Governor - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Governor
Monday, August 15, 2005 1:10 PM on j-body.org
Hey I wasn't getting smart with you easy dude. I said its silly but this is Daves house so we have to play by his rules. Its that simple, don't like it you don't have to play.
Again I'm not getting smart with you I was just saying...

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, August 15, 2005 1:13 PM on j-body.org
What else is illegal? Turbos, supercharges etc are completely legal. Nitrous is track legal... Cat removal? Well ya, that should be discouraged in favour of a high flow cat.. What else? More importantly, what safety features are being removed with instruction on the forum?

PAX
Monday, August 15, 2005 1:18 PM on j-body.org
I have no problem with anyone on JBO including Dave. I was just saying that RISK MANAGEMENT is in place for a reason and it should be bound by rules that apply to certain topics that could potentially fall into this category.

As long as Dave is not the one posting information on the website's forums personally. He is NOT responsible for them and I would just love to see any Judge think otherwise.

That was my point on this topic. I don't really care if it changes nothing... it's just a discussion.

Monday, August 15, 2005 1:46 PM on j-body.org
Oh yeah well BIG PINK BUNNY BALLS COVERED IN ICE CREAM AND DIPPED IN CHOCOLET. Now let that sink in for a second and now laugh. Relax this is the internet.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, August 15, 2005 2:08 PM on j-body.org
man i have not been here that long but i do remember back when people were still giving out instructions for this right before the demise and instant death of any vss post. i know how to do it, will i ever? no, why would i? do i need it? no i don't need it and no i don't need the ego boost from being able to brag to someone that i can kill myself better than they can. do i think i can drive that fast? yes i have. do i need to do it anymore? no, i grew up and have a family, and if some asshat kills them because they decided to try this i will burn down their family tree, why, because what do i have to lose.

the mod itself is rather self explanatory, if you do not have the ability to think that hard but want, usually not need, this mod then you probably don't need it. those that are serious will get it one way or another, who cares if they get it somewhere else they just won't get it here. do i have a problem with that? no, why should anyone. like event said they can find it they are just too damned lazy, those are the people that definitely SHOULD NOT have this mod.

for all the people that think it should be given out here, great start your own web site www.vssmodsforjbodies.org/forums/dumba$$e$ and put a disclaimer on it and have a great time with it. unless you wake up tomorrow and find a little door that lets you get into dave's head it won't be available here, get over it life goes on.

Monday, August 15, 2005 3:07 PM on j-body.org
...BzE... wrote:
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:
...BzE... wrote:I dunno.

I still think that information that can easily be obtained from the internet would be too difficult to blame on just one website or one user.

not always....

kid kills someone and blames it on a video game, that holds up in court...
same occured in the 90's with "gangster music" as it was called.

anytime a parent can blame a media medium or a scapegoat cause of their kids death, F-ups, or accidents, or dismemberment...they will do so...

not always in hopes of money, but alot of times simply because it sheds blame from themselves not being responsible.

the person him or herself doesnt always have to blame something, but those left behind will....

hell just look at the current rockstar game, GTA san andreas... all trying to ban it cause it has sex in it.... welcome to real life, sex happens. your kids know about it. especially by highschool. and if they have a computer prob have worse things on the comp than a video game.

but grandma wants to sue???

Quote:

I think the "VSS" mod has been blown WAAAAAAAY out of proportion.

oh no doubt, however it shows how many dumb arse F-tards are on this site. if you wanna know about it, reallllly...how hard is it to simply do a search, or freaking google it. people must not want it all that bad if they are too lazy to search. its like welfare.... if you are too lazy to do a bit of work to benefit yourself, then should you sit back and collect...

hell no.

I understand, however... the JBO is not really comparable to video game manufacturers. Just because someone told them how to do the VSS mod, doesn't mean that same person told them to go and speed all over the highways. That was their decision and if it should result in injury or death... then the person driving made that decision... not the people on the JBO.

On any forum. People discuss various topics... this does not involve the web admin. Anything you learn on a forum is no different than to discuss those same topics via email.

Also, just because someone knows about the VSS mod... doesn't mean they are going to do it to their car... it's general knowledge.

i can be and will be viewed as the same though...

something that is for leisure to where you can potentially learn how to do things.

just because a video game like san andreas might tell you how to get parts together to make a bomb... doesnt mean you have to do it...

but some idiot will... and when something goes wrong, the game gets the blame.... same as for here, someone learns how to do something, which is also odometer fraud to add to it, then when dealers catch on to it, they have another thing to complain about.

and realistically, most people here arent here for knowledge in that aspect of general knowledge.... most people are here stating

"i keep losing to so and so;s import, my governor cuts out at 108, how do i pass this..."

so its obvious the avg persona asking for it is an idiot that

1) doesnt realize that if they didnt win by the time i kicked in, they lost. period (its not like we have an extra gear or something to where we magically pull

2) too lazy to look it up.

3) is planning to use it, and not just for general knowledge.

but like its been said over and over and over again, those who actually can use it, know how to do it. by that point and time you know enough about the car and what to do to make it happen

Monday, August 15, 2005 3:33 PM on j-body.org
Well, i always thought the VSS mod was stupid because it stops the odometer from ticking, and then if you'd ever sell the car, you'd be in some serious crap.

Still, the most humorous thing about that mod happened way long ago when i misheard that if you did it to an auto--the tranny would think it wasn't going anywhere, and downshift into first...

Now, picture, for a moment, a car going 108 that downshifts into first...I think the wheels would stay and the car would begin to revolve around the engine, or there's be 4 cylyndrical dents being put into the hood from underneath it. Maybe, just maybe, the engine would shoot foward through the radiator like a cannon ball through crepe paper...

ahh well, i can dream, can't I?

Anyhow, while it could be construed that a LOT of things copuld be considered illegal on this site, you have to look at probable intent:

Within the civilized world, t's a good bet that you can't drive for long without your cat--inspection will get you if emmissions doesn't--thus, it's likely that it could be construed that the vehicle's for track use only.

The rest i can be construed as well...

BUT.

Unless you're running radical mods in your J, you're not going to hit 108 before the end of the 1/4 mile, and by that time you'd most likely be running an aftermarket ECU anyways. Thus, legally, it could be said that there is no way it weould be legally necessary to use the VSS cutoff mod, except for streetracing, an illegal practice.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, August 15, 2005 4:29 PM on j-body.org
heres my take on it...........nobody should tell anyone else about it, because if you can't figure out how to bypass the vss on a jbody, not only should you never go near any wires ever again, but you probably should kill yourself because if you look at a schematic for about 5 seconds its plain as day what you need to do to bypass it

and yeah, its daves house, so daves rules, no vss disabling posts aloweed

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, August 15, 2005 4:35 PM on j-body.org
KOTL-lmfao reading your post while my daughters were singing ring-around-the-rosey, don't know why but it was funny as hell.

to clear up some misinformation though, when you do the vss mod in an auto nothing bad really happens. the flux capacitor will go into safe mode and only certain programs in the bcm & ecu are able to be accessed, just hope you don't still have windows 95, iif you do you better hit the foglight switch, ac button and throttle all at the same time 2x real fast to do a hard reset before the fuel pump explodes.

Monday, August 15, 2005 5:52 PM on j-body.org
...BzE... wrote:What if someone tries to do a lambo door conversion based on the instructions from JBO / USER? *** Something goes wrong they guy gets mashed in the head by the door causing a concusion... CAN THEY SUE JBO? SURE!!!

What if someone tries to do the HID conversion based on the instructions from JBO / USER? *** The car catches fire overnight in the garage and sets the entire house aflame!
CAN THEY SUE JBO? SURE!!!

What if someone tries a blowjob method based on the instuctions from JBO / USER??
Chokes on load and almost dies of suffocation or suffers massive sperm burns to the innards of the nose?? CAN THEY SUE JBO? SURE!!!

Lets be fair here, there is a drastic (and legal) difference between those examples and the VSS mod. In the above examples, the injuries are the result of misuse or incorrect application of modifications. HID's aren't designed to catch houses on fire. Blowjobs aren't designed to asphyxiate the blower. However, By it's nature, the sole purpose of the VSS mod is to travel faster than 108 MPH. That is what distinguishes those other modifications (turbos, etc.) from the VSS mod. Other mods (while potentially aid in illegal activities) also aid in legal activities, and our censorship of those mods would be over-broad.

As for the decision to disallow the modification, it was done simply because the modification has absolutely legal benefit to our vehicles, except to those that trap higher than 108 in the 1/4 mi. It was also our conclusion as policy makers, that those who trap higher than 108 are competent enough to be able to figure out the VSS mod without the JBO's assistance. In the end, it was our conclusion that the only people who would need to ask the JBO about the VSS mod are those that do not trap higher than 108 MPH in the 1/4, and are likely travelling those speeds illegally.

In then end, it was a decision that we as policy makers determined would be benificial to the JBO as an organization. If you don't agree with it, I'm sorry, but we examined and discussed this issue and then made our informed suggestion on it.

Monday, August 15, 2005 6:00 PM on j-body.org
It can be simply out like this:

If you cant figure out such an simple mod as this is, then you dont need to know. PERIOD.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, August 15, 2005 6:55 PM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:It can be simply out like this:

If you cant figure out such an simple mod as this is, then you dont need to know. PERIOD.

exactly.........give this man a cookie

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, August 15, 2005 7:55 PM on j-body.org
Thing is, toboggan, it would make sense, although i'm nto sure of the ins-and-outs of the electrials concerening the trannys for the J's--in regards to the input sensors, the VSS cutoff makes your car think it's not going anywhere--and anything--like the odometer and the speedometer that rely on that pulse information, could cause some serious issues--like if the transmission pulled the vehicle speed from the VSS.

While my understanding is that it won't drop into first, it is conceivable that gm would save a couple of bucks and make it so that it could.

which is why when i first heard it, it said to only apply it to manuals.

But even so, a lot of the neophytes here have to consider stuff in addition to what PCS had to say:

Since the minority of us are going to be the ones to keep our J's until they die (and subsequently give them a proper viking funeral, but i digress), it's conceivable that most people on this board will end up selling their J's.

if you do the VSS mod, it is considered by law tampering with the odometer, which means that you have to make a declaration of the actual mileage, or at least a declaration that the odometer is incorrect (and think about what that will do to the already-low resale value) or else it's a crime.

2 states i looked up (ohio and montana) have fines of $5000, and a jail sentance--could vary from 6 months to 10 years.

So, JBO would be protecting itself as accessory to the fact if someone was charged with this and decided to take JBO with them.

Makes perfect sense if you think about it.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:17 AM on j-body.org
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote:
...BzE... wrote:What if someone tries to do a lambo door conversion based on the instructions from JBO / USER? *** Something goes wrong they guy gets mashed in the head by the door causing a concusion... CAN THEY SUE JBO? SURE!!!

What if someone tries to do the HID conversion based on the instructions from JBO / USER? *** The car catches fire overnight in the garage and sets the entire house aflame!

What if someone tries a blowjob method based on the instuctions from JBO / USER??
Chokes on load and almost dies of suffocation or suffers massive sperm burns to the innards of the nose?? CAN THEY SUE JBO? SURE!!!

Lets be fair here, there is a drastic (and legal) difference between those examples and the VSS mod. In the above examples, the injuries are the result of misuse or incorrect application of modifications. HID's aren't designed to catch houses on fire. Blowjobs aren't designed to asphyxiate the blower. However, By it's nature, the sole purpose of the VSS mod is to travel faster than 108 MPH. That is what distinguishes those other modifications (turbos, etc.) from the VSS mod. Other mods (while potentially aid in illegal activities) also aid in legal activities, and our censorship of those mods would be over-broad.

As for the decision to disallow the modification, it was done simply because the modification has absolutely legal benefit to our vehicles, except to those that trap higher than 108 in the 1/4 mi. It was also our conclusion as policy makers, that those who trap higher than 108 are competent enough to be able to figure out the VSS mod without the JBO's assistance. In the end, it was our conclusion that the only people who would need to ask the JBO about the VSS mod are those that do not trap higher than 108 MPH in the 1/4, and are likely travelling those speeds illegally.

In then end, it was a decision that we as policy makers determined would be benificial to the JBO as an organization. If you don't agree with it, I'm sorry, but we examined and discussed this issue and then made our informed suggestion on it.

First off... The reason you could argue that the VSS mod is illegal is not because it allows you beyond 108... it should be mainly because the mileage stops when the switch is flicked which I am sure is Illegal everywhere.

Also... I never said I DISAGREE with the policy makers... I already know how to do the VSS mod from back in the day as did many other JBO members. I don't even own a J-body anymore and I never did the VSS mod on it. ***Informed Decision on my part***

I just doesn't understand the big deal with typing VSS and red flags going up! What if it is a legitamate question about the sensor itself? (i.e Location or Trouble shooting problem?)

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:55 PM on j-body.org
...BzE... wrote:
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote:

First off... The reason you could argue that the VSS mod is illegal is not because it allows you beyond 108... it should be mainly because the mileage stops when the switch is flicked which I am sure is Illegal everywhere.

Also... I never said I DISAGREE with the policy makers... I already know how to do the VSS mod from back in the day as did many other JBO members. I don't even own a J-body anymore and I never did the VSS mod on it. ***Informed Decision on my part***

I just doesn't understand the big deal with typing VSS and red flags going up! What if it is a legitamate question about the sensor itself? (i.e Location or Trouble shooting problem?)

there have been posts about "my vss sensor has thrown a cel code" and it was answered as it should be.

as for location or trouble shooting... anyone who plans to work, troubleshoot, or etc and doesnt have a manual... i think it goes without saying that if you work on critical parts and you dont even have something equivalent of a 13$ haynes or chiltons manual, its a remedial idea to do so.

but as said, the more legit questions are in the maintainence forum, and the titles are usually like "CEL VSS problem" etc...

not

"i need to go past 108"

very LARGE difference

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 5:52 PM on j-body.org
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:
"i need to go past 108"

Then convert your cluster to kmph...you'll easily break 108 then

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:48 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

13$ haynes or chiltons manual

Im not entirely sure about the haynes but I know for DAM sure they dont make a chiltons for 00+. I could have used that when removing my transmission, instead I played a guessing game.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:56 PM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:
Quote:

13$ haynes or chiltons manual

Im not entirely sure about the haynes but I know for DAM sure they dont make a chiltons for 00+. I could have used that when removing my transmission, instead I played a guessing game.

the chassis is the same, the engines are the same up to 02, being that you have the exact same engine as mine, the one i have....well used to have since its become a drill pad to protect the table.... has most of the useful stuff you will need.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:58 PM on j-body.org
I kinda figured that out, AFTER THE FACT. lol well i got it almost done though clutch is on but the tranny isnt.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 9:40 AM on j-body.org
There is a reason to have this mod done and it be legal. I'm currently in Europe right now. The average speeds on the "highway" are 85-90mph. It is so easy to do 105mph and not realize it because you really aren't passing that many people, just the police that actually do close to the speed limit. I know I know. Only .009% of the people here will ever have their cars in Europe and I'm not one of them. We have our Jetta instead.
Most of the mods here are illegal, especially in Virginia. Any exhaust that is not a stock replacement is illegal. That means larger exhaust pipes, "headers", dual muffler or anything else you can think of is illegal. I know I've gotten 1 ticket and gotten out of another because the judge didn't feel like arguing with me about it, no lie. So since that's illegal, so are turbos. Loud stereos, any altered suspension, and a few other things will get you hemmed up with the law in this commonwealth of VA.
I know why Dave cencors these topic, and I partly agree, but I've always been for the freedom of information. What you do with the information you are given is totally up to you. Too bad lawyers and such don't see it the same way. This post is not to bitch about the cencorship or try and change Dave's mind, I was just curious to everyone's opinion.

By the way, nothing bad happens with this mod with a 4T40E. The only negative side effect I've experienced was extremely harsh shifting. I imagine that was because the computer went into some kind limp mode and maxed out the shift points.

Is that a...a...a... a Cavalier?
Thursday, August 18, 2005 9:41 AM on j-body.org
eatsvtec wrote:and maxed out the shift points.

I meant maxed out the shift pressure.

Is that a...a...a... a Cavalier?

Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:12 AM on j-body.org
the only things that the 00+ don't have in the chiltons are the wiring diagrams, and the transmission for the manuals.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:28 PM on j-body.org
eatsvtec wrote:There is a reason to have this mod done and it be legal.

well like you said, most will never be in europe, so for the majority... no reason.

Quote:

Most of the mods here are illegal, especially in Virginia. Any exhaust that is not a stock replacement is illegal.

disagree.... i;ve posted atleast twice in the regionals forum exhaust laws in VA, most deal with you cant have it louder than stock. so you can upgrade legally, but not make alot of racket for no reason.

Suspension is also LEGAL in VA... i looked that up for pahtcub a while back. basically you cant go under 22.5 or 23 inches (one of the two) from mid beam headlight to the ground.

i looked into this big time since i went to highschool in VA, and almost college, and almost moved there AFTER college.

Quote:

By the way, nothing bad happens with this mod with a 4T40E.

if your transmission shifts hard and is MAXING out line pressure, it wears out things WAY faster.... any time it shifts hard its doing damage... might not be today might not be tommorow, but it does damage,and i would consider that bad...

its like saying smoking causes no harm, when its directly linked to lung cancer..... might not happen today, might not happen tommorow....well you get the pic

Thursday, August 18, 2005 5:13 PM on j-body.org
wait wait wait, screw this transmission vss garbage, you mean to tell me smoking causes lung cancer?

Thursday, August 18, 2005 9:36 PM on j-body.org

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search