Lack of Appreciation & Lack of Manners on the ORG - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Lack of Appreciation & Lack of Manners on the
Saturday, July 30, 2005 11:11 PM on j-body.org
Personally, I wouldn't want the job of Moderator because half the people that post would be banned. [/quote wrote:

Yeah, I give cannon fodder credit for dealing with the BS but I think I would be a decent Moderator...just need to catch up on all the rules.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, July 31, 2005 8:21 AM on j-body.org
Well, wait until april 1st (when the new mod positions are given out) and you might get your chance.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:39 PM on j-body.org
Hey, I'm a moderator AND a member of the Bash Staff...appreciate ME!

lol

Sunday, July 31, 2005 2:39 PM on j-body.org
Fallen Angel what are you talkin about? Body work is so easy and painting is even easier. I mean come on everone knows those body shop guys are just out scamin us
all out of our money. Its not like it takes weeks or thousands of hours to get a paint job
all you need is one of those Wagner power painter things and you can do it in like 5 minutes. Oh you wanted your car to look good? Then its not easy and yes it can take thousands of hours to do a car right. I spent 3 weeks just doing the doors on my old Firebird and they had no rust just small dents and dings.

Always listen to a pro like Angel. If you want to know what to do and you ask and then start to flame the answer you just got from someone who does this day in and day out
but you "got a buddy who did it once before" and suddenly your "buddy" is an expert
then ask him. Cause if I need help one day I dont want to throw out a simaler question and be ignored cause of him getting flamed and now just doesn't wont to bother.

EVERYONE LEARN TO PLAY NICE OR I'M TELLIN MOM!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Lack of Appreciation & Lack of Manners on the ORG
Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:14 PM on j-body.org
NJs Honda Killa wrote:Mainly I'm a bit disturbed at things going on on the ORG. You always hear from people who have been on here for 4 or more years saying "The org has gone down hill". I personally have been here for about 2 years so I wouldn't know...but I do know that things should and can be better.

agreed, this is some of the stuff we spoke on over the phone a few days ago...

down hill.... not sure... i know with more people most times quanity will never replace quality... and being here since 99 and rksport, maybe because i am older, out of college and working two jobs.... it seems that with the quantity of people that amassed, you simply see alot more whining about how so and so cant afford this or that part, how their car is messed up, how they dont know what to get or do...

and the main reason for that isnt money per se, its the simply fact that so many young people have bought these cars, alot of em are in their rebellious stage, dont wanna listen, dont wanna put out any effort to anything to further themselves, but want the majority of answers, parts, sponsorships handed to em...

think about the general forum.... how many posts have you seen from people begging for sponsorships with a car that isnt even anything but a replacement filter or something on those grounds?

performance forum, how many people are lazy in there, suspension?....boost for that matter...

Quote:

One of the things that disturbs me is the lack of appreciation for the bash. Yes, I went to the bash. I personally enjoyed myself. I met alot of people I didn't meet last year (Lenko, cannonfodder, Darkstars etc), it was a great location to have a car show and the track was decent. There were very small things I didn't like for example the Bikini Contest (it was more like a peer pressure contest but it was entertaining) & how they wouldn't let people race if they didn't have long pants or sleeved shirts. Those are little things.

there will be those that always NOT appreciate the bash... it was cool the one year i went, hell i met you the jersey guys, mods, people i;ve agreed and disagreed with over the years, new people i didnt really know, etc....

but like above, when people dont get something handed to em, alot of people are spoiled that they expect everyone to tell em to put this or that on their car, or to do this mod next, or that mod...and if they dont get the answer they wanna hear you;re being mean to em. with the bash if they dont get the dream outcome they want, then it sucked and was the worst thing ever.

last year the bash was more docile than i have heard about through the years (no hotel whores, late night wild stuff, or alot of drunk people)... there were a few wild things and scary things even that occured, but mostly docile... but hell on sat night i stayed out till 7 am hanging out with a few illinois, ny, and va, and md people and made my stay in ohio fun...

usually anything in life is what YOU make of it... alot simply expect it to be autodrive...

Quote:

Aside from the bash...lack of manners is being like a virus here. I personally see JBO as a place where us as one of the "underdogs" in the Sport Compact World can come together and be like Brothers and Sisters amongst each other. I do see this happening but are the people who don't show this. For example, some of you probably read this, in the Newbies forum someone asked about where to get stickers, all of a sudden here come these jerks who see a topic saying "Stickers" and want to bash the person because they think "Stickers are gay". Seriously, if you don't like something that someone does to their car, why do you care? Why are you sitting at your PC trying to put someone down cause they have something on their car you don't like? Does it make you feel better than them? I see people like that and it makes me mad. Of course everyone has different tastes, different styles and just overall different approaches to cars. If they want to put APC stickers all over their car...let them, IT'S NOT YOURS!

thats gonna occur.... appearance wise, add what you want. thats just my view...

but....... with as many cliques, different tastes and egos about my car is better....all the car show posts where someone complains they shoulda won this over that car....

quite simply when it comes to appearance, theres way too much ego in the sport compact world. its like bodybuilding, for MOST to compete, you need the ego to push you to presenting yours better than the others.

but on the stickers ordeal.... alot of narrow mindedness out there. check the search in the appearance forum...

normally, if your car isnt EXACTLY like the person who comments, then its rice, gay, or some other egotistical BS.

to be honest, i kinda prefer cars like nj honda killa and darkstars......MAIN REASON>>>>

i get tired of seeing meets, or going to em, and seeing 15+ cavaliers all black, silver, red, or blue.....allegedly clean look, no wheels, same stock or aftermarket body kits.... and nothing else...

now thats cool if thats your like, keep what you like, no prob with that, but variety and change is always good.

Quote:

Instead of people being helpful, there is being more criticism. If someone asks you what kind of exhaust setup to get, either answer their question or don't. Saying to them "Use the search button" is just a plain rude thing to say. You have to look at it from their shoes...you don't know much about cars and you need advice on what header to get and your serious about your question. You ask which is better or what to get and then someone has the nerve to say "Use the search button"? Come on...they want to get a majority advice to their post, not to someone elses. I don't care if someone asks a question that has been posted a million times, I answer them whole heartedly and honestly.

yea but alot of newbs around here cant deal with honesty....

thats a problem.... when they ask you whats the best ETC.... realistically there isnt a best.

and telling one to use the search button? hell i think we all agreed to the rules here when we signed up.... being helpful was one of em, and another was using the search button to find questions asked over and over and over....

i dont consider myself a car god, as some have said, i dont consider myself a guru... i simply consider myself someone that started out and when i asked a question, and someone said search for ETC....

i did.... i didnt b__ch and moan about "i want an answer NOW!"

i simply did the search, and over time from reading search results, i saw answers to OTHER questions i HAVENT EVEN ASKED YET......

funny how that works.... if you search on a subject cause you wanna know "what intake options do i have, and in the process of learning about the number of options you actually read info on how things work, and what intakes are better for this or that.....

people dont say "search" to be rude.... people say it to direct someone to actually educate themselves....

you cant help people that dont make an effort to help themselves.....

in the past 1.5 years, in the performance forum alone i STILL see the same exact people asking the same exact questions on what "cold air intake is the best"..... true issue. and yes its the SAME PERSON cause i saved their post when it got outta hand and got funny..... and then low and behold 1 and a half years later, they are still asking the same question. same exact question.

there are plenty of posts and people like that here. dont know if any of you have worked with mentally disturbed kids, but after 2 years of working at sheppard pratt in towson, md as a resident assistant.... the only people i know that ask the same question over and over again on purpose were those with mental issues.... and with the kids there, thats something they cant help....

most people on here however, can....

the problem is, so many people are so lazy, dont wanna listen to legit answers, or use the excuse... "well my friend in a hyundai ran those coilovers and it didnt need bearings" (an actual reply in the suspension forum), or get pissed off when someone uses a smiley face other than the BS , UNHAPPY and WTF ones....

all the rest are usually joking around smiley faces...

with the more people here, there are more people that simply are too sensitive to be on the internet for long periods of time...

Quote:

To people who have other vehicles than Jbodies that come here. I would never put you guys down cause you don't own a sunfire or cavalier...some people like cars that they don't have (for example I like Camaros but I don't have one cause I can't afford it). I appreciate the people who have other cars and contribute to the site in a positive manner. But there are the ones who are ONLY members here to talk trash. There has been plenty of times where in the Versus forum there could be a race between a Cavalier and a Prelude and all of a sudden BOOM, 10 posts from Prelude owners that DON'T have a profile and don't post regularly. That is sickening. Also, there are the people who compare their vehicle to ours when they aren't even in the same category. If someone says my car runs low 15s, don't reply to them saying well my Camaro SS runs low 13s with bolt ons...seriously no one cares. Your insight and cockiness is not appreciated.

that part, while it does suck.... will never cease....

reason, there are a crap load of cavalier and sunfire drivers who do the same on other forums... and as long as there is power and or speed involved, egos once again run rampant.

you should check out a few of the powerlifting and athletic forums i visit.... i;ve seen people get cracked on cause they cant bench 350lbs, but they squat close to what i do in the 700 lbs range...

the person making fun of em, can bench 350 and only squat 300.... kinda sad.

but that egocentric stuff.....everywhere.

Quote:

I think people seriously forget what it's like to be new to something and don't put themselves in other peoples shoes. I don't know...maybe it was the way I brought up but I follow "treat people like you would want to be treated" saying.

well for me, i;ve been playing sports all my life... being the rookie at something isnt anything new.... when i was 5 years old i was large enough to be "snuck on the 8 year old tackle football team" but as a rookie, 8 year olds will tease 5 year olds... they accepted me, but i got my rookie hazing....same thing in highschool, same thing in college football.

i didnt whine and complain when people cracked jokes, were sarcastic, etc... its part of the bonding. hell you all should have seen talent night my freshmen year of college football.

but the point is, the way i was brought up, was you take a joke, take advice from people, even if it means using the search button....

when i started on cars, scruf wasnt there telling me this and that all the time, alot of times he told me to read or look up something, buy this or that book....

and even still today i am still learning about stuff....

main difference between me and the new guy or girl who gets pissed off cause someone said "search" is the fact that i am taking the effort to learn, while they waste their time pissed off at someone via the internet.

in closing... its no different than in school. everyone here should have passed through it or are passing through it....

if you study on your own in addition to all the small things you learn, but you make that extra effort to read other things... you usually end up with a extremely high GPA...

you hear only what the teacher says and dont apply yourself at any other time or make an effort to learn outside of what was told to you.... you normally just scrape by..... B-'s C;s arent really spectacular...

everyone else who doesnt apply themselves at all, get pissed cause they cant have their way and always want to rebel.... D;s and F;s...

the people on here who have accomplshed things you can tell who did there homework and who sat around doing jack crap. whether you wait for someone to make a part for you that you learned how to use, or waiting for gravana to release an improved product, etc....

the guys claiming they make so much money but are always broke, and are gonna do this and that and never do it.... and always complain...... D's and F;s

those who put their mind to things, save up, do some searching and reading and read all the repetitive stuff for new info....

A;s and B+;s

Quote:

I think that the JBO can change if they actually can take a moment to think before they post. I'm not trying to bitch about the JBO being this and that...I love the JBO and personally it's changed my life for the better. I just want to see this place get better instead of get worse.

That's all I have to say...do you guys agree with anything I say?

i agree with alot you say if not all you say... you know that from the phone....we see eye to eye pretty much...

jbo isnt gonna get much better with the morale here though.... its not so much the cars that are the problem and lack of parts... its more or less the people and the effort they put behind the cars... and how they portray themselves to others in real life...

quick test for anyone..... hang out with an older crowd who are genuinely into cars in general..... THEN hang out with an older crowd who are genuinely into THEIR cars...

then do the same for younger crowds and try and make it NOT just the cars you own....

you;ll find that most meets where people accept the effort of ALL cars, theres rarely any BS.... maybe a few razzin jokes, but nothing any different than what you get when you are the rookie on a sports team...

when you hang out with people who are into ONLY their style or type or brand of car things change....

as an example of when things change.... heres a quote posted in here 2-5 days ago...

Quote:

Rodimus Prime
Saturday, July 23, 2005 12:44 AM

actually it comes from rice burners, making fun of asian cars, which ill continue to do every day of the week because they are inferior and I generally dispise the stupidity of the average american for thinking asian cars are so wonderful, they arent...they are made by short men with small penises

now with quotes like that, honestly, do you think thats inviting to outside cars, like with what was mentioned about the prelude driver?

with as much immaturity in teens and early 20;s and sometimes even more...the ego factor pretty much will cause hatred towards anyone who drives a cavalier. its rodimus primes view and i respect its his view, but highly disagree on it.......

but saying asian cars are inferior.....just perpetuates the cycle of disrespect towards our own cars as well as other cars...

i rest my case....

Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:40 PM on j-body.org
John Lenko (John Lenko) wrote:The .ORG has always had sh!t-disturbers on it. The only thing that seems to come and go is how much attention we spend on them...

I gave up caring years ago... makes for a much enjoyable .ORG experience

lol Exactly ive been reading the org since i was about 15 when i first saw a cavi coupe that looked good i wanted one ever since then. And i discovered the org. Now im 19 and I hav my car and there are lots of times where I want to flame someone but NJ is right sometimes you have to bite your tounge(sp) and think about where you started and how little you knew at the time. I have had some people post negitivly to my questions and others who are helpful I cant remember who it was but i had someone stick up for me when i wanted to learn more about exahust systems and someone flamed me. I could go on and on but I would have too agree with Nj in the end.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 9:11 PM on j-body.org
I have learned so much off of the .org, I think my family is getting tired of me talking about it. But just from general knowledge I have probably saved my one friend about $800, just from what I've read.

But seriously, I see the disrespect, hell I've done it, wanting to be an e-punk, but in the end I just made an ass of my self.

There are always the few people who post fantasic info on any question (event, NJ, angel, cannon, etc.), all the options are laid out in front of you and you can get a definate idea where to go.

Even though I've only been on here a little over a year, its always fun coming back, IMO the .org will be alive and kicking for a while, unlike other forums.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:40 PM on j-body.org
Pushrods, glad we can see eye to eye and I'm glad you actually do remember back in the day.

See my biggest thing for me is that I can remember back that far. I was the kid who knew nothing about cars, who went to Autozone and had tons of accessories and spent his money unwisely (which I'm still paying for today).

Overall, I just want people to think before they post and realize that what they say might scare away new people.

Monday, August 01, 2005 5:21 AM on j-body.org
^^^ That's something I've been trying to get people to do so they don't make an utter ass of themselves.

Monday, August 01, 2005 8:43 AM on j-body.org
Event, you got cliff notes on that? lol.

Monday, August 01, 2005 9:47 AM on j-body.org
The only complaint i have about the bash is "central location" because the minute they put it more towards the center of the country, is the minute that most of the east coast people complain of the drive...

...even though anyone from the west coast on average has twice the drive that they do--and yet you have Lenko going to most of the bashes and i was able to show up to 2003. But what could the Bash Coordinaters do, though? Personally, I thought the drive to 2k3 was worth it and *not* an inconvienence, however, with the rising gas prices, I think that unless they more centalize it (as in not near lordstown every freaking year), the west coast en masse will be alienated from the bash.

However, the bash itself, at least 2k3, was a blast, and i do thank The coordinators for the job they did and the customer service they did for me

As for the general feel here, I agree with Lenko--I just really don't care and the times when I am insulted, most often i can take it as a "call-to-arms". We do have 28,000 people in which few of them will agree, but deep down, if you're true to yourself and take an attitude of "this is how i am, take it or leave it", and not be a complete outward douche to everyone--even if your personality rubs some people the wrong way, you'll be fine.

But no matter what you do, there will always be cliqueism in every groupe there is. I blame that on human nature--you'll have one or two visionaries, one or two independents, and what not, and the rest coalesce around them for whatever reason.

But really, i think the think about it is this--you have to look at the .org like you look at pop culture--something that you abso-@!#$-lutely should NOT take seriously.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Monday, August 01, 2005 5:32 PM on j-body.org
cannon fodder wrote:Event, you got cliff notes on that? lol.

basically what keeper said in closing

Quote:

But really, i think the think about it is this--you have to look at the .org like you look at pop culture--something that you abso-@!#$-lutely should NOT take seriously.

that and for those who dont wanna be suggested to, to search for things, take some initiative to learn about things and not get pissed when someone suggests they do so...

you learn alot more when you actually read entire posts, than just answers to one simple thing, of which later you will be asking the other questions which you could have learned when you started...

Monday, August 01, 2005 6:24 PM on j-body.org
so did we ever figure out which is the best intake?

yeah yeah yeah, search, i know

all dates
kickin it old school in the archives

seriously though, i know at times i will piss people off and sometimes i may be helpful, not as much as others can as far as mechanical knowledge goes but i'ma stilla learnin.

if i can help out those within reasonable range then i'm there, you don't have to take me up on it, no biggie. if i don't agree with you that won't stop me from helping you out unless you just can't let it go, @!#$ that's life sorry.

other than that all i can say it's what's already been said but not as well so i will leave with this, i should use spekk chexj more ofteb

Monday, August 01, 2005 11:41 PM on j-body.org
i know I'm not as well known or been around as long as some of you guys but, one thing that really annoys me is the "use the search" b/s....it sounds easy but I've found that more often then not that people have tried to search but just haven't had the right terms. you know, not everyone calls everything by the same exact term....id have to say that more then anything bothers me...as for flaming the noobs, i personally believe its immature, people get made fun of because their not an expert in a specific field, using myself as an example, i know nothing whatsoever about fiberglass, but come to body work or some mechanical stuff, i may know more then a person who is awesome with fiberglass...does that make either one of us "stupid" "morons" ect ect...i don't think so, were all in this together..some have more knowledge under their belt then others...some people just need to calm down a little when they get behind their keyboards

96 cavi'/WI j's
Monday, August 01, 2005 11:58 PM on j-body.org
96cavillac (Nik) wrote:i know I'm not as well known or been around as long as some of you guys but, one thing that really annoys me is the "use the search" b/s....it sounds easy but I've found that more often then not that people have tried to search but just haven't had the right terms. you know, not everyone calls everything by the same exact term....id have to say that more then anything bothers me...as for flaming the noobs, i personally believe its immature, people get made fun of because their not an expert in a specific field, using myself as an example, i know nothing whatsoever about fiberglass, but come to body work or some mechanical stuff, i may know more then a person who is awesome with fiberglass...does that make either one of us "stupid" "morons" ect ect...i don't think so, were all in this together..some have more knowledge under their belt then others...some people just need to calm down a little when they get behind their keyboards

on the majority, things usually have a common term...

we dont call intakes:

sucker pipes
air routing tubes
oxygen transports
etc....

so if someone said "search" on intakes... theres really no excuse, especially when the post is "whats the best intake....

main example....

http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?f=2&search=best+intake&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=arch&threadtype=1&fldsubject=1

29 posts asking the same thing basically....

most people who say "i;ve searched" are full of BS.... its literally become something they add to posts and havent even bothered to look something up.

like on the secret cams....

how hard is it to write in "secret cams"?

i;ve seen people say they searched and searched for hours and found not one post, but then again in less than a minute, from the archived search i found 20 results

http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?f=2&search=secret+cams&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=arch&threadtype=1&fldsubject=1

and from the more recent posts of all dates i found ANOTHER 20

http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?f=2&search=secret+cams&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=0&threadtype=1&fldsubject=1

on the issues of terms, there arent really many terms to common parts that are used... if you can make a post and use the right term to ask about chances are you can search for it and find info, as long as you ARE NOT one of the people who claim they did look for it, but never even bothered...

and honestly, thats prob the reason not many ever accomplish any of their goals, the majority on this site is lazy when it comes to helping themselves to find info, parts, etc...

as it stands the people who have more knowledge under their belt as you put it, were those who simply put more effort into finding things and not giving up right after their first or second attempt didnt work.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:14 AM on j-body.org
Learning to search properly is a lost art.

Phrasing the query is important (obviously, search for "2.4 intake" and you'll get a ton of responses that are irrelevant), but most people want the Hitchiker's guide to the J-body tuner world.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:19 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Learning to search properly is a lost art.

Phrasing the query is important (obviously, search for "2.4 intake" and you'll get a ton of responses that are irrelevant), but most people want the Hitchiker's guide to the J-body tuner world.

That's true, it is a lost art but I've come to realize that people either aren't good at searching for things or don't do it at all. Being that, I'd rather search for them and help them out rather than them not getting any help cause people read the post and say "they could have searched for that answer".

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:43 AM on j-body.org
O.K. Its my turn to rant. Why is it that when I exspressly say something is my opinion
do some people think this means its open season on me? If you don't know what I'm talking about just look in the general post its turned into the war forumII . There someone made a post about Street Line selling there TRD cavalier and I said $25,000
was too much in my opinion but if you want it good luck on the bidding. Suddenly I'm
a moron an idiot a stupid ass that don't know s--t. Cause of what me not wanting to spend $25,000 on a god damn cavalier? I dont care what counrty is from that to me is too much money rare car or not. Yes I can see why its appealing to some but why in thee hell do I have to think the same way these guys do and if I dont I must be stupid?
Please for the love of god why does this make me stupid? Another member Gary
logs in and agrees with me and guess what now hes stupid too? what the f--k?!?!
Who made these guys in charge of what I like and don't like or what I should spend my money on? I tryed to be as nice as I could thru out the whole arguement But I lost It once or twice and I appoligized for trying to make what I thought they should be thinking but they never caught the hint. I blew up this morning on the last post I made I couldn't
take it anymore. Being attacked by 3 or 4 guys who KNOW they know more then I do when I deal with parts everyday and have done so for almost 10 years. Please give me a brake? I know I shouldn't go off like that and that fighting on the internet IS stupid
I tried several times to let it drop and leave gracefully but these kids wouldn't stop.
Its like they flashed back a couple years and they were in high school again and I didn't
fit there little click so they were gonna get me after school.

I try to respect everyone here as Killa and several others can atest to. And I do appoligize in advance to anyone who checks out this post and is offened by what I say
when I finaly do go off but I just couldn't take it anymore.

These guys are the whole reason behind the org loseing its respect. And if not them directly then people just like them. If people like this are allowed to continue attacking
people for there views then its a wonder we ever get new members. I myself will make sure I stay if for nothing other then to try and stop these types of people from beeting up on others with there big e-muscles. Killa has been there to help in the past and I hope he'll be around in the future as well as anyone else who thinks that we should be able to come here and not be worried what will happen if they post what they think. Debates are fine just ask Gam I'll debate with him any day or anyone else who can act like an adult. But when 3 or 4 guys attack you with name calling because of your views then this is no longer a debate its a dog pile and I for one will not play nice after being pushed so far.

Sorry guys but in case you can't tell I'm still alittle pissed off about this.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:48 AM on j-body.org
opinions are like @!#$s... Everyone has one.

If people are trying to get to you (that is, if you're not talking outside opinion ) just remember "non-illegitimus carborundi sub" (Don't let the bastards grind you down).

Facts however, you've gotta be able to put down proof... If you can back up your opinions with proof, it's cool, but some people are going to piss up your rope anyhow.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:04 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:opinions are like @!#$s... Everyone has one.

If people are trying to get to you (that is, if you're not talking outside opinion ) just remember "non-illegitimus carborundi sub" (Don't let the bastards grind you down).

Facts however, you've gotta be able to put down proof... If you can back up your opinions with proof, it's cool, but some people are going to piss up your rope anyhow.

true...agreed...

jackalope, like said... in a nut shell, if you post your views in a public forum, people will question em, challenge em, etc...

and honestly, i believe its a good thing.... how else does conversation continue?

if one person posts one thing, and another person posts another thing, and then another person yet posts another different thing, and no one responds to any. its almost like never even reading the above posts...

it does occur often though, where you see a post of 20 things and everyone has made the same suggestion, nearly word for word.

and thats another thing, dont apologize to those who are offended... you are writing what you believe...someone is always gonna be offended and you def cant live life in fear of offending others and always apologizing. some on here are gonna have to realize the internet is like real life in that there is a plethora of people and different views and reasonings.

if they get offended, let em sit and pout

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:26 AM on j-body.org
Oh I agree as well. I do not mind a good debate you guys SHOULD know that. But I
feel I shouldn't have to put up with name calling and other childish stuff. You guys can
always feel free to debate me as to what I think and I have no problem with it at all.
I have been wrong in posts and when provided with proof of it I accept it and go on from there. Muffins and Gam thank you for helping calm down a little by putting things back into perspective for me. But I'm sure you guys don't like being attacked for days by several people as to what your opinion is or if you know something is correct that they do not yet they keep on insisting on showing the world there ignorance. But unfortunatly since its 4 on 1 you are the one who is almost made to look bad.

I'm going to try once again to let it go but seeing how I have even gotten e-mails at
home pertaining to this post and my stupidity then I don't see how I can. After all they're
even tracking me down on my e-mails and giveing me s--t now.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:01 AM on j-body.org
Name calling isn't called for... if it's kidding etc.. fill your boots, but otherwise, I put a stop to it when I see it.

it's not something you have to tolerate.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:33 AM on j-body.org
Wow we agree on something after all Gam. thanks. Kanook or not your alright in my book.

I dont know if I spelled Kanook right but you know I am a product of Balto. city schools.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:45 PM on j-body.org
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:
96cavillac (Nik) wrote:i know I'm not as well known or been around as long as some of you guys but, one thing that really annoys me is the "use the search" b/s....it sounds easy but I've found that more often then not that people have tried to search but just haven't had the right terms. you know, not everyone calls everything by the same exact term....id have to say that more then anything bothers me...as for flaming the noobs, i personally believe its immature, people get made fun of because their not an expert in a specific field, using myself as an example, i know nothing whatsoever about fiberglass, but come to body work or some mechanical stuff, i may know more then a person who is awesome with fiberglass...does that make either one of us "stupid" "morons" ect ect...i don't think so, were all in this together..some have more knowledge under their belt then others...some people just need to calm down a little when they get behind their keyboards

we dont call intakes:

sucker pipes
air routing tubes
oxygen transports
etc....

well yeah some thing do have obvious names...im talking about more technicial stuff then an intake...say...the blower motor resistor, a person that isnt an expert in electronics may not know that peice is called a resistor somthing compleatly new to others

i guess i shouldnt say "more often then not people do search" because we can never really know for sure, i guess i just try to give people the benafit of the doubt and i agree that i wish people would use it more often then not, but w/o repeating questions...jbo would be a pretty slow paced place

96 cavi'/WI j's
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:56 PM on j-body.org
96cavillac (Nik) wrote:
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:

we dont call intakes:

sucker pipes
air routing tubes
oxygen transports
etc....

well yeah some thing do have obvious names...im talking about more technicial stuff then an intake...say...the blower motor resistor, a person that isnt an expert in electronics may not know that peice is called a resistor somthing compleatly new to others

i guess i shouldnt say "more often then not people do search" because we can never really know for sure, i guess i just try to give people the benafit of the doubt and i agree that i wish people would use it more often then not, but w/o repeating questions...jbo would be a pretty slow paced place

even with repetitive questions it is a slow paced place....

cant make any movement forward much if you keep redoing things

i agree with you on the blower resistor thing, but the only prob with that is..... most of the repeated stuff is common termed stuff.

intake
exhaust
pulley
throttle body

atleast when it comes to the performance forum

suspension is more like

springs
coilovers
struts
shocks
swaybar
strut brace
strut mount
camber kit

since being here from pretty much the start, when jbo vs rksport message board was like the weekly highlight on both boards, if someone in the past was told to search for simple terms, no one really got pissed.

now days people get pissed if you say

"heres the answer ************ answer***** also you can look up *****another answer**** if you want more info...."

if its not what they wanna hear.

but like GAM said, people are gonna get pissed, just be who you are, if they get pissed, let em be pissed and sit there and think about how long and why they got pissed via the internet

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search