Ghosts, real or not? - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ghosts, real or not?
Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:01 PM on j-body.org
As a matter of fact I kinda do have the resources to test for infrasound.

So I'll meet you outside....say midnight???

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:33 PM on j-body.org
I wasn't being a smart ass 2nr....... Well Ok maybe a little. But it would be great if you could come down here so we could do a scietific test like that. But if memory serves your not exactly local are you?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 3:33 PM on j-body.org
regarding the hyper linking: The forum code will automatically link when you post the hyper link in < > brackets, or if you just post the plain link on it's own line wiuth the HTTP:// tags:

http://www.j-body.org

Now for the topic of the thread:

I believe there MAY be ghosts, but I've been in enough spooky places to know that there is a lot of ideas about them, but little with repeatable veracity.

There are possible sightings, but most "hauntings" are explained due to Ultra-Low Frequency (ie. sub-20hz) resonations. It happens with wind vibrations both on and in buildings, tree growth/vibrations, Traffic noise...

It triggers your innate flight/fight response and stimulates your adrenaline response.

As for actually SEEING a ghost, I've seen a few (I've lived in a haunted house, and slept in the condemned's gaolcell in Amsterdam's main gaol (jail) that's been converted to a hostile for travellers) and really, I can't say for certain that it was or was not real.

Either way, if they are real, fine.... if not, oh well... You can't really talk about engineering plans over the campfire.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, August 29, 2005 12:08 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Then I guess we need to go back to the "Hell House" huh Steff? It was actualy a girls
private catholic college that untill about 10 years ago was still standing and was
beautiful inside the chappel but some dumbass burned it down. Right next to where
the college used to be there also used to be some rather large mills untill hurican Agness flooded the whole valley and washed them away. All the buildings in the area
date back to the 1800's when the B&O railroad ran the first railroad in the country thu there. The mills back then had very little safty equipment and lots of people died. The
old paper mill thats still across the river that just burned up a couple years ago and was still being used claimed an avarage of 2 people a year to accidental death and its been in use for about 100 years. That would mean at least 100 people have died in that general area. Thats at least 100 people that died a horrible death so I wouldn't be a bit surprised at all if the whole area wasn't haunted.

We should go back up there again around midnight and see what we can see.

Actually Terry, you are wrong. You are thinking of the Patapsco Womens Institute...

BaggedCav98, that was our first trip you are thinking of...we went to Hell House about a month ago...

Monday, August 29, 2005 12:31 PM on j-body.org
Ok Steff I'm confused I thought you siad it was the big building on the hill top right near the train bridge. If so then thats the college, if you went somewhere else then my bad
but I thought the college was were you were talking about.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search