don't count either. You went to work busted your ass and the result is now seen on your sig. Great you earned it, it was not handed to you, there is a huge difference.

Can you guys see a difference in a 1989 4door cavalier and a 2006 corvette? If not then I see why you continue this arguement. You are a spoiled little brat that thinks they are intittled to whatever they want. Maybe you should go take a good long hard look in the mirror before you answer this because your answer will determin if we all think you are spoiled brat or not. And no this isn't directed at one person but if you feel like it is
then perhaps deep down you know I'm right and you are a spoiled brat.

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:09 AM on j-body.org
CavFire.com (tabasco) wrote: my first car was a 93 ford festiva, when i was 18. i bought it off of my mom for $800. fuel efficient, but not enough power to kill myself in.

jackalope: i wouldnt say that just because a kid is given a car that they dont know the value of money or responsibility. i would say that by giving them the car that you arent teaching them the value of money or responsibility. it is possible for them to have that knowledge prior or learn it outside of the car.

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:22 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Great you earned it, it was not handed to you, there is a huge difference.

And no this isn't directed at one person but if you feel like it is

You're right in all respects.......thats the only response i can fathom...you're 100% completely right.....end of story

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:30 AM on j-body.org
Psyco I wasn't refering to you. If you look back at the intire thread I've talked to a lot of people. I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea I wasn't attacking you I even said that it was not directed at one person in perticular. Don't take offence to statements that are not directed at you it just doesn't make sence to.

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:33 AM on j-body.org
Want to know why I watch half of those reality shows on MTV?!?! Does anyone watch Laguna Beach? I have watched enough episodes to laugh at some of those kids. Or even their new Sweet 16 show. They live in these HUGE houses, Daddy and Mommy are RICH. They don't know the value of a dollar, they get hundreds of dollars a week probably.

Then there are those who when they are younger, even though they don't come from as weathly family, are spoiled and given everything. VERY VERY SHELTERED LIVES....this doesn't add up. What happens when they get into the real world and are forced to fend for themselves? They won't know what to do, how to act....one BIG reason the word DEBT is still held today. When I was in high school I wasn't allowed a job, I wanted one...and when I finally graduated and got one I got the biggest kick in the ass! Even moving out and scrapping for money, I learned. Im back home now, but I still pay rent and pay for the things I need. But its a little easier knowing what your getting into!

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:35 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:You guys are not getting the point of this post. Its not about anything other then giving your kid these expensive things for no reason other then you can does not help them learn anything at all about the real world. Nothing. Has haveing a car given to you helped you understand the value of money? Um no you had a car given to you so you do not know the value of money. Has haveing a car given to you helped you learn about the pride of ownership? How could it you didn't earn it. Or how about has haveing a car
given to you helped you learn about responcability? Again how could it? you were given the car the car so you learned NOTHING. Kims dad gave her the car and then the payment book. Good for him. She's learned what its like to have to work hard for something you want haven't you kim? Josh getting to use dads old beat to s--t minivan hardly quailify's as the same as a new $45,000.00 car so you don't count either. You went to work busted your ass and the result is now seen on your sig. Great you earned it, it was not handed to you, there is a huge difference.

Can you guys see a difference in a 1989 4door cavalier and a 2006 corvette? If not then I see why you continue this arguement. You are a spoiled little brat that thinks they are intittled to whatever they want. Maybe you should go take a good long hard look in the mirror before you answer this because your answer will determin if we all think you are spoiled brat or not. And no this isn't directed at one person but if you feel like it is

Hey Jackalope.....I'm back.....lol.

Let me put it this way.....is it wrong for parents to buy a child a car....lets say a Nissan SER Spec-V for example, so the child can have transportation to and from Eagle Scout meetings? Or lets say to and from volunteer services for the elderly or maybe to and from a part time job they might have?

Once again (agree to dissagree...lol) you cannot generalize kids who have cars given to them, nice ones or not, and say they will never learn the value of a dollar or learn responsability.

I maybe be missunderstanding what your saying here but to clear things up for me could you please use the amount of $45,000 whenever you say "having a car given to you" Because it seems like your talking about having a car given to you in general but then you mention a $45,000 car.

I am not understanding you........do you have a problem with parents buying their kid a car or do you have a problem with parents buying a kid a $45,000 car?

Answer that and I will understand better.

Sorry but I am confused......lol
Monday, August 15, 2005 11:39 AM on j-body.org
Alex, I think he means those parents who pretty much buy their kids EVERYTHING and ANYTHING they want. They don't know how to appreciate it.

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:45 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Psyco I wasn't refering to you. If you look back at the intire thread I've talked to a lot of people. I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea I wasn't attacking you I even said that it was not directed at one person in perticular. Don't take offence to statements that are not directed at you it just doesn't make sence to.

I know it...but it's true lol I am a spoiled brat

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:53 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ Thank you. Its ok to help them but a nice little car for a to b type stuff but its the ones who are given whatever they want.

Alex I tried to leave it alone and I still agree to dis-agree with you but some people started getting nasty and others defensive and it started to go down hill so I figured I'd try to srtaighten out my point of view that others were starting to change a little.

I didn't try to just make you go away and then come back when your not looking.
If I did that would make me a little bitch. Of which I'm not. But since I started this post i felt I had a responcibiltiy to at least straighten out people who were getting what we had said wrong. Thats all.

Now that everyone is playing nicely again good bye.

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:56 AM on j-body.org
Im sorry, if there is a need for a car, you get a family car! If I had that when I was younger I would have learned respect quick and the value of a dollar quicker!

Monday, August 15, 2005 12:12 PM on j-body.org
Psyco Realy I swere I was not picking on you. I don't even know you nor have I talked to you. I don't think I've named anyone directly have I Alex? I try to be respectful of others because I like to be treated with respect. If you thought for one minute I was refering to you indivdualy then I must appoligize because this was not my intent.

Psyco Love I would like to say I'm sorry if I offended you. I never meant to single you out
and if you thought that then I truely am sorry.

Monday, August 15, 2005 5:26 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Psyco Realy I swere I was not picking on you. I don't even know you nor have I talked to you. I don't think I've named anyone directly have I Alex? I try to be respectful of others because I like to be treated with respect. If you thought for one minute I was refering to you indivdualy then I must appoligize because this was not my intent.

Psyco Love I would like to say I'm sorry if I offended you. I never meant to single you out
and if you thought that then I truely am sorry.

I know you werent picking on me and I take no offense to any of your statements, it's all good..you have no reason to be sorry....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search