Decent article on recent war protests - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Decent article on recent war protests
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 3:53 PM on j-body.org
jackalope> I do understand what you're saying... but common sense tells you that Al-Jazeera or whatever, would not report hte whole story on what's actually going on over here...

If I was over there... I wouldn't believe it... common sense would dictate that... ya know? I mean I know that some people don't have it... but just think about it

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:21 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN, thanks for realizeing that haveing to follow a lawfull order isn't exactly an option. ( NO I'm not being a smart ass I mean )

Fallen Angel, I know I didn't pay much mind to that kinda crap but you'd be suprised how mant actualy did.

I'm not looking for a fight guys I just think people need to think about what they're gonna protest and what effects it may have on others before they go thu it thats all.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:32 PM on j-body.org
Jack: I understand what you're saying, but I'm saying this: The protesters can't help it if the soldiers don't get why there are protests... Ultimately, it's not directed at them personally, and there aren't any (at least informed and self-controlled protesters) that are up and calling them baby-killers... it's not vietnam. By that same token, people of good conciense and good will cannot excuse a government's actions that they believe are wrong, immoral and unproven.

Protesters usually try to make it plain their objection to a Political idea.. I think that most people that would protest would rather people understand that their beef is with the people that make the decisions, not the people that carry out their orders.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:40 PM on j-body.org
Cool guys I'm glad you can see where I'm coming from and why I'm agaist it. I understand wanting to protest the govt. But people just need to be carefull thats all.

Protest the pres. all you want to but please remember the troops and think about what you say before you say it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:45 PM on j-body.org
blueakron04 wrote:I found this article and figured I would throw it out there to you guys/gals. As an avid supporter of our troops and finding myself continually disgusted by anti-war protesters I thought this was a nicely written article. It kind of looks at things from the view that the media tries to ignore as they make Sheehan and other protesters look like heroes.........

way i see it, her son died for a cause, a cause that protects her amendment rights...

thats under rights to protest.

alot of people talk about "you have to think about the things that come about from protesting"

like what? really?

just because you protest the war, doesnt mean you are "anti-bring our troops back home safe"

on the same terms, as an example.... i could be against mcdonalds food, but still be for fast food.

being against one certain issue doesnt mean you dont support the people involved.

its like i can be against catholic priests boning kids, but be FOR those who are believers in their respective religion.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search