I can't Wait for 2008 - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I can't Wait for 2008
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:34 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

You do realize that you pay less taxes under W than under the Clinton Admin right? Then again, you were probably not working in 2000 under Bubba.

Yes you are right but in terms of economics , conservatists have more disadvantages using this approach. If you tax and spend like clinton you end up boosting your GDP alot more than giving tax cuts to people so they can spend their money (some people won't spend their money), it works but not as effectively.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:20 PM on j-body.org
But the dems ( at least recently ) have been trying there damnest to turn govt. into big govt. into big brother. Sorry but I don't like being told what to do.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:10 PM on j-body.org
Jacob B wrote:
Quote:

You do realize that you pay less taxes under W than under the Clinton Admin right? Then again, you were probably not working in 2000 under Bubba.

Yes you are right but in terms of economics , conservatists have more disadvantages using this approach. If you tax and spend like clinton you end up boosting your GDP alot more than giving tax cuts to people so they can spend their money (some people won't spend their money), it works but not as effectively.

jackalope wrote:But the dems ( at least recently ) have been trying there damnest to turn govt. into big govt. into big brother. Sorry but I don't like being told what to do.

Economic Growth, Tax Receipts Combine to Reduce Deficit

By Jonathan Weisman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, July 2, 2005; Page D01

An unanticipated surge of tax payments may push the 2005 federal budget deficit as much as $100 billion below official forecasts, leaving Republicans to claim vindication in their theory that lowering tax rates actually boosts tax receipts.

In addition, this week the Commerce Department reported a solid economic growth rate of 3.8 percent for the first three months of 2005, an improvement on the earlier 3.5 percent estimate and more ammunition for Republican boasts that their tax cuts are the cause of this performance.
WashingtonPost

So explain to me how all of a sudden the government is taking in more money without raising tax's? Keep in mind that Clinton didnt have the world trade center fall during his term and fight a full scale war.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:32 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:But the dems ( at least recently ) have been trying there damnest to turn govt. into big govt. into big brother. Sorry but I don't like being told what to do.

this is both the dems and the reps. after all, the reps will censor you under the white elephants of "family vaules" and "protecting our country."

dem or rep...it doesn't matter, you're bleeding from the anus either way

Goodbye Callisto & Skaği, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:55 PM on j-body.org
I don't see where the reps are trying to increase govt. thats the reason for the tax cuts to try to force the dems to decrease the size and reach of the govt. So far all the censoring I've seen has been done by the dems. look at this Grand Theft Auto game that good old Hilerey champion of the people and defnder of everyones rights has done to it.
I work with a guy named Bobby he is BIG into video games I mean like silly big. He was
telling me there is no "secret" section of the game unless you send it away to RockStar games and they install a $150.00 upgrade chip. Now if this is true then that would mean (GASP) Hilerey and the other dems are lyers and now proven in a national spotlight. Why do you think they're trying to push this under the carpet so fast. They
have already been made to look so bad by goof balls like Gore, Dean, and lets not forget the leader of them Kerry.

Don't get me wrong the reps aren't much better but as of late its been us voting to keep the worst guy out of office.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 5:46 PM on j-body.org
The dems want to make the world no offensive to every other race, religion, gender, and status in life except for the W.A.S.P. males.

the reps want to make sure that family values are there, that nothing can destroy the false innocence we claim our children have, and that strong morals, like taught in the bible are upheld and that nothing unamerican is spoken of.

In other words, they are both guilty--from different levels (and yes, the above is a generlization).

Either way, there should be no limit to freedom of speech or expression, whether you want to hear it or not, and anyone who says otherwise is, as cliché as it is, unamerican.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:20 AM on j-body.org
Good point keeper. But someone will always be offened by what you say. Its just reality
there are always gonna be cry babies anywhere you go. The familt values thing isn't all that bad, its nice to be able to let kids be kids as lond as they can. You only have like about what 13-15 years before your fun is all over let kids be kids they'll grow up soon enough.
And freedom of speach and expression should always be just that free. I don't want antone telling me what to think.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 8:37 AM on j-body.org
To let kids be kids is to let the parents do their job, not the government policing the airwaves. After all, every 10-12 year old boy is going to want to see a picture of a naked lady, and if he does, it's up to the parents to handle the situation, not the governement to make sure it doesn't happen.

Family values are the the individual family makes of it, not what some political hustler who's deep in the pcoket of the religious right tells us it is.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:17 AM on j-body.org
I agree with you keeper. Thats why I dont like the dems as of late wanting to tell me
crap like " it takes a whole village to raise a child " B.S. it takes parents acting like parents and not friends of there son and or daughters.

Rollin I just saw your post sorry I must have missed it this morning. I'm not sure why
you quoted me there it you would be so kind as to show me how it relates that way I know how to respond. Not being rude just don't know thats all.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:53 AM on j-body.org
Sorry, I was only meaning to quote Jacob B and I dont really know how you got on there jackalope. Must have been a brain fart, my bad lol
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 12:34 PM on j-body.org
No biggy dude! its cool.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:44 PM on j-body.org
No, it's more like the world at large raises the child, and it's up for parents to be the disseminating factor to help them make heads-or-tails out of it and help the child interpret it--but both action, and inaction.

In other words, strssing "good christian values in all avenues of life", which seems to be a republican mantra, is not the answer. Nor is banning any game because a kid might see it. It's up to the parents to, like you said, be parents, and make sure thatthey not only help filter the more brutal aspects of life down to digestible chunks for the young, but also to try and teach them how to cope with the brutal reality when the parents aren't around.

Afer all, the ultimate goal of parenting is to raise a child to become an independent, free-thinking member of society that is reposnsible for their own actions, knows this, is able to disseminate right from wrong, and lives life in a way they see fit and accepts all the consequences both good and bad for their choices, and that means that from 0-18 years old, they have to lean how to confront a good portion of this sick sad world we live in, and deal with it without momy and daddy hold thier hand, and have to learn to function and get through situations not covered. In a lot of cases, that means that parents, teachers, and the government at large can't be predisposed to making childhood an "innocent" time--especially when there is a danger of @!#$s out there molesting kids as young as 6 months out of the crib. Where's the innocence there?

Ignorance is always a danger. I find hiding the reality or enshrouding it behind the sheer drapery of "sin" does more damage than making sure that the kids know that it is there, know the consequences, and are able to make that descsion for themselves.

After all, kids aren't as stupid as we think they are.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:21 PM on j-body.org
Wow keeper easy does it man! I'm agreeing with you. And by inocent I mean like
Santa Clause and the Tooth Ferry type stuff. Kids shouldn't be allowed to even watch the news. A 8 year old does not need to hear about how someone was raped or shot
or how someone was murdered. It gives them nightmares. The world could only raise a monster not a child just look at some of the s--t thats out there. It can mess a little kid up bad thats why we are here as parents. To parent. But again I agree gont. should stay out of my parental desisions they have absolutly no right to tell me to take them to church or to tell me I can't buy them a video game if I want to.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:21 PM on j-body.org
Sorry, a touchy subject for me. I just hate seing kids that were over-coddled and sheltered from reality only to have reality slam home hard.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:54 PM on j-body.org
Agreed. protecting is one thing but over protecting them is worse.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:30 PM on j-body.org
Meh...

I knew about the human body from about 7 yrs old.. (mom is a nurse)
I knew about murder from about 10-12.. (my best friend's dad killed his mother and then himself)
I knew about poverty from about age 4 (my dad was a long-haul truck driver before he got his @!#$ together, and mom paid ALL the bills)
I knew about family violence from age 12 (my dad made a punching bag of me once, I won't get into how I made that up to him)

I don't want my kids to know what I knew in the same details as I did. Childhood is something that is not entirely innocent, no... but I don't want to dash my kid's ideas about the world either. I've seen some of the worst a "Civil" society produces, and I want my kids to have a better outlook on the world than I currently enjoy.

Hemmingway wrote: "The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for."

I think the latter part is true.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:30 PM on j-body.org
Geez Gam no wonder you turned out the way you did ( kidding) dude that blows
donkey dongs! Sorry to hear it man.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 5:40 PM on j-body.org
It is how it is. Kids are a lot smarter than most give them credit, but you still have to monitor them, smarts is not a substitute for seasoning.

Anyhow...

Back to less heavy things:

I have a question, and maybe someone with a better perspective on this can answer for me... If the Republicans are all gung-ho about smaller government, why is it that they created the Homeland Security Agency, a department which assumes the INS's mandate, as well as "facilitates inter-law agency communication," at initially double (now nearly quadruple IIRC) the INS's budget and when the FBI/ATF/Treasury/INS/NSA/NSIA/FEMA all have comunication branches that link into each other? My other question is: why is it that HLSA has not got an Interpol communication line? Why is it that they are directing their international terrorism communications through the FBI when it is pretty much their mandate?

Please, someone answer me that because I've been trying to wrap my head around that for the last 3 years.

And the final thing that I have to ask: How is it that all this new bureaucracy (in the guise of smaller government, or the superlative use of Double-Think) is helping to weed out terrorists and more importantly, catch terrorism suspects when they're freely entering the USA with Bloody Chainsaws in a Knapsack?

Friday, August 05, 2005 5:45 AM on j-body.org
The dept of Homeland secuity is kind of a nessacery evil thanks directly to 9-11. When
congress found out that the different levels of inteligence knew bits and pieces of a plot but noone knew a big picture cause each and every field office was reporting to its own director and the director would check to see if it was worth passing along to higher ups.
Now every inteligence group was also hoarding there intell cause they wanted to be the big shots and bust the bad guys themselves. Noone was comunicating. So Congress
reps and dems BOTH ( gasp I know, work together who would have thunk it ) decided
that there needed to be better comunication interdepartmentaly and the only way that was ever gonna happen was to put someone in charge of the whole intel community
in the country. If you have ever delt with the F.B.I. and others you know they like to think they are hot s--t so without a central office to make these kids play together nicely they never would have.

Gam I'm surprised you didn't know this your a bright guy. But I'm glad I could help out.

Friday, August 05, 2005 8:52 AM on j-body.org
See, Jack, I know that's the one page synopsis that was given to congress, I just want to know why:
- They have usurped the INS's mandate for screening migrants (which is outside their original mandate)
- HLSA is doing this, yet the aforementioned agencies STILL have to communicate with each other and with the HLSA now...

It's one more bloated agency to deal with, and it has jurisdictional over-ride over several other agencies (like Port Authorities). It's also interesting that they can eject foreign nationals without any kind of due process, by Foreign nationals, I don't mean regular joes, I mean diplomats.

If you wanted to see the Comms people play nicely, Mandate full daily disclosure, The only people that will be pissed off perpetually is the CIA.

Friday, August 05, 2005 10:21 AM on j-body.org
They need to keep an eye out for more of these terrorist wack jobs. I don't mind them looking at a planes manifest before letting it into our airspace to make sure we don't get nailed again. We lost too many good people that had nothing to do with the middle east.

Gam I don't see the problem in booting anyone out thats come from a country that openly suports terrorists. I also don't see anything wrong with booting out a regular
joe if his/her name pops up on a watch list. Sorry if its an inconvenence but hey you
gotta do what you gotta do. And if kicking out people who MIGHT be a threat and Might
kill people is wrong then by all means tell me I'm wrong. I would much rather ship
someone out of here then bury 1000's more people.

I understand its yet another buacratic money pitt but unfortunatly I think its one that we actualy need. Now if all the intel agencies could have just learned to play nice with each other we wouldn't even be discussing this. But in the end they're the reason we need it cause without it they each think there king s--t and wont play nice, so someone had to make them. Enter HOMELAND SECURITY.

Monday, August 08, 2005 10:33 AM on j-body.org
It is wrong.

Because then you negate "innocent until proven guilty". On of the rights of americans is that they they are innocent until proven guilty.

But there is no law guarenteeing that you have the right to live tonmorrow.

So, if it's determined that it's only suspicion, and not guilt that determines whetrher someone is sentenced for treason, then can we really call ourselves "land of the free?"

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, August 08, 2005 11:09 AM on j-body.org
Keeper you are aware of the shoot to kill order given to capital police right? Just in case your not I'll touch on the highlights for you and you tell me which rights are getting screwed here. If you as an american citizen are deemed to be an imedate threat to the lives of others around you and you for what ever reason refuse to listen to the orders given by the police they now have the authority to shoot to kill. they now aim for the head rather then the body. This has already been implamented by Washington D.C. capital police as well as several agencies thru out the country as of yesterdays report by Fox news. This is for everyone who fits a "profile" as told by the director of homeland security, American citizen or forigner does not mater you will be shot and killed and there is nothing anyone can do or say about it. Nice huh? And here I thought we beet the nazi's during WW II. This was passed in a bi-partisoned commity of both reps and dems. England has the same policy now so do Isreal and several other countries.

So if suspicion can get you shot and killed and the officer who pulled the trigger can't get in any trouble at all and the state cannot be held liable either. Then what makes you think the govt. could give a rats ass less about who they ship out for whatever reason or hold as an enimy combatent which automaticly removes any rights you once had and they can do whatever they want to you.

Its sad to think that we actualy have very little to no rights at all.

Monday, August 08, 2005 12:24 PM on j-body.org
the key to that statement is "refuse to listen to orders and are deemed a threat to ther lives of the people around you."

Which usually means you have to have done something first. The line will be crossed when they deem it someone that fits a racial, social, or economical profile without an exact matech for a specific person (i.e. accosting someone wearing a turban that is taking pictures of the whitehouse while on a public Right-of-way)). Then it gets into a profiling case especially if the person is (a) a U.S. Citizen, or (b) has a valid visa and passport.

However, it's a fine line that is being treaded, eventually it could be "anyone undesirable to the one making the descsion".

Still, we can only blame ourselves--we elected these @!#$s. President--congress--whoever, in then end it's US who's to blame, because we somehow thought that they'd actually do a good job at upholding the freedoms the military has provided with blood.

So, you have to chalk this one up for the stupidity of the average american for buying into the illusion of security without realizing that it won't matter how many searches, screenings, questions, and harrassment, or how many liberties we give up--there will ALWAYS be a threat to life from disenfranchied groups out there.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, August 08, 2005 1:36 PM on j-body.org
Well at least you know its our fault.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search