Leave not one child behind??? From the draft? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Leave not one child behind??? From the draft?
Friday, September 02, 2005 9:00 PM on j-body.org
http://www.leavemychildalone.org/index.cfm

Comments?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Re: Leave not one child behind??? From the draft?
Friday, September 02, 2005 9:55 PM on j-body.org
i used to get so tired of those @!#$s calling

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:23 AM on j-body.org
If they start a draft you'll be the first person they call. But it ain't gonna happen so drop it.

Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:58 AM on j-body.org
They start a draft and they'll be some serious marching in the streets. It'll get 1960's ugly.

---

Sunday, September 04, 2005 10:20 AM on j-body.org
At least you can opt your child out of the dumb parts of an ill-concieved programme.

Monday, September 05, 2005 12:52 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

They start a draft and they'll be some serious marching in the streets. It'll get 1960's ugly.

It'll make that look like kindergarten recess. It won't be pretty.....

-John

Monday, September 05, 2005 1:03 PM on j-body.org
Im ok with the draft, as long as the only draft kentucky and west virginia....

OHHHH NO HE DINNIT!

Yes, I did.

Monday, September 05, 2005 1:19 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:http://www.leavemychildalone.org/index.cfm

Comments?

Here in the States we have a thing called the SELECTIVE SERVICE. See, those nice peace websites never want to give you the ENTIRE STORY. Look it up, it pretty much blows that site out of the water.
Monday, September 05, 2005 1:32 PM on j-body.org
Actually, mrgto: read the FAQ section. It's not drafting legislation, it's giving recruiters information that you did not specifically authorise them to get.

It's a privacy issue.

Monday, September 05, 2005 1:36 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Is your campaign anti-military?
The Leave My Child Alone campaign focuses on one simple issue: should public high schools turn over private contact information of minor children to military recruiters without explicit written permission from parents. Among those who support our campaign are current and retired military service members who are proud of their service to their country and indeed fought to protect the privacy rights and freedoms which we seek to defend. We support our troops, but we do not support recruiters visiting or calling children at their homes without explicit written permission from their parents.

From: http://www.leavemychildalone.org/index.cfm?event=showContent&contentid=34

Monday, September 05, 2005 2:20 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Actually, mrgto: read the FAQ section. It's not drafting legislation, it's giving recruiters information that you did not specifically authorise them to get.

It's a privacy issue.

When you register for US Selective Service(IT IS THE LAW HERE IN America, you have to do it), the military branch you specify has all the info they need.

http://www.sss.gov/

Monday, September 05, 2005 2:23 PM on j-body.org
Sharing Your Information With Other Government Agencies

Registration information may be shared with the following government agencies for the purposes stated:

1. Department of Justice – for review and processing of suspected violations of the Military Selective Service Act (MSSA), for perjury, and for defense of a civil action arising from administrative processing under such Act.

2. Department of State and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service - for collection and evaluation of data to determine a person’s eligibility for entry/reentry into the United States and for United States citizenship.

3. Department of Defense and U.S. Coast Guard – to exchange data concerning registration, classification, induction, and examination of registrants and for identification of prospects for recruiting.

4. Department of Labor – to assist veterans in need of data concerning reemployment rights, and for determination of eligibility for benefits under the Workforce Investment Act.

5. Department of Education – to determine eligibility for student financial assistance.

6. Bureau of the Census – for the purposes of planning or carrying out a census or survey or related activity pursuant to the provisions of Title 13.

7. Office of Personnel Management and U.S. Postal Service – to determine eligibility for employment.

8. Department of Health and Human Services – to determine a person’s proper Social Security Number and for locating parents pursuant to the Child Support Enforcement Act [42 U.S.C. 653 (e) (2)].

9. State and Local Governments – to provide data that may constitute evidence and facilitate the enforcement of state and local law.

10. Alternative Service Employers – to exchange information with employers regarding a registrant who is a conscientious objector for the purpose of placement and supervision of performance of alternative service in lieu of induction into the military service.

11. General Public – Registrant’s name, Selective Service Number, Date of Birth and Classification, (Military Selective Service Act, Section 6, 50 U.S.C. App. 456h).

http://www.sss.gov/PRIVACY.HTM
Monday, September 05, 2005 4:41 PM on j-body.org
Again, you are from Canada why are you so obsessed with our politics and government?

Second there will be no draft, because 51% of us will Volunteer to go to Iraq before any of the liberals or democrats or conscientious objectors or anyone else who doesn't want to go gets drafted.

There are plenty of Canadians on here, start posting everyday about your own countries problems.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Monday, September 05, 2005 4:54 PM on j-body.org
Mennitti wrote:Again, you are from Canada why are you so obsessed with our politics and government?

Second there will be no draft, because 51% of us will Volunteer to go to Iraq before any of the liberals or democrats or conscientious objectors or anyone else who doesn't want to go gets drafted.

There are plenty of Canadians on here, start posting everyday about your own countries problems.

Fool, Canada has no problems

more like america doesn't care if canada merges into the US or falls into the ocean.

Monday, September 05, 2005 7:14 PM on j-body.org
Mennitti: I'd rather voice my opinion and solicit others than pretend there's nothing wrong.

The thing that you need to know is that by default, I HAVE to informed of what happens in the US, both politically and financially... Canada's economy is dependant on the US... The old saying goes here: "if the US sneezes, Canada gets pneumonia."

I pay attention to things because, one way or the other it will impact my life... It already has a few times.

Emor8t: If Canada fell into the ocean, you'd pay at least 3x the amount for food, Gas, Power, water and building materials, overnight.

mrgto: so what you're saying is that, when you reach the age of majority, the information is shared, yet LNCB legislation shares it before hand. I re-iterate my previous statement regarding privacy.

Monday, September 05, 2005 7:41 PM on j-body.org
Typical holier than though b.s. from you, worry about your own country.

You don't even own a jbody, I think you are only here to agitate conservatives in the war and off-topic forums.

"solicit others" good choice of words; (se-lis it) v. entice or tempt to think alike. I would even go as far as brainwash, with all this liberal press support you always quote and link to everyone in your arguments, I would swear you are actually an undercover college professor.

Monday, September 05, 2005 8:52 PM on j-body.org
ok. building matierials maybe, but we still get niagra falls. the rest goes into the drink.

And if we don't or didn't take any meat from you guys because of madcow right?

We grow enough corn and potatoes and wheat. and I already live in a house. You guys using less gas/ the amount of gas we'd loose and yea im pretty sure, nothing would really matter that much to us.

Goob bye.

(Yes I meant GooB)

Monday, September 05, 2005 9:41 PM on j-body.org
Mennitti wrote:Typical holier than though b.s. from you, worry about your own country.

You don't even own a jbody, I think you are only here to agitate conservatives in the war and off-topic forums.

He's *typically* far more informed than all.. and I do mean all... conservatives found in this forum. When you can stop being upstaged by this Canadian, let me know. But true to form of most talk-show quality conservatives when they can't win an argument, they attack the person's background.

Mennitti wrote:
"solicit others" good choice of words; (se-lis it) v. entice or tempt to think alike. I would even go as far as brainwash, with all this liberal press support you always quote and link to everyone in your arguments,

Great. Another Republican, spouting off about the liberal media when the major news outlets are FOXNews (conservative), owned-by-GE-the-US-defense-contractor NBC, Bloomberg, and CNN... doing it's best to copy FOXNews.

Give me a break. The press was ALL OVER Clinton on his many mistakes, Bush gets free pass after free pass. I think the Hurricane might finally change all that.

Mennitti wrote:
I would swear you are actually an undercover college professor.

Funny how the countries most educated, most well-versed in history all seem to be liberal more often than naught... hmmmm... Makes you think, huh? Oh, unless you're a dittohead.

---

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 2:41 AM on j-body.org
Again, when you register for Selective Service, your info is out there. There is no expectation of privacy at all. Once you grasp that concept you'll be 1000% more informed.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:00 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

conservatives when they can't win an argument, they attack the person's background.

Thats the pot calling the kettle black.

I learned a long time ago kid, that you can't argue with liberals. Most of them are overbearing and irrational, they are convinced they are right no matter what. I started a post a couple years ago called kill the liberals which Grand Am Canadian Matt would not touch, and it went on for a couple weeks. He chooses his battles with less informed and less intelligent people, kind of like the guy in the bar scene of "Good Will Hunting."

WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT MINE CONSTANTLY EVERYDAY! You annoy the crap out of me, which appears to be the only reason you are here - to annoy people. I would vote to ban you if we had one.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:15 AM on j-body.org
Mennitti wrote:
Thats the pot calling the kettle black.

I'd of given you that one, if I was a pot. I'm not liberal as you want to assume I am. I'd take my shots at any flaming liberal if more of them would show up.

Mennitti wrote:
I learned a long time ago kid, that you can't argue with liberals. Most of them are overbearing and irrational

I would vote to ban you if we had one.

Yet, when you have a chance to argue with informed and well-educated moderates, you want to label them as liberals, deny their speech over the unregulated internet even when both citizens live in supposed free-speech loving countries. Some conservative you're turning out to be! Sounds like you'd be more at home in a dictatorship.

Why don't you impress us like GAM has and then we'll pretend to reconsider a ban on one of the most knowledgable forum members the JBO has.

Mennitti wrote:
He chooses his battles with less informed and less intelligent people, kind of like the guy in the bar scene of "Good Will Hunting."

Yeah, who cares?

---

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:16 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Good to know...Now all we have to do is find a way to get all of the "liberals" to die for an empty cause they whole-heartedly believe in and it would make the country a better place.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:03 AM on j-body.org
mrgto wrote:Again, when you register for Selective Service, your info is out there. There is no expectation of privacy at all. Once you grasp that concept you'll be 1000% more informed.

That's something that doesn't set me at ease at all. I understand the point of it, however, I don't agree with the idea that you MUST register.. Then again, Canada has never had a Draft, always been voluntary service. Drafts can only be initiated under the War Measures act, and even then, it has to be over 85% for (basically unanimous).

Emor8t:
Niagara falls' power dams are on the Ontario side, and anyhow, most of the power that is used to light up about half the eastern Sea-board is coming from the James Bay project. To Compensate for that loss, you'd see every nuclear reactor from the mid-west east, go to full capacity.

The food angle, sure, you grow tons, but you also have to understand that over half of the wheat and other hearty grains, as well as about 25% of the beef and dairy products that supply the northern parts of the US would be gone.

Mennitti:
I don't get baited into a pointless and futile arguement with someone that can't grasp concepts. Killing liberals? If you really want to pull up junk from a long time ago, why not bring up the 30+ other threads where you "bowed out" because you couldn't throw anything intelligent, and I wouldn't stoop to refuting unintelligible and futile remarks from you.

I worry about the USA because clearly, people like you think that nothing is wrong. You're either too blind, too uninformed or too damned stubborn to realise that you're getting rooked by the upper 1%, and you must enjoy getting punted in the testicles because after the first time, one would probably put a stop to it.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:13 AM on j-body.org
the only major problem i have with the selective service is that only men are required to register.

I think women should be required to register as well, after all, aren't they looking for equality?

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:48 AM on j-body.org
The dems were the only ones saying anything about a draft and the reps have already said they would stop any attempt made by the dems to re-start one. So don't worry as
long as there any reps on the hill your all safe.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search