Ghosts, real or not? - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ghosts, real or not?
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:28 AM on j-body.org
Hmmm give me a few mins to research that and then I'll give you a rebuttle.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:41 AM on j-body.org
No prob man! This is fun!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:48 AM on j-body.org
Ok here we go. This is from a page of ghost huunters that are constantly searching gettysburg for ghosts. Now most of what they get are temp changes evp noise etc. Which as I explained before could be the cause of infrasound.

Gettysburg Ghosts

So then it would be safe to assume that their only proof would be the pictures they took right? Well I looked at all the pictures 100% let me say that again 100%!! are grainy and out of focus. They look like it could have been a dew or something on the camera. So far I havnt found anything on actual people either. Just paranormal activity.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:50 AM on j-body.org
I did a search on other ghost huntings/sightings and looked at various pictures all which have "SPIRITUAL ORBS" and not ghosts which could just be stains or discoloration on the film used. Others were just overexposed pictures that made everything look creepy.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:53 AM on j-body.org
Ok I'll find you some. Stay tuned as its lunch time.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:38 AM on j-body.org
I thought orbs were a sign of after-life...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:59 AM on j-body.org
okay, let me hit back for a moment...

Again, Jack, i never said that air is THE explainaion for it, a possible one, yes, but not the explaination. Keep that in mind.

Secopnd, people do exhale when they die--maybe not everyone, but they do. And yes, i do have first hand experience from this...i wasn't imagining my mom's last breath on my face.

While i agree that the amount of air can't possibly explain the weight loss, there are things you're not considering...

for starters, it was the early 1900's, and lookign at many of the measurements taken from that time--a lot of them were later found to be off (Maximum depth of Crater Lake, height of Mt. Rainier, etc.) It was the equipment they used and the precision thereof. Plus, even though i will admit ignorance in the exact methods he used, i don't know the conrols he used---what was there to assume the stability of the bed? how was it secured to the scale--could the scale tip? All he was gauging was overall weight, which leaves toom many variables to be explored. For one, it does matter WHERE the weight was lost--after all, wouldn't you like to know WHERE the soul is kept? Further, they would have to account for everything--to know when the heart stopped, when the lungs stopped, when brain electrical activity stopped, when cellular metabolism stopped, et al. Infrared and bioelectric field detectors would also be good. It would give a more acurate and complete picture. Plus, using a wide sampling of the population, rather than just 6 adults would help.

I'm not denying that it's a possibility, but per your earlier claims, the soul doesn't weight 21 grams exactly, and there' no proof that it happens in babies as well--there were no babies tested. Further, the rate of loss was not constant.

Plus, there are other possible explanaitons...

The body's electrical field collapses
The Ki (Chi) leaves the body (hey, if we're going to open this up to religion, let's incluse the eastern ones as well).
The air examples, as explained above.
Or even your soul example
Or a combination of everythign aforementioned
or something we haven't even considered

As I said, too many variables to take into consideration before I find this as definitive proof. As start, yes. somethign someone should take off of and experiment more with a larger sampling of the populace and more precice intruments with tighter controls, yes, but not definitive proof.

Otherwise, it would be like claiming that because stas twinkle at a given rate that they must be pinholes in the curtain of night.

As for orbs...

NR, then please expmain to me how, with a digital camera with a single lens (negating the lens flare effect), how i could get them in one picture of a given tree, but seconds later, same picture nothing? I don't have the pics anymore, but the shots were at night--nothing reflective around...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:34 AM on j-body.org
Keeper I didn't open this up to religion. Ghosts are in every culture around the world regardless of what religion if any is practiced by the indiginious peoples of an area.
Stars twinkle due to the gravity exerted on them by the planets in orbit around them and
the effect of light as it passes thru our atmosphere. That was an easy one. I conceeded that your information on the 21 gram weight may be correct because I haven't read it yet so I don't know. But I won't call you a lyer either just because you know something I do not. I have done a little searching for you guys and found some
very cool sites MANY , MANY more exist but these offer the best photographic evidence I could find. I'll post the ones relateing to Gettysburg first followed by other ghost picture sites in general. Since EXPERTS can't explain away these photes I'm eager to see you try and de-bunk them as frauds.

http://www.invink.com/x641
http://gettysburg.homestead.com/ The first photo here is the best one.
http://www.melodief.com/ghosts/contributions/gettysburg.htm
http://www.bitsofblueandgray.com/oct2000.htm This ones cool too.
http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/
http://www.ghoststudy.com/gallery.htm/ This one has a lot of pics
http://prairieghosts.com/gettysburg.htm/

Check some or all of these out I believe this is what you asked for when you asked for pictures of ghosts so I could PROVE they exist. Now like I said before since these photos cannot be explained away as fakes then that means they're real. And if the photos are real then so are ghosts. Please Enjoy the links. I look forward to your reply's.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:55 AM on j-body.org
I appoligize for the last two. I do not know why they won't come up, But what I was able to link to shows proof just the same.

Killa I didn't mean to ignore your question earier about orbs I just wanted to answer those who doubt the validity of the existence of ghosts. But yes supposedly Orbs are spirit energy that can readily be seen in haunted areas. Weather they are energy or dust particals is still open for debate. Me I'm not sure one way or the other yet. I know ghosts exist, I've seen them on more then one occation and at more then one location
and when I've seen them theres always been witnesses there that saw the same thing I did so I know I'm not crazy. I have supplied a bunch of pictures of ghosts in the links above. Some may be faked but I don't see how as photo experts has certified most as being non-doctored original photos. If seeing isn't believing then I don't know what is.
I have shown Proof of weight lose at the time of death ( amounts may very but its still lost )
I have also shown photographic evedence as taken by manyother people.
I just don't understand what more PROOF is needed?

This isn't about beliefs or non-beliefs its about facts and the facts show conclusivly that ghost do in fact exist. Of corse if you keep denting there existence thats fine with me but I know they're real and I also know I've proven it but go ahead and agrue it all you want to. But all your argueing does not change the facts.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:51 PM on j-body.org
KOTL wrote:I'm not denying that it's a possibility, but per your earlier claims, the soul doesn't weight 21 grams exactly, and there' no proof that it happens in babies as well--there were no babies tested. Further, the rate of loss was not constant.

Again thats assuming that spirits have any physical matter to have weight.

To answer your last question:

It could be the possibility of dew
fog
flash
camera malfunction
or it could actually be an orb which I seriously doubt.

Or any combination of those. And there are others I just cant think of some right now.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:03 PM on j-body.org
But until there comes a point in which we've actually experienced it, it's all a theory. Same with superstring theory--the only way it's provable is in quantum mathematics--something that most people can't grasp. However, I for one do not need calculus to understand that gravity works.

You seem to be missing my point, Jack. I'm not saying that ghosts don't exist--they do--i've experienced many, but i could not prove that fact to someone that doesn't want to believe in them because they would find ways to debunk it (i.e. the infamous "it's photoshopped" defense). I'm just saying that i don't find it wise to use an inconclusive experiment as proof of something (the "What else could it be") because there's so m,uch more we don't know that could explain it--exlcuding the hypothesis, of course.

I'm not disagreeing with you that someone's soul exists, or that ghosts exist--i'm just disagreeing that this is the definitive proof.

I do apologize for the religion can of worms opened--many use the same experiment as proof that only humans have a soul.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:19 PM on j-body.org
Keeper no appoligzes nesacary man its all good. I wasn't going down the religion road tho I was only showing that ghosts exist.

2nr, Come on man give me a brake!! Light, Mist, Camera Malfuntion, what ever dude
YOU saw the photos right? (you did look at the links right) Some of them may be able to be explained away by the things you have stated but the ones that look like a person only you can see thru them and the photo had not been tampered with how do you explain this away? You are a very bright guy you cannot actualy believe that all of these photos are fakes. That would make no sence as to why someone would go thru all the troulble to try and fake it. Have you ever hear the saying "If it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk then it must be a skunk" Same thing applies here man. I've given MORE then my fair shair of there existence and you've said its all fake. Well I'm sorry to
have to do this but PROVE them all fakes. And in the end if your left with just 1 picture that you cannot dis-credit then you must conceed that ghosts do exist.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 2:37 PM on j-body.org
Jack:

Im not discounting the idea that ghosts may exist, but these pictures and the weight thing will not prove that ghosts exist. For one, IF orbs are real then technically its not even a topic of discussion here cause its not a ghost its spiritual energy or whatever.
Im not saying the orbs are not real either, but orbs are real easy to fake I mean come on just rub a greasy finger on the lens and BAM! instant orb it doesnt have to be photoshopped (which I never brought up in the first place) to be fake.

When you say the ghost picture Im assuming you mean this one

Come on jack can you honestly gaurantee me that the circled thing is a ghost. I see no head, limbs whatsoever , Assuming a ghost has any. What I do see is something that looks like a grainy version of a cot with what looks like water running off the edge. You can hardly say this is concrete evidence that a ghost exists.

Now I hate to do this jack but PROVE they arent fake. I dont think you can but I cant prove they are so we're in a stalemate.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:20 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Not my logic 2nr its the logic of the Supreme Court of the U.S. . I've seen ghosts before
The most memorable one being one night a friend and myself were in my backyard working on my Monte Carlo and eating pizza and drinking Cokes my neibor was a widower for several years before he too past away. Antway were sitting on the hood eating it was around 11:00 and the lights came on in the neibors house the one where noone lived anymore I said to my friend thats weird the lights are on next door. No sooner did I finish saying it then the curtain moved and the old man who DIED in the house was standing there. We both just frooze and couldn't take our eyes off of him.
It was like he wasn't all of the way there he was looking right at us but we could see thru him a little. Then he turned and walked away toward the kitchen when he reached the kitchen door he grabbed his chest and leaned against the door frame and slid down slowly. Once he was out of sight the lights dimmed and went off. We were both
scared s--tless and quickly called it a night. I spoke to the neibors kids and they confirmed he died of a heart atack and where he was found is exactly where we saw him go down at. The house was allarmed and it was on and noone else was home I have a witness that saw the same thing I did so please de-bunk this for me and explain what we saw and how it was I came to know how he died and where his body was found before being told by his family. I would love to hear it.

haha jack looks like we can agree on something.. ghosts exist

I cant say that i KNOW for 100% sure ive seen one. but I do know that my Grandpa, Grandma, Mother, Great Grandmother, Aunt and 2nd cousin all lived in a house in Hythe Alberta, it was haunted. Is still to this day and is not lived in.

They are all firm believers and I cant say that they are mistaken about their experiences.

I can say that there are things that cannot be explained. But that doenst mean something doenst exist.
Thats like God. Show me the proof, otherwise. its just your opinion and faith in the existance of what you want to believe.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/618295
Thursday, August 25, 2005 5:37 PM on j-body.org
2nr if you look at the pic you showed you can see the head and the crossed arms. Now
if the "experts" de-bunkers cannot explain what that is in the picture then I knew you couldn't either but I thought it would be fun to see you try to. Now I don't have to PROVE
the photo as your eyes can do that for you, the burdon of proof to de-bunk it lies with you.
Now don't forget there were other ones that are just as hard to explain. Just like the pictures of U.F.O's that cannot be explained away are proof of there existance so are the photos of ghosts that cannot be explained away as smoke or anything else. If there is no way to explain them then it would seem to be the proof you seek.

TRD, I knew eventualy we would agree on something.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:49 PM on j-body.org
Well then I guess your gonna have to literally point it out to me cause I dont have that weird sense of perception that you do. I'm serious I dont see a head or arms.

P.S. Im seriously not kidding either.

Friday, August 26, 2005 9:54 AM on j-body.org
I believe in them. The house I live in (lived there since I was 4) has some type of paranormal activity. My family and I have seen and heard things throughout the years that cannot be explained.

I would write about them, but honestly, Im too lazy right now. Ill do it later...

Friday, August 26, 2005 9:55 AM on j-body.org
i believe 100% they exist. there is this place by my old house right on the campus of Cheyne University. its an abandoned building where they use to slaughter cows and several people died in there. me and several buddies went up there and walked around. we brought video camera and regualr cameras. we took a few pics of the outside and you can clearly see orbs floating around the building. there are no windows in this place at all, they are all busted out. we went in the dead of summer and inside that place it was alot colder than it was outside. the video cameras died within' 10 mins from a full battery. since there were no windows in there, the place was filled w/ leaves and trash. i was the last person in group following and i swear i heard the stuff behind me moving as we were going. now i dont care what anyone has to say about it. you can say im lyin' all you want and they arent real but i know what happend and i believe they are real

Friday, August 26, 2005 11:33 AM on j-body.org
We went to an abandoned monestary about a month ago...one of the guys had a fully charged spot light that died within 5 minutes of being in the building...I took about 100 pics and about 85% have orbs in them.

Story is that the head priest was very involved in satanic practices and sexually assaulted a group of nuns over the years. Then one day they found the nuns hanging from the rafters, each at a point of a pentagram drawn on the floor.

Jackalope: the place that is said above is Hell House in Ellicott City...was a fun night besides running from the cops so we didnt get arrested for trepassing on park property.

check out this site:
http://www.marylandghosts.com

Friday, August 26, 2005 12:47 PM on j-body.org
As I stated before infrasound can cause chills, make you see things, and device malfunction. Im not calling anyone a liar or telling them that they cant be ghosts for all I know.

Its just that a lot of the time people claim to have seen ghosts and got chills et cetera. Infrasound was to blame.

Friday, August 26, 2005 3:53 PM on j-body.org
snoeterp82 wrote:We went to an abandoned monestary about a month ago...one of the guys had a fully charged spot light that died within 5 minutes of being in the building...I took about 100 pics and about 85% have orbs in them.

Story is that the head priest was very involved in satanic practices and sexually assaulted a group of nuns over the years. Then one day they found the nuns hanging from the rafters, each at a point of a pentagram drawn on the floor.

Jackalope: the place that is said above is Hell House in Ellicott City...was a fun night besides running from the cops so we didnt get arrested for trepassing on park property.

check out this site:
http://www.marylandghosts.com

i wish i could of went on that trip, i was sick when that was planned

Friday, August 26, 2005 3:59 PM on j-body.org
Well then, I guess you need to find the source of the infrsound then don't you.. Naming a phenomina does not explain it.

I sit on the fence on this one. I have had personal experiences myself, but at the same time, it could be something other than the returning spirit of a desceased person. Paranormal, yes. Ghost? not sure.

PAX
Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:30 AM on j-body.org
Then I guess we need to go back to the "Hell House" huh Steff? It was actualy a girls
private catholic college that untill about 10 years ago was still standing and was
beautiful inside the chappel but some dumbass burned it down. Right next to where
the college used to be there also used to be some rather large mills untill hurican Agness flooded the whole valley and washed them away. All the buildings in the area
date back to the 1800's when the B&O railroad ran the first railroad in the country thu there. The mills back then had very little safty equipment and lots of people died. The
old paper mill thats still across the river that just burned up a couple years ago and was still being used claimed an avarage of 2 people a year to accidental death and its been in use for about 100 years. That would mean at least 100 people have died in that general area. Thats at least 100 people that died a horrible death so I wouldn't be a bit surprised at all if the whole area wasn't haunted.

We should go back up there again around midnight and see what we can see.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 3:22 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Well then, I guess you need to find the source of the infrsound then don't you..

um....Yeeeaaaahhhhhhh...

Saturday, August 27, 2005 4:49 PM on j-body.org
2nr glad to see your on board with this. You show up and run all of the infrasound tests
and we'll see how many orb pics we get and we can compare notes and see how many were a direct cause of infrasound. We'll meet you tonight and then all drive over to the college and let the scientific testing, BEGIN!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search