i dunno about you but this pissed me off - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i dunno about you but this pissed me off
Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:01 PM on j-body.org
Phelps' Group Protests At Soldier's Funeral
members of the Rev. Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., are picketing military funerals, KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reported Friday.The group has made national headlines for traveling throughout the country to picket gay churches, gay weddings, and the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student who was murdered in Wyoming in 1998.

Friday, about 15 members of the group -- some of them children -- picketed the funeral of a St. Joseph soldier who was killed in
Iraq. Mahoney reported that the group stood across the road from the Grace Evangelical Church during the funeral of 21-year-old Spc. Edward Myers
"The first sin was being a part of this military. If this young man had a clue and any fear of God, he would have run, and not walked, from this military," said protester Shirley Phelps-Roper. "Who would serve a nation that is godless and has flipped off, defiantly defied, defiantly flipped off, the Lord their God?"

One protester had an American flag tied to his belt that draped to the ground. He was holding a sign that read, "Thank God For IEDs," which are explosive devices used by insurgents to blow up military convoys.

Protesters said America has ignored the word of God, and those who defend the nation must pay a price.

"That's the first piece of solid evidence that you have that the young man is currently in hell," Phelps-Roper said.

"The soldier is in hell now, you believe?" Mahoney asked.

"Absolutely," Phelps-Roper said.

'Protesters Were Rude'

About a dozen veterans stood across the road from the protesters, and Mahoney reported that there were some harsh words and insults traded between the two groups. However, sheriff deputies were stationed about 100 yards away and there was no violence.

"The protesters were so rude -- were disrespectful," said veteran Jim Fields.

"Do I like it? No, I don't. But what can you say, it's a free country," said veteran Dave Campbell.

Veterans told KMBC that a member of the soldier's family shouted at the protesters to leave, and they left about 20 minutes after the funeral started. Mahoney reported that there was applause from veterans and other crowd members when the protesters left.

After the funeral was over, one of the mourners commented on the irony of the protesters showing up at a soldier's funeral.

"They shouldn't protest the funeral for a man who was out there dying to protect the rights that they're demanding they receive," said Marvin Russell.

Russell said he thinks the soldier's family saw the protesters.

"I think it saddened them. They didn't say anything outright, but you could tell by the way they looked down that this was a sad thing to do. They're already in mourning, they don't need people like this to make it worse," Russell said.

Myers was buried with full military honors in Leavenworth National Cemetery. He leaves behind a wife and two children.

One of the protesters said the group is planning to picket other military funerals

(B)Phelps' Group Protests At Soldier's Funeral (/B)

Re: i dunno about you but this pissed me off
Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:04 PM on j-body.org
i personally think this is disgusting and i think theses people need to go back to take a look at there actions, seems to me their not very Cristian type people when you shame someones death i don't think they should be allowed to call themselms Cristian

Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:23 PM on j-body.org
How are these people Christian... they support insurgents of another religion blowing up American soldiers???!!! I thought these idiot fundamentalists were supporting Bush. I guess there are crazies on both sides that use God to back their beliefs?

Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:24 PM on j-body.org
I can't believe they're thanking god for allowing people to be killed(EIDs),lol. IMHO SOME Christians are getting as extreme as the terrorist. I love religion.
Saturday, August 06, 2005 10:16 PM on j-body.org
i don't even see those people as true "Christians". just a bunch of attention whores. young men and women put their lives on the line so phelp's and his "crew" can have the rights as they have now. what a bunch of ignorant little bitches.......
Saturday, August 06, 2005 10:21 PM on j-body.org
one of fred phelp's little butt buddies here in ky had a website about how "God hates the city of Harrodsburg" because it is "infested with fags" www.godhatesharrodsburg.com however the pussy took the site down because of death threats and lawsuites...what a disgrace to Christianity.................................. tools like him make me sick
Saturday, August 06, 2005 10:58 PM on j-body.org
I am a Christian, Catholic to be specific. I go to a Catholic high school and to church every weekend. You would expect me to be nice and tolerant and all that jazz. But if given the opportunity, I would personally beat each and every one of those people to within and inch of their life. This is just utterly wrong. I'm at a loss for words right now. So I'll just say this:

What the @!#$ are these people thinking?

Saturday, August 06, 2005 11:07 PM on j-body.org
Their religions are against gays, so they're FOR gay bashing?!!!!!

Sunday, August 07, 2005 5:50 AM on j-body.org
First off, Phelps' "church" is one of 3-4 shady "ministries" (Such as Benny Hinn and a few other extremely wealthy tele-vangelists) that doesn't make available any of it's records to the IRS... They're not obligated to, but, most every other religious institution does because they want open-ness.

Second: Phelps' "ministry" Is made up of family members. If you look at all the people that were quoted from his side of the story, they all have "Phelps" in their name somewhere.

Third: he has been investigated by the FBI for the promotion interstate dissemination of hate-literature... As yet, it still hasn't been substantiated.

Fourth: he's a chihuahua... He's a whole lot of talk, and nothing else, he's publicly distanced himself from Timothy McVeigh who cited him as an "inspiration" for lashing out at a black/jew/foreigner/indian/homo loving country.

Tempest in a teapot.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 7:29 AM on j-body.org
they should have the crap beat out of them till they pass out, then when they wake up, they'll find themselves in the middle of iraq, with only a bible and little american flags to save them, and wearing t shirts that say "i Hate Iraq" then seehow long they live

hell, its a new reality show

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Sunday, August 07, 2005 9:11 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:hate-literature... As yet, it still hasn't been substantiated.

Fourth: he's a chihuahua... He's a whole lot of talk, and nothing else, he's publicly distanced himself from Timothy McVeigh who cited him as an "inspiration" for lashing out at a black/jew/foreigner/indian/homo loving country.

First off, anyone with attitudes like that is no Christian, or at least, they haven't learned anything from the teachings.

Second off, don't get me started on the whole Oaklahoma city bombing thing. Anyone remember the first news reports? The ones that said there were 4 bombs in the parking garage and that two did not detonate and that bomb squads were in there disarming them at the time of the report. Or the reports that said the bombs were definately contructed by a US trained ordenance expert? McVeigh was not a nice guy, but he went to the chair on false evidence, there's no doubt.

PAX

Sunday, August 07, 2005 9:42 AM on j-body.org
They sound like the same type of people as binladden and his crew. Misread the Bible
and try to make everyone feel as they do. I like Mike2003's idea made me laugh.

Its unfortunate that this is even happened at all but even tho I would prob start a fight with these freeks I'd be no better then they are. Its there rifght to protest but if they didn't have the permits they should have been run out by the police. And if they did have permits then I sure as hell would go talk to what ever office let them protest a funerel.

Its just a shame thats all. I whole heartedly hope the F.B.I. can nail this wack job for something so they can lock him up where he can't hurt any more families or children.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 10:13 AM on j-body.org
Send him to me I'll let him do range maintenance during live fire

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Sunday, August 07, 2005 10:38 AM on j-body.org
LOL

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 1:18 PM on j-body.org
wow...

If your Christian how can you celebrate the death of someone?

Eventually there will not be a peaceful protest with this group. Soon they will protest somewhere that will incite violence.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 2:00 PM on j-body.org
They've already been punked a few times.

Mathew Shepard murder trial in Laramie WY a few years ago he was out there, and a groupd of friends of Shepard's grouped up in angel costumes and HUGE wing sails and whistles to drown/block out that jerk.

Hahahaha: The evidence against McVeigh was pretty solid. He would have been convicted had Terry Nicolls not rolled over on him. BTW 4 smaller bombs could not have created the same impact on the federal building that one truck-mounted bomb could have... plus, once ONE popped, the rest would have been buried in rubble along with any police that were around diffusing them.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 4:38 PM on j-body.org
I fully support their right to protest, but at a funeral?!?!?! *WTF There is a time and place for almost everything, but not protesting and inciting hate at a funeral for someone who died for their beliefs or lifestyle There are few redundant things I have feeligs toward, bu respect for the dead and mourning is one of them..

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, August 08, 2005 2:15 AM on j-body.org
they are afforded the liberty to protest in the manner they do because soldiers fought for their freedom from tyrany. ah, how irony works wonders.

those people are not Christian... they are a whack-job cult who doesn't have the foggiest clue what they are talking about.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:06 PM on j-body.org
friggin religious fanatics make me sick. god is their defense to everything. let god speak for himself next time we see him

Civickiller
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:28 PM on j-body.org
Personally it disgusts me too, but it all goes back to the freedom of speech and to assemble and s--t like that. If people can burn a flag in protest of the government they can picket a fag's funeral. That is if they're not actually disturbing it directly. I hate it but what can we do take away some right's when we feel like it is necessary?

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:59 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:They've already been punked a few times.

Mathew Shepard murder trial in Laramie WY a few years ago he was out there, and a groupd of friends of Shepard's grouped up in angel costumes and HUGE wing sails and whistles to drown/block out that jerk.

Hahahaha: The evidence against McVeigh was pretty solid. He would have been convicted had Terry Nicolls not rolled over on him. BTW 4 smaller bombs could not have created the same impact on the federal building that one truck-mounted bomb could have... plus, once ONE popped, the rest would have been buried in rubble along with any police that were around diffusing them.

The building stood remarkably well. Very little was burried in rubble, do you not remember? What about those early reports of bomb squads dissarming the 3 that didn't go off? What about the fact that if they had been planted and had gone off as suggested then the whole building would have come down? Then there's the ATF factor, the Waco documents being lost and that whole fiasco.. I don't really want to get into it, but needless to say, there's more to that story than meets they eye, that's for sure.

PAX

Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:29 AM on j-body.org
Saint wrote:Send him to me I'll let him do range maintenance during live fire

GOD, I very much want to smack them people in the head with a shovel. Repeatitaly.
Saint not a bad idea either.

@!#$ retarded cirrus midgets on welfare that think they have a religion of @!#$.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:42 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha: did you see what it looked like >before< the building came down?

There were reports during 9/11/01 that a plane accidentally "clipped" the WTC. News reports during an incident are notorious for being based on faulty word of mouth, and heresay.

It's primarily why I've decided to not bother with CNN/Fox TV news channels. I'll read the reports after the incident, because a press reporter can actually form their story without having to fill time.

If there were more bombs, at McVeigh's trial, the state would have used the other bombs that hadn't gone off as the lynch pin of the case to prove he did it and it would have been irrefutable. As it turns out, there was only the VIN# printed in indelible ink on a few of the cross-members of the Ryder truck carrying the charge that led to Nicholls and that led to McVeigh. If there were 3 other bombs (truck mounted I should specify) their individual signature (ie bomb-making method.. most bombers don't alter their chosen methods) would have been used as evidence, even their presence would carry weight of intent. There was no evidence of that as far as I know.

Waco is a different story.. the tear gas that was used in the evening before the fire crystalises after its fogged, and the powder left afterwards became an accelerant which spread the fire.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search