World cries out for help..... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
World cries out for help.....
Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:00 PM on j-body.org
Wouldn't that be nice to see head lines like that when New Orleens gets nailed by this cat 5 hurricain thats comeing for them. But you know noone will give a fat rats ass about us in the different countries around the world. We have to fend for ourselves.
Well the predictions have it that the city sould be underwater for about 6 mounths untill
there able to pump the water out. This just proves why the U.S. should give the rest of the world a big one fingered salute. They beg us for help when a big disaster hits antwhere else in the world and like a bunch of idiots we jump right in and help out. I
just think it will be interesting to see how many countries come to our aid with this hurricain about to hit. I'm willing to bet "0" ! And this is the reason we should stop helping them. Just think of how much money and resorses we would have if we didn't play Rescue Heros for the whole world.

G. Dubya, if your listening tell the rest of the world to go pound sand the next time we're needed to bail there asses out. We help ourselves you should to.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: World cries out for help.....
Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:32 PM on j-body.org
I second that notion, I was in the projected path of the hurricane but I was glad to see it got moved torwards the west. I feel sorry for those in that area, I hope you only get nailed once.

I would be shiitin my pants right now if we were still in its path.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:35 PM on j-body.org
Right now New Orleens is being evacuated. The pres has already declared a state of emergecy for the whole area. I hope noone gets killed but it does not look good. I'm just dying to see how much help the world offers.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 12:27 AM on j-body.org
jack: You have FEMA (with a few billion in funding) and several hundred relief agencies like the (American) Red Cross, which was originally founded in .. gosh.. France!

BTW, there's at least 1 company in the southern US that has it's Headquarters in Canada (Steamatic is in Florida).

The US can pick itself up, but a lot of other places just can't do that.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:48 AM on j-body.org
Don't forget that you do get international help.. Not on the scale that some poor countries get it, but you do.. When you have forrest fires in Cali.. Canadian firefighters help out (you firefighters often help with fires in BC as well, it's a two way street). After Sept 11, there were something like a few hundred Canadian emergency workers who pitched in to try and help. After Hurricanes and whatnot, we often offer help with cleanup and whatnot. I'm betting that Canada isn't alone in offering the US help when they may need it. We likely do offer the most as we are right next door.

You don't have to go it alone.. It's just that countries like Indonesia can't really get there, and don't really have any money of consequence.

PAX
Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:05 AM on j-body.org
I know Canada has helped with forrest fires and the like. I just think its how we're
about to have a city go underwater and God only knows how many deaths and noone
anywhere else in the world could give a crap. The next tsuname that hits anywhere we should tell them help yourselves out just like we have to do.

I'm not picking a fight with your frozen guys to the north I know we help each other out thats what neihbors do but I just think the rest of the world has a one way approach
to natueral desasters and I think its

Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:42 AM on j-body.org
It is a very pleasent 77degF here today, thank goodness we finally got rid of the nasty 100degF + weather we had for most of July.

Sunny with a light breeze.. Finally a nice day that's not too hot.

PAX
Sunday, August 28, 2005 10:10 AM on j-body.org
I am on my way down south people. I work for Pepco (Potomac Electric Power Company) here in MD, DC area. We always go to help out when a disaster like this occurs. It's gonna be ugly. We will probably be there for 3 weeks.

I will bring back some pics!
Sunday, August 28, 2005 3:24 PM on j-body.org
Jack: not to tear your argument a new one, but giving help when it's needed shouldn't be done with the intent of recieving back the favour. You got it, you give it... also, remember, countries that can help the USA on the same scale as it gives back, are not that close at hand and don't usually have the same reach, globally.

Honestly, Brits haven't helped out, nor have most European countries, nor has Japan, and even Mexico isn't too forth-coming with aid of most kinds it would take way too long to get the manpower and equipment there. Canadians are already in Louisiana, Florida and Texas... Roads are good, mmm-kay?

Seriously though, I don't think there are many countries on earth that could get people into the USA in time to help with disaster recovery.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 3:30 PM on j-body.org
yup i hear ya, nobody ever helps us

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:18 PM on j-body.org
When something happens in the USA, nothing happens.

for a forum where there are no rules, visit
http://www.emor8t.proboards41.com that is all.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 10:14 PM on j-body.org
World cries out for help. Nothing is done in the interests of the bottom line dollar figure and the arrogance of humankind, world slams Cat-5 hurricane into the gulf coast.

Sounds to me like open and shut case of self-defense.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, August 29, 2005 9:18 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Wouldn't that be nice to see head lines like that when New Orleens gets nailed by this cat 5 hurricain thats comeing for them. But you know noone will give a fat rats ass about us in the different countries around the world. We have to fend for ourselves.
Well the predictions have it that the city sould be underwater for about 6 mounths untill
there able to pump the water out. This just proves why the U.S. should give the rest of the world a big one fingered salute.

I think anyone who agrees with you needs to evaluate themselves as a person. To be a truly righteous person, you need to feel right in the fact that helping someone is it's own reward. That helping someone is simply the right thing to do. That helping someone is the best use of spare resources.

I don't help people on the continegent to receive help later. It's not a loan of kindness, because there's no such thing. The people who are known throughout history for their good deeds are never people who felt entitled to praise or giveback.

I'm sorry if I tore your moral fiber a new one, but maybe some of my words can penetrate the opening.

---

Monday, August 29, 2005 9:31 AM on j-body.org
correction...Cat-4

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:42 PM on j-body.org
Well sorry to everyone who thinks we don't need/ deserve/ warrent any help from the worthless international community but you are completly wrong/ off base/ nuts! Why should we give till it hurts and only a few are willing to help us when we need it? The hell with the rest of the world who wants our help but then cant help us. I sincerly hope you get nailed with such a storm. But don't ask us for help.

And noone tore a hole in anything. If you don't think we desevre any help because were the U.S. then fine dont cry when your state gets nailed or when your neihborhood
gets washed away because you think we can take care of ourselves, Ok then take care of yourself.

Monday, August 29, 2005 12:44 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:
And noone tore a hole in anything. If you don't think we desevre any help because were the U.S. then fine dont cry when your state gets nailed or when your neihborhood
gets washed away because you think we can take care of ourselves, Ok then take care of yourself.

Did you read my post?

---

Monday, August 29, 2005 12:59 PM on j-body.org
YUP I sure did. Its nice allways help everyone out of the goodness of your heart true.
But after countless times weve helped the rest of the world it would be nice to see a little in return. And if noone wants to help us, cool no biggie. But do not ask us for help the next time your country needs help.

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:00 PM on j-body.org
i would have to say i agree with jackalope

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:05 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:YUP I sure did. Its nice allways help everyone out of the goodness of your heart true.
But after countless times weve helped the rest of the world it would be nice to see a little in return. And if noone wants to help us, cool no biggie. But do not ask us for help the next time your country needs help.

Yeah but while you say it's true, you say you expect return, which means you don't think it's true. Either I'm confused or you're confused, and I don't think it's me. Maybe you're not explaining yourself.

Further, after more thought, if I suddenly get hit with a $1000 bill, I don't ask people for loans if I can absorb it, painful as it may be. The U.S. economy is huge, we can absorb most anything. Most cases of assistance we get is when we need manpower...suchs as medical or wildfire control, because we have a history of cutting government funding on such services.

---

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:15 PM on j-body.org
AGH ! Fine AGuSTiN what ever ! Ever heard of a " reach around " ? Same basic principal. We give help all over the world and noone offers any back. This has gone on too long next time some country gets nailed but mom nature we should tell them to help themsevles.

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:18 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:And noone tore a hole in anything. If you don't think we desevre any help because were the U.S. then fine dont cry when your state gets nailed or when your neihborhood

hey t-dawg,

i think the point augustin is making on help is...

who is there to help? i mean besides the organizations GAM pointed out above...

but what MAINLY would they do?

most places dont even have the man power or the money to help themselves....so how would they help us?

for every single nation we help, its because we have a crapload more resources, money, and food....more than what they do...

take the tsunami victims... places from all over helped. but really, 150,000 plus died. or that was the lat i heard.

this hurricane, we have the technology to tell people... its gonna be F-ed up....leave....evacuate.... yet a few hard heads stay around.

it killed 7 or 11 in fla, and Lousiana had more than enough time to get out of there.

so really all we SHOULD be repairing is damage, not lost lives or finding the dead.

but since the repair is mostly damaged goods, buildings, houses.... what country that we normally help is that well off to make a contribution thats significant enough to even mean anything?

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:19 PM on j-body.org
What major disasters have we had where we needed others help and didn't get any?

---

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:24 PM on j-body.org
It would at least be nice to hear from the different countries we've helped if for nothing more then a phone call to show support or a f--king friut basket and an I'm sorry to hear about the hurricain card stuke in it.

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:30 PM on j-body.org
Jack: that happens more than you know, but it doesn't get reported too often...

When 9/11/01 happened, I know Canadians that went to NY as fire-rescue within an hour of hearing the news about the towers... There were over 150 countries that deplored the terrorist acts... Same thing in Oklahoma City, and with hurricanes Ivan, Charlie and Andrew, sending condolences when there was an established death toll.

It's left out of the news because of the old addage: If it bleeds, it leads.

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:38 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Jack: that happens more than you know, but it doesn't get reported too often...

When 9/11/01 happened, I know Canadians that went to NY as fire-rescue within an hour of hearing the news about the towers... There were over 150 countries that deplored the terrorist acts... Same thing in Oklahoma City, and with hurricanes Ivan, Charlie and Andrew, sending condolences when there was an established death toll.

It's left out of the news because of the old addage: If it bleeds, it leads.

thats true...

if you look around on alot of websites, theres whole prayer sessions etc...

even the samoan site i am on when something bad happens anywhere theres a post about it and some people even paypal organizations in the country of where the disaster happened.

its more widespread that it appears...

but you have to think.... news coverage. how many small things are really covered.

i mean we hear about natalee holloway daily, but there was that one woman who wanted to know why her son who was missing for 3 months wasnt on there. then they aired his story for a week....now its gone...still isnt found.

around the same time, cnn, fox news, all aired the boys story as well as the woman from NY who was 5 month prego... she was found however...

bottom line though, theres alot of giving from people who have virtually nothing, but its not a big news story, so many dont know.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search