well bush cant be so bad but still not perfect - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: well bush cant be so bad but still not perfect
Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:04 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]You can't say for certain that Kerry would be better or worse than Bush--ditto on Gore.

But think for a moment--have we ever had a really good president? I don't think so--every one was flawed in some way.

I think its hysterical how People were voting for Kerry, "because, anythings better than Bush"

Are you sure about that? What are you basing that on, the last time Kerry was president, oh.... wait.

And yes all our presidents suck in one way or another.

"College is the place you go when you don't
want to do @!#$. It's a place to hide until
you figure things out. And while its important
to actually be interested in the subject you are
studying, its mainly an opportunity to get away
from society in general and continue to pursue
you interests in what is most certainly not the
real world" - Lewis Black

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:13 AM on j-body.org
solaris * wrote:Can I just add that it was the Bush administration that cut New Orleans flood control funding by 44% to pay for the war in Iraq.

wow...

I guess egg on the face is the new blue pinstripe suit.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:52 AM on j-body.org
Emort: For the very reason that Gore and Kerry were never president is the reason I say it--we don't know how good, or how bad they will be. For all we know, Like most republicans say, Gore could have totally screwed up the aftermath of 9-11, or he could have handled it a lot better than Bush--we simply don't know. That was my point--I can't say Kerry or whoever could be better than Bush anymore than you or anyone else can say that they would have handled it worse.

Same thing with Kerry--he could have turned Iraq into something worse than it is now, or he could have fixed it--We don't know.

Anyhow, Considering all the LAME reasons why people voted for WHOEVER, it's really not up to us--people will vote for whoever they vote for--for whatever reason. I presonally think it's lame that a lot of people voted for Bush because of his religious convictions, but hey, it's their vote and they can vote the way they see fir. Just like those who voted for Kerry because they didn't like Bush--it's their perogative. It would be like if next election there wasn't someone i thought could do a good job, or bring more entropy without turning it into a totalitarian state--if i choose to write in Porky Pig, it's my perogative to throw away my vote in protest. That's one of the few beauties of this system--we vote for who we want for the reasons we want...as asinine as they are.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, September 01, 2005 12:01 PM on j-body.org
thats all im saying KOTL.

Im just saying, that argument, is really based on nothing.

Im not being pro bush when i say that, im just saying, what the hell kinda reason is that.

IMO voting for religious reasons, even if your a pagan or whatever, makes more sense then voting "just because" all that shows is that you spend all your time watching fox or cnn and believe the media but don't actaully think about it.

"College is the place you go when you don't
want to do @!#$. It's a place to hide until
you figure things out. And while its important
to actually be interested in the subject you are
studying, its mainly an opportunity to get away
from society in general and continue to pursue
you interests in what is most certainly not the
real world" - Lewis Black
Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:06 PM on j-body.org
its just hard to concieve while certainly possible anyone doing a worse job

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:35 PM on j-body.org
Emor8t:

While I know that the devil you know is better than a kick in the giggleberries on a cold morning, many people don't. I personally voted for Kerry not only because Bush undermined the bill of rights with the Patriot Act bull@!#$, but he would add more entropy into the system.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if people consulted the Psychic Hotline or got their information on who to vote for based upon what their Rice Krispies told them. I just look at the system as GIGO.

The politicians suck because the people suck.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, September 02, 2005 1:14 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Well its nice to know he finally got off vacation for SOMETHING, I guess total chaos in Iraq, economic depression, inflation, energy costs, poor foreign relations werent enough.

BTW for all you IDIOT Bush fans, did you know that he has spent more days on vacation than ANY US president in history in only 5 years in office, he has spent over a 1/4 of his time in office on vacation, try doing that at your job and see what happens. Further proof he is the worst president this country has ever had

i total agree the people that put bush i office the second time must have been high or something. i mean look at the s*itty job he did the first four years

Sinister Ambitions
when your girl is getting on your last nerve f*#k her dont fight her
Friday, September 02, 2005 6:17 PM on j-body.org
Might have been a better Idea to put Ross Perot on the ballot. There were a few independants on the ballot as well.. might have been a good idea to get them on it.

Day 5 and the military is JUST being mobilised.

Shameful.

Just Shameful.

Friday, September 02, 2005 9:56 PM on j-body.org
well theres no oil in New Orleans ya know?

Saturday, September 03, 2005 1:14 AM on j-body.org
kanye west is the biggest idiot EVAR

-------

the people need to take back the government. we have gone TOO long with allowing our OWN government that is SUPPOSED to eb run by THE PEOPLE keep secrets from us.

every single branch of the entire government needs full restructuring

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Saturday, September 03, 2005 6:58 AM on j-body.org
No the structure thats put down by the forefathers is one of the best the world has, it is not perfect as no democracy is. The problem is that ppl dont educate themselves on issues or what the candidates really are, all I ever hear people say is well I choose the less of 2 evils. It should be about who you LIKE the best.

Many ppl in this country are naive sheep, they follow something because thier religion or thier political party says its ok or isnt. Had they ever taken the time to think global and beyond thier own culture, or were raised to seek out thier own answers rather than what everyone tells them or some 2000 year old book written by ppl with todays 5th grade education, they might feel differently about alot of things.

Saturday, September 03, 2005 7:48 AM on j-body.org
Well, that and people are pretty apathetic.. it's rife in the west.

Saturday, September 03, 2005 2:22 PM on j-body.org
Maybe Gore would have been better. Maybe not. The same can be said about Kerry. We will never know the answer to that question. The question we do have an answer to after 5 years in office is that everything George W. gets his hands on turns to total S*#t. The man is a broken record. As I watch the news last night G.W. was speaking in N.O. about the relief efforts. Twice he stated "we are" making progress ". I could not help thinking how many times have we heard " we are making progress" come out of this guys mouth? It sure seems that it's just the same old s*#t over and over. I'am tired of it!

New Yeller
Rice is nice,but where's the BEEF!
02lssport.jpg
Saturday, September 03, 2005 3:56 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:No the structure thats put down by the forefathers is one of the best the world has, it is not perfect as no democracy is. The problem is that ppl dont educate themselves on issues or what the candidates really are, all I ever hear people say is well I choose the less of 2 evils. It should be about who you LIKE the best.

Many ppl in this country are naive sheep, they follow something because thier religion or thier political party says its ok or isnt. Had they ever taken the time to think global and beyond thier own culture, or were raised to seek out thier own answers rather than what everyone tells them or some 2000 year old book written by ppl with todays 5th grade education, they might feel differently about alot of things.

i meant, the PEOPLE leading each branch and then each level below them.

i was not suggesting a overhaul of the way our democracy WORKS

i suggest a overhaul of WHO is making our democracy "work"

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:17 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:No the structure thats put down by the forefathers is one of the best the world has, it is not perfect as no democracy is. The problem is that ppl dont educate themselves on issues or what the candidates really are, all I ever hear people say is well I choose the less of 2 evils. It should be about who you LIKE the best.

Dude, thats the same thing I told you yestarday, just rehashed and lenghted to make you appear intellegent. You really aren't very bright.

Monday, September 05, 2005 11:45 AM on j-body.org
i dont even know who your are much less any of your posts, insignificant to me

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:56 PM on j-body.org
ok well I expect everyone to vote for me in the future..........................ECOFIRE WILL RUN FOR PRESIDENT

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 5:27 PM on j-body.org
IF I were a citizen, I'd for Christopher Walkin.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 1:09 PM on j-body.org
yea walkin would rule

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search