Ghosts, real or not? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ghosts, real or not?
Monday, August 22, 2005 7:30 AM on j-body.org
Didn't find anything in the search so I figuered I'd ask. So what do you guys think? Haveing lived in a haunted house when I was little and actualy seeing one I KNOW they are real. But some people say they're not, funny thing is that they are.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Ghosts, real or not?
Monday, August 22, 2005 7:40 AM on j-body.org
Having never lived in a haunted house when I was little and never actually seeing one, I KNOW they are not real. But some people say they are, funny thing is that they aren't.

Monday, August 22, 2005 7:57 AM on j-body.org
And you know this how? Since there have been documented cases of ghosts and there are houses right now that have been deemed as haunted by the supreme court
and have been condeamed and can not be sold or lived in. But I guess they don't have your extensive knowledge in this field.

Monday, August 22, 2005 8:23 AM on j-body.org
When you have as many haunting experiences as I have you would believe in ghosts. The house my grandparents then me and my dad lived in after they passed away was haunted by a little boy we believed. I remember one day during winter school break while I was decorating the house for my grandmothers last christmas that the attic door wouldn't stay shut even after I jammed a chair underneath the door knob. Somehow the chair got unjammed and moved 3 feet and the door was open again. At that time I yelled at the little boy to stop opening the door and the door never opened again.
My dad had an experience that scared him a little since he was always skeptical about ghosts, UFO's, etc... My dad and I woke up to male voices in the house, we searched up and down stairs and even outside to see if somebody was outside but didn't find nothing and the voices were only in the house not outside, that freaked him out a little bit.
One time I was playing catch with my cousin outside my great uncles house and my cousin kept getting the feeling that he was being watched even though our great uncle passed away a few years earlier and nobody was living in the house so we kept playing catch until my cousin noticed a shape in the window that disapeared quickly and we went upto the window to look in to make sure somebody wasn't in there messing around and we saw writing on outside glass of the inside window. Freaked him out so bad the he never played in front of that house again.

Monday, August 22, 2005 8:25 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:And you know this how? Since there have been documented cases of ghosts and there are houses right now that have been deemed as haunted by the supreme court
and have been condeamed and can not be sold or lived in. But I guess they don't have your extensive knowledge in this field.

Show proof that a ghost actually exists and I'll punch holes through your logic

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, August 22, 2005 8:56 AM on j-body.org
Not my logic 2nr its the logic of the Supreme Court of the U.S. . I've seen ghosts before
The most memorable one being one night a friend and myself were in my backyard working on my Monte Carlo and eating pizza and drinking Cokes my neibor was a widower for several years before he too past away. Antway were sitting on the hood eating it was around 11:00 and the lights came on in the neibors house the one where noone lived anymore I said to my friend thats weird the lights are on next door. No sooner did I finish saying it then the curtain moved and the old man who DIED in the house was standing there. We both just frooze and couldn't take our eyes off of him.
It was like he wasn't all of the way there he was looking right at us but we could see thru him a little. Then he turned and walked away toward the kitchen when he reached the kitchen door he grabbed his chest and leaned against the door frame and slid down slowly. Once he was out of sight the lights dimmed and went off. We were both
scared s--tless and quickly called it a night. I spoke to the neibors kids and they confirmed he died of a heart atack and where he was found is exactly where we saw him go down at. The house was allarmed and it was on and noone else was home I have a witness that saw the same thing I did so please de-bunk this for me and explain what we saw and how it was I came to know how he died and where his body was found before being told by his family. I would love to hear it.

Monday, August 22, 2005 9:20 AM on j-body.org
2nr and prok chops

How the @!#$ do you know? I mean you can sit here and tell me for a fact you know they dont exsist? BULLLL @!#$! I support your right to voice your opinion that you dont think they are real, but trying to say you know for a fact that they arent..come on guys, get real.

Iv had enough expierences to belive in them. No nessicaly ghosts, but some sort of beings, that isnt flesh and blood.

Monday, August 22, 2005 9:31 AM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:
jackalope wrote:And you know this how? Since there have been documented cases of ghosts and there are houses right now that have been deemed as haunted by the supreme court

Show proof that a ghost actually exists and I'll punch holes through your logic

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Monday, August 22, 2005 9:47 AM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:2nr and prok chops

How the @!#$ do you know? I mean you can sit here and tell me for a fact you know they dont exsist? BULLLL @!#$! I support your right to voice your opinion that you dont think they are real, but trying to say you know for a fact that they arent..come on guys, get real.

Iv had enough expierences to belive in them. No nessicaly ghosts, but some sort of beings, that isnt flesh and blood.

HEY HEY HEY now hold your horses chum, Ive got some things for you.

1) Never said we couldnt debate like adults, hence voicing your opinion thats what this forum is for.

2) Again never said they dont exist I just believe otherwise and argue with every breath of my being. Quote me and tell me where I said anything else.

3) Dont assume to much you make yourself look like an @ss

4) Your last statement is OFF TOPIC were talking about ghosts here.

Now lets all act like adults and debate properly.

Now back to topic:

Possible theories for why we see ghosts can be explained here

Infrasound is many reasons why people think they see ghosts. Yet I cant explain Jackalopes story maybe he and everyone else is just delusional and thought they saw what they really didnt.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, August 22, 2005 10:04 AM on j-body.org
I believe in them...don't have a bad experience but I do believe in them.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, August 22, 2005 10:17 AM on j-body.org
Ok hearing it and seeing are two way different things. I could understand me seeing
things and me being delusional BUT that would explain my friend seeing the same thing or the fact that I knew how and where he died. Hearing a ghost can be explained away as lots of things plumbing, heat coming on, house cooling off at night, mice
all sorts of things. I wont say that hearing voices is bs any more then my seeing ghosts is bs. But as for ghosts in general not existing well if thats so then why is there
a registry of haunted house listed in court documents? And why has the supreme court listed some house as haunted? If these things didn't exist then it would make no sence for the courts to order evictions and ban anyone from living in the houses ever
again.

Ghosts, Spirts, Demons, Whatever they are they do exist.

Monday, August 22, 2005 11:30 AM on j-body.org
Proving ghosts exists would be like someone claiming to be the second coming of christ: Even if they were truly real, so many people would not want to believe it that they wouldn't--pure and simple.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, August 22, 2005 11:50 AM on j-body.org
Good point keeper. But how many have ever seen a billion dollers in gold in one place at one time? Well how do they know it exists either?

Monday, August 22, 2005 12:24 PM on j-body.org
well me and some of my friends have had some "encounters"... mines not spectacular at all probably more of the average one but anyways just the other night i was walking upstairs in my grandparents house (very old... lots of history to it. there was even prostitutes murdered there at one time and also used to be a hospital). i walked upstairs and heard the floors creaking and the sound of someone snoring. funny thing is everyone was eating supper in the dining room. freaked me out so bad i went back downstairs in a hurry.

my friends also claimed to have seen what they thought was a teachers ghost inside the old middle school in their town. at first i didnt believe it but there was about 10 of them that saw the same thing, a teacher through the window, floating in the middle of a friday night.

i dont really believe in ghosts, but i dont not believe either if that makes sense. im really looking for some credible evidence before i make up my mind.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, August 22, 2005 12:50 PM on j-body.org
Jack: you can't use that as a comparison because "A billion dollars" is not only a "fluid" measure of value (in that the value of a "dollar" is subject to revision every day), but that it's can't be accurately quantified...

Now, if you go off the index of 1oz eagle bullion as i'm writing this ($458.33). This means that to make a billion dollars of this gold you'd need a hair under 68 metric tons. Could the earth have 68 metric tons of gold? Easy.

Anyhow, the only thing I'm goign to say on this is persepctive and reality. It's a good certainty that you cannot perceive reality from another's perspective--meaning in the absolute, Ghosts both can and can't exist. However, it only really matters what your own senses and sensory inputs tell you.

As such, when someone says, "they don't exist", that just means to them, they don't exist. ditto on them existing.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, August 22, 2005 1:00 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Ok hearing it and seeing are two way different things. I could understand me seeing
things and me being delusional BUT that would explain my friend seeing the same thing or the fact that I knew how and where he died. Hearing a ghost can be explained away as lots of things plumbing, heat coming on, house cooling off at night, mice
all sorts of things. I wont say that hearing voices is bs any more then my seeing ghosts is bs. But as for ghosts in general not existing well if thats so then why is there
a registry of haunted house listed in court documents? And why has the supreme court listed some house as haunted? If these things didn't exist then it would make no sence for the courts to order evictions and ban anyone from living in the houses ever
again.

Ghosts, Spirts, Demons, Whatever they are they do exist.

You probably should have should have read them all the way through Jackalope,

let me make it easy for you

Quote:

When he measured the infrasound in the laboratory, the showing was 18.98 hertz--the exact frequency at which a human eyeball starts resonating. The sound waves made his eyeballs resonate and produced an optical illusion: He saw a figure that didn't exist.*

Infrasound can make you see things that arent real, In this case it was a dark grey figure, a "Ghost" per se. In your case I wouldnt be able to understand how infrasound could produce an illusion you saw as LIGHT but some things are unexplainable.

As KOTL put it this is merely an opinionated debate seeing as how neither of us can put forth any actual PHYSICAL evidence of there existence/non-existence.

Monday, August 22, 2005 1:30 PM on j-body.org
Sorry it was a long link and I'm at work. And what would you call proof? Seeing it for yourself? Or how about the testamony of those who have? There are so many was to prove they exist seeing them, photographing them, haveing them touch you, watching something move all by itself. There is an overwhelming amount of proof they exist and yet people feel the need to deny it . Why? If you were sitting at home all
by yourself watching T.V. and your washing machine turned on by itself how would you explain this away. More sound waives? No I don't think so. Or how about doors opening by themselves that were latched shut? Or when it goes from 80 degrees in a room and drops to 40 degrees instantly and no A.C. is on? They exist 100% proof
HAS been given countless times EVEN the courts have said there are ghosts and haunted houses. The courts have had enough proof to make believers of them what more proof do you need?

Monday, August 22, 2005 3:41 PM on j-body.org
Look, I'm going to clear one thing up right now. The courts of the United States of America has never EVER held that ghosts exist. EVER. The case you are talking about involved a couple (or a family) that purchased a house. Unbeknownst to them, people in the neighborhood thought that the house was haunted.

The couple that bought the house filed a suit against the seller of the property for failure to disclose to them that people thought the house was haunted, while the seller had started the rumor in the community that the house was haunted (most likely to drum up business, or at the very least, exposure). Because the purchasers could not have discovered the rumors that the house was haunted and because the seller was the one spreading the rumors that the house was haunted, the Appellate Supreme Court of New York (note that this is not the Supreme Court of the US, it is the second highest state court in New York) held that as a matter of LAW the house was haunted and that the seller then had a duty to disclose this.

A MATTER OF LAW IS NOT A MATTER OF FACT.

If I disappear for 2 years, I may be declared legally dead. DEAD AS A MATTER OF LAW. However, if I am actually hiding out in the wilderness, then I am ALIVE AS A MATTER OF FACT.

A MATTER OF LAW IS NOT A MATTER OF FACT.

BTW, the case is
Stambovsky v. Ackley, 169 A.D.2d 254,1991.

Secondly, my first post was merely a response the the original post in which I took the same point of view (I believe something and I'm always right, no matter what) and took the opposite (and just as ridiculous) belief. If anyone thinks that they know for a fact(not just believe) something like this, then they are certainly not examining this reasonably. I don't know the answer, I believe that no one does. It's like proving the existence/non-existence of a Deity. Everyone is entitled to their belief, and there are arguments both ways, but to think one one is privy to such special information and there is absolutely no chance that they can be wrong is really nothing more than foolishness....

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 5:02 AM on j-body.org
Pork Chop. Then please explain to me what I saw along with my friend? Or the one girl at my work how she knew the women who lived in her house and died there died
doing laundry. She sees her all the time and even was told by her that her name was
Vivien ans when she checked it out sure enough a women named Vivien had lived and died there back in the 50's. Thats why I said call them what ever you want but they are real. And for the courts to make a developer refund all the money he got for several houses and condem them and the meer fact that they are recognized as being haunted
and on a national registry of haunted houses means that they connot just be completely dismissed.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:22 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Sorry it was a long link and I'm at work. And what would you call proof? Seeing it for yourself? Or how about the testamony of those who have? There are so many was to prove they exist seeing them, photographing them, haveing them touch you, watching something move all by itself. There is an overwhelming amount of proof they exist and yet people feel the need to deny it . Why? If you were sitting at home all
by yourself watching T.V. and your washing machine turned on by itself how would you explain this away. More sound waives? No I don't think so. Or how about doors opening by themselves that were latched shut? Or when it goes from 80 degrees in a room and drops to 40 degrees instantly and no A.C. is on? They exist 100% proof
HAS been given countless times EVEN the courts have said there are ghosts and haunted houses. The courts have had enough proof to make believers of them what more proof do you need?

Show me jackalope post a link to some pictures or testimonies from eyewitnesses that arent paranoid.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:37 AM on j-body.org
Paranoid? What does that have to do with Ghosts? Tell you what tomorrow night at
9:00 on the sci fi channel comes a show called Ghost Hunters. They go after ghosts
from a scientific stand point and they always go in trying to dis-prove the existence of ghosts. Well they've found some they have pictures and EVP recordings and temp chages all documented nice and scientific like. They've even been hit by ghosts before
and they've chased a ghost thu the U.S.S NORTH CAROLINA battle ship While on camera. They try to prove ghosts do not exist by useing science and sometimes they are able to dismiss some cases but others have no explaination or reason other then a
ghost. After you watch a few eposodes and see that these guys aren't a bunch of nuts and that they do try to dis-prove the ghosts exsistence then maybe you'll thik they not full of crap. Because I know what you must be thinking " Oh boy Jackalope is an idiot if he believes what he sees on a T.V. show" Well I don't believe everything on a T.V. show but why don't you just spair an hour of your evening and watch it and you'll get the proof your asking for.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:13 AM on j-body.org
Here you go I did't think you could wait so I found you some pics.[URL=www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/]www.ghostresearch.org[/URL]
See if these are ok.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:16 AM on j-body.org
Ok I don't know why that didn't work but thats one web sits for you to check out that was pics. Sorry I don't know what happened.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:17 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope liike you said its a T.V. show there is no proof there. I've seen it a few times, I infact like the show, but it is all just tv drama. Most of what they find could be results of infrasound anyway. Again if a person is paranoid about ghosts then they will be in a different mindset at the time they see something it could be a figment of there imagination just because they are paranoid. Remember like when when your a kid and you were always afraid of something under our bed or in your closet and you scream out cause you thought you saw something, that applies here.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:20 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope here's a good Haunting movie that's supposedly based on a true story <a href="http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808542684">Sighting's Heartland Ghost.</a>
Fixed your link <a href="http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/">www.ghostresearch.org</a>. To link to other sites you can either use the hyperlink button above the message box or (a href="website url")website or link name(/a) just rplace the ( ) with < >.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search