double standard for women who rape or cheat - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: double standard for women who rape or cheat
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 4:41 PM on j-body.org
i deal with this at work sometimes.
women want equal pay and rights as men which im all for that. but they dont want to do the equal amount of work as men. when it comes to do something dirty, they call a man. when its time to sweep up, they say its a mans job.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 5:15 PM on j-body.org
That's not all women though. I'm not afraid to get dirty.. heck I'm covered in dust/paint/chemicals and sometimes grease every day... doens't bother me. I'll do equal work for equal pay... just don't expect me to be able to lift something that weighs 100 pounds... I can't physically do it lol... (girly muscles lol)

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 5:37 PM on j-body.org
Fallen this is not a bash on woman post I posted this because the other day on my way to work a local DJ was talking about how a female teacher took advantage of several
male students in her special ed class. The DJ and his side kicks laughed it off as a couple lucky boys. I took offense to this, She was wrong and took advantage of some special ed kids and thats funny how? I agree that a woman should get equal pay for equal work but the double standard for rape and cheating is bs. I've defended a woman I used to work with because of her being called a slut. She worked at the job for 3 years and had 3 different boyfriends. I don't see how this makes her a slut and I have asked it of everyone who calls her one. So please do not lump me in with the group you are referring to. Because I am not part of it at all.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 5:37 PM on j-body.org
You shouldn't have to lift something over 50 lbs without assistance, that's in your state's labour code.

Personally, I have no problem with equal work for equal pay... if you don't want to do the work, you by rights don't get the same pay as others that DO the work. One of my supervisors @ work, by rights, should have to pay for her email usage.. I haven't ONCE seen her looking at an email that wasn't personal in nature.

I get maybe 3 emails a day regarding non-work stuff, and I usually wait for break until I answer it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 5:39 PM on j-body.org
Fallen Angel wrote:There's still PLENTY of "double standards" for women... so until there is not, then there should be for men too... and men should stop biotching about it.

I think you have a pretty backwards view on this. Idon't have time for a huge rebuttal to your post so have you ever heard the saying - Two wrongs don't make a right.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 5:46 PM on j-body.org
I have to agree with Bastardking...

As a white male--and thus being everyone's @!#$, I can say that for all the things that fall on my shoulders, because i'm a white male, that i had no part in (chauvenism, oppression, slavery, et al), it's not going to make it any better if you have the idea that whoever opperssed you should get their just deserts by you.

In other words:

Women are not going to prove themselves better than men by treating men how men have treated women in the past.

Blacks are not going to prove themselves any better than whites if they become just as prejudiced against whites as whites have been against blacks.

...and so on...
...and so on...
...and so on...

The easiest way to stop prejudice is not not be prejudiced.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:34 PM on j-body.org
Maybe my wording was bad...

Either way... I don't think it would be fair for one side to in a sense, be "higher" up than another.... regardless of sex/race whatever. My point was men, bitching because for example, they have higher insurance rates... yet there's still plenty of women who do the same work as a man but don't get paid equally...

How's it fair for men to get equal insurance rates, yet women don't get paid equally or other such things? (not all... but there are quite a few)

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:36 PM on j-body.org
oh and jackalope...

I wasn't putting you in with that bunch... I understood your point. It was mainly the guys on the last page bitching about women having an upper hand in SOMETHING... and not even realizing that there's way more things men have the upper hand in than women do... and why should men have the upper hand in everything? We're supposed to be equal... and it doesn't seem to work that way... nothing towards you really

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:15 PM on j-body.org
Its because women get paid less than men for doing the same job. Your topic evens it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:21 PM on j-body.org
It's not fair either way, Angel...

Based on ability and merit, men and women should be paid equal. No problems with that.

My point was that it's @!#$ty both ways, and both should be ended.

Likewise, i think that there should be paternity leave as well as maternity leave, that way the bigotry would be even handed ("He's geting married, he'll settle down" vs "She's getting married, she'll be having kids and we'll have to pay maternity leave").

In other words, totally level the playing field within the limits of ability, effort, and merit in all situations.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, August 17, 2005 5:14 AM on j-body.org
[quote=¤§Fallen Angel§¤]That's not all women though. I'm not afraid to get dirty.. heck I'm covered in dust/paint/chemicals and sometimes grease every day... doens't bother me. I'll do equal work for equal pay... just don't expect me to be able to lift something that weighs 100 pounds... I can't physically do it lol... (girly muscles lol)

i never said it was all women

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 5:34 AM on j-body.org
Cool just wanted to be sure of that.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 3:08 PM on j-body.org
Keeper: just as a thought to what you have said there, new parents get 1 year of paternity leave combined for both parents. Mothers and fathers that are both involves with the rearing of the child can take either 6 months each, one year for the mother, or a split of the two.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 4:07 PM on j-body.org
For you, or as a law?

'cause i know that women at my company get...i think it's 3 months, while a man has to use his vacation/sick leave--at least the least time i checked the policy (which was awhile ago).

The problem with the way you put it is that if the man and the woman don't work at the same company, who's going to enforce it? Remember, this is america, with big-business's butt-buddy Bush...

Some companies have different rules, but our home office is based in Kansas City (i.e. 9th concentric circle of Dante's inferno, circa 1860), which means that it's not progressive at all.

Because if that were a law here, That i could declare 6 months of paternity leave, that would be sweet...when i decided i wanted to destroy the world by siring a bunch of Keeperlings . Still, in many ways, like Angel said, there are injustices for women, and there are injustices for men. After all, in america, on a woman's 18th, do they make sure she's signed up for selective service?

The differences are upsetting, but the idea is not to maintain "Well, i get the short end of the stick here, so you get the short end of the stick there, and all is good". no. you need to make it so there is no short end of the stick.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, August 17, 2005 4:11 PM on j-body.org
I agree there should be no short end of the stick for either... but until there is... it's not right for only one race/sex to have the long end of the stick on everything,

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 4:35 PM on j-body.org
another example
last year there was 8 people on my shift. 6 in one department, 2 in mine (including myself). there was a job posting for a supervisor job for those 2 departments. the requirments for this job are: must have at least 3 years with company, must have knowledge of all press machines in building, must have great attendance record. those were the big 3. now only 6 people put in for this job including myself. and the only one who fills those requirments was me. but did i get the job? did i get an interveiw? NO! and the one who did get and interveiw and the job was a woman who doesnt know jack @!#$ about what she is doing. and who does every come to when something goes wrong? me or when they have a question? me. they used to anyway. i just went off one day saying "Thats not my job to do that. go ask your supervisor."

now was that fair? no. i pressed the issue but did not get anywhere with it. so i stop giving a rats ass

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search