So the "smart states" voted KERRY!?? - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: So the
Monday, August 22, 2005 11:51 AM on j-body.org
Right back at ya!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, August 22, 2005 4:32 PM on j-body.org
Excidium wrote:Old news, but still pretty interesting.. Check it out..

http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm

Its an old hoax from a few years ago.

http://snopes.com/politics/ballot/stateiq.asp

-
Monday, August 22, 2005 7:05 PM on j-body.org
Well, most tests use 75 as the bottom marker for functional mental retardation...

Anyhow... I'd like to see the actual psychometric test data as a state by state comparison. The average by MENSA standards is 104.. IIRC.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 5:11 AM on j-body.org
So 104 and you can be in MENSA? That can't be right they would have been after me for years now.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:02 AM on j-body.org
whats an IQ test anyways?
i can guarantee you some farmers i know havnt set foot inside a large city, or know much atall about city life and the hussle and bustle of business and such. but do know more than any of us could about farming and all aspects of it.
so change the questions to what he could answer and he could get a high score. change it to what he doesnt, he will score less.

however rednecks are just.. rednecks and i cant imagine them scoring much no matter what the questions are except how imbred is their family line
^ bad joke sure.

IQ tests are also said to be more accurate when those taking it are children, how much info they could comprehend/remember/recall at that young age was to represent that after adulthood they would still be able to c/r/r large amounts aswell or small amounts depending on their "IQ"

theres an online IQ test.. i think my mom, whos never been to school past gr 13, scored 121 or something ridiculously high like that, while my uncle whos almost finished his doctorate in comp. engineering scored 90 smthing.

doenst meant anything atall.. just that my mom chose the " when in doubt circle C " method

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/618295
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:11 AM on j-body.org
121 isn't rediculously high. When I was in school I scored a 145 and the online test your referring to I scored a 144. So I'd say its fairly acurate. Just shows your moms is
a smart cookie thats all. And parents that have high IQ scores usually have children who score high as well. Which would seem to me that unless your dad is fall down stupid ( I doubt this ) Then you should score well also.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:14 AM on j-body.org
oh ya i know its not super high. but i mean this online test.. she was tied for a spot in the top 5 or something.. not many got higher , and not one person that took it was over 130 so .. ya.

but again that was an online test. im sure they are all different. and its probably just some waste of time to have fun with

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:16 AM on j-body.org
oh btw i think my dad is the dumbest mother fcker ever !

not to mention i hate his guts. but ya i get my intelligence i think from my mom, and my bother gets his lack of it from our dad.

heh. i was somewhere between 100 and 109 if i recall when i took it,
most average was in 90-110 i think. ( probably because the smarter people dont bother wasting their time lol )

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:31 AM on j-body.org
Jack: I goofed... Mensa requires 140 for admission.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:34 AM on j-body.org
WOO HOO !!!! I can join !!!! Wheres my app?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:36 AM on j-body.org
http://www.mensa.org/

You need to score that on THEIR psychometric tests.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:39 AM on j-body.org
I spoke too soon: You need a 98th percentile IQ score from their IQ/psychometric test.

http://www.mensa.org/index0.php?page=10&PHPSESSID=7cee5b88ed6ff08a72205762c87651bb

Quote:

How do I qualify for Mensa?

Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for membership eligibility.

The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test. Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion. Candidates for membership in Mensa must achieve a score at or above the 98th percentile (a score that is greater than or equal to 98 percent of the general population taking the test) on a standard test of intelligence.

Generally, there are two ways to prove that you qualify for Mensa: either take the Mensa test, or submit a qualifying test score from another test. There are a large number of intelligence tests that are "approved". More information on whether a test you have taken is approved, as well as information on the procedure for taking the Mensa test, can be obtained from the nearest Mensa office. There are no on-line tests that can be used for admission to Mensa. Feel free to <a href="http://www.mensa.org/contact.php?action=show">contact Mensa</a> for specific details about eligibility.

Mensa has no other eligibility requirements other than IQ testing. However, many tests are not valid for people under the age of 16. You should contact the nearest Mensa office for more information.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:59 AM on j-body.org
You mean the test on the pack of matches doesn't count? Oh darn!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:32 PM on j-body.org
No.. sorry.

I think I took the admission test a long while ago, I don't know what happened afterwards. I don't even bother picking up their puzzle books anymore.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:43 AM on j-body.org
Hmmm... I forget which was which, but I've taken one test in school and one online... one I got 157 and the other I got 164... I think the 157 was in school... but I don't remember...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:06 PM on j-body.org
^^^^and voted for Kerry

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:25 PM on j-body.org
Fallen: it depends.. there's a few different kinds of tests, and I've done them at least once.

- Health dept. mental hygene tests (vary from country to country and state to state)
- MENSA tests
- British standard Intelligence quotient non-adaptive/adaptive tests
- American medical association psychometric test

I've taken the adaptive and non adaptive tests... they're easy as hell, the hardest part is making sure my answer blots line up with the correct question marker.

The Mensa tests IIRC involve non-traditional thought constructs... and require heavy-problem solving abilities.

The Mental hygene tests are basic psychometric tests that have a progression of pictures, and you have to order them in correct forms (usually it's a woman making bread or a man cutting a tree down), and a series of short situational blurbs and you have to put yourself in the role of one of the characters, and you blot out how you would feel... yeah.. I just made pictures once... I kinda set off weird alarm bells.

anyhow...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:35 PM on j-body.org
Well I know the one I took had a lot to do with problem solving, seeing patterns and recognising them, more problem solving... well mostly problem solving... with a couple of extra things thrown in here and there... some were pretty difficult... some were medium... some were fairly easy.

The one I took in school I don't remember very well... I mean omg that was sooo like 6-10 years ago (that was a joke lol... well not the years part).

It's weird though... because I know I'm smart... yet when it comes to certain things I feel totally stupid. Like... recalling events from 4 years ago. Well... actually I think I know why I have trouble remembering things within the last 4 years. Some victims of violent crimes's minds do tend to block out traumatic events and such in order to help oneself get over the traumatic event... subconsciously... might explain a good part of it.

But anyways... yeah... I voted Kerry lol

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:37 PM on j-body.org
I get memory lapses and other problems as well, but it's after effects of lesions left over from meningitis when I was 6-7

Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:14 AM on j-body.org
one of the things about bein hyper-intelligent is that you tend to specialize...you're a genius on some levels and a genius of Wile E. Coyote's on others.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, August 25, 2005 5:36 PM on j-body.org
So I'm really smart... but just can't remember crap that happened just not long ago? LOL

Thursday, August 25, 2005 8:27 PM on j-body.org
It's better that way--then people don't bug you to remember inane crap.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:05 PM on j-body.org
Wile E Coyote wasn't a genius?

I thought he was a cartoon Edison with a hard-luck streak... I would have JUST ONCE loved to have seen him catch that damned indigo bird and sink his teeth into it.

I also tend to kick cats if I'm in a foul mood.

And yeah, some people are too smart for their own good. I'm probably one of them.

Friday, August 26, 2005 9:57 AM on j-body.org
Wile E. Coyote WAS a genious it even says so on his business cards.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 1:00 AM on j-body.org
do people see how bush reacts when questioned about how dead soldier's mothers are going against his policies? i swear i think he starts to laugh, then gives his little smirk showing he knows how to "git r done" ...sorry to change subjects....just something i saw on tv.

its a shame the college population in ohio didnt get out to vote like they should have. the election was harder on me since it came down to my state. ohio.

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search