Buy me a new car mommy/daddy - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Buy me a new car mommy/daddy
Monday, August 15, 2005 6:30 PM on j-body.org
Cool just so were ok. I dont come here to start fights........ altho as of late........

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, August 15, 2005 7:07 PM on j-body.org
nope...we're okay...fights seem to run amok on the war forum these days

It's a four banger, you gotta bang it four times to get it goin'....
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:18 AM on j-body.org
heh. my mother bought me a 1990 celica i just had to pay them back for it.
if i was given a corvette, which i would sell or not ever accept, i wouldnt have ever been able to drive it . at 16 hell even those in mid 20s and 30s drive like idiots and im sorry but ive seen more accidents involving young adults, driving mustangs and civics than i do with corollas or granams or something more familyish. why? because all they wana do is pretend they are in F&F and you can imagine the rest.

i dont care if some kid got a new car, im just proud of the fact i was able to pay for my own car and i think i was respected more because i wasnt handed one.

so just be happy you will have that car in for repairs soon as im sure he will fck smthing up.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/618295
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:25 PM on j-body.org
My parents paid for half of my car, I couldn't afford it myself. Plus, they didn't want to see me struggle with payments and @!#$ty repairs on @!#$ty cars. My brother also had half of his truck paid for ('99 B3000) and my youngest brother, my parents bought his car ('00 scoobie)

i don't feel spoiled one bit. I pay my own gas insurance cell, and school, as do my brothers. also in the military...

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:08 AM on j-body.org
If I ever have a kid, I'm gladly going to buy them a nice used car, whatever a $9000 used car costs today in about 21+ years, is what I would spend. Nothing wrong with that at all.

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Friday, September 02, 2005 4:58 AM on j-body.org
My first car was bought for me, the 02 Cavalier. Was a graduating gift.

When i totalled it, I took the insurance money and 1900 dollars for the 05 fire.

I don't feel spoiled one bit, that my parents bought me a car.

Hell, when I have kids, I'm going to buy them cars, and not cheap cars either.

I'd gladly spend 50K on a brand new car for my kid.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Friday, September 02, 2005 7:15 PM on j-body.org
I heard of this one dad who told his kid he'd match everything he made at his job

(so if the kid would make 4 grand...he'd get an $8,000 car)

well I guess the kid worked his $%@ off...and then when it came time to go shopping...the dad bought the car for him...cause he knew that he worked hard for the money, and was responsable...I'm planning on doing that for my kids.

Not to mention that money could be used for mods or whatever...pretty sweet deal

Friday, September 09, 2005 8:41 AM on j-body.org
I AGREE WITH YA I HAVE ALWAYS HAD TO WORK FOR EVERYHTING I HAVE !
I STARTED WORKING WHEN I WAS 14 I AM 24 NOW AND I TAKE CARE OF MY S#%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, September 09, 2005 5:49 PM on j-body.org
lloyd marcum wrote:I AGREE WITH YA I HAVE ALWAYS HAD TO WORK FOR EVERYHTING I HAVE !
I STARTED WORKING WHEN I WAS 14 I AM 24 NOW AND I TAKE CARE OF MY S#%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL just messin with ya

Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:37 AM on j-body.org
you know, theres some things to take in to account. first of all I'm 15. i helped pay for my car and so did my mom and grandpa. i work hard and they really thought i deserved it. but its not a $45,000 sports car. i mean a 16 year old doesn't need a vett. i guarantee he is not even close to responsible enough. theres a difference between a kid getting a good reliable car and an outrageously ridiculous car. i mean when i have kids I'm not going to make them buy a $500 POS by themselves, only because i want them to have a safe and reliable car, but theres no way they need a brand new, $45,000, vett. just my 2 cents.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, September 10, 2005 4:49 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:O.k. this makes me sick! Some little snot just got a nice new yellow corvette from
my dealership. All because he just turned 16! I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a
screwdriver! NO ONE ever bought me any car or even helped pay for it. I so can not
stand these damn spoiled little brats that get whatever they want. Whos gonna give
you anything out in the real world. What kind of lesson does this teach your kids other then mom and dad are push overs. My kids are gonna get jobs and earn the money
for it themselves. Sure I may help them pick it out and haggle over price but in the end it will be there car cause they bought it. I think it helps them learn respect for things
as well as teach them that if they want something they need to go out and earn it.

What do you guys think? Yeah it might be nice for mommy and daddy to buy you a shiny new car but what did you do to eran it? And why do you think you deserve it?

Let the parents give there kid a car, big deal. Good for the kid he drives a car I would like to own.

And to get you even more upset, his parent will probably pay for his college education, and set him up with a good job making more money than most of us when he gets out of school.

Just remeber selling cars is the only thing keeping you employeed.

Monday, September 12, 2005 10:53 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ it has absolutly nothing to do with what the parents are able to provide it has eveything to do with makeing a foolish purchase for a child who will not apeashate it as evidenced by the total lack of concern in the kids voice when he was picking which color he wanted. That giving a 16 year old child a 40 plus thousand doller that thats capable of speeds inexcess of 150 mph is just plian stupidity of the part of the parents.
If you can aford to give your kids the best great I'm happy for them and proud of you for it. But give Jr. a 150+ mph car and your only setting him for failure.

Oh and btw just for an update the Corvette in question is now sitting in my body shops lot haveing been totaled a couple weeks after it had been purchesed. apparently Jr.
tried to run a red light and clipped another car who light was green at over 90mph this
sent the Vette into the trees sideways and almost killed him and his GF. But hey what do I know about kids and fast cars. Just cause I used to be one doesn't mean anything right?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, September 12, 2005 2:50 PM on j-body.org
I am very fortunate and blessed that my parents bought my car. i never asked for it or even expected it. I am not a spoiled brat. i don't think that i deserve something like that. My parents don't just hands things to me on a silver platter. my parents expect me to work, do chores,pay for my own gas and i am more tha willing to help out in any way.
My dad grew up in Mexico and never had anything, my mom grew up in a broken home and also didnt have much. Now my parents own a very succesful Landscaping Company and firmly believe in hard work and have taught that to us.
So if you ask if i'm spoiled... yes i am,spoiled in the sense that i have an incredible family that loves me so much
Do i think i deserve everything i have? absolutely not.

Monday, September 12, 2005 5:17 PM on j-body.org
^^^but you appreciate it...

I have no problems in a parent that will take a loan out for a car if they make their kid pay for it, as long as in the end, they pay for it.

But again, rat bastards run in my family, and my dad is the type of man that if he bought your car for you, and his name is on the title and registration, would call it in stolen if you got in a spat with him.

To me, that was incentive enough to wait until i was 18 and buy my own car--that way, if he even THOUGHT about pulling a stunt like that, he knows i would pull criminal charges on him.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, September 19, 2005 7:33 PM on j-body.org
i paid for all of my cars. ive had some real POS cars in my life. one i even paid $20 yep $20. thats what it cost for the title transfer. it was spray painted, had 287,000 miles on it and had no front sway bar cause it fell off. but in the end it makes me appreciate my 2001 cavalier with the few mods i have. i think that it made me appreciate my stuff more by growing up poor and paying for everything myself. i am now 23yo and buying a house and my car will be paid off shortly. ive lived in goverment housing and in some of the worst neighborhoods that my city has to offer and my parents couldnt buy me a car. but instead of complaining i just sucked it up and did what needs to be done and i appreciate it the hell out my stuff. ive had stuff that i didnt buy and it never felt like mine. everything i own feels like mine. help from parents are nice. IF your kids deserve it and you have the means. $45000 car is freakin crazy.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search