Get Frustrated and Kill Someone?No biggie for GI's - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Get Frustrated and Kill Someone?No biggie for
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:08 PM on j-body.org
It is hard, and I'm not saying that prisoners don't walk themselves off the back of a 7-Ton with no ladder, but nothing to that degree. Interrogators are supposed to be seperate from the firefights so that they aren't emotionally involved, but it happens that they get emotionally charged just knowing that this person has wanted to hurt the country we are sworn to protect, and that's where good training and discipline come into play.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 3:23 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:mrgto: you think al-queda would treat you better? Who exactly is on the corect "moral" side of that incident?

If a guard in a prison here did half that stuff without cause, they'd be in Protective custody. after their trial.

AQ cuts heads off their prisoners even if they did NOTHING to them. She did not kill him. There is ZERO mention that what she did was DIRECTLY involved in his death.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:05 AM on j-body.org
^ That's not entirely true. The prisoner was complaining about his legs... they ignored it... their ignorance resulted in his death therefore making them partially responsible.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:24 AM on j-body.org
Most of you would be feeling different if you were over there. Knowing these people want to kill you. Depise you in every way. Cut off a fellow soldigers Head for no reason but being an American.

If she just walked up and shot an innocent woman in the head id understand. But @!#$ that prisoner..IM sorry buut i have way to many friends over there, over 12 at the moment. and i feel no remorse.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:34 AM on j-body.org
shake that women's hand

Civickiller
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:40 AM on j-body.org
no roscoe, i was over there 15 months to be exact and i still wouldn't abuse prisoners. its just not right, theyre a non combatant at that point and are no threat, no reason to hurt them. to me torturing a prisoner is like wounding the enemy to the point that he cannot fight and then going up and shooting them in the head instead of treating them and taking them captive. its unneccisary violence and that is not what the military is about, every soldier, airman, sailor and marine knows better than that.

so yeah, shake her hand, she abused an unarmed noncombatant.......sounds like what the terrorists are doing to us. so shake her hand, because terrorists are great

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:00 AM on j-body.org
Prisoner abuse is prisoner abuse--no matter how you look at it it needs to be punished--but there are always degrees of lawlessness. Don't believe me--imagine the difference in a ticket between doing 30mph in a school zone (which is 20mph here), or doing 80 in a school zone.

However, if we are trying to make it look like we are better than the terrorists, why stoop to their level?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:21 AM on j-body.org
^^ well put.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:47 AM on j-body.org
exactly...it sounds like what theyre doing to us....and eye for an eye then. they behead innocents, we torture their rebels. in some wars you just cant always be civil or political....thats why its war. anyone remember that lil thing called vietnam. we coulda whipped it off the face of the earth but because of politicians and other country's opinions tens of thousands of americans lost their lives in the name of democracy and freedom

Civickiller
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:58 AM on j-body.org
Thank LBJ for marshalling a war from the Whitehouse... and Nixon for prolonging it more than necessary.

anyhow...

All you get with an eye for an eye is a bunch of half-blind fools.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 3:15 PM on j-body.org
...BzE... wrote:^ That's not entirely true. The prisoner was complaining about his legs... they ignored it... their ignorance resulted in his death therefore making them partially responsible.

Really? you have the autopsy results?

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:12 PM on j-body.org
An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

You have over 12 friends over there, that's wonderful, are they on the ground in the cities? I was involved in Operation Al Fajr in December of 2004, a tiny involvement, but I was in the cty nonetheless, I had Marines that were involved in Al Fajr from the beginning of the Operation in November 2004. Don't tell me it's different, because you still have to have that discipline to know better. Did I want to kill every hadji that I saw yes, even the Iraqi Security Forces, but it wouldn't accomplish anything.

Tell me what is accomplished when a prisoner is killed, nothing, so if we kill a prisoner or if he doesn't talk it's the same thing. That's why we keep prisoners alive so that we can keep working them and get some worthwhile information out of them.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:03 PM on j-body.org
mrgto: that detail was in the story.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 6:31 AM on j-body.org
mrgto wrote:
...BzE... wrote:^ That's not entirely true. The prisoner was complaining about his legs... they ignored it... their ignorance resulted in his death therefore making them partially responsible.

Really? you have the autopsy results?

mrgto/CSI: Please listen to GAM.

It would help if you read the story...

Saturday, August 13, 2005 6:17 PM on j-body.org
It's sadistic, but I don't see anything wrong with the idea of torture. Maybe it is a good thing I am not in the Army anymore, and I am sorry if I shame any of you fellow soldiers, but look what it gets us? We are suppposed to be the better person, and yet our own country (US) is divided over whether or not they support soldiers, or the war, or nothing at all. I understand that if it was an eye for an eye then we would be screwed, but we could take fingers or toes or something too. In all seriousness, this being the better man thing is useless I think.

Sorry if i offend anyone.

Do I really need a signature?
Saturday, August 13, 2005 7:01 PM on j-body.org
If the US sanctioned torture, you'd have a LOT less support for the SOLDIERS. The hell with the war.

Also, Torture nets you nothing... using a phonebook/rubber hose to extract a confession out of a prisoner or prodding them to implicate others only got bad information from people that just wanted it to be over.

Ply a suspect, or make it worth their while to give up information, it's a better way to get good info, and it'll keep your hands clean. The real fanatics have already been beaten and broken down worse than what an interrigator can dish out, they'll just clam up. Talk to an abused kid and ask him/her to rat out their best friend (without knowing who it is) and you find out they're ratting out their worst enemy.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 7:09 PM on j-body.org
Dammit GAM, too quick for me. I admit my foul, and forfeit.

Do I really need a signature?
Sunday, August 14, 2005 1:31 PM on j-body.org

I know a bit about forensic interviewing techniques... not a lot... but enough.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search