How many of you are there? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How many of you are there?
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:34 AM on j-body.org
Ok try to keep up with me on this one.

Have you ever thought about the possibilty of for a lack of a better term parallel universes? Liike ever close call you've had there is a branch off of this reality where you didn't survive?

I've thought about this for years don't know why. What does everyone else think?

http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hootieman

Re: How many of you are there?
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:36 AM on j-body.org
there's always a possibility, but i don't know if it's scientifically possible.

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:40 AM on j-body.org
Depends, I believe in the String theory, although, I can't say as I've been able to completely understand it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:57 AM on j-body.org
Its been proven they exist. Don't know how but it was on the news awhile back that it had been proven that parallel universes do exist. Have you heard of how you can take a picture thru a telescope with infrared and see another planet right next to Earth. Or if you shift the light waives a little more toward the blue spectrum you can see yet another
planet on the other side of the Earth. Scientists who study this fiel are 100% sure you seeing different Earths in parallel realities.

Damn Time Travel, Parralel Demensions, Black Holes, The existance of Ghosts.
Its getting pretty deep around here!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:58 AM on j-body.org
^^ whats the string theory?

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:12 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Its been proven they exist. Don't know how but it was on the news awhile back that it had been proven that parallel universes do exist. Have you heard of how you can take a picture thru a telescope with infrared and see another planet right next to Earth. Or if you shift the light waives a little more toward the blue spectrum you can see yet another
planet on the other side of the Earth. Scientists who study this fiel are 100% sure you seeing different Earths in parallel realities.

i'm skeptical of that being on the news. find some proof?

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:16 AM on j-body.org
Pick your station CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, its actualy old news. This therory has been around since good old Albert was just a patent clerk.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:19 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Pick your station CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, its actualy old news. This therory has been around since good old Albert was just a patent clerk.
And ist's still just a THEORY.

link to article please
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:25 AM on j-body.org
Hootie wrote:Ok try to keep up with me on this one.

Have you ever thought about the possibilty of for a lack of a better term parallel universes? Liike ever close call you've had there is a branch off of this reality where you didn't survive?

I've thought about this for years don't know why. What does everyone else think?

i don't believe in parallel universes because of a few reasons. for example, if i survive a car crash in this universe, and in a parallel universe, my counterpart dies, it's no longer a parallel universe. my life continutes, i do everything that i am on this earth to do, and that doesn't get done in the parallel universe. it goes off on its own tangent, no longer mimicing this universe.

i understand that's the point of a parallel universe (although improperly named, it should be a tangent universe). it would exist to play out the possibilities that may have happened but didn't in this universe.

however, how many things happen to you day to day that could have happened differently? you can't even count them. now imagine having 6 billion people who have an almost infinate number of possibilities that have several different outcomes. there are fewer decimal places to PI than there would be parallel universes.

so where are all these parallel universes? do they overlap? can't, because 2 objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. are they light years away, and spread throughout infinate space? if that's the case, than they scientists who claim to have "found" a parallel universe by bending light and finding something that's slightly out of alignment with this actual universe are wrong, because the parallel universes are billions of miles away... so what are they seeing in their telescopes? who knows.

there's just too much that's unexplainable for me to believe that there's such things as parallel (or tangent) universes. i believe there is just this one reality, and no alternate realities. it's just science fiction, something some author made up to sell a story.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:33 AM on j-body.org
You could call it parallel universes, but i think it';s more like everything that could happen at any given point in time in this universe does happen; we're just constrained by our perception.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:37 AM on j-body.org
Here's an added question to the whole. IF it is possible to have died numerous times without your knowledge does that mean that as far as you know you live forever? IF I've died 100 times over and I don't know it what would one more death be? Would it end up being just something else I am unaware of spending forever waiting on a death thats never going to come for me.......

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:39 AM on j-body.org
(if you cant tell I have a lot of free time on my hands)

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:46 AM on j-body.org
Ok here are some links I hope they work as apparently I have a proble trying to post them. So here you go see if this makes any sence to you good luck trying to understand most of it.
http://www.synchronizeduniverse.com/4A-NEW-THEORY-2.HTM
http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/multiverse.html
http://www.2think.org/hii/tfor.shtml

Now if you can't understand the basics of quantaum mathmatics or phisics this will hurt your brain.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:49 AM on j-body.org
Ok I dont know why the first link wont work and it was the best one. Damn! but those other two should be able to make your heads spin. If anyone feels ambishious Google the firt site it should come up. If not just google parallel universe and you'll find it.

Enjoy.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:51 AM on j-body.org
EliteCavy wrote:^^ whats the string theory?

You have no idea what you would be getting yourself into.

Heres some links. I cant entirely understand it myself. Maybe GAM can dummy it up for us.

Linky
Link
Link

It has something to do with einstein's theory of relativity and the energy required to generate gravity or something similar to that.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:21 PM on j-body.org
2nr you said it !! This is some pretty heady stuff were talking about today I don't think
any of us can possibly understand it enough to matter one way or the other. Gam included.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:00 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Ok here are some links I hope they work as apparently I have a proble trying to post them. So here you go see if this makes any sence to you good luck trying to understand most of it.
http://www.synchronizeduniverse.com/4A-NEW-THEORY-2.HTM
http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/multiverse.html
http://www.2think.org/hii/tfor.shtml

Your first link taken back a level talks about some seriously wacko theories.

http://www.synchronizeduniverse.com/

Even with all this explanation, no one has offered any proof. They're still just theorizing.
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:06 PM on j-body.org
The only way it can be proven is thru quantom mathamatics that NOONE here could ever come close to grasping. You can't reach out and touch these things the only way they are known of is thru mathamatics. So untill you can read and understand all that stuff there referring to in there therories then you'll never get it. I'm not saying your dumb dude please don't think that, I can't understand about half of it myself so if your dumb then so am I.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:37 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Its been proven they exist. Don't know how but it was on the news awhile back that it had been proven that parallel universes do exist. Have you heard of how you can take a picture thru a telescope with infrared and see another planet right next to Earth. Or if you shift the light waives a little more toward the blue spectrum you can see yet another

jackalope wrote:The only way it can be proven is thru quantom mathamatics that NOONE here could ever come close to grasping. You can't reach out and touch these things the only way they are known of is thru mathamatics. So untill you can read and understand all that stuff there referring to in there therories then you'll never get it. I'm not saying your dumb dude please don't think that, I can't understand about half of it myself so if your dumb then so am I.

Even the people who understand quantum theory haven't proven the existence of multiple universes. You stated earlier that there was proof. I was just wanting a link to a site that claimed proof.
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:40 PM on j-body.org
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:21 PM on j-body.org
If I could have found it I would have. All I remember is watching the discovery channel or something along those lines and seeing the photos taken of space useing infrared
and showing another planet next to the Earth. I will continue digging untill I find your link so you guys can see it for yourselves till then you'll just have to have wait. Or hey heres a novel idea you could try looking for yourselves while I look too.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:23 PM on j-body.org
Wow... Let's see if I can cover it in 3 minutes.

String theory rests on the idea that there are multiple universes in all 4 dimensions that operate independantly... Assuming they have the same density, the only reason they do not collide and/or obliterate each other is because they vibrate at different rates.

The Idea is that there are multiple universes that are not bound to each other, but co-exist.

frankly, once the theory of everything is introduced I start having cranial diarrhea.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:52 AM on j-body.org
^^^Well thats not what I got from reading that thing I posted, but that'll work as good as any.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:12 AM on j-body.org
I've been looking for a couple hours now and my head hurts at some of the stuff I've been reading. here try these.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/parallelunvi.shtml
http://www.gedcorp.com/pcr/pcr/parauniv.html

Enjoy. I getting some asprin now.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:36 PM on j-body.org

Do you honestly believe that.. Infra red hoopla. you know what Infra Red is? what it does? I dont think its going to let you see another planet or alternate universe
if you shift the light waves a little toward blue spectrum lol wow. its light. meaning its physically there meaning we can see it Regardless of where on the spectrum it is.. see it via radar or any of the scans of our sky given to us by nasa and hubble etc.

Im not saying there isnt the possiblity that something like that doenst exist..
I liked that tv show with sinbad whoever he was

But please dont believe everything you see on TV.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/618295
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search