Why are celebrities so fake? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why are celebrities so fake?
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:16 PM on j-body.org
Well I know why they are fake but why do they have to be fake? I'm watching the VMAs and everyone is so fake to the point of being everyone's fan. First of all, Sway acts like every rapper is his "boy" and they chill every weekend. Sway has no soul and wouldn't know what to do if MTV didn't tell him what to do...he can barely read or give an opinion.

Back to the celebrities...at the VMAs the 2 biggest nominated were Kanye West and Green Day, both are very good yes and well deserved for any award they win but come on celebrities...

EVERYONE kissed Kanye's ass and it wasn't even funny. "I'm a huge fan of Kanye's work"...I heard that so many times from the Pre-show it was sickening. "I'm a huge fan of Green Day" but these are the same people who would say "What's Punk Rock?"

This doesn't go for music...also movies too. You always here for a movie that someone is working on that their co-star is the best or their director is the best, so and so. Atleast be honest, damn. Find me an honest celebrity and I'll bite my tongue...I just wish people would be more real. They don't have to be rude and say "they suck" but be honest...if you don't like 50 cent say "I'm not a big fan of his work" or something...don't kiss 50 and G-Units ass because they are there...they ain't gonna do s**t to you so they can lose their millions.

Because of this...I tend not to watch any award shows...the "Hollywood" kissing up gets sickening.

Does anyone feel the same?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Why are celebrities so fake?
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:18 PM on j-body.org
One answer: $$$

Monday, August 29, 2005 12:20 PM on j-body.org
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:Sway has no soul

-Borsty
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:24 PM on j-body.org
everyone just wants another dollar to blow on drugs.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:30 PM on j-body.org
Steph, unlike the pervert on a subway, not only brushed up against the salient point, but actually penetrated it. It al comes down to money, and when you think about it--if you wonder why celebrities are fake--it's what the buying public wants.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:35 PM on j-body.org
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:Well I know why they are fake

I wondered this once, too. All I can say is it's in their nature. Ever been around the kids in drama in high school? Even alone, they act like they're always performing. But together they're worse than the band kids. Completely unbearable if you ask me.

Their perception of reality and art is blurred. It's like they're always in lala land in their head. Gets worse when they get rich. It's just the way it is. That's why the celebrity-to-celebrity divorce rate is so high.

You'll find the down-to-earth celebrities avoid other celebrities like the plague.

---

Monday, August 29, 2005 12:51 PM on j-body.org
I would have gone on stage and said Kayne West sucks and his music is lame because it is true

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:23 PM on j-body.org
i got alot of respect for kanye once you know his story.... anyone whos determined enough to go through what he did to make it, isnt lame or sucks. a man who can record a full song with his mouth wired shut is determined.

the celeb deal adam refers to.... mainly publicity.... this day and age if you say anything REMOTELY neutral, then the media twists it around and then you have crap following you for years...

its actually a smart move when you think about it...

in perspective for lets say the exterior forum on this site.

if one person does an addition..... and everyone is like oh snap thats awesome, but then i come on and say "its cool, a bit too common place, but cool"

you can be garundamnteed that someone misconstrues it as "i am better than him, i think his mod sucks, my car is 100 times ahead of his and the stuff i have is so unique way more than his"

sad part is, even on this forum, that BS does occur...

its simply more amplified through more mediums when you are famous with 40 diffferent mics and cams in your face though....

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:50 PM on j-body.org
NJHK: get ready to bite your lip...

Tony Kaye who directed American History X was in a bitter dispute with NewLine Cinema and Ed Norton specifically after New Line took Norton's side in a dispute over editing and screen time.

To put it mildly, Kaye is the antithesis of a starfucker.

I Figure that EVENT has it pretty closely hashed, If you don't have something good to say, lie (or ACT) your ass off. I don't know what the average star listens to, but whatever, it's their business. I'm not a fan of R&B (which as Chris Rock put it succinctly: Singing over a Rap beat), nor am I of Hip-hop... but, I can respect talent, I just don't follow trends in music, fashion or whatever, because, quite honestly, I'm no-ones unpaid whore.

I'm damned expensive!

If I figure I want to listen to Kanye, I'll get the MP3's, if I like it that much, I'll buy the albums. If I were posed the question, I'd answer honestly: Haven't heard any of the songs, I don't listen to hip-hop because I prefer classic rock and Electro.

If some media jack-off can construe that as being negative towards one person specifically, then great... I don't give a sh!t what anyone else thinks.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:52 PM on j-body.org
My only other thought about the question:

- Celebrities mirror the people they play to.

Monday, August 29, 2005 3:45 PM on j-body.org
i had my mouth wired shut when my jaw got broken. you can talk pretty normal actually, its no great feat.

Monday, August 29, 2005 4:12 PM on j-body.org
Why are celebrities so fake? About the same reason politicians are...

Monday, August 29, 2005 4:56 PM on j-body.org
<threadjack>
Love the new sig, Angel!
</threadjack>

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, August 29, 2005 5:18 PM on j-body.org
AnDaZZo wrote:i had my mouth wired shut when my jaw got broken. you can talk pretty normal actually, its no great feat.

maybe,, but to have it where everyone says you are so articulate and actually show little difference, record and album... anyone can clench jaws and talk. def easy, but a few of the lyrics were hard to get out without opening the mouth.

half the people around here get a metal splinter and cant finish working on their cars...

basically its someone who didnt let injury or a setback slow their goals in life. that i respect to the utmost in todays society where its cool to fail, excuses are given far more than effort, and if something is too hard you puss out.

Monday, August 29, 2005 5:20 PM on j-body.org
Hmmm.. Honest Celebs.. Well, they're the ones that rarely appear even though they are talented..

I'm betting Christopher Walken is honest.. Heck, he is just about always the same character in movies so I'm betting even his acting is close to real.

They are rare but.. umm Marlon Brando? Yep, hasn't worked since he said what he really thought of Hollywood.

PAX
Monday, August 29, 2005 5:21 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]Love the new sig, Angel!

Shoot me an IM next time you're on yahoo... i have a couple of others to choose from now too.... decisions decisions....

/thread jack

ON topic now... sorry for the delay folks...

just like I said earlier.... they're fake because they "have" to be... so to speak

Monday, August 29, 2005 5:52 PM on j-body.org
Not quite...

they're fake because we want them to be. If we disdained idolization for fake" celebrities and heralded the more natural ones--you'd see the paradigm shift quite rapidly as celebrities, like most people, are slaves to the almighty dollar.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, August 29, 2005 5:59 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:
They are rare but.. umm Marlon Brando? Yep, hasn't worked since he said what he really thought of Hollywood.

Notwithstanding he's been dead for over a year

Death always puts a crimp on your future marketability in Holywood. What a pisser!

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:13 PM on j-body.org
Dead people can't be fake then either

Anyway, you get the point. He spoke his mind and it ended his career in Hollywood.

If you know any entertainers, of any type, you know that "it's all about the show."

I know a few, and in private they are different people, or nearly anyway. Most I know are local musicians, but they too have an audience to please. One is a large stage magician, I know how most of his illusions work and have contributed some technical help. He is totally different, even backstage compared to in public. Actually, he is NOT wierd (his onstage persona is pretty dark, not creepy really, but dark), and he and I get along quite well.

Anyway, it's all part of keeping up the act. They're career depends on them presenting their "star" self at all times when in public.

PAX
Monday, August 29, 2005 7:49 PM on j-body.org
True...

but then again, most performers of any stripe are attention whores... they'll do whatever they can to get and prolong their 15 minutes.

Personally, I think George C Scott gave the ultimate F-you to the academy after they gave him the oscar for Patton.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:11 PM on j-body.org
I think they are just happy they won, so they throw out some positive energy toward everyone else.

I didnt watch it, but im glad "my boys" (sig) won a handful of awards. congrats!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:24 AM on j-body.org
Because you buy their @!#$ty cds, and go see their stupid movies.

Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:26 AM on j-body.org
edwardsmr2002 wrote:Because you buy their @!#$ty cds, and go see their stupid movies.

On the contrary...I don't buy CDs

Sunday, September 04, 2005 10:19 AM on j-body.org
I don't buy CD's I don't like (I support the artists) and I don't go to see movies in the theatre EVER. I have stopped myself from going to see Star Wars EpIII, and Sin City (which were 2 I was dying to see), and I'll wait for the DVD's. The other cool thing is that I don't have to buy my way in to see 4-5 screenings of the same movie if I like it.

It's all about the money.. and the crappy concessions.

Sunday, September 04, 2005 11:11 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I don't buy CD's I don't like (I support the artists) and I don't go to see movies in the theatre EVER. I have stopped myself from going to see Star Wars EpIII, and Sin City (which were 2 I was dying to see), and I'll wait for the DVD's. The other cool thing is that I don't have to buy my way in to see 4-5 screenings of the same movie if I like it.

It's all about the money.. and the crappy concessions.

I'll retract my statement, I only buy CDs of Artists I support...for example, I support Three Siz Mafia & Project Pat and I bought almost all their CDs and all of Project Pats albums.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search