Lack of Appreciation & Lack of Manners on the ORG - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Lack of Appreciation & Lack of Manners on the
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 4:16 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Wow we agree on something after all Gam. thanks. Kanook or not your alright in my book.

I dont know if I spelled Kanook right but you know I am a product of Balto. city schools.

That explains a lot right there

It's Canuck, and you say it Can-nuck.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:59 PM on j-body.org
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:
96cavillac (Nik) wrote:
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:
96cavillac (Nik) wrote:i know I'm not as well known or been around as long as some of you guys but, one thing that really annoys me is the "use the search" b/s....it sounds easy but I've found that more often then not that people have tried to search but just haven't had the right terms. you know, not everyone calls everything by the same exact term....id have to say that more then anything bothers me...as for flaming the noobs, i personally believe its immature, people get made fun of because their not an expert in a specific field, using myself as an example, i know nothing whatsoever about fiberglass, but come to body work or some mechanical stuff, i may know more then a person who is awesome with fiberglass...does that make either one of us "stupid" "morons" ect ect...i don't think so, were all in this together..some have more knowledge under their belt then others...some people just need to calm down a little when they get behind their keyboards

on the majority, things usually have a common term...

we dont call intakes:

sucker pipes
air routing tubes
oxygen transports
etc....

well yeah some thing do have obvious names...im talking about more technicial stuff then an intake...say...the blower motor resistor, a person that isnt an expert in electronics may not know that peice is called a resistor somthing compleatly new to others

i guess i shouldnt say "more often then not people do search" because we can never really know for sure, i guess i just try to give people the benafit of the doubt and i agree that i wish people would use it more often then not, but w/o repeating questions...jbo would be a pretty slow paced place

even with repetitive questions it is a slow paced place....

cant make any movement forward much if you keep redoing things

i agree with you on the blower resistor thing, but the only prob with that is..... most of the repeated stuff is common termed stuff.

intake
exhaust
pulley
throttle body

atleast when it comes to the performance forum

suspension is more like

springs
coilovers
struts
shocks
swaybar
strut brace
strut mount
camber kit

i think were pretty much on the same boat here..some of the common repeted stuff should easly be able to be found in a search, the ones i was trying to defend are the people who ask a not quite as common question , that sure, may have be discussed once or twice and they get the "use the search button blah blah"

96 cavi'/WI j's
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:46 AM on j-body.org
Realy? Thats spelled funny. Looks like you can't even try to reason wiht these guys and call a truce. I tried like 2 times but they keep going like a bad version of the Energizer Bunny. Oh well looks like I now have some special friends for ever.
( sigh ) Gam I'm sure glad your up there in Canada that way I don't get a bad idea about all of you. Oh well I guess I'll be argueing with these guys till dooms day.

No. Wait a minute, just cause they act the way they do doesn't mean I have to lower myself to there level! HA! I don't have to argue with them at all. I'll just pretend they're
not there at all. I don't need them not even a little bit. I'll just hang out up here where you guys actualy know how to act towards one another.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:48 AM on j-body.org
ummm... what?

/me scratches head...

umm...oookay.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:35 AM on j-body.org
Gam I'd like to offer you a sinser "thank you". I re-read your post about not letting them get to me and after I calmed down a bit I realized you were completely right. I won't let them get me down, I'll just move on. This is the internet and I should not let people get to me I guess I need to work on this a little more. But with the help of people like you
hopefully one day they wont be able to get to me at all. Cause in the end if they want to be bitter and childish all I have to do is smile and waive goodbye. I don't have to prove anything.

Thank You.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:41 PM on j-body.org
Glad to be of service

Thursday, August 04, 2005 5:46 PM on j-body.org
i'm sorry, i could not resist, but at least it wasn't malicious

Thursday, August 04, 2005 6:04 PM on j-body.org
/me sits looking pained and confused.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 5:31 PM on j-body.org
I will add my 2 cents just cuz I can lol ... I think for the most part people on the org are very helpful and a lot are very nice and help out a lot but some people just flame you to death because they don't like something you did ... case and point pretty much everytime I post something about my car asking for help nobody really answer's my question they just tell me how ugly my body kit and well for those of you who tell me that (and you know who you are) I don't care because I probably think your car is pretty ugly anyway lol ... now for all those who have been helpful to me and answered all my questions in a nice polite way (you know who you are) thank you very much for all the help and support even if you don't like my body kit I can deal with it lol I just hate when people make sure they are rude about it ok off the soupbox on to something better lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search