From Michael Moore to Dubya - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
From Michael Moore to Dubya
Friday, September 02, 2005 2:54 PM on j-body.org
Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st

Now, I'm not 100% certain on the validity of this, but it is possible.

Argue amongst yourselves now

Re: From Michael Moore to Dubya
Friday, September 02, 2005 2:58 PM on j-body.org
I hate micheal moore so i didnt read it

Friday, September 02, 2005 3:06 PM on j-body.org
themarin8r wrote:I hate micheal moore so i didnt read it

"College is the place you go when you don't
want to do @!#$. It's a place to hide until
you figure things out. And while its important
to actually be interested in the subject you are
studying, its mainly an opportunity to get away
from society in general and continue to pursue
you interests in what is most certainly not the
real world" - Lewis Black
Friday, September 02, 2005 3:11 PM on j-body.org
So instead of looking at something that is written by somenone you dislike and have the oppotunity to take apart and analyse for any sort of truth, you both take the if I do not see it, it is not true route???

Well, I do not always agree with Mr Moore or Mr Bush, but he does bring up some good and VALID points
Friday, September 02, 2005 3:22 PM on j-body.org
No he doesn't moore only uses half truths, particularly bad ones at that.

Friday, September 02, 2005 3:45 PM on j-body.org

Unfortunately I did read it.

I should write Michael Moore back stating that the people in NOLA are starving and there would be more food available if his fat ass would've laid off the cheesburgers.
Friday, September 02, 2005 4:22 PM on j-body.org
Emor8t wrote:No he doesn't moore only uses half truths, particularly bad ones at that.

---

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:24 PM on j-body.org
Emor8t wrote:No he doesn't moore only uses half truths, particularly bad ones at that.

That's a bit hypocritical, isn't it? You don't want to believe what Michael Moore has to say simply because it's by Michael Moore, but you want us to believe you when you say isn't true just because you say it isn't?

Do us all a favor if it isn't true.... SHOW US WHAT ISN'T TRUE.

Enlighten us, or we'll just assume you're a willfully ignorant jackass.

---

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:29 PM on j-body.org
ok. assume it. like i care.

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:32 PM on j-body.org
What? So you post your opinion in the War Forum for what reason, then?

---

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:39 PM on j-body.org
If you honestly think that Micheal Moore tells the truth, the any source of information I show your just going to act like is some republican conservative bull. So, im not going to waste 15 minutes of my time trying to explain to you how Micheal Moore works, and site sources.

The simple answer to any question on how moore works goes like this:

Moore states some fact that is only half true, then spins it to make you think that its completley true.

Its pathetic how many people come out of his movies, like OMG, I never knew.

Do the research yourself, cause your not going to believe me

Here is a good start

Friday, September 02, 2005 5:35 PM on j-body.org
Emor8t wrote:If you honestly think that Micheal Moore tells the truth, the any source of information I show your just going to act like is some republican conservative bull. So, im not going to waste 15 minutes of my time trying to explain to you how Micheal Moore works, and site sources.

Moore states some fact that is only half true, then spins it to make you think that its completley true.

Here is a good start

I just asked you to show me why what he said in the above statement isn't true. That's it.

What about this source criticising....
Newt Gingrinch
"Gingrich said the pace of the federal disaster response puts into question Homeland Security and Northern Command planning over the last four years. He rhetorically asked why the government believes it's prepared for a nuclear or biological attack when it can't respond to an event that was predicted days in advance."

Lot more here...
http://news.google.com/news?q=newt%20gingrich%20katrina&num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&c2coff=1&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wn

http://www.wdsu.com/money/4930782/detail.html

---

Friday, September 02, 2005 5:50 PM on j-body.org
Emor8t wrote:If you honestly think that Micheal Moore tells the truth, the any source of information I show your just going to act like is some republican conservative bull. So, im not going to waste 15 minutes of my time trying to explain to you how Micheal Moore works, and site sources.

Here is a good start

I do not think that you give the majority of people any credit, if people are that STUPID to think that anything on film or tv or anything is absolute truth and states it as fact without researching it, that is just their own bullheadedness.

I walk out of Moore movies or any movie with thoughts of "I never thought about it that way" or "wow, I need to look into this"

A good chunk of people in this war forum do this which is why we are interested in knowing what you think are HALF TRUTHS. If asking questions is half truth then yes, the letter was full of them, but I do not think this is the case.

You did say that you did not read it though, I am curious if you have read it yet??
Friday, September 02, 2005 6:04 PM on j-body.org
Half truths?

Take a look at the ppl there, dont cover bush's ass on this one cause there isnt a leg to stand on

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, September 02, 2005 6:08 PM on j-body.org
Emor8T is about as bullheaded about a lot of things (particularly liberals) as he thinks other are.

It's not like he'd read a sarcastic letter.

Or anything that questions a president.

It would require that he pull his head out of the sand, and think about what is being said and asked.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, September 02, 2005 6:39 PM on j-body.org
this is one time i agree with moore

and this is also one time where nobody supports or approves of hte president, he totally botched this one

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, September 02, 2005 6:51 PM on j-body.org
He's not the only one, sadly.

Friday, September 02, 2005 7:28 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:Do us all a favor if it isn't true.... SHOW US WHAT ISN'T TRUE.

In bowling for columbine the bank sends you the gun in the mail...but Moore said that they were doing a documentery, and his producer had to fight like hell to get them to let him walk out of that bank with that gun.

Oh, and in Farenhite 9-11 he totaly misquoted Bush on the golf course...he wasn't just talking about osama...a reporter asked about terrorisim...it was a general quote

Two examples of half-truths...which are almost worse than flat out lies

Friday, September 02, 2005 7:40 PM on j-body.org
i really cant stand michael moore. his movies are nothing more than propaganda.....he twists the truth around to fit his needs. oddly enough thats the same thing he accuses the other side does in his "documentaries". boling for columbine has got to be one of the worst, most lop-sided lies ive ever seen.

however in this case i would agree with him (or whoever wrote that). the president has messed up on the whole hurricane deal....

Friday, September 02, 2005 8:55 PM on j-body.org
That's on Moore's site: http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2005-09-02

Say what you like, but if you think you're going to get the whole truth from someone with a bent to sell you something (ie. news, a point of view, politics) you'd do better going to a bum and getting the word on the street.

Frankly, yes, Moore DOES infer a lot from facts not in question... at least he gets the facts right in the first place, and he doesn't try to BS his viewpoint as being "unbiased" or "no-spin." If the worst that comes from it is a few people think he's an @!#$, so be it, you're probably not thinking about other people's motivations in the first place, and you're going to accept the buttsecksing you're getting because you think it's okay.

If you have to stop and think for a minute, or even *gosh* take a few minutes and read something more indepth... He's done something good.

If you blindly accept one person's ideas and turn them into your own, you're stupid, and you have no right to comment. If you're just not in love with the fact that someone else on the other side of the divide isn't giving you 100% of the truth, again, no rights to comment.

Don't forget that Moore wasn't in love with Clinton either.

Anyhow.

Read the full letter, and think for yourself.

Friday, September 02, 2005 9:48 PM on j-body.org
ok Dubya fans explain that one

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

The Bush Adminstration puts the needs of American "interests" above American PEOPLE

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, September 03, 2005 1:38 AM on j-body.org
Emor8t wrote:

Moore is a piece of @!#$. i hope he dies.

-Borsty
Saturday, September 03, 2005 1:57 AM on j-body.org
i hope he farts so bad while eating his 6 morning pizzas that he blows a hole right out his backside and bleeds to death

Saturday, September 03, 2005 6:21 AM on j-body.org
There is no desputing that the buget for the levies has been cut by 44% since 2001, or that the Army Corp of Engineers stated that they must be improved or that their buget was cut by 80% or that they then had to cease operations or the Bush approved the wetland developement that removed buffer for the city.. For every 1/2 mile of wetlands that were lost thaere would be one foot less depth to the water covering NO.

^^ Those are undesputable facts ^^

Next there's the curiousity that he has refused aide from other countries and that the Candian Red Cross was on scene before the National Guard was able to respond. Also fact.

Bush even admitted that the response has been "unacceptable" (his words).

About Moore.. Yup, he spews opinion laced with fact. He does twist it to be worse than it is in many instances. That's true. I'm not a big fan of that aspect for sure. You know what he does that is super important though? He get's people to think, and debate and talk about issue that would have been swept away.. So regardless of his ethics and motive, he does something very important. The proof is in the pudding.. This discussion would not have happened if he hadn't written that letter for example. Columbine would be a page in a history book. Nobody would know where Flint is anymore.. etc.

PAX
Saturday, September 03, 2005 7:44 AM on j-body.org
^^ well put.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search