The Bermuda triangle:Fact or Fiction - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The Bermuda triangle:Fact or Fiction
Sunday, August 14, 2005 7:06 PM on j-body.org
The bermuda triangle. What are your opinions on this. Is it real or make believe because of numerous strange events? Coincedence? or are there other forces at work here that we cannot comprehend.

I think its total BS, the bermuda triangle is a joke. Just ship captain and pilot error that give this area a bad reputation.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Re: The Bermuda triangle:Fact or Fiction
Sunday, August 14, 2005 8:25 PM on j-body.org

The Bermuda triangle is only 500,000 square miles big, which if your talking in terms of the all the water, it is really small.

Yet hundreds of ships and planes, and thousands of people have vanished in the area.

Now it wouldnt be so hard to believe the ships and planes went down considering where the triangle is, it gets lots of traffic. But the main problem is there is almost never any trace of anything found. Now granted I know the ocean is big and all, but they found the damn Titanic which sunk in 1912, back then the Titanic could only give its last location using longitude and magnitude. Yet they cant find planes in the Bermuda triangle that vanished in 2002.

Do I think there is some big spaceship floating around eating up the planes, no. Do I think it is odd how they all vanish an they never find any wreckage.

Here is the list of ships

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/lost_ships.html

and airplanes that have vanished in there

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/lost_aircraft.html

In 1945 five Navy planes vanished in bad weather in the Bermuda triangle. They sent out a rescue plane. The rescue plane crashed shortly after take off.

Seems odd how so much happens in that small area of water.

To be honest I wouldnt take a plane of boat threw the damn thing myself.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Sunday, August 14, 2005 8:54 PM on j-body.org
ive always found the bermuda triangle fascinating. no i dont think its "coincidence (pilot/captain error)" but i dont think there are "other forces (alien/government)" at work either. i think its got to be some sort of weird phenom or something that messes with gauges and electrical equipment. maybe there is a large magnetic field or whatever. i really dont know. but i think i would like to take a boat in there to see what its all about. i mean its not like EVERYONE who goes in there never returns

Sunday, August 14, 2005 10:19 PM on j-body.org
I actually watched a show about this topic today. Stuff does vanish in the area no question about it but this show proved it could all be natural occurrences. They claim boats sink if they float over areas in which large amounts of methane gases are being released under water. Then they proved it with models and a real boat. The gas reduces the density of the water and therefore the boat will sink if it is sitting low in the water already. In the case of large tanker ships, if a large deposit is released under the boat, it will literally swallow the boat or part of it in seconds leaving no time for distress calls or survivors. They showed a clip of an Australian military ship which they exploded a torpedo below it and the ship crumbled from the force of the blast alone coming up though the water. This is the same thing that would happen if large volumes of the gas was released with a boat over top.

Planes disappear for the same reason. Most of the plane that vanish where flying at low altitutes which is a major factor. They showed that if a plane engine intakes as little as 1% methane gas mixed in with oxygen the engine will die. At a low altituded planes will crash with no chance of restarting or sending a distress call. Multiple planes can go down at once if they were in a formation like flight 19. They where also trying to prove that a hot enough exhaust could ignite the gas and the plane would simply blow up but they didn't have a test engine that would get hot enough. The basic conclusion was that if a plane flys over a gas release the engines would cut out and it would crash in seconds.

Part of the reason most of these things have not been proven in the past or the planes and boats found is because people are afraid to go and look. Taking your million dollar boats and planes into an area notorious for such things disappearing and people dying doesn't sound very smart. The people on this show found tons of stuff on the bottom of the ocean including 5 planes that only thicken the plot. They were looking for flight 19 but found 5 military planes of the same make, model and year on the bottom within a mile or so of each other. The thing is that they disappeared / crashed over a 10 year span or something like that and it wasn't the 5 identical planes they were looking for.

The reasons they provided and the proof given was enough to convince me of the possibility. There are pockets of gas like this all over the world and if there is a concentration in this area it is definitely possible. Its not like every one who goes there dies but those who do never have a chance, it happens to fast. Too much stuff goes on there for something to not be happening and natural reasons are much more plausible since 90% of the ocean is still considered undiscovered.
Monday, August 15, 2005 3:02 AM on j-body.org
The methane release theory may explain some things, but not the reason for flight 19 to get lost first. With radio contact they could not find their way home. They ran out of gas while lost, that much is known for sure.

PAX
Monday, August 15, 2005 4:57 AM on j-body.org
1 st you have the methaine being relesed and you also have areas on this planet where the magnetic force that shows north for compasses just doesn't work right.
But as Haha pointed out none of that realy explains flight 19 or the search planes lost during the rescue mission to try and find them. Of corse they could have had just enough methaine to disorient them and not screw with the engines. Who knows what really happens out there?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, August 15, 2005 4:58 AM on j-body.org
Its funny though how 5 planes of the same make/model ended up within 1 square mile of each other if they all crashed over a 10 year span. I believe that it may have been the flow of the ocean currents that caused that to happen.

Freak Waves

have been proven to exist within the triangle and may be a suspect as well.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, August 15, 2005 1:46 PM on j-body.org
I've read about magnetic anomalies that happen in the area, and in another area (however MUCH larger, but not as concentrated effects) in the pacific.

60 dollars worth of shielding on the critical instruments would have fixed that, but who knows... It's not like these things happen daily... it's just strange that it happens in so small an area.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, August 15, 2005 2:11 PM on j-body.org
There are places on land were the magnetic field is screwed up too but its not as deadly seeing how you pull over in a car but its a little harder for a plain over the freekin ocean.

Monday, August 15, 2005 2:32 PM on j-body.org
Meh.. That's why I said $60 worth of sheilding helps Brass foil... it's the boobies.

I know of a few places where the magnetic fields are messed, meandering magnetic north for instance....

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, August 15, 2005 2:38 PM on j-body.org
Wouldn't it be hard to affect the earths magnetic field over the ocean. I could see it on land if you had a large ferrous metal deposit around you. The permeability of the metal could distort the field, but where would the metal be in the ocean. You would have to have an incredibly large amount of it in the ocean floor. I'm not sure this would even be enough.

Monday, August 15, 2005 3:02 PM on j-body.org
an explanation on the problems with all the planes are that everything is made by the lowest bidder, lol.

seriously though i saw that special also and thought it was rather interesting but damn if you want to search the area screw taking another boat or plane to sink, use a damned submersible.

Monday, August 15, 2005 6:02 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I've read about magnetic anomalies that happen in the area, and in another area (however MUCH larger, but not as concentrated effects) in the pacific.

60 dollars worth of shielding on the critical instruments would have fixed that, but who knows... It's not like these things happen daily... it's just strange that it happens in so small an area.

I think the name of the one your referring to is Devil's triangle and yes it IS quite large.

Monday, August 15, 2005 10:39 PM on j-body.org
i thought they called the bermuda triangle the devils triangle?

and take a sub in....! thats something i hadnt thought about before. i wonder if it would suffer the same effects?

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:52 AM on j-body.org
CavFire.com (tabasco) wrote:and take a sub in....! thats something i hadnt thought about before. i wonder if it would suffer the same effects?
I've been through the area many times (too many to remember) in a sub. I didn't pay much attention to navigational stuff, but I think someone would have mentioned if there were any "anomolies".
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:09 AM on j-body.org
Is doesn't have to do with metals in the ground it goes deper then that waaay deeper.
There are areas where the molten magma in the earths center slows down or swirls
this is what is theroized to screw with compasses. It also screws with birds and bats as well. Birds don't know whick way is south for the winter and make wrong turns and
end up in all sorts of weird places. Poor bats really get screwed with bad! Imagine being blind haveing to relie or rader to hunt for food and even find your way around,
now imagine your rader getting screwed up, not too cool.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:10 AM on j-body.org
fake, sometimes dense fog occures because of gases from underneath the ground actually causing the engines to cease or whatever the term properly is. but the number of deaths/crahes is exaggerated.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/618295
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:26 AM on j-body.org
Bermuda and devils triangle have always come up as the exzact same thing...they just differ in size by what maps your looking at.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:40 AM on j-body.org
TRD celica, Its not fake lots of people have disapeared there not just recently but as far back as there have been ships sailing the seas. Sail thru a large methanine cloud
everyone on board sofocates and the ship just sails aimlessly around till it hits something and sinks.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:58 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Is doesn't have to do with metals in the ground it goes deper then that waaay deeper.
There are areas where the molten magma in the earths center slows down or swirls
this is what is theroized to screw with compasses.

it would still have to be metallic, otherwise it wouldn't affect magnetic fields. I guess it would have to be like a regenerative brake setting up eddy currents. Interesting, and maybe plausible.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 2:04 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I actually watched a show about this topic today. Stuff does vanish in the area no question about it but this show proved it could all be natural occurrences. They claim boats sink if they float over areas in which large amounts of methane gases are being released under water. Then they proved it with models and a real boat. The gas reduces the density of the water and therefore the boat will sink if it is sitting low in the water already. In the case of large tanker ships, if a large deposit is released under the boat, it will literally swallow the boat or part of it in seconds leaving no time for distress calls or survivors. They showed a clip of an Australian military ship which they exploded a torpedo below it and the ship crumbled from the force of the blast alone coming up though the water. This is the same thing that would happen if large volumes of the gas was released with a boat over top.

I saw that same show...it made lots of sense I thought. Something about to much methane can be released there and the airplanes motor wont continue to run with the methane.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 2:08 PM on j-body.org
Makes you want to hold all farts till the end of the flight doesn't it ?

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 2:17 PM on j-body.org
^^^^ lmao

Better make the bathrooms on the plane air tight.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 3:19 PM on j-body.org
i wouldnt @!#$ with it

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:40 PM on j-body.org
Any of you pilots?
Im not but i know 2 people that are and they both agree that its all fiction.
Bunch of BS they called it.
not saying they are 100% correct about everything.. im just saying.. from 2 now retired pilots that have flown in that "triangle" they dont believe a word of it.

thats good enough for me.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/618295
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search