What is my stance on abortion? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What is my stance on abortion?
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:56 PM on j-body.org
Well, I'll be!

Jack is agreeing with my ideas... Muahahahhaha!!!Eleven!!1!!!one!!!

/me wrings hands evilly

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:36 AM on j-body.org
[quote=��Fallen Angel��]
euric dinkins wrote:

i agree totally.. i feel that if you get an abortion you are a MURDERER point blank.(even raped... I can sympathize with a raped woman that does this, but the bottom line is you are STILL KILLING a unborn child, wanted or unwanted)

Let me explain something to you from my perspective once...

I understand your stance... but I was raped 4 years ago. Luckily, I was smart enough to go straight to the hospital, and they gave me a concoction of over 34 pills to take in 24 hours, to prevent certain STD's and to prevent pregnancy... so I didn't get pregnant.

Had I gotten pregnant, I probably wouldn't be sitting here today. The only way I got through what happened for the first how many ever months/year was to try to act like it didn't happen (denial... first stage). Had I gotten pregnant, and had a constant reminder day in day out of the horrible event that took place... I couldn't have dealt with it... and there probably would have been 2 dead people... me and an unborn child.

Granted, some rape victims that do get pregnant can handle it, some have the child and keep it, some have the child and give it up for adoption... but I wouldn't have been able to deal with it. Unless you personally know what it is like to be raped (at knifepoint nonetheless)... I can't expect you to understand... but can just ask to have an open mind about it.

Like I said I understand where you're comming from... but the whole debate on whether or not a woman should have that right to choose is very personal to me... being a woman that has been through what I have and all.

Do I think it should be restricted? Yes like I said before. But the right to choose should never be taken away completely... and I still think that women who use abortions as a form of birth control should be permanently sterilized... but the right to choose under certain circumstances should NEVER be taken away.

And if I misunderstood what you meant... I apologize ahead of time...

thats cool, all im saying is a child is a gift whether its forced upon you or not. so if you dont want a child at the time or are a rape victim give'em up for adoption. all im saying is that the child didnt ask to be here and deserves a chance at life like anyone else.i feel that god places everyone here for a reason and if everyone goes and aborts unwanted children then there are alot of people that dont get to serve their purpose.

Sinister Ambitions
when your girl is getting on your last nerve f*#k her dont fight her
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:37 AM on j-body.org
euric> I do understand that... but my point was that if I was FORCED to carry that child, IF I had gotten pregnant... there would be 2 dead people... I couldn't have dealt with it... the only way I got through it was to forget about it.

Maybe I would have gotten through it.... I don't know... and I'm glad I didn't have to find out.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:26 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

see what i love about Republicans is how its wrong to have abortion and its murder and bla bla bla but its totally ok to support unneeded foreign wars,tobacco companies, promote freedom to own assult weapons, dont want to destroy embryos for the ADVANCEMENT of human life, seems pretty @!#$ stupid to me to put the rights of a worm above those of the actually living ppl on this earth. Then again thats the typical LACK of intellect among most sheep opps I mean Republicans.

Biggest bunch of FLIP FLOPPERs

What a load of s hit...

matt, people voted "party" for different reasons...i doubt more than a handful of people agree with everything that their political party promotes...

GG being ignorant...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:37 AM on j-body.org
Voting Party that's least objectionable is sloth.

People vote for their own reasons.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:54 AM on j-body.org
However sloth those reasons can be...

After all, my voting methods (causing the most entropy to the system) have branded me a home-grown terrorist (like i give a flying, swimming, ambling, running, skipping, or frolicking @!#$), but everyone has a method.

Hell, at least one yahoo probably voted Bush because God told them to--shows God isn't much better at picking a leader than the people are.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:19 PM on j-body.org
From my point of view, MY BODY MY CHOICE! I've never had an abortion, or never been pregnant, but would like all options available to me. I fully agree that it shouldn't be something you do because your an irresponsible person. For example, a lady thats gets pregnant 3 diferent times, by a fault of her own, as not using protection,thats not ok. It shouldn't be used as away to clean up someones ignorance. After time 1 you should have learned your lesson. Yet there again, i wouldn't want someone that ignorant and irresponsibleto raise a child either. I hope to never have to make a choice ,but would like all choices available to me , if I ever have to.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:33 PM on j-body.org
I used to not care, but then i found that my father and my grandmother wanted to abort me. the funny thing is i found out when i was 16. so think to your self, what if you found that out? how would you feel about it then?
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:52 PM on j-body.org
Hey man, my folks have been lying to me about a twin that was still born.

If they wanted to abort, at the time, it wouldn't have happened, the other fetus died after the latest date to abort by CDN law (20 weeks IIRC).

However, aborting would have surely killed my mom as well.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:09 PM on j-body.org
How do you guys feel about the partial birth abortions that Bush recently outlawed?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:30 PM on j-body.org
Call it by it's medical name if you want to refer to it.
<a href="http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba.htm">DILATION & EXTRACTION (PBA) PROCEDURE</a>

I've linked to a decent set of articles that don't espouse a pro/anti religious stance. Read what the procedure actually is and why it is used before you call it by a misnomer.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:45 PM on j-body.org
Sorry Gam but all that comes up is a reference list of aborition sites. Not how I want to spend my evening reading about killing babies.

And I was referring to the banning of taking a baby that could live outside the mothers womb and removing punturing its head and sucking its brain out. Yes this is what was done, And guess what before they started removeing the brain of a liveing baby they would just remove it and let it die. Doubt me? Don't this is THEE reason my mother stopped being a nurse. The first time she walked into an O.R. with other nurses and saw a little baby boy about 2 to 3 months from delivery lying there with his eyes open
and trying to breath. She tried to help him but she was told by the head nurse that he was abborted and to throw him away. HE WAS ALIVE!!! My mother left in tears and they
threw him in the trash. This was back in the late '60's at Union Memorial Hospital
in Baltimore Md. This is the type of s--t that NEEDS to be out-lawed not a poor rape victom have an early abortion after she gets pregnant by her attacker. These are 2 way different things and I don't give a damn how many articles anyone produces to say contrary this is murder plain and simple. You all wonder why so many violent crimes are commited all the time well its because noone values life anymore. And if noone values the life of an un-born baby then why should we be surprised at all the murders
that go on in the world today.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:03 PM on j-body.org
ERrr..

first off, no fetus would be removed and tossed in the trash. It's usually anesthitised and dies at that time.

Second, Once the umbillicus is severed, the fetus has no ability to breathe at all because pulmonary functions are impossible..at 2-3 months the lungs could never support life on their own.

Third, the procedure you're talking about, that I pointed out (even pointed to a non-denominational RELIGIOUS SITE (that doesn't spout baseless crap)) happens in less than 1% of all cases, and the AMA's posted guidelines advises that it should only be done in cases where the fetus will not survive pregnancy or will endanger the mother's life.

All Bush did was take away the ability for a doctor to save a mother when the fetus is doomed anyhow. Interestingly enough, the AMA wasn't consulted for the law, nor were any family planning organisations, or women's organisations. Can you get a vagina on stage when you're signing in a law that affects the women that own them?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:56 PM on j-body.org
I think every single case has to be independently investigated...

but to paraphrase Carlin, isn't it amazing how these so-called conservatives are concerned about you before you're born, then they don't want a thing to do with you until you're old enough to vote and join the military?

I still need to ask, though, since we're so concerned about killing off human life here, what's the defining point about being human? Considering the percentage of DNA we share with most other species on this planet, we can't use DNA to really justify it, abnd we kill adult humans.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:03 PM on j-body.org
If grown men can sit in the white house and make laws governing women and their bodies for us without our consent... then there should also be laws that when a man rapes a woman... he should have his penis removed...

However also... anyone who abuses anything should be punished as well... in all aspects. Lawmakes abuse the system, they are punished... women abuse the right to abortions and making it a form of birth control... should be punished... etc....etc... etc...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:28 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Personally, I think we should eradicate abortion through more education, more support, more whatever to make sure it doesn't happen in the first place.

100 percent agree with that.

Quote:

when a man rapes a woman... he should have his penis removed...

Sounds good.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:09 AM on j-body.org
Not true Gam, If the womans life is in danger then the doctor can do what every he or she would need to. So NO Bush did not take away the doctors right to save someones life who is otherwise at risk. I mean come on do you really think something like would pass congress? Don't be silly.

And yes Gam in the trash to be burned as medical waste. What ever shot they gave to end his life hadn't stopped his heart by the time the room was to be cleaned and that is what happened. So you can ERrrr all you want to but it does not change the fact of what happened. And BTW he was delivered 2 to 3 months premature not 2 to 3 months into the pregnancy.

ERrrr all you want it does not change the fact of what happened.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:06 AM on j-body.org
I haven't read about something like what you say happening, but I won't discount it. I also don't know the information regarding the patient that you spoke about. Since Abortion was illegal in most states before the 1970s, I'm assuming the labour would have killed the mother.. if the doctor deemed it to be necessary to abort, I wouldn't argue the case. I'm no doctor.

If it's not legal to do something, the Doctor will lose their license and be liable for criminal charges regardless of whether or not a liability waiver was signed. If you outlaw the procedure, you're criminally liable. This still doesn't negate the fact that the AMA was NOT consulted regarding this legislation.

Read the link I posted. It's pretty informative.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:16 AM on j-body.org
Cool don't want any "E" feelings to get bruised. I'll check your links tonight and add anything if I feel the need to but I'm pretty sure my feelings on this are clear.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:08 AM on j-body.org
Another question you have to ask yourselves is this:

Making abortion illegal won't stop it--if she wants it bad enough she'll go from the clinic to the back of an alley and use a coathanger and a shop-vac. Some would see this as a good thing because of the risk to the mother's life and one less deadbeat mother polluting the genepool, but we have to face facts here.

While I'm all for education in preventing abortion--the "safety net" should always be there in ANYTHING. Just like my stance on the death penalty. While some cases are not deserving of it--sometimes you just have to do it. The blood is already on our hands.

My thoughts on abortion are this:

If you get one for rape or a fallopean tube implantation, that's cool. I don't think it's fair to the child to let it be born, while wreaking havoc with the mother's system and forcing her to carry it to term. Further, since the right-to-lifers are unwilling to accept embryo implantations and there are already so many kids up for adoption, we need some bilogical term limits because we're not letting nature do her job of killign off the weak and sickly. Further, I don't believe the murder argument is goign to hold water--after all, these same right to lifers are killing doctors--aborting children in the 200th trimester.

Unless people start taking "thou shat not kill" more serious, the murder statement, much like the hippie, simply won't wash.

As such, rape, falloption tube implantation, and anything that will injure the mother should be covered with the blanket protection and make it okay.

for other reasons, I think that they should come up with better semipermanent contraception--ones that can be reversible. That way, if some woman comes in for an abortion, thwey semipermanently sterilize her and won't unsterilize her until she's going to have kids. And, just to show i'm even-handed on this--if the father is known, they run a paternity test, and the father is semipermanently sterilized as well. That way, if you prove irresponsibility with your breeding rights, you have them taken away.

Further, i will propose a limit on families to 2 children. But i doubt that will fly.

But i do agree with Angel--if a man is proven to have raped a woman BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, his penis and testicles are removed, period.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:29 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Not true Gam, If the womans life is in danger then the doctor can do what every he or she would need to. So NO Bush did not take away the doctors right to save someones life who is otherwise at risk. I mean come on do you really think something like would pass congress? Don't be silly.
Oh ye of too much faith(in congress)...

Maybe you haven't noticed, but they have passed many many bad ideas through. Come on and tell me you agree with everything they've done over say - the last 20 years(tell me that and you've told me you're either very uninformed or a sheep who agrees with anything they do no matter what). But you ask - "how ever could congress pass an ingonant act which could put someone's life at risk?"

Lets see... Throw together a bunch of bickering left wing and right wing nut-jobs(who all know exactly how everyone else should live their lives) - who are constantly too busy taking cheap shot insults(and other purely political BS for more power to push their own agenda down everyone else's throats) to achieve(let alone maintain) any hold on reality and/or any sense of rationality. Luckily there are plenly of special interest lobbyist(most of whom are well paying and of course only have the American people's best interest in heart - lol) to tell them what to think.

Common sense does not translate into "political capitol". You say don't be silly? You should give that advise to your legislators. Quite frankly, telling them to stop "being silly" is being EXTREMELY kind.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:56 AM on j-body.org
Sometimes the best stance is to not have one at all.

I know I don't. maybe it's better that way. I'd like to think I'm doing my part in my mind. I always use protection. and all that jazz.

Forever a work in Progress
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:43 AM on j-body.org
I want a bumper sticker that says more people need to have abortions

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:09 AM on j-body.org
I want one that says " your mother should have had an abortion"

( Not yours in general Rodimus so don't take it that way. I hope you know what I ment )

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:57 AM on j-body.org
As a survivor of abortion.. I feel like that if I can avoid getting stabbed with a coat hanger and im stil here, any baby that cant avoid it shouldnt be here....

Survivor of the fittest....

j/k.... it should be banned or at least controlled

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search